AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-02, 12:56   Link #1201
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I finally watched episodes 8 and 9... and all I have to say is that I really enjoy this anime so far.

It's not dorama, not at all, it's meant to be a slice of life anime and well, it does just that. If anything they manage to get interactions between the characters as realistic as possible, and it all comes forward in really funny banter.

9/10 overall

Arty

EDIT: Also, I was kind of missing them buttslaps

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact

Last edited by Arturia Polaris; 2012-09-02 at 13:24.
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 13:08   Link #1202
Kazu-kun

Wakana's wink to Konatsu was the highlight of this episode for me.

She's a miracle of the universe!
Old 2012-09-02, 14:13   Link #1203
deadite

deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 14:22   Link #1204
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Wakana's wink to Konatsu was the highlight of this episode for me.

She's a miracle of the universe!
That's very lethal wink right there. I almost fell on the ground just from the sight of it.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 14:54   Link #1205
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Spoiler:
Sorry to be a bother, but my Japanese isn't particularly strong. Would someone mind translating or explaining the contents in the image? Thanks
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 18:09   Link #1206
Sphire

Damn, another nice episode from Tari Tari. Heavy Wakana focus but that's cool. I'm kinda ok with the flow of things, but a lot of stuff still seems unresolved (from every main character) that I feel it will be such a shame if the show ended leaving stuff open-ended. Wakana looks to be the only one who'll get her issue resolved, and maybe Konatsu.

Still, gotta love the character interactions in this show. The end part with Wien was cheesy as hell, but awesome too!

I'm looking forward to their musical play. And, I assume the school issue is that they're thinking of demolishing the school to build something else? Or maybe part of the school? Are there really only 3 episodes left? It really seems like there's not much room to spare, hopefully it'll be a good conclusion.

Quote:
Spoiler for Image:
Wakana > Ohana
Old 2012-09-02, 19:31   Link #1207
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
Sorry to be a bother, but my Japanese isn't particularly strong. Would someone mind translating or explaining the contents in the image? Thanks
It's a flyer from Comiket that's promoting both the currently airing Tari Tari and the in-production Hanasaku Iroha Home Sweet Home movie since both have similar production committees. At the bottom is a conversation between Wakana and Ohana. Been meaning to translate it, but lost motivation for various reasons.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 19:37   Link #1208
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Been meaning to translate it, but lost motivation for various reasons.
Would be really cool if you get that motivation back *hint hint*
Old 2012-09-02, 20:28   Link #1209
Midonin
Last Engage

たりたり♪♪ 10 - Super Hero Time Starts Now!

I don't merely agree with Wien when he's in hero mode. I am him. Complete with the posing and the singing of hero songs. The opening and closing segments of the episodes were my favorite parts, with the Shoutenger showing their hero stuff. They were kind of Akibaranger-like (though less broad) in their lack of synchronicity, but that final scene, that's the kind of stuff I got into the toku fandom for, and remain in the toku fandom for. The stakes were smaller, but the "standing against the sun" shot, the cracked visor - it hit the narrative beats of a third act fight perfectly. That group performance of the Ganbaraiger theme will definitely be a keeper on my iPod in the future. This is the power of tokusatsu! The power of local heroes! Wien gets the appeal of it, and provided a great example for toku fans everywhere.

All the stuff with Wakana's mom and the vice principal was also pretty heartwarming, and Wakana has learned how to loosen up and have fun. That's why she was able to play Pink as easily as she did. (I think the ribbon might be a homage to Goggle V, though many of the early Sentai female weapons were that girlish). I get the feeling the finale is going to bring everything together into a final masterpiece.

I hope that Wien's love of Sentai can play a part in that. Shoutenger, Ready.... GO!
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 21:15   Link #1210
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Another awesome episode of Tari Tari for me. I'm just loving this show to pieces!

All of the focus on the relationship between Wakana, her mother, and the Vice-Principal was handled really well and made for great plot development, character development, and drama.

The whole Rangers bit was really fun, and I loved the comedy bits involving the villains there. Sawa against her own mom was really cool too, lol!

But that end bit with Wien was just something else... Wow, I was hoping for Wien to get a big moment in this show, but to see him get to truly play the hero like that, by stopping an actual criminal, was great!

Granted, it wasn't the easiest sequence of events to swallow, but it was executed with such coolness that I just didn't care. It just really appealed to the kid in me, reminding me of when I used to watch Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Wien is the man!

And it was awesome to see the rest of "the Rangers" join in on his singing, and support him like they did. The overall direction for that end bit was just glorious!

This show is a consistent joy to watch. This show just persperates with glistening character, charm, and charisma. It's a true feel-good show that manages to get you to buy into it even when its at its absolute cheesiest.
Old 2012-09-02, 21:22   Link #1211
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Wien chase down a bicycle, not anyone could do
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 21:55   Link #1212
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

That was far more entertaining than I initially thought. I definitely burst out laughing after seeing this.

Images
ep 10
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The interactions with the vice principal was pretty good too. We got to see another side of herself even for just a brief moment.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 22:02   Link #1213
Chandela
Straight Chillin

I love this series more and more with each episode.

The Rangers acting was really enjoyable to watch. It had staged fighting, group poses and hilarious comedy. What more could a guy ask for? Oh wait, how about Wien being a hero and chasing down a thief with his amazing stamina and dedication. You gotta admit, he took that punch like a BOSS. When he got up after being kicked in the stomach and started singing at the thief, I was blown away. Wien is such a WINNER.
Old 2012-09-02, 23:50   Link #1214
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

While the end sequence was flashier, I actually preferred the first scenes with the “West Shopping District Westshoprangers!” the best. It felt more organic and funny (“beta carotene shower!”) without trying too hard to be – very much like how four very embarrassed kids and one enthusiastic one putting on a show for the townsfolk might actually look. Wien might not be a complicated boy, but he’s definitely genuine – one of the most “true to himself” characters this season, and it’s undeniably fun to see him eat the whole act for lunch and still have room for dessert. I also loved seeing Shiho-san fill in for the fallen villain, and finally give the Shoprangers a foe worth fighting (though I was disappointed she didn’t trot out her special move, “ass-slap attack”).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 00:54   Link #1215
Divini
Senpai!

I did NOT expect a hot-blooded GAR scene in this anime at all.

Wien was just crazy awesome this episode. Almost Kamina-level awesome.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 01:14   Link #1216
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I also loved seeing Shiho-san fill in for the fallen villain, and finally give the Shoprangers a foe worth fighting (though I was disappointed she didn’t trot out her special move, “ass-slap attack”).
The girls would've had a critical hit!
10/10 again for this week's episode, it's just that much fun to watch
Old 2012-09-03, 02:04   Link #1217
Excorsism

I thought I couldn't like Wien anymore but this episode proved me wrong. It's a real shame this is a 13 episode series. I'd love to just watch this series on their character interactions alone.
Old 2012-09-03, 03:56   Link #1218
hai_san

Awesome 9. EP, when Wien began to sing it was kind of comical but when in full i could really feel his burning passion. A really GAR moment.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 04:10   Link #1219
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So when do we get our crossover OVA with the Tari Tari cast going on vacation at the Kissuiso

As for this episode I enjoyed it,always like it when a show makes good use of rule of cool.

Also Wein should totally be on the track team,he seems as fast as Usain Bolt!
Old 2012-09-03, 06:02   Link #1220
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Lol@ that pic. Ohana moves to a better show?

Episode was REALLY silly, but they got some nice notes in with Wakana and that grumpy teacher. I don't know what to think of Wien, but PA engages in some epic lulzy things that I can only assume they've been reading this thread and making fun of us especially regarding complaints to their male characters.

They really seemed to enjoy making the episode as I did watching it. I would say the same for the series in general.

Also, ahem, Sawa's behind in a tight green suit. I guess they heard my gripes.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works