AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Romance is in the air. Multiple selection available!
Layfon x Felli 148 58.96%
Layfon x Nina 84 33.47%
Layfon x Leerin 103 41.04%
Layfon x Gorneo aka --LayGor-- 12 4.78%
Layfon x Mei 43 17.13%
Layfon x Naruki 33 13.15%
Savaris x Layfon x Dixerio 12 4.78%
Dein Dee x Dalshena 7 2.79%
Dein Dee x Nina 2 0.80%
Harley x Nina 11 4.38%
Layfon x Kallian 5 1.99%
Felli x Shante 15 5.98%
Layfon x Other 11 4.38%
Other x Other 20 7.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-23, 14:18   Link #141
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
Most of you seem to have high hopes for Leerin, but I doubt that she will take the lead in this harem. Yes, I'm pretty sure she will play an important role later on in terms of story and character development, but in the end she won't be any more then the typical childhood friend, who loves the protagonist, but she won't get his heart.

Currently I'm hoping for FonFonXFelli, but expecting more FonFonXNina.
Old 2009-02-23, 14:44   Link #142
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I don't know but so far when i seen the most probability of Fon-fon ending with Felli was in ep 1 where Nina was just a violent fight-maniac girl. Episode 2 still has many good moments but i think then Felli losed many of her chances.
She has the most private moments with him but even with that she has little to no influence on him. So if she's not going to get some impact on him soon i think she has no chance as Mei.
Leerin has little screen time but i quess she's a strong competitor because she has a quite influence in Layfon's life and emotions from the begining...
Old 2009-02-23, 14:45   Link #143
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momosan View Post
he might be devoted to Leerin
This is something that i doubt
At Grendan probably he thought only to gain money for the orphanage and to become stronger so i don't think that he never thinking to love or other.
Same now to Zuellny, probably now he thinks only how live a different life and (thanks to Kalian) how protect his friends; i think that he never tried to thought or he never had time to think to love
For the pair well, i think that fell have higher chance, but i raise always my flag for Nina
Old 2009-02-23, 15:48   Link #144
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

This is kinda funny i would destroy all these arguments but i simply do not care abiout the story enough. I have not felt attach to the characters yet. The general story intrigues me though.
My comment was a general comment.
I Also think people don't want to read my page long assassination of characters.
To be clear i support none of these pairings.

Though to be clear i am willing to bet if there is captain/generic MC here name
It would be awful writing. So far there hasn't even been a hint of romance.

If i was to bet on a pairing it most likely would be felli.
This is if my life dependent on it and there was not an ambiguous option.

Why is this? Not the reason you are thinking of.
Pairings are the will of the masses.
Anime has become less about excellent story writing more about fandom.
What selling is what felli is showing.
Felli is a Main character she gives a mysterious/stoic vibe. ( i can rant about this more but i will spare you the rant.)
Can only show her emotions through violence.
This is what the people are telling story writers what they like thus what they are selling.
Although myself am not part of the zerg because i like good story writing.
This is not to say that it will not be great story writing.
It can be written very well, but this is yet to be seen.
But who cares about good writing or coherent story writing fo that matter? as long as our pairing wins right?!

As for mei.
When does this type of girl ever win in a pairing?
I mean really when?
Still thinking?
i tell you its a big 0!
People like because they like a bit of tragedy they can relate but ultimately its a just a side dish.
Only there for moe moments if even that. (though there is a chance that one of these type of characters might win stay tune! i am actually crossing my fingers! don't want to say aloud because it might ruin the chances XD :P) pm if you want to know who.

Now finally with Leerin.
I actually think her chances are a lot better than people realize.
She has already kiss the main character. She is waiting for his eventual return.
Which will happen. Will he stay probably not. But that's not the point. She is pivotal to the plot. How important we do not know yet. I am guessing pretty important. Will we see some type of romance plot who knows! But the point is that we don't know enough about her which means there is a lot to develop meaning that since there is no romantic interaction or interaction in general right now it means it will come later on. Which is always a good thing.
Whether they will write it well is another question.
Old 2009-02-23, 16:04   Link #145
Silaqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
Now finally with Leerin.
She has already kiss the main character. She is waiting for his eventual return.
Which will happen. Will he stay probably not. But that's not the point. She is pivotal to the plot. How important we do not know yet. I am guessing pretty important. Will we see some type of romance plot who knows! But the point is that we don't know enough about her which means there is a lot to develop meaning that since there is no romantic interaction or interaction in general right now it means it will come later on. Which is always a good thing.
I don't think FonFon will return to Grendan. I'm beting she'll come to Zellni to pay him a visit. Maybe she'll even become friends with Mei and then the stereotypical plot will start.
Old 2009-02-23, 16:17   Link #146
Slick_rick

Quote:
This is kinda funny i would destroy all these arguments but i simply do not care abiout the story enough. I have not felt attach to the characters yet. The general story intrigues me though.
My comment was a general comment.
I Also think people don't want to read my page long assassination of characters.
To be clear i support none of these pairings.
I seriously doubt you could destroy the arguments but you're welcome to try.

Quote:
Though to be clear i am willing to bet if there is captain/generic MC here name
It would be awful writing. So far there hasn't even been a hint of romance.
Romance comes in many different forms. For Nina and Layfon so far it's been in mutual understanding of each other. A Kalulu fan I would assume would sort of understand this but I think you're not as unbiased as you try to claim.

Quote:
If i was to bet on a pairing it most likely would be felli.
This is if my life dependent on it and there was not an ambiguous option.

Why is this? Not the reason you are thinking of.
Pairings are the will of the masses.
Anime has become less about excellent story writing more about fandom.
What selling is what felli is showing.
Felli is a Main character she gives a mysterious/stoic vibe. ( i can rant about this more but i will spare you the rant.)
Can only show her emotions through violence.
This is what the people are telling story writers what they like thus what they are selling.
Although myself am not part of the zerg because i like good story writing.
This is not to say that it will not be great story writing.
It can be written very well, but this is yet to be seen.
But who cares about good writing or coherent story writing fo that matter? as long as our pairing wins right?!
This is a horrible assessment. Most anime while having extremely popular character doesn't mean the writer bends to fandom when it comes to romance. Most writers in fact do not. Rarely does a writer not have a female lead character he pushes more than another in the romance department that has no impact on popularity. Felli is clearly popular for her comedy and moe but your basing her chances on winning solely on her popularity is silly.
Spoiler for code geass:

Quote:
Now finally with Leerin.
Whether they will write it well is another question.
I think most people admit that Leerin probably a decent chance but so far we have no real basis to judge if she'll just be another hopeless childhood friend whose love will be unrequited or actually be a big contender. She's a tossup but that doesn't mean I'll give her a better chance than the characters we have currently interacting and growing closer to Layfon.
Old 2009-02-23, 16:19   Link #147
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I think the writer's mind matters more...
Because if not then everywhere the authors would start pairing polls and the results decides the outcome of the love triangle/polygon...perhaps a good writer consider the publics opinion and a realy greedy company can decide the pairings of the story based uppon the fan base, but in the most cases it's soletly decided by the authors. Not to mention that Felli and Fon-fon currently have very little chemistry beetween each other(even if they have the most "private time" so far in the show).
But perhaps that can change but so far there's no sign for it. On contrast Nina and Layfon gets closer and closer to each other somehow even when the only hint of romantic feelings on Nina's side was confirmed at the current(7th) episode.
So while Layfon and Felli's relation is a standstill so far, Nina and Layfon's gets stronger and stronger...so for now with every episode Felli's chances gets reduced.
As many people suggests i think with Leerin's arrival the competiton for Layfon will heatens up.
Old 2009-02-23, 16:27   Link #148
Silaqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
I think the writer's mind matters more...
That's absolutely true, but Regios isn't a story about romance (at least I think so). The romance is just a sidestory and so I can believe, that the author will "listen" (at least a little) to the fans, because the question with who Layfon ends up isn't important for the main plot.
Old 2009-02-23, 16:34   Link #149
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Today I've already written a lot, so for don't write things that already have been said, i quote last Slick_rick, willyvereb and Silaqui post Those post more or less sum up what I want say
I'm pretty tired today
Old 2009-02-23, 16:40   Link #150
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silaqui View Post
That's absolutely true, but Regios isn't a story about romance (at least I think so). The romance is just a sidestory and so I can believe, that the author will "listen" (at least a little) to the fans, because the question with who Layfon ends up isn't important for the main plot.
I think you're wrong. Romance is important to the story. Yes, we have a lot of fantasy and action mixed in but this is certainly a story that relies heavily on romance also if not more so than any other element. A good writer will make the story believable and also make who the lead ends up with believable for the character.
Old 2009-02-23, 16:45   Link #151
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I seriously doubt you could destroy the arguments but you're welcome to try.

Romance comes in many different forms. For Nina and Layfon so far it's been in mutual understanding of each other. A Kalulu fan I would assume would sort of understand this but I think you're not as unbiased as you try to claim.

This is a horrible assessment. Most anime while having extremely popular character doesn't mean the writer bends to fandom when it comes to romance. Most writers in fact do not. Rarely does a writer not have a female lead character he pushes more than another in the romance department that has no impact on popularity. Felli is clearly popular for her comedy and moe but your basing her chances on winning solely on her popularity is silly.
Spoiler for code geass:

I think most people admit that Leerin probably a decent chance but so far we have no real basis to judge if she'll just be another hopeless childhood friend whose love will be unrequited or actually be a big contender. She's a tossup but that doesn't mean I'll give her a better chance than the characters we have currently interacting and growing closer to Layfon.
Like i said to begin with I am not attach enough to the characters.
If i was i would probably write a bigger analysis. With a lot more logic and some type of scientific code. like 1 plus 1 = 2 XD

I kid i Kid or do i?
Anyways

"Romance comes in many different forms. For Nina and Layfon so far it's been in mutual understanding of each other. A Kalulu fan I would assume would sort of understand this but I think you're not as unbiased as you try to claim."

Btw i am lazy so i will just put your stuff in quotes.
Ok agreed. Love does come in many forms. Does nina have a chance sure!!!
hell for all we know the other police chick seems to be liking reyfon after helping her. I meant this as so far. Obviously i did not convene this clear enough. I apologize. Lets just say to be continued? As for Kallen and lelouch i see where your going! but nothing has happen yet so to be continued.

Ok want to read my 5 page paper i did for class on the Character of CC i won't bore the other people with but if you like i can send you a copy.
Well lets get to your assumptions and my assumptions.
You are assuming that writers are not affected by fandom.
I would disagree. Why not whatever gets them money. People write for money this much is clear. People need money to write. If you write a piece of literature and people don't like it you will be broke. lets take Orangekun for instance. The people in CG like him so much they decided for him to live. This is taken straight from the writers. I give you the link if you like its in my mess of crap on my computer. And theres ton of more examples. I Think you are still living in the enlightenment dream. can i be wrong and these people are still being Undeterred. Sure, but don't tell me it takes no part. i think that you are naive then.
I am basing her chances on winning based on what i see. I take trends in anime. Can i be wrong? sure. But like i said to begin with this is if i had to take a bet. I more than likely bet ambigious. because that makes the most sense. in terms of trends. Its not like Regios is some type of Epic tale. No its pretty generic. theres nothing that attaches me yet. Cassherns on the other hand is pretty awesome.
But that is another argument.
Finally getting to felli. She is pretty generic. replace her with a louise that talks less or taiga or shana. Its not even clear that she likes him in a romantic light yet.
That being said. It would be remarkable if there was not sometype of romantic interaction between them because that is what people will want.

think most people admit that Leerin probably a decent chance but so far we have no real basis to judge if she'll just be another hopeless childhood friend whose love will be unrequited or actually be a big contender. She's a tossup but that doesn't mean I'll give her a better chance than the characters we have currently interacting and growing closer to Layfon.
I think we are agreeing. but I think she has a better chance than mei.
How about that? can we agree?

Last edited by Witacume; 2009-02-23 at 17:01.
Old 2009-02-23, 17:11   Link #152
Slick_rick

Quote:
Ok want to read my 5 page paper i did for class on the Character of CC i won't bore the other people with but if you like i can send you a copy.
Well lets get to your assumptions and my assumptions.
You are assuming that writers are not affected by fandom.
I would disagree. Why not whatever gets them money. People write for money this much is clear. People need money to write. If you write a piece of literature and people don't like it you will be broke. lets take Orangekun for instance. The people in CG like him so much they decided for him to live. This is taken straight from the writers. I give you the link if you like its in my mess of crap on my computer. And theres ton of more examples. I Think you are still living in the enlightenment dream. can i be wrong and these people are still being Undeterred. Sure, but don't tell me it takes no part. i think that you are naive then.
I never said writers are not affected by fandom but to the extent they would base the eventual winner solely based on their opinion and not what interactions the author has already placed in the book I disagree with. Sure, it's not unheard of for an author to pander to the readers by giving more of screentime to a popular character but rarely do they change the entire plot they've laid out for it. I've watch many romances where the most popular girl lost.

Quote:
I am basing her chances on winning based on what i see. I take trends in anime. Can i be wrong? sure. But like i said to begin with this is if i had to take a bet. I more than likely bet ambigious. because that makes the most sense. in terms of trends. Its not like Regios is some type of Epic tale. No its pretty generic. theres nothing that attaches me yet. Cassherns on the other hand is pretty awesome.
But that is another argument.
Finally getting to felli. She is pretty generic. replace her with a louise that talks less or taiga or shana. Its not even clear that she likes him in a romantic light yet.
Well I'd actually say it is pretty clear she does see him in a romantic light. This is where I see your failure, you base your beliefs on preconceptions. I can name a few similar character like Nina also I.E. Kaname Chidori, Asuka from NGE, and Misa Hayase off the top of my head. I could probably name some similar to Mei though probably in a different genre than action and I'd have to give it some thought.

Quote:
I think we are agreeing. but I think she has a better chance than mei.
How about that? can we agree?
Of course. Mei has the least chance but it not only about her character it's also about his interaction with her which was clearly one sided and her shyness which makes them getting together extremely unlikely.
Old 2009-02-23, 17:30   Link #153
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

lol. I never did understand why people get so heated over hypothetical anime discussion. An interpretation of events in an episode I could see people fervently arguing over, but as of right now all we know is that everyone has the hots for him yet he doesn't seem to care. For all we know Layfon could actually be a girl in disguise. I'd love to watch me some Chrome Shelled Yuri.
Old 2009-02-23, 17:54   Link #154
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momosan View Post
lol. I never did understand why people get so heated over hypothetical anime discussion. An interpretation of events in an episode I could see people fervently arguing over, but as of right now all we know is that everyone has the hots for him yet he doesn't seem to care. For all we know Layfon could actually be a girl in disguise. I'd love to watch me some Chrome Shelled Yuri.
haha you think that was heated that was more of two people saying that exact same thing in so many different words it was more a challenge ideals.
and for my part it was halfed assed. while waiting for scenario queqes.
As for chrome sheel yuri. I'm pretty sure hes a guy.
or is he!?
Old 2009-02-23, 18:01   Link #155
Slick_rick

I wish this was actually Yuri! The queen and Leerin is basically just fanservice but certainly not enough for this yuri fanboy. I'm watching Koihime†Musou and Marimite currently to get my yuri fix.

Yea and I think the show is far from over so we have a lot more to see. I'm hoping for more NinaXLayfon but it can certainly switch. I just hope it doesn't!
Old 2009-02-23, 18:52   Link #156
TrueKnight

Let’s see about the overall progress of CSR:

- ep 1: heaven blades infos, character introductions, Leerin kiss (wtf already?), Nina (wut? a hot chivalrious captain?), Felli (huh? Primula is that you?), Mei blushes (lol? Moe?); romance implied, plot set.
- ep 2: character development and interactions on Nina, Felli, Mei’s lunch, romance again implied, Layfon’s hax character, no main plot progress.
-ep 3: character introduction and development again, lesbian action, Layfon’s interactions with Nina and Felli, Mei’s crush on Layfon, romance again implied, crappy engrish, ep 7 dragon-bug first shown, no main plot progress.
- ep 4: crappy engrish need to stop, 100% character development on Felli and her interaction with Layfon, her first smile maybe in a loooong time, romance again implied, no main plot progress.
- ep 5: crappy engrish need to stop, again and again character development and interaction with Layfon and Mei’s fangirlsm towards him this time and her cookies, interaction with Nina and Felli. main plot progresses a bit, Layfon’s hax character, Nina’s boobs as pillow, romance again implied.
- ep 6: Leerin’s letter, harem addition needs to stop, it’s getting out of control, crappy engrish need to stop, character development on Nina, Felli, Mei and Narki, hidings Leerin’s letter, interaction and growing affection of Felli, Mei, Narki to Layfon, FINALLY sets up for the main plot.
- ep 7: implementation of the main plot, crappy engrish need to stop, character development on Nina, Felli, interaction and growing affection of Nina (huge), a bit of Felli, a bit of Narki to Layfon, Layfon’s advent children cloud on dragon bug, Nina’s into younger men, romance again implied.
- ep 8: main plot progress officially starts? Eventhough there are new introduction from other squads.

I would’ve believed that CSR are merely fantasy and shonen with romance only being minimum the moment I first laid eyes on it, hey it’s another Bleach or Busou Renkin, but looool so far proof indicates otherwise. So far they seem making romance and as an important issue even moreso than the main plot, as proven with Layfon’s ridiculous amount of screen time interactions with the girls.

Its like the anime’s been forcing down to our throat ‘look here are his harem’ who should he choose or he just simply gotta catch ‘em all?

Ep 8 will somehow changes the mindset above, but in the future a large amount of Layfon x [insert girl(s) here] moments are inevitable. Heck, so far he hasn’t even meet Leerin yet.
Old 2009-02-23, 19:21   Link #157
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Let’s see about the overall progress of CSR:

- ep 1: heaven blades infos, character introductions, Leerin kiss (wtf already?), Nina (wut? a hot chivalrious captain?), Felli (huh? Primula is that you?), Mei blushes (lol? Moe?); romance implied, plot set.
- ep 2: character development and interactions on Nina, Felli, Mei’s lunch, romance again implied, Layfon’s hax character, no main plot progress.
-ep 3: character introduction and development again, lesbian action, Layfon’s interactions with Nina and Felli, Mei’s crush on Layfon, romance again implied, crappy engrish, ep 7 dragon-bug first shown, no main plot progress.
- ep 4: crappy engrish need to stop, 100% character development on Felli and her interaction with Layfon, her first smile maybe in a loooong time, romance again implied, no main plot progress.
- ep 5: crappy engrish need to stop, again and again character development and interaction with Layfon and Mei’s fangirlsm towards him this time and her cookies, interaction with Nina and Felli. main plot progresses a bit, Layfon’s hax character, Nina’s boobs as pillow, romance again implied.
- ep 6: Leerin’s letter, harem addition needs to stop, it’s getting out of control, crappy engrish need to stop, character development on Nina, Felli, Mei and Narki, hidings Leerin’s letter, interaction and growing affection of Felli, Mei, Narki to Layfon, FINALLY sets up for the main plot.
- ep 7: implementation of the main plot, crappy engrish need to stop, character development on Nina, Felli, interaction and growing affection of Nina (huge), a bit of Felli, a bit of Narki to Layfon, Layfon’s advent children cloud on dragon bug, Nina’s into younger men, romance again implied.
- ep 8: main plot progress officially starts? Eventhough there are new introduction from other squads.

I would’ve believed that CSR are merely fantasy and shonen with romance only being minimum the moment I first laid eyes on it, hey it’s another Bleach or Busou Renkin, but looool so far proof indicates otherwise. So far they seem making romance and as an important issue even moreso than the main plot, as proven with Layfon’s ridiculous amount of screen time interactions with the girls.

Its like the anime’s been forcing down to our throat ‘look here are his harem’ who should he choose or he just simply gotta catch ‘em all?

Ep 8 will somehow changes the mindset above, but in the future a large amount of Layfon x [insert girl(s) here] moments are inevitable. Heck, so far he hasn’t even meet Leerin yet.
Haha i did all my thinking without watching the new episode now that i finally watch it. I laughed.
lets just throw them all in barellel and see who gets shot first. XD
Old 2009-02-23, 21:55   Link #158
Cinocard

After watching Ep 7, Naruki feels like an un-psycho version of Nina. Even their height and their boobs size are close. If she had a little tiny bit chance in the dust, I would forget about Nina
Old 2009-02-24, 02:10   Link #159
Voitan

Prediction for Episode 8:

More CRAPPY Engrish. Layfon adds a chick from squad 5 to his harem, etc...

God I love this show.
Old 2009-02-24, 02:21   Link #160
Enternal

Woah, it's getting hot in here already! Anyway, at least we can all agree so far that it's going to be Felli vs Nina vs Leerin with Mei here and there. So far though it seems that Layfon still only admires Nina and does not see her in any other ways yet unlike Nina who is of course obvious. It seems like Felli right now of the two seems like the one with the higher chance. Now if Leerin is included, then it's going to be harder to know since she also seems to have quite a high chance as well.

Spoiler:

I guess due to that, the shipping wars will probably be a long one. At least it satisfy the potential pairings that people wanted. Layfon and Leerin, Layfon and Felli, and Layfon and Nina. To bad no Layfon and Mei or some of the others.
Closed Thread