AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-06-09, 21:13   Link #1121
Teapot

Send a message via MSN to Teapot
Well, I think that the culprit might have some accomplices,the culprit decieves with a promise of a large sum of money and when he/she is done using them for the murders (Or aren't of any more use, or the mastermind thinks he/she can continue the murders alone) he/she finishes them off
Teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 21:15   Link #1122
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Here's a niconico video of Happy Maria's song lyrics: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5726919

However as squirrellord said this is just one of the many different interpretations, since it doesn't seem to make any sense. I don't know if an official version exists.

As for the Kanon theory, how do you explain the fact that Battler sees him?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 21:21   Link #1123
Hareoic
There will be burgers

I'm going to assume there'll eventually be a soundtrack. And soundtracks usually contain the lyrics.
Old 2009-06-09, 21:26   Link #1124
Ankoku-chan

Send a message via Yahoo to Ankoku-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
That would actually make a lot of sense if Jessica made Kanon up. I was thinking, and Kanon's body goes missing if he dies AFTER Jessica he goes missing...
An interesting theory, but Kanon's body doesn't really "go missing" in Ep. 4, it's just that Battler can't find it since it fell through the well and Battler can't open the top of it.
Ankoku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 21:28   Link #1125
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
@ Jan-Poo read Squirrellords theory
Spoiler for Kanon:

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoku-chan View Post
An interesting theory, but Kanon's body doesn't really "go missing" in Ep. 4, it's just that Battler can't find it since it fell through the well and Battler can't open the top of it.
His body is still not found like in ep 2. So I just included term as missing. But I'm seriously wondering why its like that.... we'll see during answer arc if his body goes missing (or not found) again and Jessica dies before him.

And was it really ever confirmed in red that Kanon is under that well? Kyrie could have made that whole story up.
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 21:38   Link #1126
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
It's possible then to say that Kanon does not exist, and that he is another graduate of the -on orphanage, Runon, Renon, Manon, etc, who is overlapped with Jessica's Kanon image. Using this, it's possible to make Kanon the ultimate piece against Battler, as he does not exist, cannot die, and can create perfect contradictions.
I don't know If I completely get it... but does that mean that the Kanon Battler sees is actually Runon or another fukuin guy? Wouldn't that mean that Kanon exists? In the first place Kanon is not a real name, so whoever uses Kanon as a name is Kanon. plus, as per rule in the game versus Battler, Beatrice cannot state in red anything that is magical or related to magic. So if Kanon was a magic being like the siestas she couldn't even name him.
Suppose Battler will later find out that Kanon doesn't exist, how would he react to the fact that red truth acknowledge his existence? That would bring to a stalemate as explained by Ronove in episode3

Old 2009-06-09, 21:41   Link #1127
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I don't know If I completely get it... but does that mean that the Kanon Battler sees is actually Runon or another fukuin guy? Wouldn't that mean that Kanon exists? In the first place Kanon is not a real name, so whoever uses Kanon as a name is Kanon.
I was about to say I think he greeted Kanon in the first game outside the house.
Old 2009-06-09, 21:43   Link #1128
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Ya thats still the confusing part, I'm just basing off a random theory and adding my on into it :P Theory's are meant to be really weird sometimes (or joke theories) :P

I'm still trying to make sense of squirrellords Kanon thing. Runon exists lets say, but Kanon does not, and when Beatrice says Kanon died, since he doesn't exist can't die, but Runon died..... ya I'm confusing myself now.
Old 2009-06-09, 21:48   Link #1129
Marion
The Great Dine

As far as the 'Kanon is Jessica's imagination' theory, what about everyone else. Everyone acknowledges the existence of Kanon at some point in the game. I really doubt everyone was playing along with her.

Spoiler for EP 4 ??? Tea Party:
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 21:50   Link #1130
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Well, not everyone attends the island at all times. If he is introduced to everyone as Kanon, he would become Kanon to them. Only Natsuhi, Krauss, Kinzo, Kuma, Genji, and Shannon (maybe Nanjo) would know that he is not really called Kanon, and its not like anyone listed above can be trusted.

But ya, I'm just making random retard theories, ignore me.
Old 2009-06-09, 21:52   Link #1131
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well I do have some wacky theories myself. And sometimes what seemed an apparent contradiction to a theory became irrelevant after some new revelations.

In other words even if someone points out a problem in a theory that doesn't mean that the theory is false, only that there is a problem. Then people can try to figure out a way to solve the problem.

Spoiler for episode4 tea party:

Old 2009-06-09, 22:05   Link #1132
Marion
The Great Dine

Speaking of theories, I have one of my own before I go to bed:

Spoiler for EP 4:
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 22:25   Link #1133
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I'm still not sure about Nanjo. However the mastermind (Beatrice) must have used them all for something, promising them money in return. That is probably the reason behind those mysterious letters. Yet it is not clear why the name of their sons was used. Maybe because they thought the sons after receiving those letter would automatically give them to the parents since their names were stated as the receivers. They couldn't imagine they would die... still this is a very roundabout method...
Or, and this is kind of morbid, they weren't expecting to survive. If they were paid off to make the murders look like a bizarre ritual (if indeed, as I've theorized, Nanjo is the one doing stakings, possibly with Kumasawa's help), it could be that the final step in that was to perish themselves. If whatever kills anyone who survives who is not at Kuwadorian is known to them, they'd perhaps realize there was a very slim prospect of survival. Granted, Nanjo and Kumasawa know about Kuwadorian (and have clearly been there), and if Nanjo was trying to lead people there, he must have suspected it was safe. Since Eva survived ep3 and was found alive in Kuwadorian, whatever happens must not affect that mansion.

So I guess you could say it's a contingency. If they survive, they get off the island and a letter arrives later with their payoff. If they don't, their children get the payoff instead. Unsurprisingly, Dr. Nanjo the younger was smart enough to realize this wasn't good money... Main problem here is that Ange remembers getting a letter too, although that could've been a payoff to her grandfather for something (making Ange sick?).

Alternately, it's not a payoff, but compensation to "innocent" parties. Someone knew they'd have to kill Nanjo, Kumasawa, and Rudolf's family (even though they didn't want to), so they sent them money to somehow make up for it.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 22:53   Link #1134
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Since Eva survived ep3 and was found alive in Kuwadorian, whatever happens must not affect that mansion.
Wasn't it just that she claimed to have hidden out there? I thought it was mentioned somewhere that the Kuwadorian wasn't found.
Old 2009-06-09, 22:58   Link #1135
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hareoic View Post
I'm going to assume there'll eventually be a soundtrack. And soundtracks usually contain the lyrics.
There is a soundtrack by Luck Ganryoku. But the soundtrack didn't have lyrics for it.
Old 2009-06-09, 23:16   Link #1136
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
There is a soundtrack by Luck Ganryoku. But the soundtrack didn't have lyrics for it.
I mean a soundtrack for all the games, like they did with Higurashi.
Old 2009-06-09, 23:37   Link #1137
Saerianne
*cackle*

Going with the talk about the bank money, what about the number sequence? The letter had the numbers on it so they could get into the safe, but then why was the number written on the door in ep 3? (I think it was on George's door...? Im trying to remember)
Saerianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 02:47   Link #1138
Ikth7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saerianne View Post
Going with the talk about the bank money, what about the number sequence? The letter had the numbers on it so they could get into the safe, but then why was the number written on the door in ep 3? (I think it was on George's door...? Im trying to remember)
Yes, it was on George's door. I'm not sure why it was there either, but it gave Eva the chance to write it down. So we can be sure that she has access to the number. However, you need the number and a key to open anything so unless she received keys as well she couldn't open anything. That makes me wonder even more why anyone would bother to put it on the door. Even if they figured out what it was they couldn't make use of it unless they were sent a letter with a key, and that letter would have the number in it as well. Why put it on the door if you're just going to mail it to them later?
Ikth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 02:54   Link #1139
Saerianne
*cackle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikth7 View Post
Yes, it was on George's door. I'm not sure why it was there either, but it gave Eva the chance to write it down. So we can be sure that she has access to the number. However, you need the number and a key to open anything so unless she received keys as well she couldn't open anything. That makes me wonder even more why anyone would bother to put it on the door. Even if they figured out what it was they couldn't make use of it unless they were sent a letter with a key, and that letter would have the number in it as well. Why put it on the door if you're just going to mail it to them later?
Exactly. If Eva was the culprit, found out that the number was for a safe, then went to kill George, why did she even write it on the door? She could have wrote it on her hand or on a piece of paper.
Or if Eva-Beato was the murderer, she may have put it there to give Eva a hint to where she could get some money... I'm not sure... I guess we'll have to wait until the answer arc.
Saerianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 04:58   Link #1140
SeventhHS
Conceptual Weapon

Just a bit of fun here. I was bored so my friends told me to translate this image:
Spoiler:

Guidance System Version 07

Firing Guidance System Startup
Good morning.
Welcome to the firing guidance system.

Commence Data Accumulation...
Now scanning. Gathering data.
Forgive me. The missile cannot hit here.

Formulating Firing Curve...
Now calculating firing curve. Will definitely calculate a curve.
This is filler text so please don't read it. It is random.
I don't really understand English but it's cool huh? Kind of awesome.

Firing Prepartations Complete
Firing preparations complete. After this the shot will hit.
Measurements are flawless. Nothing to worry about. It's totally automatic.

Accuracy 97.89%
...is a number which certainly hits. (?)

Perhaps Witch Hunt should include an edited graphic in their next patch for those unfortunate souls among us who cannot read Japanese written in Greek alphabet.
SeventhHS is offline   Reply With Quote