AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-02-08, 16:00   Link #221
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
I guess there's an old saying, wait and see. But once again, predictions of being buried under snow is running rampant on the news weather stations. This time it could be the 5 boroughs of NYC.
And here too. It's snowing like crazy here in London, and we only expected light rain iirc
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 16:40   Link #222
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
According to the weather report we're supposed to get snow starting on Tuesday night and continuing throughout all of Wednesday. Hmm.... wonder if it'll be enough to cancel classes.
Old 2010-02-08, 17:31   Link #223
solomon

Once again another storm is forcast from the plains to the Mid Atlantic

Chicago could get at least 6 inches. Luckily my school near Cleveland is only forecast for 3-5. However the Northeast Main Street Corridor of USA from Washington to Boston will get hit, particularly Baltimore to the north with at least a foot expected. That's in ADDITION to all the crap on the ground now! Sheesh.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 21:10   Link #224
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Maybe this one will be bigger since the last snow storm hardly brought anything to Northern New Jersey... but then again, I feel sympathetic to people who have to dig through 2 feet of snow and getting another feet since it's really hard to dig out so much snow without a blower.

Bad thing though, if classes get canceled... I have to make it up some other day since colleges don't give snow days.
Old 2010-02-08, 21:21   Link #225
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Maybe this one will be bigger since the last snow storm hardly brought anything to Northern New Jersey... but then again, I feel sympathetic to people who have to dig through 2 feet of snow and getting another feet since it's really hard to dig out so much snow without a blower.

Bad thing though, if classes get canceled... I have to make it up some other day since colleges don't give snow days.
How far North Are you>
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 21:45   Link #226
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
How far North Are you>
Well, near New York City which is 30 mins away. However, Caldwells is more inland, so it's a bit colder.
Old 2010-02-08, 22:13   Link #227
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
We're apparently going to get dumped on again here in central Pennsylvania middle of the week.

Riding my bike in the snow and slush the last two days has been interesting. All the compacted snow and stuff makes traction nearly nonexistent going through turns and I've nearly wiped out a few times.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 08:06   Link #228
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post

Mine does
Got 2 days off so far. Drove double the time to get to campus today, nearly hit another car in an exceptionally messed up road. And the parking here is virtually non-existent. Either cars are buried or some have gotten out but the open spot is too messed up anyways (too much pile on the sides = no way to open doors). I found like the ONLY spot and I still had to get out to kick a giant block of ice out of the way. And with another 18-20 inches they're calling for, I think we could get the whole week off
Actually there's a FB group for my school that says if we don't get wednesday off, we should skip
Old 2010-02-10, 15:03   Link #229
hinakatbklyn

Now this storm is the real deal, and I bet it's far from over. The snow this morning alone topped the number of inches in my area from this past weekend. More than likely, tomorrow morning, it will be tough to get out of the house and to walk to work.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 15:26   Link #230
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Well, so far... the forecast says it will have 12 to 18 inches of snow... This is alot of snow and you need a snow blower just to dig that much without hurting your back...

Anyways, I took some pictures of it and uploaded it onto Flickr... looks pretty:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22287225@N03/4347035804/
Old 2010-02-10, 15:37   Link #231
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Classes today were canceled, and even now it's still snowing pretty hard. We're also supposed to get hit with another storm tonight, so as of this moment the first two periods of our campus have been canceled, and right now it's still pending as the storm is being monitored.
Old 2010-02-10, 15:55   Link #232
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Classes today were canceled, and even now it's still snowing pretty hard. We're also supposed to get hit with another storm tonight, so as of this moment the first two periods of our campus have been canceled, and right now it's still pending as the storm is being monitored.
Lucky you. I'm praying for some miracle to happen that will prevent me from going to work tmo because how bad it's gonna be. As long as nobody dies, that's fine at least.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 20:48   Link #233
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Aimingan12
It's been snowing pretty fast in NY all morning and expected to snow until 6 a.m. tomorrow, but I think it probably will stop by midnight since it's getting a bit slow.

"All is lost."
Aimingan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 21:17   Link #234
Alchemist007
*Author

it's 20-30" now...****
School out for the week
Old 2010-02-10, 21:22   Link #235
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Around 10-15 inches of Snow and the University I attend say they canceled all morning classes... I just have two classes tomorrow.
Old 2010-02-11, 00:09   Link #236
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Well, snow stopped for now. First two periods for the campus are canceled though, so that's something.
Old 2010-02-11, 00:28   Link #237
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Tch... Frickin' snow.

For us country folks, we have it real rough. They only realized we existed two days ago, and dispatched from Pennyslvania... -sigh- damnit

That was some annoying snow storm, I shoveled my way through quite abit of it, and it snowed, AGAIN.

Snow, I will bring down ye' downfall someday, just you wait...

Apparently, the schools where I live are pretty close to canceled all around. Idiots, they had school when the snow was blowing, and now they canceled it? D-U-M-B-A-S --is stopped by mod- okay, fine... sheesh e_e;

Yeah, it's bad. Glad I got out of school a year ago </3
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 15:13   Link #238
SirJeannot
AT Field

meine Güte, it's the 10th time we got snow in Paris this year. It's got to be the first time in decades we got this much snow.
good thing : trafic congestion isn't as bad as before, as many learn driving on snow
Old 2010-02-11, 15:15   Link #239
Raiga
tl;dr

We got quite a lot and it was awesome. There are like a dozen or so snow structures scattered around campus today, including a really awesome igloo (it fits six people, apparently) and the Tachikoma that me and two friends built. My back is sore as hell and I didn't get any homework done last night but it was worth it.

Spoiler for Pictures:

Some people also rolled these two massive boulders and left them blocking one of the pathways, but they were gone in the morning. By massive boulders I mean they were almost as tall as I was.
Old 2010-02-24, 16:13   Link #240
hinakatbklyn

As far back as I can remember, there has been at worst 1 bad storm for the year, with little ones here or there. If the weather reports are correct (and they really waited until the last minute this time) this would be like the third storm where you would have to shovel just to get out of the house. (North of the city, really bad. Around the city kind of bad).

You would think what's all this talk about global warming? In a way, it's just really bad luck.

Update: City that never sleeps? The plows fell asleep this time and the main streets are still covered right now. Looks like a foot easy and not finished yet. North/West I'm betting is a disaster.

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2010-02-26 at 09:45. Reason: Snow update
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, snow, weather