1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-04, 08:54   Link #181
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
Also, what is this "Pieces" thing everyone is talking about? Is it a game or manga or something?
Putting the Pieces Together
Old 2007-10-04, 09:29   Link #182
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash002 View Post
I have been Rena x Keiichi all the way since the beginning, but at the start of the second season i have been secretly rooting for Rika x Keiichi

@When it's next episode going to air? Monday? Friday? I have been lost since the nice food incident
You can view the schedule here. The next episode airs Monday, the 8th.
Old 2007-10-04, 13:50   Link #183
hirahira
a duck is fine too

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirahira View Post
Could someone make a video clip of the Broccoli or Cauliflower scene?
I really want to show it to my friends
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE DO THIS? PLEASE?
Old 2007-10-04, 14:20   Link #184
BaalChaamon

True but then again the rest are two lil kids and a teenager :P
I loved this episode, had me on the edge and actually praying for everyone to make it this time even though i knew better. Poor Rika...and damn u Takano, how twisted must someone be to do this to kids!
Old 2007-10-04, 15:55   Link #185
Onniguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash002 View Post
I have been Rena x Keiichi all the way since the beginning, but at the start of the second season i have been secretly rooting for Rika x Keiichi
Rena is my favorate character. Hence, I've always personally been kinda a Rena x ME fan

Now all I have to do is find a way to turn myself into an anime character so I can date her. Ah, but alas, I see that visiting hours are over for me at Bellview (tm), so I must bid you all fairwell...
Old 2007-10-04, 16:12   Link #186
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onniguru View Post
Now all I have to do is find a way to turn myself into an anime character so I can date her. Ah, but alas, I see that visiting hours are over for me at Bellview (tm), so I must bid you all fairwell...
Write fanfiction?
Old 2007-10-04, 16:21   Link #187
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac Glycoside View Post
I prefer Keiichi and Mion because of the symmetry. Assuming Satoshi is alive and we have a happy ending, each Sonozaki twin can have her own bat-wielding psychopath. And all was in perfect harmony.
What a happy end that will be. Rika can have Satoko and Hanyuu (oh and Akasaka (who comes with Ooishi O_O)) like the pimp she is and Rena... ... I dunno! *hardcore Kei/Mion fan anyway thanks*
Old 2007-10-04, 16:23   Link #188
Seiryuu

Really I'm not at all surprised Mion left her gun in her pocket. It's for the same reason that Rena only used the back of her beloved cleaver. These kids don't want to kill unless they absolutely have to, and guns and oversized blades are too lethal to use without such necessity. That said, this was really the kids' greatest disadvantage. As many characters in fighting anime/manga/games have said, in a truly serious fight, if you don't proceed with the intent to kill, you won't win. They were limiting their weapons and shortening their strikes, while their enemies were going all-out for the fastest, most definite kill. There's no way to win like that unless the difference in your powers is comparable to the difference between Superman and a slug.
The color-blind thing doesn't really make sense to me. To my knowledge, color-blindness makes it impossible to tell red from green, but white should be easy to distinguish, so she shouldn't be mixed up.
Old 2007-10-04, 16:35   Link #189
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi no Hibi View Post
Rena... ... I dunno!
Kenta-kun, of course.
Old 2007-10-04, 16:41   Link #190
Rayneing
Trombe!

Spoiler for Mion's gun isn't real:

Higurashi manga ftw.

Also K1xMion is the true way to go.
Old 2007-10-04, 18:27   Link #191
Mashimaro
q8D

Spoiler for Epi14Preview:
Old 2007-10-04, 19:41   Link #192
Tengusoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirahira View Post
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE DO THIS? PLEASE?
seconded

of ourse he meant about the brocolli clip.
Old 2007-10-04, 19:58   Link #193
raikage
日本語を食べません!

The Yamainu falling all over Satoko's traps reminded me of something... but I can't quite place what it was...

Spoiler:

I don't know if I liked the "broccoli or cauliflower" question better as a random, completely out-of-left-field question (didn't know she was color-blind) or as a sadistic rub at her physical...disability? (knowing that she is colorblind).
Old 2007-10-04, 19:58   Link #194
BakaOnna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Really I'm not at all surprised Mion left her gun in her pocket. It's for the same reason that Rena only used the back of her beloved cleaver. These kids don't want to kill unless they absolutely have to, and guns and oversized blades are too lethal to use without such necessity. That said, this was really the kids' greatest disadvantage. As many characters in fighting anime/manga/games have said, in a truly serious fight, if you don't proceed with the intent to kill, you won't win. They were limiting their weapons and shortening their strikes, while their enemies were going all-out for the fastest, most definite kill. There's no way to win like that unless the difference in your powers is comparable to the difference between Superman and a slug.
The color-blind thing doesn't really make sense to me. To my knowledge, color-blindness makes it impossible to tell red from green, but white should be easy to distinguish, so she shouldn't be mixed up.
Colorblindness vary in degree, you know. It's not like everyone who's colorblind can't tell the difference between red/green. Red/green colorblindness is what most colorblind people have. It all depends on what part of the eyes are affected. And besides, I always thought cauliflower was slightly yellow. Green/yellow colorblindness doesn't strike me as that bizarre.
Old 2007-10-04, 21:55   Link #195
Aisling

I always figured Satoko stumbled over the question because, being colorblind, she might not know what "green" is without thinking a bit.
Old 2007-10-04, 22:02   Link #196
Cardiac Glycoside

There are many different types of colorblindness, but all of those are exceedingly rare in females. The frequency of it in males is already something like 1% of the male population but the frequency in females is a small fraction even of that. This is because it is a sex-linked recessive trait.

So I'm surprised that both Satoshi and Satoko both have colorblindness. The simplest way for that to happen is for both their parents to be colorblind.
Old 2007-10-05, 01:37   Link #197
Tengusoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac Glycoside View Post
There are many different types of colorblindness, but all of those are exceedingly rare in females. The frequency of it in males is already something like 1% of the male population but the frequency in females is a small fraction even of that. This is because it is a sex-linked recessive trait.

So I'm surprised that both Satoshi and Satoko both have colorblindness. The simplest way for that to happen is for both their parents to be colorblind.
pheew, good thing I learned about that genetic crap in the MGS board.
Old 2007-10-05, 03:32   Link #198
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Hmmm....I was really looking forward to this episode after being impressed with how the "Battle" was executed in the game and now I must say that I'm slightly disappointed but at the same time satisfied.

Yes I was really grateful they didn't pull the time stop which really confused me during the game, I was glad that Mion didn't go out like a coward of sorts like she did in the game, I loved how they kept Rena's brave last words to Takano exactly like it was from the game, I was even able to tolerate the fact that Takano let the surviving group run for her to take them out one by one leaving Shion,Rika and Satoko for last, the mood during the climax was pretty well done.

Most of all I was REALLY glad they kept Rika's determined words "If you want to kill me, do it without putting me to sleep. It's so I don't forget. I will carve your tearing open my stomach onto my soul. So that when we meet again I will remember that YOU ARE MY ENEMY."

But the only critical thing that I felt was missing during all of this was the 嘘
bgm that was playing during these scenes in the game. That bgm which was unfortunately not present in the anime, is what really got to you in those scenes and it really went along with Rika's words of determination. Even though I expected this to happen still it would have been a nice little bonus if they included it.

Despite that Nice episode though. It was nice seeing all of this in anime form and I'm looking forward to the final arc.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2007-10-05, 05:54   Link #199
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

This is reminiscent of the most intense moments of the first series, with all the sadistic displays of people at their worst. The difference is that, in this case, our antagonist wasn't at L5.

But holy crap, what an antagonist we have here? Who are the most evil antagonists in anime? Hamdo, Legato Bluesummers, Shishio, Gauron? Well, I think it's safe to say Takano deserves to be on that list. Never mind what she did to the kids (which was shocking to say the least), how many other anime antagonists have murdered two thousand people in cold blood? That was chilling to say the least.

But it somehow lacked suspense. I think Matrim nailed it... we knew this was going to happen, and these are characters that we've seen die before. But, while seeing Takano brutally murdering people got the blood burning, the chase leading up to that wasn't as thrilling as such chase scenes can and should be. And I thought the conversation between Rena and Takano was kind of tacky, to boot.

But geez, the scene where she killed Shion and Satoko... chilling, just chilling. That was the scene that had the biggest impact for me, since it was such a depraved act, and the total lack of hesitation shows just how sinister this woman is.

I am looking forward to the next eps, though, since I always find an analysis of such evil to be fascinating. I don't think these eps will try to get us to "sympathize" with Takano... I think this show is above that. I think the more likely (and better) course of action will be a pure analysis, with no particular angle of spotlight with which she is examined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archuka View Post
I didn't like this episode very much. The execution seemed clunky and the art took a few nasty dives. I was especially annoyed by the scenes where everyone just stood still and talked despite being chased by murderous bastards.
Yeah, I didn't approve of that either. That's one of the reasons why I thought the chase lacked suspense.
Old 2007-10-05, 06:27   Link #200
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
LOL TAKONO!!!! FTW!!!
I really like the episode were everyone never gave up hope. Man why must they limit the GORE! DAMN YOU AXE KILLING GIRL!!!!!!
Closed Thread