AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-17, 16:15   Link #61
Valduran
Riful For President
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikke View Post
[IMG]You guys are forgetting one thing though, the animation itself. Some animation stunts such as playing with proportion and perspective, expressions and movements could only be done in anime. Notice at how FF7AC was split into both motion captured animation and hand made when the hand made animation made those glammering and realistic looking characters dance like cartoons in totally awkward looking, even ridiculous spectacles.

Remember the cloud/ kadaj battle? too damn fast and clumsy looking.. So many moves are ommitted. almost as if there's no life to it.... Sure the shining swords and the rest of the superb graphics made up for it, but still....
I'd say that was a side-effect of their animation style more than just the fact that it is 3d CG. A large portion of battles and stuff you see in live-action movies is pure CG and often times you never even notice. CG can do anything and look as good as anything if enough time is put into it. There are no limitations on animation style, quality, or anything. If they can't use motion capture for something then they just switch to key-frame animation...no problem. Even the perspective and proportion effects you are talking about can be easily simulated.

Ok, I'm going off into a corner to dream about 3d Claymore now tyvm
Old 2008-01-17, 16:49   Link #62
Sassarai
Army of One

Here's my flora <3

Old 2008-01-17, 17:34   Link #63
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

IMO Sarah hardly fits any of the known Claymores but she definitely qualify as a Claymore.
Old 2008-01-17, 17:51   Link #64
Sassarai
Army of One

all it needs is to pass the Sass seal of quality approval.
*thumbs up*

Old 2008-01-17, 17:56   Link #65
Valduran
Riful For President
*Artist

Kinda, but um...isn't Flora suppose to have a small mouth and a rather rounder/pointier face?
Old 2008-01-17, 17:57   Link #66
Sassarai
Army of One

Only freaks have anime size eyes! Any bigger and Sarah would look like an alien. How often do you see people with mouths smaller then their nose in length? Anime features are exaggerated, it's hard to get an exact match but I think she has enough characteristics.
Old 2008-01-17, 18:04   Link #67
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Hahaha.

Flora is feminine cute looking. Sarah is feminine alright but not cute and while Heather Graham is also not cute but she seems perfectly fit as a Flora.
Old 2008-01-17, 18:08   Link #68
Sassarai
Army of One

Eww heather graham is too old and her mouth is too big.
Old 2008-01-17, 18:09   Link #69
Valduran
Riful For President
*Artist

Yes, I edited after noticing that Sarah's eyes are actually pretty much large for a real human, but the shape of the face still isn't quite right.

FaceSmasher pretty much said it: Sarah isn't cute enough. Regardless of exact feature matches, the main thing to consider when converting from anime to Live Action is the over all facial impression. Flora's is one of cuteness.

And yeah, I've seen people with same-size noses but smaller mouth.
Old 2008-01-17, 18:12   Link #70
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Eww heather graham is too old and her mouth is too big.
I surrender but who cares about Flora anyway? She hardly had enough screentime!
We need a Teresa & a Galatea... NOW.
Old 2008-01-17, 18:14   Link #71
Sassarai
Army of One

Wow you guys have high standards for cuteness.

You rather have this as Miria ?

Choose your Teresa lol

Quote:
Spoiler for teresa:
Old 2008-01-17, 18:23   Link #72
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Wow you guys have high standards for cuteness.
Not me. I don't have specific criteria to classify someone as cute or not I just look and decide but probably if I put some efforts I might come with the specifications

Quote:
You rather have this as Miria ?

I'd rather NOT!

Quote:
Choose your Teresa lol

You see since most of our claymore girls are hard to match with girls IRL, a CG movie would just make up for that.
Old 2008-01-17, 18:27   Link #73
Sassarai
Army of One

I dont think a CG Claymore would work anyways. It has to be a live action series. There's too much story to fit into a single movie. It will end up as bad as FF advent children in terms of story.

Besides, this is the Live Action thread! BOO CG! its cheatn'n!
Old 2008-01-17, 18:29   Link #74
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

That's it, It will have to be a video game

... A LIVE ACTION VIDEO GAME!!!
Old 2008-01-17, 18:35   Link #75
Valduran
Riful For President
*Artist

Video game, lolz...erm...that's fine too. (Ahahahahaha! Live action video game?! That'll be the day )

But Sass, in that case, there is no way any of these actors would work. Let alone trying to get all of them together in a single movie. Budget would go through the roof. Not even massive box office hits get this many big names in one movie, TV mini-series usually don't get even a single one

Not to mention any american-made production of Claymore would suck so badly, and most or all of the actresses listed so far have been hollywood connected.

A CG Claymore not only has a far higher chance of getting made, it also would look far more accurate and appropriate...not to mention awesome. Personally I PREFER Animated or CG to live action hands down. It's easier for me to connect to characters that aren't portrayed by a real person for some reason.
Old 2008-01-17, 18:49   Link #76
Sassarai
Army of One

Oceans 11! You don't have to cast all famous people and there's always shortcuts . How about cardboard box ABS? Besides characters like Sarah would just show up 1 ep and get killed. Goodbye!

Oh I agree a CG would definitely be better if it's for a movie but the story would suffer tremedously IE advent children.

Ive already said 90ish percent of the anime/video game movie is crap so I agree the chances of a live action claymore turning into crap is really high. This is mainly a fun thread and not a reality thread. Doing it in CG would be too easy and defeat the purpose of us trying to cast bad actors.

Chiba: Good luck convincing NSW for a video game claymore thread
Old 2008-01-17, 18:56   Link #77
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valduran View Post
Not to mention any american-made production of Claymore would suck so badly, and most or all of the actresses listed so far have been hollywood connected.
Amen to that!

Quote:
A CG Claymore not only has a far higher chance of getting made, it also would look far more accurate and appropriate...not to mention awesome. Personally I PREFER Animated or CG to live action hands down. It's easier for me to connect to characters that aren't portrayed by a real person for some reason.
Agreed. Not only I would shiver and faint at the sight of an overacted scene with my favorite Claymore being put to the ground by a wanna-look-bad-ass-but-phail-at-it actress, I will probably die from diarrhea.
Look at Resident Evil or Silent Hill. Both were sabotaged in their movies by poor acting. Generally any adoption between Game/Anime<->Live Action Movie is bad so it has to be done with caution or else it's ruined.

Quote:
There's too much story to fit into a single movie. It will end up as bad as FF advent children in terms of story.
It doesn't have to be from the original plot or it can take some of the extra scenes or whatever. Fitting the whole Claymore story in a movie is almost impossible no doubt. Oh and I wont be arguing about FFAC story being bad or not since it doesn't belong here but let me keep it at "I disagree"

Quote:
This is mainly a fun thread and not a reality thread. Doing it in CG would be too easy and defeat the purpose of us trying to cast bad actors.
You have a point.. that's why I am still waiting for Teresa and Galatea to show up!
Man, if I had some 3D designing skills, I would do some 3D Claymores.

Quote:
Chiba: Good luck convincing NSW for a video game claymore thread
Actually, a video game claymore was discussed in one of those scattered general claymore discussion.. I will look for it.
Old 2008-01-17, 19:31   Link #78
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceSmasher View Post

It doesn't have to be from the original plot or it can take some of the extra scenes or whatever. Fitting the whole Claymore story in a movie is almost impossible no doubt. Oh and I wont be arguing about FFAC story being bad or not since it doesn't belong here but let me keep it at "I disagree"
I guess you're thinking of a cg movie to satisfy Claymore fans only while I'm thinking of a story that would make sense to the masses.

None of the extra scenes are good nor long enough to be made into a movie.
Old 2008-01-17, 19:36   Link #79
Valduran
Riful For President
*Artist

Um, um...I get all your points, and I suppose we should move back towards original topic now, but... Why does CG Claymore have to be a single movie? I don't see any reason why it can't be a full length TV series.
Probably would even be cheaper to produce than Live Action
Old 2008-01-17, 19:43   Link #80
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I'm still googling over the idea of spectacular 3D awakened beings. I imagine their organic designs constantly moving in ways that are impossible to capture with anime. Like Isley's wings stretching and moving to balance him, Luciella's tails twisting around her, and so on... I think the transformations would be extremely interesting especially as their human form peels away. And in 3D some of the AB's could be so ... shiny. They could have reflections of their environment around them and everything. Especially Alicia's jet black form.

Not to mention Agatha's tendrils viciously attacking those around her while she yawns on the center of her platform, bored.