AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-07, 20:53   Link #121
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

How are the NX subs? Worth it? Or should I continue waiting for mishicorp?
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 20:54   Link #122
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Aha its finally subbed was a a pleasant shock to me , cant wait to se it
Old 2008-04-07, 21:16   Link #123
Jerseykid

Yay one of my favorite series brought back to life!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 22:05   Link #124
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hmmm... Another Fukuyama Jun's character with an eye problem

(Temporary , I'm sure... )

The first episode feels pretty 'okay' to me though it got me thinking; maybe it should repent for all those things I did to bugs as a kid...

I like the OP and ED for this new season Though more than ever, it makes me wonder what secrets does Himawari hide...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 22:06   Link #125
Lycestra
feed me weird things
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
How are the NX subs? Worth it? Or should I continue waiting for mishicorp?
Considering most of Mishicorp's xxxHOLiC staff (myself included) aren't there anymore, it's probably worth comparing them to find which you like best.

Shinsen does seem to have some of the same staff from when they did first season. Translation is reasonable. Word choice could flow a little more naturally, but they do their research. (like a proper Alice in Wonderland reference)

NX has the distinct disadvantage of being a one-man-band. It really is a "naked translation." Not much in terms of typesetting or video quality, just a natural translation with a couple translation mistakes.

It's all "free" so worth is in what you get from it.
Lycestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 23:08   Link #126
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Only problem with shinsen is that they tend to drop series midway... Well hopefully they don't with this.. They're the best atm.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 23:28   Link #127
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber

wonder why shinsen encoded it .mp4 though...
Old 2008-04-08, 01:03   Link #128
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ah-ah... And so close too.
If they keep it faithful to the manga (and they've been pretty much doing that throughout first season, so it's a safe bet), this arc is going to do much better than just that.

The Quest for the Eye arc (as I call it) has quite a dramatic conclusion...and long-term consequences.

I'm so excited they're getting right in the thick of things!

General commentary on the episode: Good OP, not quite 19sai (which was classy), but same artist, so it's cool. The ED is also good, same artists I believe as the Tokyo Marble Chocolate (girl side) theme song makers. I notice one thing though: those guys (ED) just can't finish a sentimental song properly. Yo, yo, hip-hop yo isn't a good way to end a sentimental hybrid song.

The animation isn't spectacular, but it's far from abominable like the first season. And the plotting and story is always great. I -love- the Alice reference which isn't in the manga by the way.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 01:11   Link #129
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangelash View Post
wonder why shinsen encoded it .mp4 though...
Why not. It's pretty much as good as MKV, and they chaptered it, so I'm happy. I'm sure they'll end up doing an AVI release to appeal to the retarded masses, though. More groups really need to stop pandering the plebs and just move forward already. >.<
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 07:32   Link #130
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
If they keep it faithful to the manga (and they've been pretty much doing that throughout first season, so it's a safe bet), this arc is going to do much better than just that.
Just like the first episode of second season with the Alice reference, the team like to add anime original material here and there into manga chapters, along with new arc material --- something i hope to see again this season.
Old 2008-04-08, 07:37   Link #131
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Original material was not bad at all of chuckled during the Alice in Wonderland scene. Not a bad start for the 2nd season, leave to. Oh how i missed Yoko though who imo has to be one of the best dressed female characters in anime ever. Now can i really say i missed Watanuki pinning and screaming over Himawari? sure why not too bad she still doesnt notice him not a single bit but that makes all the more interesting and funny for us. Great start looking forward to more i have high hopes for second season hopefully it does as well as the first season.
Old 2008-04-08, 21:28   Link #132
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

XXXHOLiC Season began with a bang . I sense some strong yaoi undertones between Domeki and Watanuki . The kumo case to begin the season was pretty neat but too bad it was continued .My fave scene in the show was Alice in Wonderland and the icing on the cake was Watanuki as Alice .The second season op is pretty interesting but I am to accustomed to the first season OP . Thanks to Code Geass XXHOLiC and Bus Gamer I had a perfect Monday
Old 2008-04-09, 00:58   Link #133
Chrono Helix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
Poor watanuki.. but he makes the series great.

I watched the first episode.. and I feel relieved.. it's still the greatness which the first season was.
I personally find some of his exaggerated antics rather annoying, like the way he always overreacts.
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 02:39   Link #134
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well i can say this will be another clamp milestone

well for the record atleast hehehe
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 04:04   Link #135
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono Helix View Post
I personally find some of his exaggerated antics rather annoying, like the way he always overreacts.
I agree, he got on my nerves this episode. But I just about cringed when Watanuki and Doumeki were walking and their bodies were so long. I was reading a summary of the recent event for this show and CLAMP told Production I.G. to watch out for the characters proportions. But still a bit too long.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 05:29   Link #136
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono Helix View Post
It's not the best part of Watanuki, but every other moment except that are quite fine. His whining wasn't half as annoying in the manga though, since you don't really hear him scream while reading it.

He's a nice kid really. Smart and thoughtful, and quite selfless. Though I hope he'd abandon his obsession for Himawari-chan and give his love to somebody else, like, oh, the Zashiki-Warashi, or the already-subtly-introduced Loli-chan.

P.S.:
Spoiler for *hint*,*hint*:
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 07:19   Link #137
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Though I hope he'd abandon his obsession for Himawari-chan
Then he wouldn't be the same old Watanuki that we all love.

Regarding his exaggerated antics, it's one of those "you love it or you hate it". Personally i've never got bored of them.
Old 2008-04-09, 09:22   Link #138
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Then he wouldn't be the same old Watanuki that we all love.

Regarding his exaggerated antics, it's one of those "you love it or you hate it". Personally i've never got bored of them.
It really depends on my mood when im watching. Sometimes i find all the antics more than i can bare then other times it doesnt bother me and im laughing my ass off. I never get tired of Yoko though
Old 2008-04-09, 09:29   Link #139
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
He's a nice kid really. Smart and thoughtful, and quite selfless. Though I hope he'd abandon his obsession for Himawari-chan and give his love to somebody else, like, oh, the Zashiki-Warashi, or the already-subtly-introduced Loli-chan.
Why? He already has Doumeki. *flings the no.1 pairing in the popularity pairing poll to you and runs away*
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 09:34   Link #140
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Ugh! I totally forgot this was coming out.

Another series to add to my list. >_< Cripes. I have too much in queue...

But...

More Yuuko!!!!!!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen, supernatural