AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-11-19, 10:43   Link #781
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

If you're looking forward to see what to watch in fall season (wait before they finish), try :

BTOOOM! (7/12) : A show that was based on a manga Cold~as~Ice highly recommended at the time you were reading mangas. It's up to you whether you'll choose which medium (manga or anime) is the best place to start this epic survival action title with decent storyline and enticing visuals.

K (7/13) : The plot is very confusing and slow (since it was written by 7 scriptwritters, which I find it amusing), so you need to watch an episode a lot of times to understand the shit it gets on, or consult to its Wikia homepage. The cast is pretty expensive for a 13-episode series, and many of them are likeable. Shiro is a young boy with weak looks, when in reality, he possess a dark side inside his mind. Kuro is a very engaging swordman who's able to explain most of the stuff to Shiro. Neko is a cute and busty female partner, although she can shapeshift into a cat (don't worry, she's in her human form most of her screentime, since you liked Omamori Himari). The rivalry between two side clans named Homra and Scepter 4 was pretty interesting as well. Conflicts between the clans and their kings is the main theme for this show, and there's a bit of romance as well. I think the latest episodes is when the show really gets better, and if it's good enough, I could recommend it.

Psycho-Pass (6/22) : One of this season's most intriguing sci-fi thrillers (look at my avatar and my signature representing the show's characters). It will give you Darker Than Black and Phantom vibes, and it's written by Gen Urobuchi, the mastermind behind Madoka Magica (which you disliked) and Fate/Zero (which you enjoyed more than Fate/Stay Night). Has a semi-episodic nature, but I got used to it. The plot revolves around two cops getting trapped in a confusing dystopia where a mysterious device called "Psycho-Pass" measure and quantify people's minds. One of them, Shinya Kogami, try to find the clues behind the unsolved case committed by a mysterious man while dealing with difficult cases alongside his new partner, Akane Tsunemori. The girl has short haircut, but there's something that makes her so adorable it's very hard not to distract her from excessive cuteness. She may appear to be clumsy, but possess a strong sense of justice. At least, most characters are very likeable and strong although they have the time to develop their personalities. The romance is present as well, although secondary for the moment.

The other fall shows that you could look forward to include Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Zetsuen no Tempest and Code: Breaker.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-11-20 at 11:40.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 05:09   Link #782
maxblaze

http://myanimelist.net/manga/41535/O..._Ken_ni_Tsuite - similar to again!! but much mature. (I got hooked immediately at first chapter gotta love the echhi scene )

http://myanimelist.net/anime/14227/T...o_Kaibutsu-kun - im not a fan of shoujo but this one is exemption plus the mc reminds me of oreki from hyouka.

Last edited by maxblaze; 2012-11-20 at 05:20.
maxblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 20:45   Link #783
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ok, time to update

Finished watching:
Kore wa zombie desu ka of the dead: it was really hilarious, it gave me some good laughs; definitely funnier than the previous title. Liked it a lot, expecially for the comedy. At the moment i'd really need something like this (i'll open a new topic for this, tho)

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun: oh well, i usually prefer the male's pov but it was an enjoyable show. Even though i hate to say this, this was one of the best romance stories, taking into account how much realistic it was. However, it was "too much" down to earth... err, how to say it i mean, it should be something to be appreciated, but it looks like i prefer more the weirdness portrayed in other shows; that's what i realized. The girl had my personality, so i could relate to a lot of things.

Campione: i thought i had spoiled myself some fun, because i had caught a glympse of a kiss in some random screenshot, but it wasn't much of a spoiler, after all . I only watched the anime and i guess the novel gives more information on all the other characters, organizations and story in general. Under this pov, it felt like it was filled with holes, but i get that the novel surely covers all those things. There was some nice tongue kissing in there. It reminded me of Sekirei... or freezing... or samurai girls... or any other show with a male protagonist surrounded by girls whom he has to kiss/do-other-stuff. It was enjoyable.

I'll update main post and also change some ratings. I made up my mind on many things. I'll also update the "To watch list", giving out the current order.

Thanks again for all the suggestions, they are very much appreciated.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 06:10   Link #784
maxblaze

http://myanimelist.net/manga/46282/Chikan_Otoko -
from the same author of OMK (Currently rank # 7 in MAL)
this one is fucking hilarious im very sure you will luv it.
Old 2013-01-29, 08:38   Link #785
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxblaze View Post
http://myanimelist.net/manga/46282/Chikan_Otoko -
from the same author of OMK (Currently rank # 7 in MAL)
this one is fucking hilarious im very sure you will luv it.
Already suggested by cold as ice and already on my list. I'll probably read it tonight/tomorrow.

Thanks anyways for reminding me of it.

PS:
Finished watching
dakara boku wa h ga dekinai: I liked it even more than Highschool DxD (as they are very similar under many point of views). A thing i've noticed is that i'm not much fond of random nudity. I mean, titles like Highschool DxD, Seikon no Qwaser contain a lot of nudity but most of the time it isn't "sexy". This was either sexy (Or at least, the protagonist's detailed "description" of the female body made the girl appear even more sexy). The plot wasn't anything original and it was easily predictable, but i enjoyd it nonetheless. I might also have developed a liking to small breasts, lol.
Old 2013-01-29, 09:45   Link #786
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

^ just wait until you read the part about sachiko

I finished watching chuunibyou and I liked it and sorta reminded me of denpa ona where the erio thinks she's and alien but this girl thinks she has superpowers. second half was more interesting since it added a bit of drama

Spoiler for main girl:

don't worry about the eye patch it's nothing serious

Instead of watching btooom I would read the manga(from mangafox) since the anime was rushed and less graphic than the manga Instead go pick up "Another" anime it's a good alternative to dusk maiden of amnesia if you plan to read that instead.

EDIT
if you managed to enjoy something lie dakara then I'm sure you'll like "Sword art online" it has cool male lead,cute girls, and the setting is similar to ZnT
Spoiler for sexy:

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2013-01-29 at 12:49.
Cold~as~Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 07:54   Link #787
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I finished reading Molester man and it was a very good read. I have to say that i was getting a bit bored in the beginning but when Kansai kicked in, it started taking an interesting route.

I was actually expecting something seriously funny and plotless but instead found a very good romance story. There were parts that made me laugh, but i was mostly hooked by the story. How the story developed... it reminded me of Onani Master... and ye, Sachiko was hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold~as~Ice View Post
^ just wait until you read the part about sachiko

I finished watching chuunibyou and I liked it and sorta reminded me of denpa ona where the erio thinks she's and alien but this girl thinks she has superpowers. second half was more interesting since it added a bit of drama

Spoiler for main girl:

don't worry about the eye patch it's nothing serious

Instead of watching btooom I would read the manga(from mangafox) since the anime was rushed and less graphic than the manga Instead go pick up "Another" anime it's a good alternative to dusk maiden of amnesia if you plan to read that instead.

EDIT
if you managed to enjoy something lie dakara then I'm sure you'll like "Sword art online" it has cool male lead,cute girls, and the setting is similar to ZnT
Spoiler for sexy:
Yeah, i'm sure i'll love sword art online.

I'm not much fond of the other title tho, considering i don't like eyepatches and "that" kind of short hairs. I'll give it a go nonetheless.

Also, i reviewed all the manga titles you had suggested back then and realized i still have loads of potentially awesome titles to read. I don't know if tonight i'll go for an anime or for another manga. I might have got back my interest in readin after Molester man (Koibana onsen was sexy and hilarious, but it got too much eventless and so i didn't feel much motivated. Don't get me wrong, there have been episodic mangas that i loved and kept my interest always on the go, but we are talking about Yuria 100 Shiki that is simply funny i mean, i was truly laughing hard at some scenes).

Anyways, probably tonight i'll finish koibana onsen and then start one of the mangas you suggested me back then (Maybe it's the time for BTOOOM).

Thanks always for the suggestions, i'll update the main post in a while. Currently busy.
Old 2013-01-30, 21:22   Link #788
maxblaze

http://myanimelist.net/manga/33699/M...u_no_Rettousei - the mc here are very similar to Hei. cool, cold and literally super badass.
Old 2013-01-30, 22:25   Link #789
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxblaze View Post
http://myanimelist.net/manga/33699/M...u_no_Rettousei - the mc here are very similar to Hei. cool, cold and literally super badass.
Wow, looks very appealing; how much of it has been published? (not looking myself because i've already happened to spoil me something of other titles. It's awkward)
Old 2013-01-30, 22:43   Link #790
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

14 chapters for the manga

the light novel for it
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...u_no_Rettousei

bookmark this site
http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Grisaia_no_Kajitsu
once that bar fills ups the english patch will be available hopefully by the end of the year or sooner. from what I heard this will be the next best thing after g senjou. there are other games but this one is closest to being done

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2013-01-30 at 23:20.
Cold~as~Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 01:25   Link #791
ktm

I registered to, one, say thank you for this list. I've been watching your list grow for a while and have tried out many of the anime that are on your lists. Some of them I found enjoyable myself, others, well, to each their own.

I am surprised you did not like Ai Yori Aoshi. Admittedly, the anime series leaves a little bit to be desired, but the first episode was, in my opinion, one of the better opening episodes of any anime. After that it does get a bit....soppy. The manga is much better and you'll find that the female lead develops a backbone after all.

Kekkaishi may be something that might interest you, as may Shounen Onmyouji. There is a romance under current in both, but the stories (at least to me) were rather interesting.

I know you do not like mecha animes (yet your watched FMP & Infinite Stratos?!), however, if you want a great, and I do mean great, romance (dual romance for double the happiness), then you have to grind it out with Eureka 7.

I did not see Busou Renkin on your list (good action/romance anime) nor Ouran Host Club (good reverse harem).

Chromed Shell Regios has an interesting story, some very funny moments, good ecchi scenes, and budding romance, but it does end without any resolution. Still, if you liked Sacred Blacksmith, you should like CSR.

My Hime is another good anime with a nice romance, but it has the whole Deus Ex vibe and if 11Eyes 11th episode fucked with you, so will My Hime (but they both have a happy ending).

Shikabane Hime is another decent anime with some romance, but it does end without a satisfactory resolution. Still, the story is quite interesting.

Edit: I complete forgot about one of my favorite animes, Vandread. Yes, it's mecha, but the story is fantastic, the comedy great and the romance leaves you in suspense until the end. No kissing though and almsot no ecchi, but still, I never get tired of watching it.

Last edited by ktm; 2013-02-15 at 01:54.
ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 18:55   Link #792
deadlights911

Inu x Boku SS and Skip Beat
deadlights911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 22:14   Link #793
Spr1tzZer

I am new to the ecchi/ harem genre, so i only watched little over a dozen series but one anime that can fit your needs is Highschool DxD. The protagonist may seem like a loser but his power is shown shortly after a couple episodes in the series.
Spr1tzZer is offline   Reply With Quote