AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-20, 18:25   Link #121
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I believe Sora will get a new outfit in following trailers to avoid confusing gamers. The same happened in Dream Drop Distance when Nomura designed his red costume.
I hope Lea gets a new outfit before Sora. There is no reason why he should still be in his Organization cloak other than Square-Enix being lazy and saving money by recycling his Axel model.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 19:04   Link #122
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I hope Lea gets a new outfit before Sora. There is no reason why he should still be in his Organization cloak other than Square-Enix being lazy and saving money by recycling his Axel model.
I wouldn't mind seeing something like a touched up version of his BBS outfit.
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 19:59   Link #123
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I'm kinda hoping that we get a bundle of all the games thus far sometime down the line for the next gen and a way bit after KH3. Seems like it wouldn't be hard since they've remade most of the handheld games and Birth by sleep would only need a touch up.
Kindom hearts 1.5HD included KH1 and Chain of memories (and has cutscenes from 358/2 days)... it's been implied that there will be a Kingdom Hearts 2.5 that will include Birth by sleep and Re:coded. So far no word on word on dream drop distance, but i might guess that would wait until Kingdom Hearts 3.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
N
Oh, he's said he has a conclusion. Just not every single detail in between.
And when did he say he had this conclusion in mind? Was it before or after KH1/2? Cause really the set up for KH3 is such a convoluted mess that its hard to see how he not only had that it mind but didn't think it wasn't overly complicated... Seriously, just looking at the games i can see how a much similar but much simplier story could have been told

Quote:
Sounds fine to me. I don't understand why that should be a difficult concept to grasp. Assuming they had played the game of course, and those descriptions would be spoilers, and I don't really think you would need to mention the Ven connection right away.

Besides, why would a newcomer start during or after KH2? If they do that, then it's really not my concern if they're confused. Start where you're supposed to.
Why not? Unless you are writing one continuous story with no breaks like lord of the rings, then each story should be self-contained enough that a newcomer does not need to read the previous stories to understand it. Its also how you know your story is not overly complicated because this means you can sum up what happened previously fairly easily

I mean the story of kindgom hearts is just such and confusing, convoluted mess that its difficult to sum it up even IF you've played the games. How would you go about including enough information in the 3rd game to understand anything that's going on. Heck not to mention the fact that its been YEARS since the previous games came out and a lot of gamers are not gonna remember; should a good writer really expect his readers to reread the old stories just to understand the new one?

Quote:
Eh, I accept the reasoning that Ansem and Xemnas weren't accessing the real KH, so they didn't need the x-blade.
No, that's a result of nomura not planning anything out and thus having to come up with excuses.

And really the "chi-blade"? Ya way to make it confusing, you didn't have subtitles on you wouldn't have any idea what they were talking about... why not something simple like "the master keyblade" or the "Holy Key Blade". Heck i mean the main reason they were called "key blades" in the first place is because they locked and unlocked things like a key. Calling it a "chi-blade" kinda looses that meaning.

Quote:
And come on, are you really trying to attribute biological accuracy to hearts in this series? You realize they're intended more as "spirit" than physical organs. And that part of BBS was hardly the first time in the series we had seen someone's heart in another body
Who's taking about biology; we're talking about what makes sense in kingdom hearts universe. Ven and Sora had nothing in common and yet they are not only connected but somehow Sora is able to repair ven's heart from across time and space? Since when was this a thing? I mean i would accept it if the two actually HAD a connection, like if they had met, shared a bond or something like that... that's sorta what terra and Aqua did when they met Riku and Kairi. Heck Xehanort was even gonna leave Ven on Desitny island of all places; would it have been so hard to have sora MEET the unconscious Ven to create this connection?

Really as it is, it just feels like a very lazy and half-assed way for Sora and Ven to have a connection. Heck i might even think that Nomrua didn't even plan out how Ven and Sora were connected when he wrote kingdom hearts 2; he just wanted to put in that twist with Roxas in the beginning of the game, but didn't want to give it away since making Roxas look like sora(like how other nobodies look like their full selves) would have made it too obvious that he was up to something
Old 2013-06-20, 23:08   Link #124
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I'm more interested in how they'll introduce 0.5 (BBS vol 2), those extra scenes after BBS final mix, I doubt they'd be scrapped to make way for 3, though I wouldn't mind it if they did.
Old 2013-06-21, 12:39   Link #125
Destined_Fate

BBS is a prequel, funny it may get in 2.5... Still, they will at least have KH2 in 2.5. BBS and Re:coded would work as well but I don't see them moving DDD for a long while and it's pretty important so it eventually will have to if they want to do a bundle of the KH3 Saga + Connected games in the very distant future.

Perhaps 2.5 will be KH2: FM, BBS: FM, Re:Coded and a 3.5 will be KH: FM and DDD.

Than a super Bundle far later, if it even comes to pass, of KH1.5, 2.5, and 3.5 all together.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 13:17   Link #126
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post

And when did he say he had this conclusion in mind? Was it before or after KH1/2? Cause really the set up for KH3 is such a convoluted mess that its hard to see how he not only had that it mind but didn't think it wasn't overly complicated... Seriously, just looking at the games i can see how a much similar but much simplier story could have been told
You just said he could have had a conclusion in mind and now you're saying there's no way he could?

Quote:
Why not? Unless you are writing one continuous story with no breaks like lord of the rings, then each story should be self-contained enough that a newcomer does not need to read the previous stories to understand it. Its also how you know your story is not overly complicated because this means you can sum up what happened previously fairly easily
Cause it's stupid. You don't start Star Wars with Empire, or Harry Potter with Order of the Phoenix, so don't start this with KH2. Otherwise, your confusion is your own fault.

Quote:
I mean the story of kindgom hearts is just such and confusing, convoluted mess that its difficult to sum it up even IF you've played the games.
Again, not really. Not until 3D hit at least.

Quote:
How would you go about including enough information in the 3rd game to understand anything that's going on.
Why should KH3 be concerned with catching people up on every game that came before? That's what the HD bundles coming out now are for anyway. And if they really want to, they can just include that Memento feature 3D had in KH3 again.

Quote:
Heck not to mention the fact that its been YEARS since the previous games came out and a lot of gamers are not gonna remember; should a good writer really expect his readers to reread the old stories just to understand the new one?

No, that's a result of nomura not planning anything out and thus having to come up with excuses.
I've already said he didn't plan everything out from the start, so you're just restating things. My only point was, despite this, much of it has fit together surprisingly well.

Quote:
And really the "chi-blade"? Ya way to make it confusing, you didn't have subtitles on you wouldn't have any idea what they were talking about... why not something simple like "the master keyblade" or the "Holy Key Blade". Heck i mean the main reason they were called "key blades" in the first place is because they locked and unlocked things like a key. Calling it a "chi-blade" kinda looses that meaning.
Yeah, it's called a homophone. I'm not sure if you're looking for an actual reason or just complaining, but on the basic level the whole X/chi symbol ties back into the X in the Organization's names, the result of Xehanort's fascination with the symbol.

Quote:
Who's taking about biology; we're talking about what makes sense in kingdom hearts universe. Ven and Sora had nothing in common and yet they are not only connected but somehow Sora is able to repair ven's heart from across time and space? Since when was this a thing? I mean i would accept it if the two actually HAD a connection, like if they had met, shared a bond or something like that... that's sorta what terra and Aqua did when they met Riku and Kairi. Heck Xehanort was even gonna leave Ven on Desitny island of all places; would it have been so hard to have sora MEET the unconscious Ven to create this connection?
Well, that may not be a development you like, but it's hardly confusing. Sora has moved more and more towards "the savior" role as the series has progressed, and him being able to reach out and touch others' hearts so easily is the manifestation of that. I think they mentioned something to that effect in 3D.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 21:32   Link #127
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
You just said he could have had a conclusion in mind and now you're saying there's no way he could?
It doesn't make sense... if he WAS thinking ahead, then he should have seen how horribly complicated this story was and thus simplified it. Hence why it makes more sense that's his just been amking it up as he goes as that would explain why everything is so convoluted; he has to find ways to fit this games together when they were never meant to be together in the first place and that means filling up A LOT of holes.

Quote:
Cause it's stupid. You don't start Star Wars with Empire, or Harry Potter with Order of the Phoenix, so don't start this with KH2. Otherwise, your confusion is your own fault.

Why should KH3 be concerned with catching people up on every game that came before? That's what the HD bundles coming out now are for anyway. And if they really want to, they can just include that Memento feature 3D had in KH3 again.
And yet, if you did you wouldn't be too lost and would probably still be able to follow those stories despite not starting at the very beginning. The sequels to a lot of stories are written with the impression that some people will be jumping on without going through the previous stories. They include enough background information and exposition so that anyone NEW to the story that's jumping on will be able to follow along; it doesn't take them all that much effort either since the events of the previous stories can be easily summarized.

And really doing so also helps encourage trying to make sure your story is not over complicated. Kingdom hearts, even if you HAVE been following the games is hard to understand because of how many twists and turns there are along with tons of unnecessary information. Heck another thing i take issue with is the fact that all of the in-between stories are also necessary to understanding the plots of the Main line of games. If you just stick to KH1, 2 and 3 it seems likely you will be confused without the side games; those side games contain A LOT of important elements. normally when you have a main line series and side stories, the sides stories are only meant to add something extra, not be important to understanding the plot of the main series. If they are so important then why aren't they PART of the main series; like BBS being kingdom hearts 0.

not to mention that movies are only 2 hours long and can be done in a single day where as the KH games would take several WEEKS to get through, making it even more irksome to expect 100% of your audience to replay ALL of them before moving on.

Quote:
Again, not really. Not until 3D hit at least.

I've already said he didn't plan everything out from the start, so you're just restating things. My only point was, despite this, much of it has fit together surprisingly well.
Well too bad, cause 3D not only happen, but 3D explains how all these games are connected and sets up the plot for KHIII, and there is plenty that does not fit well...

Spoiler for rant mode:

It just goes on, and on like this... I barely even touched the time travel and all the problems THAT can cause. Time travel almost always makes things messy.

Quote:
Yeah, it's called a homophone. I'm not sure if you're looking for an actual reason or just complaining, but on the basic level the whole X/chi symbol ties back into the X in the Organization's names, the result of Xehanort's fascination with the symbol.
It just makes thing even MORE confusing. I mean really despite the game having full audio the subtitles actually end up being REQUIRED to understand the story. if it weren't for the subtitles players would get confused over which "key Blade" they were talking about.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2013-06-22 at 09:55.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 21:51   Link #128
Reality_Breaker

Quote:

Really as it is, it just feels like a very lazy and half-assed way for Sora and Ven to have a connection. Heck i might even think that Nomrua didn't even plan out how Ven and Sora were connected when he wrote kingdom hearts 2; he just wanted to put in that twist with Roxas in the beginning of the game, but didn't want to give it away since making Roxas look like sora(like how other nobodies look like their full selves) would have made it too obvious that he was up to something

Well Sora and Ven couldn't meet because when Sora gives Ven a part of his heart is the moment Sora was born (it's explained somewhere, I for the life of me can't remember where), their connection is that moment where Sora helps Ven's heart recover, also by Sora doing that it's stating mwhat was said in KH1 that Sora has a strong heart which makes him the true keyblade chosen one (the whole RRiku being the true keyblade bearer was addressed in BBS when he gets the keyblade ceremony from Terra making Sora the only one who got his keyblade without getting the ceremony), I agree Roxas does look more like Sora than Ven he only looks like Ven because he has Ven's heart with a piece of Sora's heart inside of him. Maybe it was planned maybe it wasn't but at least he answered a lot of questions we had. I feel bad for the people who think they can just jump into KH3 without playing the other games, let's see how sales do on the xbone
Reality_Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 21:52   Link #129
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I guess we all have things we can't suspend our disbelief for. Personally though, I can for this.

Maybe the inevitable story "saga" that comes after KHIII ends will be constructed a little better for those who are more picky about such things.
Old 2013-06-22, 10:28   Link #130
Shadow5YA

I just want a straightforward story. No more time travelling, Xehanort/Sora heart outsourcing, or other weird loopholes.

Oh, and since this is going to be on the PS4, no recycled models. I can't tell you how lazy it was when they used Axel's model for Lea in 3D. They didn't even change his outfit like they did for Riku and Sora.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 12:48   Link #131
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

To be fair they did remove the markings he had under his eyes, but that's incredibly minor.

PS4 is a pretty big step up from PS2 though so it's doubtful they can recycle much in the way of character models from previous titles anyway.
Old 2013-06-22, 13:42   Link #132
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
To be fair they did remove the markings he had under his eyes, but that's incredibly minor.

PS4 is a pretty big step up from PS2 though so it's doubtful they can recycle much in the way of character models from previous titles anyway.
I doubt they recycle stuff unless they use flashbacks just like in Metal Gear Solid 4. Such PS3 grabbed frames from the PS1-PS2 games to let player see a flashback
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 15:26   Link #133
Destined_Fate

I really want to see the end of Cloud vs Sephiroth fight in this franchise and Cloud and Tifa having their moment after Sephiroth is gone. As Sephiroth cannot defeat Cloud who has Tifa's light protecting him now.

Also want to see Aqua, Terra, and Ventus reunited and how Aqua and Ventus will react to an older Terra while Aqua and Ventus haven't aged at all.

Also in DDD distance Kairi as represent by Aqua, Sora with Ventus, and Riku with Terra. That could be just mean they're the ones they passed the baton down to or something else. I guess. Though I hope it doesn't mean Aqua x Ventus as he's quite young compared to her but than again Terra will be much older when he gets his body back. Hmmm....
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 16:17   Link #134
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

According to Nomura, Sephiroth and Tifa from Kingdom Hearts... are not even real. Sephiroth is apparently the personification of Cloud's darkness while Tifa represents his light.
Old 2013-06-22, 16:54   Link #135
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I really want to see the end of Cloud vs Sephiroth fight in this franchise.
I kind of want to see this as well. Since throughout the first two Kingdom Hearts games. Sephiroth has always been this badass boss that is a pain for you to fight.
Old 2013-06-23, 01:31   Link #136
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
Well Sora and Ven couldn't meet because when Sora gives Ven a part of his heart is the moment Sora was born (it's explained somewhere, I for the life of me can't remember where), their connection is that moment where Sora helps Ven's heart recover, also by Sora doing that it's stating mwhat was said in KH1 that Sora has a strong heart which makes him the true keyblade chosen one (the whole RRiku being the true keyblade bearer was addressed in BBS when he gets the keyblade ceremony from Terra making Sora the only one who got his keyblade without getting the ceremony), I agree Roxas does look more like Sora than Ven he only looks like Ven because he has Ven's heart with a piece of Sora's heart inside of him. Maybe it was planned maybe it wasn't but at least he answered a lot of questions we had. I feel bad for the people who think they can just jump into KH3 without playing the other games, let's see how sales do on the xbone
Ya missed/forgot about that detail of when exactly it happened; can't recall where it was said either. Though that is part of the problem of making your story too complicated, miss just one detail and things get thrown for a loop and if its too complicated that gives poeple LOT they have to remember. Though even still the idea that Sora could connect with a complete stranger for no reason when he was born doesn't answer anything and only raises even MORE questions; it just doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. In contrast, something like terra and Aqua meeting Riku and Kairi and those meeting sbeing what gave them the ability to wield keyblades? Ya that makes more sense.

Though you did hit on another thing... KH3 will be on Xbox One; thus only INCREASING the likihood of having gamers who play only KH3 without the previous games. With the way things are moving, they will be completely lost. If Nomrua had kept the story simple, he could have written a Deeper and more compelling story without getting anyone lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I just want a straightforward story. No more time travelling, Xehanort/Sora heart outsourcing, or other weird loopholes.
Amen. Making your story more complicated does NOT make it deeper or more engaging. Heh, its like they say, sometimes less is more.

Quote:
Oh, and since this is going to be on the PS4, no recycled models. I can't tell you how lazy it was when they used Axel's model for Lea in 3D. They didn't even change his outfit like they did for Riku and Sora.
It was not just lazy but it also didn't make much sense... Lea is still wearing his black cloak where as everyone else was in their normal clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
According to Nomura, Sephiroth and Tifa from Kingdom Hearts... are not even real. Sephiroth is apparently the personification of Cloud's darkness while Tifa represents his light.

Actually Nomura's exact words on that was-
Quote:
Nomura: In Nojima-san’s scenario, it explained Cloud and Tifa’s connection more in-depth but I deleted it away. I thought it would be more interesting to let the gamers think about it. For example, “If Cloud’s darkness is Sephiroth, then Tifa is light”; in that sense you can take it that Tifa isn’t really human. The reason Tifa doesn’t talk to anyone else besides Sora and co. may be because she doesn’t exist as a human. Of course, I also presented her in a way that she could also be a resident of Hollow Bastion, so I think you can feely think for yourself about her.
he wanted it to just be left up to interpretation. The idea that Tifa was just Cloud's light was an idea he had for one possible interpretation...
Old 2013-06-23, 10:09   Link #137
Xagzan

Quote:
It doesn't make sense... if he WAS thinking ahead, then he should have seen how horribly complicated this story was and thus simplified it. Hence why it makes more sense that's his just been amking it up as he goes as that would explain why everything is so convoluted; he has to find ways to fit this games together when they were never meant to be together in the first place and that means filling up A LOT of holes.
I've already addressed all this in my other posts, and I have nothing new to add.

Quote:
not to mention that movies are only 2 hours long and can be done in a single day where as the KH games would take several WEEKS to get through, making it even more irksome to expect 100% of your audience to replay ALL of them before moving on.
You don't have to replay them. You can read up online about them, and in far less time than it takes to read the first books in a series. And I'm sorry, no matter what you say I'm not going to have any sympathy for people who start a game series after the first entry. It's not like an ongoing TV show, where maybe you can only watch it dictated by when the episodes are on. The games are available to you anytime you want. The HD collection is coming out for PS3. The summaries online are free to read at any time.

Quote:
Spoiler for rant mode:

It just goes on, and on like this... I barely even touched the time travel and all the problems THAT can cause. Time travel almost always makes things messy.
Unanswered questions have been part of the series since the very beginning. I happen to like that aspect of it. It's fun to speculate about the mysteries, and Nomura usually answers them in a game or two down the line. Like he may for some of your questions.

But in the meantime, some of the people on gamefaqs actually have a good understanding of most of the subjects raised in 3D, so I'd address your questions to them.

But if I may attempt to answer some myself, drawing upon my memory of what they've said:

Spoiler:

Quote:
It just makes thing even MORE confusing. I mean really despite the game having full audio the subtitles actually end up being REQUIRED to understand the story. if it weren't for the subtitles players would get confused over which "key Blade" they were talking about.
Yeah, but there are, so it's not an issue. Besides, real life doesn't have subtitles. But I doubt you'd argue we should just get rid of homophones.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 10:22   Link #138
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:

Actually Nomura's exact words on that was-

he wanted it to just be left up to interpretation. The idea that Tifa was just Cloud's light was an idea he had for one possible interpretation...
I think that Sephiroth could actually be real within Kingdom Hearts. In Birth by Sleep Zack compares Terra with his hero who is apparently Sephiroth. In the ending we see one of the black feathers.
Old 2013-06-23, 12:36   Link #139
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Sephiroth is dead I believe unless, Kingdom Heart takes place before his is killed in FFVII
Old 2013-06-23, 12:41   Link #140
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

They're not set in the same universe mate.