AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-03-31, 11:44   Link #21
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
I plan on collecting noir, I hope its really good.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 12:11   Link #22
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 13:01   Link #23
Banisher
Wannabe Magical Girl

About the last episode issue...

Spoiler:
Banisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 15:22   Link #24
TronDD
Team the box!

Spoiler:
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 16:09   Link #25
dreamless

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-31, 16:18   Link #26
TronDD
Team the box!

I guess it's a "half full, half empty" kinda thing. And I suppose anyone who has made up their mind isn't going to be persuaded. I know I won't be.
Old 2004-03-31, 16:58   Link #27
dreamless

yea, I guess we can never reach a conclusion unless the producers themselves give an official answer... which they won't...

or a sequel comes... although that'd prove me wrong, I'd still love to see a Noir 2
Old 2004-03-31, 21:04   Link #28
Za Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
yea, I guess we can never reach a conclusion unless the producers themselves give an official answer... which they won't...

or a sequel comes... although that'd prove me wrong, I'd still love to see a Noir 2
There were rumors of ADV being in negotiations for the production of Noir 2. I dont think anything has come of it though.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 03:15   Link #29
baka
Apathy

Send a message via AIM to baka
the action was very good but the way they ended up was very much a let down i mean why go through all that if they were going to retire or give it up and my personal favorite was chloe she did have kirika and mireelrerel or whatever taken at the same time twice until she didn't want to kill kirika very much a let down but the action was very good.
baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 15:34   Link #30
GustaveCD

Question about Noir sounds

~truncated~

Last edited by GustaveCD; 2013-10-15 at 12:30.
GustaveCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 16:19   Link #31
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

if you can you provide specific episode numbers and rough times, I'll look into it.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 20:31   Link #32
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar

What an interesting coincidence. Thankyou. I've been watching Noir and I have no weapons knowledge whatsoever, but I was curious what weapon Mirielle was using. Now, I know.
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 18:27   Link #33
GustaveCD

~truncated~

Last edited by GustaveCD; 2013-10-15 at 12:30.
GustaveCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 16:51   Link #34
Kiro
chocolate overdose

ok, i just saw more than half of that series (up to episode 16). i'm pretty amazed, that you all actually think the action is good. no freakin way. it's terrible imho. i don't mind the absence of blood. what really gives me headaches is the idiocy of the action.

Spoiler:

now it's not that i can't live without action. it's just that in noir, a big part of the episodes are those shootings. and the action is just ugly.

and the story: *sigh* after 16 episodes they still don't know shit. allthough i still liked some eps, where there was no progression of the main story arc. i will watch the show to the end just to know how it ends. there isn't much more than that that's keeping me from stopping to watch this. (actually, i allready have to force myself) i'll definatly won't recommend this show. it's mediorce at best imo.

there's much better stuff out there, that one should consider to buy the dvd's of.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 17:31   Link #35
TronDD
Team the box!

While I'll agree that it's dumb the bad guys can't hit anything, it's still my favorite action series. Actually, it's the only show I like the action from. I am not an action fan without some substance behind it, and even then I'll like the series for that substance. I think Noir has a good story and good action. It's the only show I'll say that about.
Old 2004-05-19, 19:16   Link #36
dreamless

well I totally agree that the main plot of Noir moves really really slowly... that's why I think Madlax is quite a refreshing change of pace for a Bee Train anime but that's another different matter... but for Noir I really love some of the side stories. the main plot is a bit lame IMO, except for Altena... and Chloe before episode 24... though I love her greek costume... there are some brilliant side stories, I love the nice touches and the awesome gunfight in Assassin's Game, I love the little details in A Stray Cat, I love the ending of Sound of Waves, and I love how Kirika interested in drawing in Season of Hell (which is also the name of the song at the ending of Avenger), I like Mireille best in A Bonquet For Mireille, and Chloe is best in Assassin training.
Old 2004-05-19, 21:12   Link #37
Silver_Scorcher

Hmm? No one started a thread about Noir yet? Anyways, while it has a lot of flaws, overall I really liked Noir, and to date it's one of my favourite titles. As a lot of people said, the fight scenes were very well done but unrealistic. Why does it just so happen that every male character has a lousy shot? And some of these guys (ie. The Soldats "Best Knights") are supposedly trained to be the best of assassins. There really is no story until 2/3rds of the way through. Before that the anime is quite episodic (meaning none of the episodes tie in with the others). For me, the music is where it's at. Noir IMO has one of the best soundtracks in an anime to date. I have both OST's and I love just about every track. The DUB is also very good, but then again, you'd have to be completely brain-dead to f**k up a DUB like this. Kirika Mirielle & Chloe are some of the most emotionless and cold-blooded characters that I've seen, hence the Voice Actors don't have to worry too much about emotion. It doesn't matter anyways cuz ADV's IS&M did the DUB so you know it'll be good regardless. My advice in general would be to see it for yourself and draw up your own conclusions. Honestly I think it's very easy to hate Noir but that all depends on your tastes and tollerance.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 00:44   Link #38
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Yes, indeed it's one of my favorite series, it's also one of the series that introduced me back to anime after stop watching it after middle school (of coz for the more serious type now)
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 17:43   Link #39
USCPharmacist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiro
ok, i just saw more than half of that series (up to episode 16). i'm pretty amazed, that you all actually think the action is good. no freakin way. it's terrible imho. i don't mind the absence of blood. what really gives me headaches is the idiocy of the action.

Spoiler:

now it's not that i can't live without action. it's just that in noir, a big part of the episodes are those shootings. and the action is just ugly.

and the story: *sigh* after 16 episodes they still don't know shit. allthough i still liked some eps, where there was no progression of the main story arc. i will watch the show to the end just to know how it ends. there isn't much more than that that's keeping me from stopping to watch this. (actually, i allready have to force myself) i'll definatly won't recommend this show. it's mediorce at best imo.

there's much better stuff out there, that one should consider to buy the dvd's of.

Obviously you have not played dynasty worrior 3 muhahahahahahah
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 22:17   Link #40
Innotech

Another controversial anime that made it to my top 10

I love Noir, I own the 7 discs and I dont regret it at all. Yes its slow to get going, theres no blood, and its over stylized, but to be honest, no anime is perfect and thats part of their charm. It is, after all, a fantasy regardless of realistic scenes or characters, and at the end of it all, its for entertainment. As for the ending, my theory is close to some others in that
Spoiler:
Innotech is offline   Reply With Quote