AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-01-04, 08:33   Link #781
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
But wasn't Maribel stated to be a college student?

It was a great story. Looking forward to what you'll write next, if you decide to at all.
true, you got me there. Maribel was supposed to be a university student. (who knows, maybe a younger Maribel? xD)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 23:38   Link #782
MarksmanKNG

Just registered to this site. First I would like to thank mark for his efforts. Now I have a question

Do you really want a sequel to my fanfic, Time Index? I have a plan but I have not started my paper writing phase. Before I put my efforts to waste, I ask you all this. please let me know thanks.
MarksmanKNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 03:22   Link #783
Zakoo

The fanfic with the one who had control over time ?

Yeah I quite loved it. Even the end was good. So a sequel is always appreciated.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 04:04   Link #784
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

guys, do you know of a tips/ways to over come writer's block ?
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 04:12   Link #785
Zakoo

Hmm, each time I block I go read once again the light novel or some manga. Generally that gives me new ideas, for example, I was blocked with 'how introduce magical characters' in my FF but thanks to the Daihaiseisai arc I got an idea.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 05:15   Link #786
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Hmm, each time I block I go read once again the light novel or some manga. Generally that gives me new ideas, for example, I was blocked with 'how introduce magical characters' in my FF but thanks to the Daihaiseisai arc I got an idea.

thanks zakoo
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 06:25   Link #787
outerelf

Personally, I find that if I just keep on writing, even if it really sucks, I can go back and edit it to make it better. Write something, anything, sleep on it for a night, and come back in the morning.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 11:25   Link #788
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarksmanKNG View Post
Just registered to this site. First I would like to thank mark for his efforts. Now I have a question

Do you really want a sequel to my fanfic, Time Index? I have a plan but I have not started my paper writing phase. Before I put my efforts to waste, I ask you all this. please let me know thanks.
Hmm interesting first chapter for the sequel i presume, like the personality for the new character!! A music guy and Akira an average guy.. wait dont tell me it Akira from the anime movie!! :/

ps. well any cant wait for the next chapter!
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 17:50   Link #789
MarksmanKNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Hmm interesting first chapter for the sequel i presume, like the personality for the new character!! A music guy and Akira an average guy.. wait dont tell me it Akira from the anime movie!! :/

ps. well any cant wait for the next chapter!
It's not the first chapter. It's a preview of whats to come ;P
MarksmanKNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 18:05   Link #790
Ashaman

Okay, Yandere Kuroko is scary

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6338938/1/
Old 2011-01-06, 18:00   Link #791
mark1246

To all of the people who love doing Fan fiction of To Aru Majutsu no index: here something you might like. We always been having fiction of touma, misaka, and new character that were created by the fan and we love them; like yori the time control esper from :Time Index or Wiliam the awesome non-related character in the show but we wish he was! From: A Certain New Adventure & 2 (recommend you read that story)

Yet we have something missing, we don’t have a fan fiction of a prequel or something like the beginning like before Toaru began; like an origin of how the imagine breaker was born and how all this began. Well here my opinion of how the fanfic of the prequel should be

Setting: heaven Year 0xxx

“It is the celebration of a birth new candidate to take the thorne of GOD . It is said that an ange life span is really long (up to the author how long) and there is a compettion that every 300 hundres years (or any other year) candiate from the high class angel family may have there children compete with the other angel children to become the next GOD. The child that was born was Marius Dremers (just saying it could be any name by the author just felt like putting a name there) one of the 7 high ranking angel family. As I was saying here the twist, Marius may be some random angel kid, but that person is Touma Kamijou Past Life as an Angel that soon to be involve in the war that coming up in Heaven!! I know, I know, why is Touma an Angel and what happen to him that made him turn human, well im getting there. Just wait, I have more to say, i will updates daily

if any one wants to do a fanfiction on this, be my guess, but please contact me, i would really like to send you a draft of the story, THANK YOU
Old 2011-01-06, 22:50   Link #792
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Prequels, eh...

Can't really see how much reference material can a fanfic writer get apart from using the events of Railgun (which predates Index in terms of timeline), in order to keep it accurate with the events of the original storyline...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 23:01   Link #793
WiliamZ0

Nice to meet you guys, I new person in this forums~
Is this is the place to introduce fanfic?

I would recommended you guys to read my own fanfic (I still amateur so please understand)

A Certain New Adventure
and
A Certain New Adventure II

I still trying to develop myself so any critic accepted ^_^
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 17:51   Link #794
mark1246

Hello it mark1246 here, this is continue from my fanfcition from above a few. comment enjoy the update

(Quick reference before you start reading; In Heaven, both Demons and Angel can use variety of magic that you see differently in the anime world of Toaru, just pointing out)

The Dremers family is only consist of Marius, His older brother Triton, and there father: Ermus, the mother died when giving birth to Marius(but you get to know more about here later on . After many years of training in the Grand palace to compete for the GOD throne, Marius (Angel year/AGE:10 appearance: just like Touma except white hair) get bored and decided to look at the outside world for chance. He only been in the inside of the Palace (the exterior of the palace look really enormous with it own mall and castle that make it look huge) for all his life and wants to know what out there.

So far he see normal houses with normal angel citizen, nothing what he was expecting or no one coming up to him (because no one know the existence of the competitor....yet) and soon walk up to a abandon church. He look inside it and finds a pretty girl inside it, she has beautiful brown long hair and just a little younger than Marius. He could see some strange animal decoration on her skirt but couldn't make out what it was. Just before Marius could say anything the girl spot him and say to him,”What are you looking at huh, you want to fight me, baka idiot,” (Im going to let you guess who this is) Before Marius could reply to her back, she instantly launches magic. Her power take form of blue energy beam and shoot directly at Marius. Before it could hit him...( I know what you all are thinking, IM action time, well wrong that not yet) Marius summon a shield spell that incapability block the girl spell and return back to the girl and hit her. When the girl regain consciousness she see Marius right next to her, she retaliate and jumps up away from him. “Did you do anything to me while I was knockout out asking Marius while her face was red. “Hey, i'm not a pervert or anything like that, scheech being attack random like that and getting in a fight with a girl, gosh what a day almost like bad fortune .” Okay first off who are you and do you randomly atack people that just greet you.” The gril sliences and look guilty all of a sundden.” Okay im sorry about that it just people came and make fun at me just i'm girl, but when they came to chanlege me I instanly beat them up; so I took you for one of those people sorry , My name is Akasmi, Akasmi hibaski. (Toatl hint here)

going to stop for today, well bring update soon, please review on how this fanfiction going so far please, I hope it good
Old 2011-01-09, 14:39   Link #795
arkblazer

Man where do i start?

First off, you really need to work on your grammar, it sounds pretty awkward. (possibly because you were using present tense) and you are doing a lot of typos, using the wrong words and/or missing some of them altogether.

I cant really help you much because in all honesty; my grammar is pretty horrid as well. But at the very least try and use Microsoft word to help you.

As for the story, be careful with your OC there. While reading your summary my marysuedar blared quite a few times. Keep in mind that at least some people are going to have a low tolerance for Author Created Characters, so try to add them flaws and not make them too perfect. A good OC is one that can complement the setting and canon characters, not the other way around.

Last edited by arkblazer; 2011-01-09 at 16:54.
arkblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 21:39   Link #796
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkblazer View Post
Man where do i start?

First off, you really need to work on your grammar, it sounds pretty awkward. (possibly because you were using present tense) and you are doing a lot of typos, using the wrong words and/or missing some of them altogether.

I cant really help you much because in all honesty; my grammar is pretty horrid as well. But at the very least try and use Microsoft word to help you.

As for the story, be careful with your OC there. While reading your summary my marysuedar blared quite a few times. Keep in mind that at least some people are going to have a low tolerance for Author Created Characters, so try to add them flaws and not make them too perfect. A good OC is one that can complement the setting and canon characters, not the other way around.
I see, Good to hear it.

About the first one, It true my first fanfic that horrible, That's the problem that now I trying to change in 2nd fanfic. Since my Microsoft Word broken down, I use WordPad so I don't know where my fault. (Good thing MW already repaired yesterday ~)
Right now I really working on Grammar and Spelling.

About the OC , Even though he looks powerful, In reality his abilities have very many limitation. I already add it in my project right now~

Thanks for the critic, I appreciate it ! It help me to build myself ^_^
Old 2011-01-10, 03:40   Link #797
arkblazer

Lol sorry Will i was actually reviewing that little excerpt from mark.

however since you were a good sport, i went and gave the first chapter a try.

*Sigh* sorry for being an asshole; but i can see why you though that my criticism was directed at your fic.

while your grammar isn't as bad, it still had a lot of the same issues i mentioned, i think a big part of the problem is that you are not reviewing and editing the mistakes that you make. i really recommend you get a beta reader to help you out.

while i only reviewed the first chapter Your oc still seem like;not only a mary sue; but a self insertion as well. understand that a marysue is not just about him being overly powerful, but wether he has character flaws

for example i wouldnt consider accelerator a mary sue because even tho he is pretty overpowered character he is still a flawed human being.
Old 2011-01-10, 10:05   Link #798
WiliamZ0

Character flaw huh~ I do add it at the later of fanfic

He is sometimes arrogant, want to win , etc (in personality he is not a very nice guy)
In some term, he went and risk his life (Look at Chapter 19 of A Certain New Advanture)

And Yeah! I will repair the mistake ~ (too bad I almost have no time except night ~ Seems several part need to be repair huh~ It's quite true ! Especially the Chapter 19 Problem !)
Old 2011-01-12, 12:33   Link #799
arkblazer

Well, i'm half-way through the third chapter of my fic and i'd like anyone's' honest opinion.

I'd especially like if anyone who has read all the novels (especially volumes 15 and 19) tell me if Saiai and Mugino are in character, or if there are things that are OOC.

Spoiler for characters:

Last edited by arkblazer; 2011-01-14 at 09:34.
Old 2011-01-14, 23:40   Link #800
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

We don't have any Itsuwa/Touma fics either? Neither japanese nor English?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction