AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-01-27, 12:16   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 814 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Credit goes to AP's Sandman for the brief spoiler summary:

"Chapter title is "Let's go see Master Nekomamushi". Splash page features Dalton and Kureha of the former Drum kingdom.

-While Brooke is singing about meeting Nekomamushi, Wanda talks to Nami, thinking that Sanji (as well as Cedar, another mink) was kidnapped by Capone. However, Nami says that at least Sanji chose to accompany the enemy pirate of his own accord. Neko then tells both Wanda and Carrot to keep the current situation under wraps, and to keep Pekoms in the forest, so as to not stir up more anxiety....

-Back in the present, Luffy and co. discuss the current situation some more. They soon pay a visit to Pekoms, who managed to minimize the damage from Capone's bullets with his DF ability. When Luffy asks the lion man who arranged the wedding, he says that it was an agreement made between Big Mom, and Sanji's father. In fact, Sanji's old man is quite well-known in the underworld.... as the Vinsmoke family are a family of murderers. What's even more surprising, is that apparently, Brooke has seen the face of Sanji's father before....!!!

-Looks like in the end, Luffy decides to meet with both Sanji AND Big Mom over this matter, with Pekoms' help. Not so surprisingly, the rest of his crew aren't very supportive of that decision, heh.

Last edited by marvelB; 2016-01-28 at 02:56.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 02:06   Link #2
marvelB

Updated the summary a bit. We learn a little more about Sanji's family....
Old 2016-01-28, 02:13   Link #3
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Someone in mangamint made a claim if Vinsmoke is family of gorosei.
Truthfully i almost shallow that
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 02:26   Link #4
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Someone in mangamint made a claim if Vinsmoke is family of gorosei.
Truthfully i almost shallow that

That was a fake spoiler. I only make sure to post stuff that's confirmed by trusted sources (or at least, that's my aim).

So, anyhoo..... family of hitmen, eh? I wonder if this means that the Vinsmokes are related to CP9/CP0 in any way? Would certainly explain how they have enough power to influence Sanji's bounty poster....
Old 2016-01-28, 08:07   Link #5
danielevo

Wow , so sanji family is just like killua family in hunter x hunter ? It was great. This will be very interesting arc i think.. I hope sanji family is super strong too, at least higher than admiral lvl.. That will be awesome..
danielevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 09:31   Link #6
Slayerx

A nice chapter. The Night time leader is hilarious; heh "Meowie"

Chopper met the Doe of his dreams; that's just adorable.

And with the vinsmokes; the answer was a family of Assassins. Must be quite infamous if they can get the WG to do them favors. Also being assassin's would kind of explain why not many would know of them; they are we'll known in the underworld, but regular folks wouldn't hear that much about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
What's even more surprising, is that apparently, Brooke has seen the face of Sanji's father before....!!!
Chapter's out and i did not see that mentioned... Robin however think's the name sounds familiar to her. Though it does bring a thought to mind... Brooke's crew was killed by pirates using poison. But i think Brooke might have remembered something like that unless he's not aware of who they were fighting... Also not really sure if i would want there to be a connection; i mean this is more Sanji's story and things are complicated as they are; throwing Brook in there might make things a tad too complicated.
Old 2016-01-28, 09:46   Link #7
P_Dezz

Highlight of the chapter, is Zoro's speech, bringing everybody back to reality and what they're facing. We might get some info on Brook as well on this saga. Being that we don't know his past all that much either. The Rumbar pirates were from west blue, but that doesn't necessarily mean he was. Does seem like the North blue is the most screwed up of the oceans.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 10:04   Link #8
Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
And with the vinsmokes; the answer was a family of Assassins. Must be quite infamous if they can get the WG to do them favors.
WG are corrupt as hell, so it's not surprising they have dealings with assassins.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 10:44   Link #9
itachi-san314

Awesome chapter! Perfect mix of serious and hilarious. Brook's song, Chopper in love and a giant Garfield eating lasagna were cherries on top

edit: a reddit user may have found the Vinsmokes (Sanji's older brothers?) in East Blue in Luffy's past:

Also what are the odds of them being named ichiji and niiji?

Last edited by itachi-san314; 2016-01-28 at 10:55.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 11:06   Link #10
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ouch.. my stomach.. this chapter is hilarious! Master Nekomamushi is hyperactively funny

I like the talking between all Strawhat members.. how Robin actively involved in it, Zoro showed his mature side, Nami defends Sanji, and Luffy was being ridiculous as usual
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 11:14   Link #11
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
As usual Zoro is the one dropping a dose of reality on their heads. They've already pissed off a Yonkou that going to be gunning for them. Taking the fight to Big Mom and going after Sanji is a bit reckless to say the least.

But it's Luffy so they'll do it anyways .
Old 2016-01-28, 11:15   Link #12
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

I wouldn't call Luffy being Ridiculous, they need to do something, he just chose the straight forward method. He then got shot down by the others, then he suggested Sneaking in.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 12:14   Link #13
Somnus
Eh?

What a satisfying chapter. Loved every page.

Quick comments:
- I had a huge smile on my face simply from the fact the crew (sans Sanji) is back together again and interacting like this.
- I am shipping Chopper and this random Doe. HARD.
- Loved Luffy's, "We're gonna have a new crew member guys!". Sure, it was shot down. But I'm excited at the chance of this being some subtle foreshadowing.
- Nekomamushi. I can't even. This guy is hilarious.

Can't wait for more.
Old 2016-01-28, 12:39   Link #14
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Nekomamushi must hate Mondays...he also likes lasagna :P Oh, Chopper also has an admirer now!

Awesome chapter, very funny while still providing some exposition and a good load of Zoro's attitude. Sanji being from a family of assassins is...less than I had expected. I'd thought about him being a noble (like how he was the only one Crocodile didn't know about, or his nickname "Prince" at the time, among other things), plus assassins in a DF world are kinda...iunno, obsolete? It makes me wonder how someone becomes famous in that kind of trade when there are logia-types and zoans around...kill them with kairouseki garotte?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 12:52   Link #15
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
plus assassins in a DF world are kinda...iunno, obsolete? It makes me wonder how someone becomes famous in that kind of trade when there are logia-types and zoans around...kill them with kairouseki garotte?
Seastone daggers maybe?

Sanji developed some pretty impressive Haki (which is now better explained given his lineage). I assume his family has got a knack for it.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 13:03   Link #16
marvelB

Quote:
Chapter's out and i did not see that mentioned...

*Shrug* Just went with what I saw with the spoiler summaries, is all. But then, knowing those speedy translators, I wouldn't put it past them to skip a line or two in their haste.... but let's wait and see, I suppose.

Anyways.... was NOT expecting Nekomamushi to basically be Garfield. He's definitely a fun character, though. Otherwise, I don't have much else to say that hasn't been said in the thread already so far. Still, the way things are going, it looks like the crew's gonna take another detour to save Sanji, rather than head off to Wano (unless, of course, Sanji's wedding IS at Wano)....
Old 2016-01-28, 13:04   Link #17
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
And with the vinsmokes; the answer was a family of Assassins. Must be quite infamous if they can get the WG to do them favors. Also being assassin's would kind of explain why not many would know of them; they are we'll known in the underworld, but regular folks wouldn't hear that much about them.
They're a family of murderers rather than a family of assassins. The term used to describe them is "satsujin", which means murder. So I think they'll operate differently than the Cipher Pol agents, for instance. Killing doesn't seem to be a business/profession of theirs, but they just do it anyways.

-----

Zoro is right. The strawhats need to be more strategic in how they pick their fights. I know that doesn't fit with Luffy's character, but the alternative can prove very costly.
Old 2016-01-28, 13:29   Link #18
Rainbowman

So basically Sanji is the white sheep of his family of black wolves. Also I want to ask: You guys mention the name "Vinsmoke" but when I read the manga chapters being posted that name is being spelled as "Vinsmock". Why is that?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 13:42   Link #19
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Zoro is right. The strawhats need to be more strategic in how they pick their fights. I know that doesn't fit with Luffy's character, but the alternative can prove very costly.

They don't necessarily have to fight Big Mom, though.... not with Pekoms' help, as was even kinda pointed out this chapter. And didn't you even say yourself that disaster could be avoided if Big Mama was indebted to the Straw-Hats? I mean, even if Lola isn't her daughter, I'd think she might be grateful for saving the life of one of her subordinates (who just so happened to be betrayed by a so-called "comrade", at that)....
Old 2016-01-28, 14:07   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Nekomamushi is awesome. Best mink so far.

Chopper's finally found a lady he's attracted to. Good for him.