AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-09, 21:18   Link #141
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I swear this Guild Master is a true chore to deal with. Just absolutely annoying at all times. Useful source of intel, but still overall a minus. Why did Makoto even let that person take part in the random draw anyways?
I was wondering that myself; if being paired with him is such a chore, why allow it at all? It'll be nice if/when Makoto gets strong enough to put him in his place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Once again I hope that Makoto isn't going to commit any massacres or genocides.
I'm hoping for the opposite; I hope someone kills one of his students and triggers a Makoto meltdown, lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-10, 13:06   Link #142
Frontier

I think Makoto sees Luto as a source of information and probably wants to play on the cautious side rather than directly confront him/ward him off, especially depending on how powerful he really is.
Old 2024-04-12, 20:48   Link #143
Strahan

Yea, there isn't much to gain by pissing him off. Just gotta suck it up and deal with the irritation. At least he takes it better than Tomoe or Mio, heh. I suppose if I thought of the world like a game, last thing I wanna do is have someone with "root" access against me, lol.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-15, 10:51   Link #144
Frontier

It's time for the tournament arc and Makoto's students are being pitted against each other! Starting with Daena and Yuno! And Daena wins with a well-placed punch to the gut !

Jin vs Mithra! Jin isn't able to completely get through Mithra's defense, so he wins by default, but it's not really all that satisfying, is it ?

Abelia vs Shifu! Abelia has great reflexes and reaction time, but Shifu seemingly cannot be beaten in pure spellcraft! Though I wonder how different it would've been if Abelia had used her bow ?

I can't believe I have to commend Lily for anything, but her defending Shifu's win was respectable...even if I'd rather not compare Shifu to Tomoki. Though now Lily is interested in Makoto's camp, which can't be a good thing .

Makoto's kids are like the only really impressive group, everyone else comes off like a joke compared to them or any of the gangs' "children." But at least they're trying their best !

Man, Shifu is sweeping this tournament and looking amazing while doing it. The way she just blew a guy up because the ref wouldn't call the end of the match, girl is straight up flexing .

Jin vs Ilumgand! Dude is looking utterly ridiculous in his armor, but Jin knocks his sword away and utterly trounces him! Not even the ref can call against that .

Jin really didn't stand a chance against Shifu...but congrats on the win !

I love how Makoto's team is so powerful that they can't have everybody fight at the same time against the other teams .

Makoto is finally confronted by Zara, head of the merchants' guild in Rotsgard, and he's already talking high and mighty and acting like Makoto is beneath him...and he challenges Makoto on his mysterious distribution methods and all the other elements of the Kuzunoha Trading Company that have red flags. Makoto is just trying to run an honest business but the greedy merchants and corrupt Hyumans just won't let him and he gets strong-armed into a deal he wants no part of .

I wish Mio could just eat Zara, but that won't solve anything. But maybe it's time Makoto gave up on Hyumans and started working with demons. At least one of the people transported from another world has to give them a chance, right? And it would show that Rotten Goddess .
Old 2024-04-15, 18:34   Link #145
grecefar

good of him to keep his cool at the end but it was mostly because some things that guy said were true and if he retaliate with violence not only will affect him but the rembrant too.

anyway this was the trigger for him to side with the demons.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-15, 22:08   Link #146
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
good of him to keep his cool at the end but it was mostly because some things that guy said were true and if he retaliate with violence not only will affect him but the rembrant too.

I feel like the demons are going to end up pissing him off too, somehow.
Old 2024-04-16, 01:40   Link #147
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post

If he retaliates with insufficient violence.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-16, 03:36   Link #148
Tenzen12

Well, maybe he could just disappear without trace... or even better with missleading trace. Not sure if good idea, but pretty sure it's doable.
Old 2024-04-16, 05:07   Link #149
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Just got on board with this series the weekend before last; it's been a while since I've seen an isekai story that feels so balanced without being overly complicated(for me). Even Makoto's students are all pretty enjoyable to watch, just as much as the demiplane stuff/chars and Makoto's merchant story. Caught up in less than two weeks, but now I have to wait like the rest of you (T_T )....

Really looking forward to seeing him meet with the demons. I'm guessing that Makoto is going to win Eva's and Luria's land back to them and open their shop there, outside the merchant guild's reach. But how does that tie into the demons? I may have missed some details due to binging.

Far as the episode itself, the gap between Makoto's students and everyone else was so big; it almost doesn't make much sense. Makoto-related chars and other races feel vastly superior to the other hyumans. Maybe the goddess sucks at her job. Honestly can't wait for him to knock some demonheads. They would likely pose more of a challenge. Of course, that's not his goal, but I'm sure the path he wishes to take will come with some form of resistance. I kinda hope he shuts down Lily before he leaves for good though. Obviously it wouldn't be permanent, but just seeing the interaction itself would be very entertaining I would think =03.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-16, 08:45   Link #150
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'd say the mage category is probably the one where you could see some payoff for Makoto's students. Which I suppose makes sense since he's better with magic than swords. They actually showed solid tactical sense. Shifu definitely deserved to win that match. But I'd say both sides showed solid sense.

Unfortunate situation is unfortunate. And it's mostly unfortunate for the innocent people that actually would have wanted to keep benefiting from purchasing goods from Makoto. They end up losing out because of the stupidity of the merchants guild. True enough that Makoto failed to navigate the political side of the business world smoothly. In the end he is a kid with more power than anything else in his corner so that's helped get him places.

Sadly for them the demons have done less to actively piss him off so he's even less concerned about doing business with them. They'll get plenty of benefits out of it. Unfortunately for some of the good people on the human side, but that's how it goes. Hopefully his students don't end up dead in the future, but looks like his presence on will dwindle since once he's actively doing business with the demons there won't be much room to teach or try to do any sort of business.
Old 2024-04-16, 16:37   Link #151
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I feel like the demons are going to end up pissing him off too, somehow.
Well, it was in the trailer for the second cour that he regrets getting involved with the demons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
If he retaliates with insufficient violence.
And openly. Imagine what if the guild leader would just have an "accident" or "sudden heart failure", that wouldn't be Makoto's problem, would it? As long as he can get someone more reasonable (or more easily corruptible) to the position he has no problem.

Last edited by Rasty; 2024-04-16 at 16:51.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-16, 16:54   Link #152
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Or "disappears without a trace". The problem is that he's just an intermediary - it's the bosses of big companies who sent him. But well, they can meet with accidents too.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-16, 17:39   Link #153
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Just got on board with this series the weekend before last; it's been a while since I've seen an isekai story that feels so balanced without being overly complicated(for me). Even Makoto's students are all pretty enjoyable to watch, just as much as the demiplane stuff/chars and Makoto's merchant story. Caught up in less than two weeks, but now I have to wait like the rest of you (T_T )....

Really looking forward to seeing him meet with the demons. I'm guessing that Makoto is going to win Eva's and Luria's land back to them and open their shop there, outside the merchant guild's reach. But how does that tie into the demons? I may have missed some details due to binging.

Far as the episode itself, the gap between Makoto's students and everyone else was so big; it almost doesn't make much sense. Makoto-related chars and other races feel vastly superior to the other hyumans. Maybe the goddess sucks at her job. Honestly can't wait for him to knock some demonheads. They would likely pose more of a challenge. Of course, that's not his goal, but I'm sure the path he wishes to take will come with some form of resistance. I kinda hope he shuts down Lily before he leaves for good though. Obviously it wouldn't be permanent, but just seeing the interaction itself would be very entertaining I would think =03.
If I remember right Eva and Luria's homeland is in possession by the demons.

It really feels like one way or another Makoto is going to have to face them (as indicated in the OP).
Old 2024-04-22, 10:34   Link #154
Frontier

Even a guy like Ilumgand started out as a pure and innocent boy who swore to grow into a righteous noble for the common people to his childhood friend...and that childhood friend was Luria .

Well, Makoto's learned a lot...about his shortcomings as a merchant, how hard it is to deal with Hyumans, and potentially his next step is to work with Demons. And if Rona is able to comply with his demand to pull all demons out of Rotsgard, in honor of their shared relationship with Jin's group, then it should all work out right? I mean, Rona even blew a kiss over telepathy, that totally means she'll go through with it, right ?

Eva seemed fully prepared to jump into bed (literally) with Makoto if he so asks it of her, but it seems he has something else more sentimental in mind .

That Tomoe and Mio were willing to praise Makoto's students, even a little bit, is high praise indeed. I hope Mithra survives the training match against Tomoe though .

Oh snap, Ilumgand was also close with Hibiki! They trained together and even planned to fight together once he graduated! And he didn't immediately accost Luria, he just recognized his childhood friend and wanted to get reacquainted with her, but Luria seemingly not remembering him and his friends making things worse just made him act out and not convey his true feelings...and Makoto stepping in just made his insecurities worse until he fell prey to a familiar face .

And taking all that drug, along with whatever is really in that necklace, drives him into a rage-fueled frenzy against Makoto that he turns on Jin and his team. He tanks several of their hits and it takes all three of them to take him down. But that's unfortunately not the end of it .

I love Yuno taking down four guys with hand-to-hand skills. She doesn't even need other dudes to break her fall, she can save herself .

Makoto thought he could deal with demons, but even if they're persecuted by Hyumans...they're still demons. And he should have NEVER trusted Rona. Because she was prepping Ilumgand as a time-bomb waiting to go off and kill all the visiting royals...and he wasn't the only one. Makoto thought he could work with them to secure Kaleneon for Eva and Luria, but I don't think Makoto is going to be willing to forgive the demons this one .

Meanwhile Ilumgand...will never be able to apologize to Luria .
Old 2024-04-22, 12:40   Link #155
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Even a guy like Ilumgand started out as a pure and innocent boy who swore to grow into a righteous noble for the common people to his childhood friend...and that childhood friend was Luria .

Well, Makoto's learned a lot...about his shortcomings as a merchant, how hard it is to deal with Hyumans, and potentially his next step is to work with Demons. And if Rona is able to comply with his demand to pull all demons out of Rotsgard, in honor of their shared relationship with Jin's group, then it should all work out right? I mean, Rona even blew a kiss over telepathy, that totally means she'll go through with it, right ?

Eva seemed fully prepared to jump into bed (literally) with Makoto if he so asks it of her, but it seems he has something else more sentimental in mind .

That Tomoe and Mio were willing to praise Makoto's students, even a little bit, is high praise indeed. I hope Mithra survives the training match against Tomoe though .

Oh snap, Ilumgand was also close with Hibiki! They trained together and even planned to fight together once he graduated! And he didn't immediately accost Luria, he just recognized his childhood friend and wanted to get reacquainted with her, but Luria seemingly not remembering him and his friends making things worse just made him act out and not convey his true feelings...and Makoto stepping in just made his insecurities worse until he fell prey to a familiar face .

And taking all that drug, along with whatever is really in that necklace, drives him into a rage-fueled frenzy against Makoto that he turns on Jin and his team. He tanks several of their hits and it takes all three of them to take him down. But that's unfortunately not the end of it .

I love Yuno taking down four guys with hand-to-hand skills. She doesn't even need other dudes to break her fall, she can save herself .

Makoto thought he could deal with demons, but even if they're persecuted by Hyumans...they're still demons. And he should have NEVER trusted Rona. Because she was prepping Ilumgand as a time-bomb waiting to go off and kill all the visiting royals...and he wasn't the only one. Makoto thought he could work with them to secure Kaleneon for Eva and Luria, but I don't think Makoto is going to be willing to forgive the demons this one .

Meanwhile Ilumgand...will never be able to apologize to Luria .
Makoto should of listened to his advisors more since they lived in this world. He was really naive to trust the demons and think he get along with some of the Hyumans.
Old 2024-04-22, 13:41   Link #156
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
Makoto should of listened to his advisors more since they lived in this world. He was really naive to trust the demons and think he get along with some of the Hyumans.
His main problem is, that he is trying to act as a law-abiding Japanese in a fantasy world that is 100% not the world of law.

If he properly showed his strength to the demons (he can still do it now) and that he is not bound by "exact wording" they wouldn't dare to go against the spirit (not just words) of the agreement to test his patience. And if he was willing to act dirty (kidnapping, assassination, bribes) he could easily deal with the hyuman side problem too.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-22, 13:51   Link #157
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
His main problem is, that he is trying to act as a law-abiding Japanese in a fantasy world that is 100% not the world of law.

If he properly showed his strength to the demons (he can still do it now) and that he is not bound by "exact wording" they wouldn't dare to go against the spirit (not just words) of the agreement to test his patience. And if he was willing to act dirty (kidnapping, assassination, bribes) he could easily deal with the hyuman side problem too.
Yeah, he never really flexed or showed how powerful he was to Rona so I don't think she realizes fully what sleeping lion she's about to wake up .
Old 2024-04-22, 16:08   Link #158
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
One of his main goals is to learn about his parents. And to develop the demiplane. I would think it be best to not show off his power until he has solidified his strength(both himself and his people). Being well known would not only bring other human dangers against home, but possibly the goddess herself. Makoto is lucky she still sees him as discardable meatshield trash; if he was even the slightest bit more interesting to her, she would have saw his true strength during the fight against Sophie and Mitsurugi, and who knows what might have come from that.

I wonder if he is going to permanently become a demon. Yeah, they were acting like it was a one-way ticket, bit I wouldn't be surprised if Makoto figures out a way to turn him back. Probably gonna have to Crack some heads first though.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-22, 16:22   Link #159
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
One of his main goals is to learn about his parents. And to develop the demiplane. I would think it be best to not show off his power until he has solidified his strength(both himself and his people). Being well known would not only bring other human dangers against home, but possibly the goddess herself. Makoto is lucky she still sees him as discardable meatshield trash; if he was even the slightest bit more interesting to her, she would have saw his true strength during the fight against Sophie and Mitsurugi, and who knows what might have come from that.

I wonder if he is going to permanently become a demon. Yeah, they were acting like it was a one-way ticket, bit I wouldn't be surprised if Makoto figures out a way to turn him back. Probably gonna have to Crack some heads first though.
I feel like there's enough unresolved between him and Luria but that would make his final fate even more tragic, especially if Luria never even finds out what happened to him and really did completely forget about him .
Old 2024-04-22, 17:30   Link #160
grecefar

if the objective was to make me feel bad abour ilumgand, then it failed and just hope they get rid of him. Those flashback didn't work and that scene with luria just made things worse.

in the end even the relationship with the demon failed even before it started but then again just like makoto said, he was too naive and he is going to snap soon.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote