AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-08-05, 05:56   Link #9621
Johnny
Working the bags...

Well I would agree to an extent, but whose the one that's bent over backwards, sideways, and twisted himself into a pretzel a few times for how many years now? Plus we all know he's the not the sharpest tool in the shed...

Added to the fact that he's been depressed recently over the career hype and then suddenly gets his gusto back over this cooking schtick. Yet you expect him to read the signs while he's in full on cooking mode? Nah, not going to work. I thought this little bit was the closest as I would call him being a normal guy...

Eba is the one being extreme. Maybe a day or so in the doghouse to get her point across, but more than that and to the extent of blocking his number and basically ignoring him is going overboard. Plus that reaction at the end of the chapter. Seo is taking her character back to Strangeville again...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 06:55   Link #9622
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I don't think that's right. She was quite forthcoming and apologized proactively for her jealous reaction in the cafe. But instead of wondering WHY she'd react like that (Yuzuki hasn't been particularly jealous in the past) he's only tickled pink by the attention. She's also open about being very excited over their trip, but Haruto completely ignores that and merely rambles on over being happy that he finally has a girl he can talk about over his cooking passion - the very same girl Yuzuki had the outburst over. He agrees to accompany Yuzuki on a trip - to the restaurant Mana recommended. Then he picks up the call from Mana and gets excited, claiming to be free tomorrow. And Yuzuki leaves in anger and tells him to do what he wants.

Sorry. What's left here to explain? Whoever seriously doesn't understand why Yuzuki is angry needs to be stupid, plain and simple.

I understand why she got angry in that immediate situation: He was inconsiderate for a moment, that was dumb, I get that but it wasn't my point. I'm criticizing that before there was next to no clues that hinted at the incidents you posted to have such an impact that warrants this extent of Yuzuki's outburst. Don't tell me you saw this coming when you read the bed scene, jealousy scenes etc. ... all you do now is backtracking, trying to tie things together to fit as reasons for the current situation.

Sure it makes some sense if you put it together like that afterwards but I personally don't like the feeling that some parts of a story, which were seemingly completed, are suddenly being drawn on out of nowhere with no hints before.

Quote:
Exactly that's why. It indicated that something was wrong. And I do think that he indeed intended exactly this outcome.
Again, ofc we know that something is wrong now but where is the obvious built-up to that? Not every surprise to the reader is a good twist and especially out-of-character moments are mostly not enjoyable for the reader.

Quote:
Really? Even NOW???

If I were in Haruto's shoes, after THIS chapter I'd be in full alert mode and smack myself for having been so stupid up to now. What's clear is that Yuzuki is still _extremely_ mad, but fully controlled, so it's not a reaction stemming from the heat of the moment. And if Haruto doesn't get his head out of his rear end and acts on it, this definitely has the potential to be headed to Splitsville soon.
I was talking from a more literary perspective, I seldomly put myself into characters' positions. Funny faces and Hoshina's witty (and selfish) remark to "make up before the trip" lower the conveyed angst level for the reader. It sure is a serious problem that needs to be dealt with but Seo is obviously picturing it to not be an imminent danger to their relationship, otherwise he wouldn't add so many comedic moments.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 08:59   Link #9623
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

You're talking like Yuzuki is a saint here...

Haruto screwed up big time with the phonecall, that's a given...but it wasn't as gigantic a fuck up as you're trying to make it look like. Yea, it was bad but her overreaction was unnecessary.
And what's with Haruto being solely to blame because he ignored her or whatever? We've seen that Haruto is dense but also attentive toward his partner and a relationship is a two way deal. What have we seen Yuzuki do that far surpasses what Haruto has done for her? Sure, she went to visit him at the restaurant...and ended up not letting him work properly because of petty jealousy...hell if I were her boyfriend I'd be pissed at this, thank god Haruto isn't in one of those Shibuya host clubs or else she'd have a heart attack...
What about the "date" he went with the Chisa brat for her? He didn't have too, but it would have reflected badly on Yuzuki if she quit cram school so he went and set her straight...

I totally agree with her having a right to be mad at him, she has all the right to do so after the mess he pulled right in front of her...but going missing for 3 days? Not telling even her siblings where she was and blocking his number? Going back but not even giving him the time of day? That is pure OVERREACTION, that you only see in little spoiled girls throwing a tantrum. If you and your partner have a problem you do NOT go missing and ignore him to that level...unless of course you don't want to solve things. How in the holy hell can Haruto even attempt to solve the problem if she doesn't even let him communicate to her?

Big ups to her for considering Miyu's feelings and still going on the trip...but is that really a good thing? Of course in her mind it is, she thinks she can just ignore Haruto the whole time (we will see that she will) and play with Miyu...but that's bad, even Miyu will feel the tension and I know that at least I personally would NOT enjoy any kind of trip with two other people that are on bad terms with eachother.

So yes, Haruto messed up big time...but no, Yuzuki is no saint on the matter, not by a long shot. She's completely overreacting and not even giving him the opportunity to redeem himself, how is he supposed to attempt to "fix" the problem if she doesn't even allow any communication? Easy, she simply doesn't want Haruto to redeem himself, she's throwing a tantrum like a spoiled kid...

Fcking hell...this is why I only date older, more mature women...I can't deal with stuck up spoiled little girls like this and their bullshit.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 10:27   Link #9624
SidVicious
Anime addict

Yuzuki is just trolling him.

He will learn his lesson and they will be together during the trip.
Old 2012-08-05, 10:38   Link #9625
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

All in all I have to agree with Mentar because I was in the same position before and I didn't screw up like Haruto did. I used to stick up for Haruto, but come on. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what he did was kinda........ how can I say this gently or maybe I can't. Anyway, I think anyone knows where I am getting at, but this boy needs to start growing up.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 10:57   Link #9626
DarkRaven
GOD

Poor neighbor girl i mean they are still going to the trip but... she wont be able to enjoy it due to the bitching behavior of yuzuki and the depressed mood of haruto .. it will be really AWKWARD
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 11:02   Link #9627
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Really doesn't help much that he sent out a text message that said "Stop being so stubborn and bothering your siblings. I want to talk to you, so come home already!". I will tell you right now, if I sent a text message like that to my girlfriend she would break up with me and moved out right away. Haruto really dug up his grave with his relationship. He needs to fix it since he cause the problem and actually made it worse.
Old 2012-08-05, 11:05   Link #9628
DarkRaven
GOD

i wonder how's he going to do that .. i mean yuzuki wont even look at him now less let him talk will he apologize using sign language? lol
Old 2012-08-05, 11:06   Link #9629
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
I mean no one really could've really seen this coming just by looking at the incidents you mention, right? To me they were either solved very nicely and lovey-dovey nevertheless (bed scene) or completely comical.
Not sure how anyone could have missed Yuzuki imploding at some point.
She wants Haurto but he ain't giving, that is surely gonna cause problems no matter what anyone thinks or says.
It was building up and the dam finally broke.
Yuzuki maybe overreacting but as Mentar says alot of the blame still lies with Haurto, not to say Yuzuki isn't at fault either.
If Haruto doesn't realize how much Yuzuki is yearning for him, he would regret it at some point but this being a Shounen Seo work I figure something left field will pop up instead and make us go "wtf?"

At the very least we won't see Haruto going on the trip with Hoshina alone, I won't be losing the will to live after all, thank you Seo!
Old 2012-08-05, 11:10   Link #9630
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

This step was needed for Haruto. Everyone that known him often said he was anti-social or something even Asuka said it when she was still going out with him (Forgot which chapter that was). I knew this was coming, Yuzuki shown clear signs of it and Haruto didn't attempt to make it very clear to her although he said nothing was going on, but he contradict himself with his actions than his word. Question being where was Yuzuki staying all that time.
Old 2012-08-05, 11:15   Link #9631
DarkRaven
GOD

well i have a few suggestions of where she was staying all this time:
1. mangaka girl's place
2. some random friend's house (female friend)
3. or a dude's house (hope not)
time to start guessing i guess..
Old 2012-08-05, 11:18   Link #9632
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Some guy from some other forum said it was confirmed that she stay at Mizumoto guy's place. Don't know if he was trolling, but things has been unpredictable right now. Some people in the beginning expected this situation to be fix in like 2 chapters now it has escalated into maybe a 4 to 10 chapter arc.
Old 2012-08-05, 11:19   Link #9633
DarkRaven
GOD

really? if that is true then it would be weird i mean they dont know each other that well for her to stay at his house .. they just met a couple of times but who knows anything is possible
Old 2012-08-05, 11:20   Link #9634
KNIM

Time to cash in on the offer, Hehruto.
KNIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 11:24   Link #9635
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRaven View Post
really? if that is true then it would be weird i mean they dont know each other that well for her to stay at his house .. they just met a couple of times but who knows anything is possible
Really hope not, Haruto gave up Asuka for her and stayed by her despite Yuzuki's father trying to break them up. Which I really praise Haruto for sticking with her, Maybe she was at her parent's house or maybe she was at Rin's but asked Rin to play along. Oh maybe she was at that guy's house to make to talk to his sister about Haruto.

All in all, usually things that don't end in two chapters become big things. At least it brought back attention to the series.
Old 2012-08-05, 11:26   Link #9636
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

@Bonta: Then please tell me where was it hinted at that Yuzuki has been building up frustration, that there was a serious problem in their relationship before Haruto made that mistake? People were praising KNIM for it's carefree slice of life tone it had lately but now suddenly there are some that are like " now that you mention it, this all makes sense."

Simple question: Was there ANY sodding foreshadowing that Yuzuki would act like that, EVER? NO, there freaking wasn't. That's my simple complaint.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 11:29   Link #9637
DarkRaven
GOD

yeah that's true .. i guess everything will be solved during the "trip" (at least i hope so) lol
Old 2012-08-05, 11:36   Link #9638
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRaven View Post
yeah that's true .. i guess everything will be solved during the "trip" (at least i hope so) lol
Yeah I guess so, or like you said hope so. The trip is maybe a week or at least 2 days. No one would be taking a trip for a single day and come back the next. That should be plenty of time. Though this is also character progression for Haruto.
Old 2012-08-05, 11:36   Link #9639
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
@Bonta: Then please tell me where was it hinted at that Yuzuki has been building up frustration, that there was a serious problem in their relationship before Haruto made that mistake? People were praising KNIM for it's carefree slice of life tone it had lately but now suddenly there are some that are like " now that you mention it, this all makes sense."

Simple question: Was there ANY sodding foreshadowing that Yuzuki would act like that, EVER? NO, there freaking wasn't. That's my simple complaint.
I'm with Waven. So far the only thing I've seen that could spark any real problems between the two was the way Haruto holds up Yuzuki on a freaking pedestal like she's a porcelain doll. He doesn't want to "defile" her? Man, having sex with your girlfriend ISN'T defiling her...you have issues if you think that...
That said, this has nothing to do with the current fight so...where the hell was the foreshadowing? The little jealousy fit she had at his work? If that's it then that's super weak...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 11:42   Link #9640
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Some guy from some other forum said it was confirmed that she stay at Mizumoto guy's place. Don't know if he was trolling, but things has been unpredictable right now. Some people in the beginning expected this situation to be fix in like 2 chapters now it has escalated into maybe a 4 to 10 chapter arc.
I don't see how anyone but Seo would know that. Unless the scanlators completely omitted this information, what I would consider very VERY unlikely.

The main problem with Haruto is that he is a binary emotional retard. Seriously, he is. Either he happens to be focused (better: fixated) on someone, then he'll be dedicated and reliable. Or he isn't, then he is completely unable to pick up the most ominous signs and is just terrible in maintaining relationships, and once disaster strikes, he is too stupid to properly react to it without outside help. Then he'd rather lament and whine about things to outsiders instead of figuring out what the problem is and fixing it with his partner. What makes things particularly grating is that he usually isn't unfaithful or rude/abusive, so fixing things would be fairly simple. He just doesn't "get" it. Emotional retardation of the saddest kind.

Quote:
The warning klaxon was Yuzuki's jealous outburst. Haruto had been around pretty girls all the time, and she didn't mind at all. It was no compelling proof that something had to be brewing, but it was out of the ordinary so that a normal partner would have picked up on it and tried to steer clear of the source of her discomfort. Haruto didn't. Even though it was so atypical for her.

Quote:
Aside from the outburst, her reactions during the talk in the chapter. Haruto even noticed them, but as usual failed to connect the dots.

Thing is that you can inadvertently run into problems like these in relationships, it's extremely difficult to avoid. But then again, it's no biggie if you deal with it properly. This is where Haruto ALSO always fails. Not just mutter to yourself or outsiders "my fault", tell it to HER and try to make amends. He doesn't.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-08-05 at 21:16.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life