AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-23, 16:43   Link #61
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Gilgamesh, judging from his legend alone, should have owned all other Servants, even Saber. I do wonder why he is holding back his real power in last Grail War.
He has feelings for Saber, remember.

Quote:
Shirou's stepfather decided to destroy the Grail instead of completing it and suffered from it in consequence.So in end question, is the Grail evil or good in entirety? Why is he destroy the Grail?
The Grail is good, but is corrupted. More is explained in HA.

Quote:
Another FHA question, what is story regarding about the Gorgon sisters? Anyone willing to summarize it for me?
In a nutshell, Nasu's version of the tale is that the 2 older Gorgon sister is immortal but powerless and Medusa is the one who can fight. And she has to face human who came to the island to fight the siblings looking for fame, fortune or whatever to protect her sisters. One day, she goes Berserk and cast Andromeda on her 2 older siblings.....
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 16:38   Link #62
sv1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
For those interested, Saber's route, Fate, in F/SN had been completely translated into Chinese.

UBW's in the process. HF's had only just began.
is there somewhere i can find this translated version? thanks.
sv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 16:57   Link #63
kron

Quote:
For those interested, Saber's route, Fate, in F/SN had been completely translated into Chinese.

UBW's in the process. HF's had only just began.
can i have a link.

http://home.graffiti.net/firechak3/Chak17.htm

is all i have. and it's up to day 4 of UBW.
kron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 20:02   Link #64
sv1

ah, so its not what i thought it meant. It's not really a chinese-version of the game.

thanks for the link kron
sv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 21:45   Link #65
Pado
Tensai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kron
can i have a link.

http://home.graffiti.net/firechak3/Chak17.htm

is all i have. and it's up to day 4 of UBW.

I'm looking for the original japanese story script ....... (like the translated chinese version from the link above)

anybody who knows where I can find that ?? It's way too much work to clean up the script from the gamedata .... T_T ...

EDIT:

problem solved

Last edited by Pado; 2006-01-30 at 17:36.
Pado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 16:45   Link #66
Enigami

I also would like the Japanese script. Could you possibly tell me where you found it?
Enigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 18:15   Link #67
rpgkiller999

Regarding the fix of game exe file, I tried the jpn site and enter the unique ID and all I got from it was a tm.lz file instead of the working exe file.

Anyone mind to email me the fixed exe file?

My email address is tonlee3@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance !
rpgkiller999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 21:40   Link #68
Tetsu Arashi

Trouble

ok i was playing the game, it was going fine then once i got to the point where i met Lancer on the roof, the game just automatically closed. Whats up with that?
Tetsu Arashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 10:34   Link #69
Kyogun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgkiller999
Regarding the fix of game exe file, I tried the jpn site and enter the unique ID and all I got from it was a tm.lz file instead of the working exe file.

Anyone mind to email me the fixed exe file?

My email address is tonlee3@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance !

Yes could anyone send me the fixed exe file as well please? Got the same file as rpgkiller999 =/ unofurtunately.

Thanks very much
Kyogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 21:24   Link #70
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Okay I'm new to this thread and don't want to have to sift through all the pages one by one, so:

Fate/Stay Night also has a PS2 version, right?

Where can I get the Japanese PS2 version? I tried www.play-asia.com , which is pretty extensive, and couldn't find it.
Old 2006-03-01, 21:47   Link #71
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
The PS2 version of Fate was just announced recently
Oh, bah. >.> Sn it's not out yet? Is there a release date?

I guess that that sequel game FHA, Fate-whatever, isn't out for PS2 yet either? >.>
Old 2006-03-01, 21:47   Link #72
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

The PS2 version of Fate was just announced recently
Old 2006-03-05, 22:08   Link #73
aris385

There is a english trial edition on the web I to to find the site and link it again.
I downloaded it and it works, but it is in Rin's point-of-view (great for Rin fans like myself).
aris385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 04:53   Link #74
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
Quote:
Originally Posted by aris385
There is a english trial edition on the web I to to find the site and link it again.
I downloaded it and it works, but it is in Rin's point-of-view (great for Rin fans like myself).
Most of us know about that already; to save you the trouble, it's on Insani's Website. It's from Rin's POV and covers everything she experienced up until episode 3 in the anime. It can be considered the prologue of the Fate arc in the game.
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 05:08   Link #75
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
So let me get this, Angra Mariyu aka Avenger was trapped in the Grail in 3rd War, hence corrupting it? Anyone can answer me on this?
Old 2006-03-06, 07:18   Link #76
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
So let me get this, Angra Mariyu aka Avenger was trapped in the Grail in 3rd War, hence corrupting it? Anyone can answer me on this?
Or rather, his physical form was destroyed, but he stubbornly refuse to admit defeat and, in his spiritual state, crept inside the grail and siphon some of the grail's power to become a wish granting demon.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 15:02   Link #77
Mr. Guy

Quote:
Or rather, his physical form was destroyed, but he stubbornly refuse to admit defeat and, in his spiritual state, crept inside the grail and siphon some of the grail's power to become a wish granting demon.
I had kind of figured that since he was weak, he got killed off quickly; therefore, because of the fact that he was an anti hero, he corrupted the Grail once he returned to it. Kind of like how most of the Servants went to Sakura when they died in Heaven's Feel (sans Archer)? Or is that basically the same thing you said?
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 15:15   Link #78
Hydex

Can someone explain me what happens in the different endings? I know that there are 3 scenarios with Saber, Rin and Sakura, but can i have more details please ?
Hydex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 15:20   Link #79
roan

heroic spirits once they're defeated are reverted back to personality-less, directionless power. the problem with angra mainyu is that even without a personality, his soul itself has a negative orientation which is why the grail became corrupted.
roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 05:47   Link #80
Danj
Tech Bloke

Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
For those of you having trouble with the type-moon exe file, .lzh is a popular Japanese archive type, you can open it with winrar and it should give you a fixed tm.exe (tm.exe is the file with the copy protection in).

For those of you who don't know Japanese but would still like to play the game, there is now a solution for you! A program called Anime Games Text Hooker is able (with a bit of configuration) to hook in to Fate/Stay Night and place the text on the clipboard as you play the game, from where it can be automatically translated using translation software such as ATLAS (or alternatively you can paste it into Google Translate, Babelfish or Excite.co.jp).

Instructions for getting it to run with AGTH:

If your system is set to English locale, you will need to install AppLocale (AGTH makes use of AppLocale libraries for locale adjustment) and then use the following shortcut:

Code:
agth.exe /C /L /M /V /HWB8:4#1 "C:\Games\Fate\Fate.exe"
For systems with Japanese locale, AppLocale is not needed and you should also remove the /L switch:

Code:
agth.exe /C /M /V /HWB8:4#1 "C:\Games\Fate\Fate.exe"
Then, when you load your save game or start a new game, wait until the game produces some text, then select GetGlyphOutlineW from the AGTH dropdown box, press Scroll Lock, then click the Fate window to get some more text, and some UserHookW threads will appear in the AGTH dropdown (on my version they start with 0x0052715D). The purpose of pressing Scroll Lock is to indicate to AGTH which thread needs to be hooked.

You also need to turn the text speed in Fate options up to maximum, so as to avoid random line breaks. When the font size changes (for example, when someone is shouting or whispering) you will need to change thread in AGTH - the number following the thread address is related to the font size (so on my version for example, ordinary text tends to be on 0x0052715D:00000017 and shouted text is on 0x0052715D:00000022 - though there are several different font sizes used throughout the game so try other settings if you can't locate the text you're seeing). After changing thread you will probably need to copy the current sentence out of the AGTH window as it doesn't automatically get put on the clipboard, but once you start clicking through in the game again it will resume doing it automatically.

In addition, when you reach the end of a scenario and you click to proceed, your computer may lock up if you do it while still using AGTH. The solution to this is to close AGTH before clicking on the "FIN" screen at the end of the scenario.
Danj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel