AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-05-28, 22:32   Link #1741
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I think we are getting off topic, but like you said Infinite Stratos is very popular in Japan and sells there are higher than the 3 stories I mentioned. Though I believe the 3 stories will soon be there with it, I like reading Infinite Stratos based on the actions and comedy, not the Romance since there isn't much mutual love in it. I have the story of Infinite Stratos in my head already, when I compared it to the other stuff I read I prefer Campione!, High School DXD, and Blade Dance. Infinte Stratos sells sky rocket when the anime came out, it was pretty decent. When the anime adaptation on Blade Dance comes out (Highly likely an anime adaptation will come out, although not the top of sells it is popular), pretty sure it will sky rocket as well.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 22:40   Link #1742
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Yeah, sorry, already deleted my post. A little too late though lol. Back to the topic, how haremish the story get in the later volume? does the antics fill up more than half of the volume? I might pick this up if it's not too haremish, although since it's published by mf bunko, I guess I'm expecting too much?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 22:46   Link #1743
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Don't know the meaning of Haremish, do you mean Kamito just keep getting girls and the Novel is entirely on love? Than that is a no, Harem Romance is pretty decent in here but it also has great story. Many mysteries, and if you are into S&M than you will love the harem interaction with Kamito. Action is also great, comedy too. Though the Main Character is getting stronger and stronger later on, well not getting stronger but regains his strength that he lost before the Novel started out. I love reading it and wish to read more, though it has gotten me in trouble with Mura and Teh_Ping. Though I think already been apologetically enough, if not I will say I am sorry again. kuroishinigami, this Light Novel is worth reading in my opinion try it out. Baka-Tsuki has only 2 volumes translated, but those were enough to get me hooked.
Old 2012-05-28, 22:52   Link #1744
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Well as far as I recall, the haremette are all wanting him but his heart is for Restia and now Est. Although the things that the other girls do is hilarious like when Claire reads a "certain" book and used the "information" for her use
Old 2012-05-28, 22:59   Link #1745
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Hahahaha you might as well post the details in the spoiler tag, still can't believe it. Kamito have had interactions before with the harem, not directly, but they knew him as Ren Ashbell. Due to Kamito 3 years ago, Claire's continuous insults directed towards her has lighten up since the Fire Spirit Lord stopped throwing a tantrum due to Kamito's blade dance. Fianna met Kamito when he saved her, and they made a promise. Ellis saw Kamito when he was fighting against her sister and won, since Kamito didn't lose the Blade Dance. What was Rinslet interaction with Kamito back then?
Old 2012-05-28, 23:08   Link #1746
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Don't know the meaning of Haremish, do you mean Kamito just keep getting girls and the Novel is entirely on love? Than that is a no, Harem Romance is pretty decent in here but it also has great story. Many mysteries, and if you are into S&M than you will love the harem interaction with Kamito. Action is also great, comedy too. Though the Main Character is getting stronger and stronger later on, well not getting stronger but regains his strength that he lost before the Novel started out. I love reading it and wish to read more, though it has gotten me in trouble with Mura and Teh_Ping. Though I think already been apologetically enough, if not I will say I am sorry again. kuroishinigami, this Light Novel is worth reading in my opinion try it out. Baka-Tsuki has only 2 volumes translated, but those were enough to get me hooked.
I can read japanese fine so availability is not a problem for me. What I meant was, how many part of the novel cover the harem antic on average? More than half like highschool dxd or hidan no aria is too much for me right now, but a little bit of it like index should be fine.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 23:11   Link #1747
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I can read japanese fine so availability is not a problem for me. What I meant was, how many part of the novel cover the harem antic on average? More than half like highschool dxd or hidan no aria is too much for me right now, but a little bit of it like index should be fine.
It switches in and out with scenes being there in b/w serious moments to keep the story light hearted, bt from what I've read so far it seems to me like 60-40 in favor of Haremish
Old 2012-05-28, 23:12   Link #1748
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well base on vol 1 and 2, I say 20 to 35 percent. Though what I heard from vol 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 it really focuses on combat, the mysteries, the past of the Main Character, and things in terms that can be said insanity. Trust me it is good. I prefer my light novels to have several things in them. Combat, Romance, Fantasy, and Comedy. If you like any of these together or even separately, I think you will enjoy your time reading it.
Old 2012-05-29, 03:30   Link #1749
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
if i have to say than you will se a similar theme to the 1st few vol of TAMNI, which mean each vol focus on a girl, the harem antics pretty much use for Comedy part which only exist for a small in each vol but from vol4,5 onward the romance element cover over the harem element so compare to DxD and TAMNI, its more similar to TAMNI but not as large in scale or superior plan,twist and little heavier in harem element(compare a normal novel to Kamachi.exe is just wrong you know), so far up to vol 7 the plot is decent enough on its own with some mixed of darker element and the MC flashbacks about his past plus some twist later. Personally, i won't say it a Must-read by all cost type but rather a quite decent to read type. Well, thats too dpend on your taste but when you read this one, at least read up to vol 5 ,6 due to the first few vol is Extremely similar to Hidan no aria

Last edited by dragon1412; 2012-05-29 at 03:46.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 03:38   Link #1750
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Yeah pretty much, Kamito lived in orphanage trained for Assassins, afterwards the orphanage was discovered and destroyed. Kamito escaped with Restia, then the story picked up to the Blade Dance. Not much is known from the back story other than he met the Duskwitch, his encounter with the other girls history, and Restia not allowing him to touch any girls. I want to know the full thing, meaning what happened between when Kamito escaped and the Blade Dance. That would include his training and his meeting the Dusk Witch.
Restia not allowing him to touch any girls?
when she said this one?
Old 2012-05-29, 08:12   Link #1751
iK@r0s

^i remember it is one of kamito's monologue in volume 2
Old 2012-05-29, 08:14   Link #1752
Soji

^ Probally because she want him to touch only her
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 08:21   Link #1753
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Pretty much, Kamito must have a reason why he was so attach to her. Maybe they were something else than just partners. Restia right now, although she said she is his enemy, is trying to make Kamito the next Dark Spirit Lord. The first 5 volumes I say were just character introduction volumes. We get their struggles and their dreams. Claire was vol 1, Fianna was vol 2, Ellis vol 3, Rinslet vol 4, and Est vol 5. The real story hits around vol 6 or 7 I believe.
Old 2012-05-29, 08:23   Link #1754
Soji

Was? Reaper I'm pretty sure he still feel the same . I mean we see more than one time his thought about Restia even if we miss most of the info about their past.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 08:27   Link #1755
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Pretty sure he does as well, but Est is looking more and more attach to Kamito. She is down right adorable even more than Restia.
Old 2012-05-29, 09:13   Link #1756
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Chapter 4:
The next morning, just before the fight with Sushin is to take place, Claire and Ellis are bickering over the previous night's events.

Ellis, with her amazing detective skills, comes to the conclusion that Kamito is not Ren Ashbell because he doesn't like marshmellows and doesn't start washing his body from the same place that she does. Apparently, Ellis has been collecting all sorts of trivia about Ren Ashbell. Too bad none of it is true. Even when dressed as a girl, Kamito could not disguise his voice, so he let the reporters draw their own conclusions and spoke as little as possible.

Fianna and Kamito have a quick discussion about Claire and Ellis possibly coming to the right conclusion, but they are interrupted by the arrival of Shela Kan's familiar, a member of team inferno, in the form of a snake. She greets Fianna as the more likely girl to become the holy priestess of the dark spirit king and Kamito as the successor to the dark spirit king before disappearing.

They get found by the other girls and asked "What do you think you're doing!?" to which Fianna replies, "Of course ecchi things!", leaving the rest of the girls teary eyed.

They all head out to the location of the blade dance with Est getting special treatment along the way, leaving all the girls super jealous.

After some quick introductions, where Kamito insults the Sushin princess for her flat chest and small stature, not unlike how he met Claire, the fighting breaks out.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 09:17   Link #1757
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

The Sushin princess is a loli? Wow, why do I get the image of her being similar in looks to Taiga Aisaka? Claire isn't small statue though, I thought she was flat chested only.
Old 2012-05-29, 09:35   Link #1758
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Chapter 4:
The next morning, just before the fight with Sushin is to take place, Claire and Ellis are bickering over the previous night's events.

Ellis, with her amazing detective skills, comes to the conclusion that Kamito is not Ren Ashbell because he doesn't like marshmellows and doesn't start washing his body from the same place that she does. Apparently, Ellis has been collecting all sorts of trivia about Ren Ashbell. Too bad none of it is true. Even when dressed as a girl, Kamito could not disguise his voice, so he let the reporters draw their own conclusions and spoke as little as possible.

Fianna and Kamito have a quick discussion about Claire and Ellis possibly coming to the right conclusion, but they are interrupted by the arrival of Shela Kan's familiar, a member of team inferno, in the form of a snake. She greets Fianna as the more likely girl to become the holy priestess of the dark spirit king and Kamito as the successor to the dark spirit king before disappearing.

They get found by the other girls and asked "What do you think you're doing!?" to which Fianna replies, "Of course ecchi things!", leaving the rest of the girls teary eyed.

They all head out to the location of the blade dance with Est getting special treatment along the way, leaving all the girls super jealous.

After some quick introductions, where Kamito insults the Sushin princess for her flat chest and small stature, not unlike how he met Claire, the fighting breaks out.
....lol kamito insulting is a rare scene....other than his in-mind tsukkomi... thats kinda nice for a change. i've been wondering if est can use her full powers now that the astral flow is balanced?
Old 2012-05-29, 09:52   Link #1759
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
They all head out to the location of the blade dance with Est getting special treatment along the way, leaving all the girls super jealous
can you be a little more specific here please ? XD
Old 2012-05-29, 10:12   Link #1760
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Thnx for tht sylphic
I imagine he insulted her by accident like he did Claire in the beginning
And yes please more details on the spoilt sword please lol

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap