Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-05-07, 19:31   Link #61
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
I said it before and I will say it again.

Al Da Fllaga.

No one else stands a chance.
If that really happens, ithen I can only see one justifiable storyline. Or 2 rather, if they want to involve Turn-A.

It would be awesome if the movie revealed that the greatest contributions post-George Glenn like the creation of GiNN, the advent of medicinal advances were actually contributed by Naturals like Ulen, Melchio and himself and not these so-called evolution of humanity, Coordinators. Destiny touched on this only once, as mentioned that Coordinators doesn't have Natural's level of medical science.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 19:40   Link #62
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
If that really happens, ithen I can only see one justifiable storyline. Or 2 rather, if they want to involve Turn-A.

It would be awesome if the movie revealed that the greatest contributions post-George Glenn like the creation of GiNN, the advent of medicinal advances were actually contributed by Naturals like Ulen, Melchio and himself and not these so-called evolution of humanity, Coordinators. Destiny touched on this only once, as mentioned that Coordinators doesn't have Natural's level of medical science.
I am not sure that's a good idea...

Al Da is a nutcase who was essentially responsible in raising a child who became Rau. He has got to be sick in the head in some way, and not a pleasant representation of Naturals...
Old 2006-05-07, 20:07   Link #63
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Maybe it will be revealed that kira's dad is still alive? jk although that would make an interesting story. Heck bring Al in as the next masked guy.

Becuase without a proper villian the movie wont be good. No more behind the scenes plotting bastards like Gilbert. (i'd actually like to see whats "behind" the scenes)
Old 2006-05-07, 21:06   Link #64
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

As far as the Gundams and the time setting go, I'd like to see it set 10-15 years down the road. That way, if Kira and Athrun and Shinn come back to fight, they do it with the inferior SF, IJ and a rebuilt (but still just as outdated) Destiny. Make them actually have to TRY to keep up with newer, superior suits. They could still come up with more lightweight, faster suits with more effecient cooling and weaponry systems that could outclass the others. With computer upgrades and a little autonomy, SF's DRAGOONs would become less formidable. Improved sensors could render Destiny's afterimage ability useless. IJ would probably be the only one to come out even, since it's all melee.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 21:47   Link #65
brightman
Ancient Member

Well, I take back what I said before about this being like CCA.

This is only going to be what, at most 120 minutes, but probably 90 minutes long (seems like all recent Sunrise movies are this short)? Tomino packs plenty of stuff in his shows to the point that things move by at the speed of light, while Morosawa likes to drag on and on with crappy dialogues. So its too short a time to do as much as Tomino did in CCA.

So if anything, I see this becoming an Endless Waltz... Something goes wrong (Lacus/Cagalli get kidnapped?), but Kira, Athrun & Shinn need to save the day. Give some development to the villain, have Shinn/Athrun switching sides again. Kira comes on this Strike Freedom Custom and convinces Shinn/Athrun to come back, then proceeds to kick ass. The end...

Sounds like what Fukuda would do.
Old 2006-05-07, 22:47   Link #66
boredandsleepy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikyu
@boredandsleepy

thanks for the info ^^ .... this thread need official things sometimes (before everyone goes crazy)
You're welcomed. ^^

Here are my two cents...

Although I had said earlier to take those unconfirmed news as grain salt, my assumption that the news could be valid by looking at the crowd below who went to the SonyMusic ANIME FES.06. If the news are fake, we would have seen immediate echo/critics by those who had indeed attended/witnessed the festival. I hope more details would be officially published/announced soon.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
boredandsleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 01:50   Link #67
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Well, I take back what I said before about this being like CCA.

This is only going to be what, at most 120 minutes, but probably 90 minutes long (seems like all recent Sunrise movies are this short)? Tomino packs plenty of stuff in his shows to the point that things move by at the speed of light, while Morosawa likes to drag on and on with crappy dialogues. So its too short a time to do as much as Tomino did in CCA.

So if anything, I see this becoming an Endless Waltz... Something goes wrong (Lacus/Cagalli get kidnapped?), but Kira, Athrun & Shinn need to save the day. Give some development to the villain, have Shinn/Athrun switching sides again. Kira comes on this Strike Freedom Custom and convinces Shinn/Athrun to come back, then proceeds to kick ass. The end...

Sounds like what Fukuda would do.
Wait a sec here......You were thinking this will be like CCA? I mean, I'm one of the bigger pro-Fukuda guys here, but you were seriously giving him and Morosawa too much credit.

Aside from obvious movies, most anime movies as of late aren't all that great. Not to mention unless this movie exist as a FINAL closure to the 3 C.E Heroes, it'll have a 60% chance of ending up being merely a decent movie, far from something like CCA that was supposed to be a short series from a full-length novel, also created to end the story of Amuro and Char.

And CCA was fast-paced due to the amount of stuff there was supposed to be in the novel. Belthorchika, Amuro's son, Hi-Nu, Nightingale, etc sure as hell wasn't in CCA.

Wait...even though Fukuda's directing, is it even a sure-fire that Morosawa's writing the whole thing? In Dendoh, Morosawa's only involved in like 7 episodes.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 02:39   Link #68
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69
how about you skip the movie and stop tormenting yourself. its really easy cause from the looks of it lacus and her salves are on the movie as maincharacters. -_-''

and i dont see why sunries/bandai wouldnt use kira/athrun/cagalli/lacus/shinn

a whole newcast you get 100,000 happy fans
oldcast sunries/bandai gets 5,000,000 happy fans.

i also cant understand how people can be so sure that Stargazer will be 10000X better than Destiny when the 3 Ova's arent even out yet.
I stated that I'm having trouble seeing what path the movie can take and that they cannot simply do it without having the main cast from SEED how hard is that it understand? You know it as well. I never said Stargazer was better(it's not even out yet and I even stated that Fukuda could do good on this one), I simply stated that I can only see a story being used by following it by going back into one of the other series. Read posts rather than putting words into other peoples' mouths.

That and we also had that other interview I recall from Fukuda was it or someone who gave us the info on what happened to which I think Deacon stated that pretty much everything was over.

Speaking of the info, I wonder if they'll also bring in side characters and MS in as well. I'm seeing several dozens, if not all, all of the MS in the CE era being brought into this one way or the other.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 07:58   Link #69
Mirtual

Good news, I was getting bored on the gundam sector. About time I get to see more Gundams in action, besides I like the seed universe.
Good thing I did not start my gundam career with the old shows like zeta or else I might be one of the complainers unable to enjoy anything new they get now. Lucky me I guess.
I just hope there will be a progression in the SEED timeline in the movie(s?).
There might not be any pictures out yet?
BTW, what happened to that OAV that was supposed to come out?
Mirtual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 08:49   Link #70
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Not to mention unless this movie exist as a FINAL closure to the 3 C.E Heroes,
Yes, that's what I thought (hoped) this movie would be like. To close out the current CE timeline in an epic way like CCA. Yes, I expected too much, which is why I posted the "alternative".

Quote:
Wait...even though Fukuda's directing, is it even a sure-fire that Morosawa's writing the whole thing? In Dendoh, Morosawa's only involved in like 7 episodes.
Probably. Movies are usually done by one writer. The CCA, F91, Turn A and Zeta movies were all written by Tomino himself, whereas he almost never writes individual screenplays for his TV shows. And Morosawa wrote the last two CF OVAs and the Destiny Special Edition by herself.

Last edited by brightman; 2006-05-08 at 09:03.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 09:20   Link #71
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirtual
BTW, what happened to that OAV that was supposed to come out?
Stargazer part 1 comes out next month if I'm not mistaken.
Old 2006-05-08, 09:41   Link #72
Strike Mk.II

I was thinking that maybe the movie might have something to do with SEED Factor.
They can introduce some kind of scenario where more people are emerging with the SEED Factor, and it can bring about new conflicts, such as people abusing there SEED abilities, or Military taking advantage of people with SEED treating them as weapons and tools. Since the SEED Factor is something that can appear in everyone, maybe it can reflame the whole Natural/Co-ordinator conflict, it can go in lots of ways, that its a mutation, or it makes one side more supiorior than the other, I dont know.
I know its similarily been done with Newtypes before in UC and in Gundam X, but as its been said before what conflict was there at the end of Destiny? I think that involving the SEED Factor might be good idea. Perhaps they introduce a big enough twist in it to make it stand out from what has similarily done before.

I was also thinking that just because its going to be a movie, it still might not have anything to do with something on such a large scale like an all out war or something. It is possible thats it could simply involve something on a smaller scale, like dealing with smaller rebel factions that still believe in the ideals of Patrick Zala, Blue Cosmos, or Dullindal. Although that may not sound right, we have seen other Gundam shows where small forces were able to pull off some incredible things, like Stardust Memory or 08th MS Team. Heck even in Destiny we saw small group of Zala Extreamists throw a colony at the earth.

Perhaps Im giving the Director and his team here too much credit.
Strike Mk.II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 14:04   Link #73
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
i think the reason fukuda make a GSD movie because many people unsatisfied
the final plus and the special edition
but i'm glad on the movie i can see kira again
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 15:18   Link #74
mikyu

yeah ... like the end of evangelion
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 00:08   Link #75
iceyfw

i'd give it two years from now before the seed universe dies
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 15:55   Link #76
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

from Gunota:
Quote:
Posters on 2ch point out that Houko Kuwashima's diary on SEED Club's cellphone site says
Spoiler:
It's not clarified in what capacity the character appears though at this early stage, speculation favors a memory scene.
OW this is great! Fukuda really is the director
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 16:24   Link #77
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikyu
yeah ... like the end of evangelion
Hey Evangelion was fucked up...... i heard from someone that the director or was it the creator went crazy near the end so that is why the anime Evangelion had such a fucked up ending.... it had no meaning to it....... i doubt GSD movie would ever happen like that -_______-||| like ending up Shinn strangling Luna or Athrun strangling Cagalli or even worse, Kira strangling lacus
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 16:47   Link #78
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
it had no meaning to it
Yes, it did. It really, really did. The ending of EoE and that of the TV-series is the same, but from two different perspectives.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 16:51   Link #79
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Yeah, if you think Eva TV didn't have a meaningful ending then you totally fell off the boat prior to episode 25. I daresay Eva TV had a better ending then EoE. Eva TV had an awesome ending, I'd prefer I never even watched EoE, it ruined the beautiful ending of the TV series.

With regard to Stella being in the GSD movie, I bet it will be as a flashback. If her character is revived, I will buy every member who regularly posts in the G forum a Ferrari, minus UC homers and wingdarkness. I don't think Fukuda will bring her back to life, and yes I realize this is Fukuda we're talking about.
Old 2006-05-28, 17:01   Link #80
PaPe
The chibi mistress

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
PaPe is offline   Reply With Quote