AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-02-15, 11:19   Link #21
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Orochimaru was never killed; but merely sealed in Itachi's weapon. It isn't far-stretch for him to eventually be freed from it.

and lol at Sasuke? Is that heat-seeking Amaterasus his Susano'o is firing.
Old 2012-02-15, 11:57   Link #22
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
why must kimish keep the 2 idiots around and not only that, but giving them something that will change the war....blah....kill them off already.
He most likely kept them around so he could use them to waste a few pages at random intervals in chapters.

This chapter felt like a filler, Sasuke has already said he wants to destroy Konoha. I don't think he'll end up fighting Naruto now...As someone said in last weeks thread. Naruto has been fighting for how long now? No way Kishi would start the battle now.

I think w/e the duo found in Oro's lair, they will show it to Sasuke, who will find out about Tobi's plan. Changing the War = killing Tobi. I'm sure Sasuke wouldn't want to live in an enless genjutsu where he won't be able to kill off everyone in Konoha and bring the uchiha back. Tobi's plans go against Sasukes.

Then again who knows. Get back to the Kage battle or Naruto vs Tobi.
Old 2012-02-15, 12:01   Link #23
ronin myael
lost ronin

after months of being free of sasuke, now we get a sasuke-centric chapter. i want to complain but i see kishi's point, he does need to bring sasuke back into the playing field. he's been out of commission for far too long. but i still couldn't bring myself to like the guy, even with his badass susanoo and all. kishi building up sasuke in this chapter is no less annoying. we know he's powerful kishi, we know that you want him to be naruto's biggest rival so if naruto is monstrously powerful now then he has to be more powerful than that, right? there are too many power-ups in this manga that i'm seriously doubting whether these ninja are still human or not.
Old 2012-02-15, 12:11   Link #24
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

I wonder if Susanoo can seal another Susanoo.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 12:32   Link #25
Sbetsho

Although it's a change in pace and focus, I wouldn't regard it as a weak chapter. Sure it's not so hyper exciting as the previous chapters, but sometimes it's needed and welcomed (at least for me).
Sbetsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 12:51   Link #26
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I am so hoping for Orochimaru's return. I want him to own so badly. Don't ask me how that's possible at this stage of the manga, it's possible somehow.
Old 2012-02-15, 13:12   Link #27
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Sasuke chapters with Sasuke aren't the problem. It's Sasuke chapters with Juugo, Suigestu, and Karin. Those other three make it feel like filler. Kishi wasted way too many pages on their nonsense. And sadly, those two clowns are going to be allowed to be lap dogs to Sasuke again because of that Orochimaru scroll. And Karin will also find them.

I am curious to what is in the scroll. I feel it is something we haven't seen before. And will allow Sasuke to be a factor in the war. At worst this allows Kishi to pad the manga some more.

Could anything come of Sasuke vs. Itachi? Just more talking. Sasuke is not going to change and probably will support Itachi defeating Kabuto. And Sasuke vs. the K12 is now pointless because he won't kill anyone until Naruto.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 13:18   Link #28
james0246

I liked Karin exaggerating her "condition" in order to trick the guards into complacency so that she could stage an escape. I also liked Suigetsu and Juugo's interaction, even if it is something we have seen before.

Sasuke's EMS was nice to look at and I can't wait to see what else it can do. Additionally, since emphasis was placed on a specific eye, I am forced to believe once again that Sasuke has a genjutsu eye similar to Itachi.

That being said, W.Zetsu being dead, and a potential new jutsu from Orochimaru really up the possibilities for future chapters.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 13:41   Link #29
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
and lol at Sasuke? Is that heat-seeking Amaterasus his Susano'o is firing.
Why heat-seeking? Those were Magatama projectiles like Madara and Itachi used except they were made with Enton instead of simple chakra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Additionally, since emphasis was placed on a specific eye, I am forced to believe once again that Sasuke has a genjutsu eye similar to Itachi.
I found that interesting too though probably not for the same reason. So what do you think of the fact that Sasuke once used the same Genjutsu with his other eye to force a Cloud ninja to disclose Killer Bee's location?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 13:49   Link #30
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I also liked Suigetsu and Juugo's interaction, even if it is something we have seen before
Yeah, in Scooby Doo. "Hey Scoob, I'm just going to rest my hand on this wall and..." *crash* "Zoinks! I found the villain's secret room and a clue!"
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 14:39   Link #31
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I am so hoping for Orochimaru's return. I want him to own so badly. Don't ask me how that's possible at this stage of the manga, it's possible somehow.
Soul shifts into Edo Madara and then he hurls snakes hurl meteors out of his mouth!

Quote:
I liked Karin exaggerating her "condition" in order to trick the guards into complacency so that she could stage an escape.
Not sure if she staged it all...but then again, Sasuke would kill her without a second thought, and she knows that. So why go find him? Karin's at the best stage to retire from the manga: prisoner who can't really do anything except maybe heal Naruto so that he can fight with Sasuke. Oh wait...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 15:15   Link #32
Ero-Senn1n

If Itachi is heading towards Kabuto and this chapter states that Sasuke is going in Itachi's direction then it really can be that Kabuto will try to capture Sasuke. In that case both Itachi and Tobi will want to save Sasuke from that mad scientist guy. Furthermore Kabuto will need all his power, so he will summon back to his location all his top Edo Tensei guys, including Edo-Madara. And that will be quite interesting, since apart from saving the 5 kages and Naruto it will also result in some new revelations about Tobi.

The two idiots (Jugo and Suigetsu) do not know that Sasuke does not care about them, so it might be that Karin will tell them the truth before they reach Sasuke. And of course they have not yet been converted to Narutism, so they will definitely be around until that happens.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 16:15   Link #33
Valky
Radioactive

Emo boy is back. Oh please, get back to Naruto vs Tobi already.
Old 2012-02-15, 16:40   Link #34
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
after months of being free of sasuke, now we get a sasuke-centric chapter. i want to complain but i see kishi's point, he does need to bring sasuke back into the playing field. he's been out of commission for far too long. but i still couldn't bring myself to like the guy, even with his badass susanoo and all. kishi building up sasuke in this chapter is no less annoying. we know he's powerful kishi, we know that you want him to be naruto's biggest rival so if naruto is monstrously powerful now then he has to be more powerful than that, right? there are too many power-ups in this manga that i'm seriously doubting whether these ninja are still human or not.
Well... they stopped being "ninja" years ago, so it's ok to stop thinking of them as "humans"
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 17:48   Link #35
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

So what exactly is happening with Itachi and Sasuke?

Sasuke said he was going to where Naruto was to kill him and the other Leaf Ninja but then he started thinking about Itachi and saying everything he sees is burned into his brother's eyes (whatever that means). Then they show Itachi.

I wonder what Suigetsu has discovered that makes him think he can take control over the war. Just when you think Orochimaru has become obsolete Kishimoto keeps bringing him up. I doubt we will see Orochimaru again but apparently he has left behind some useful things that are still relevant to the storyline.
Old 2012-02-15, 18:16   Link #36
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Emo boy is back.
This "emo boy" talk is wrong, emo boys don't do anything about their life, just whine and make sad faces or something Sasuke is doing something, even if it is some evil stuff

Too bad that the plot shields make his thinking strange, i mean why would an evil guy make a promise to the good guy that he won't kill his friends and allies before they fight. A real evil guy would want to kill Naruto's friend just to make him suffer before killing him.

It's interesting that Sasuke calls the masked man Tobi instead of Madara. Does he know something (he should know him as Madara) or suspect something, or is it just a plot hole?
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 19:58   Link #37
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post

I found that interesting too though probably not for the same reason. So what do you think of the fact that Sasuke once used the same Genjutsu with his other eye to force a Cloud ninja to disclose Killer Bee's location?
Maybe it is due to Itachi's genjutsu abilities then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Yeah, in Scooby Doo. "Hey Scoob, I'm just going to rest my hand on this wall and..." *crash* "Zoinks! I found the villain's secret room and a clue!"
Abbot and Costello (and others) did the same shtick 60+ years ago, and Chaplin (and others) did it 80+ years ago, etc. Doesn't matter if it is old as so long as it is still good, and it is still good.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 20:33   Link #38
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Lol, I wonder, is Itachi coming to Betch slap Sasuke? I hope so...

Also, mad points to Karin for being bad-ass; I wouldn't doubt it if she freed herself from prison and gave Naruto secret Sasuke-killing techniques. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
Old 2012-02-15, 23:03   Link #39
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
maybe karin isnt escaping to help sasuke, but to help naruto. as she did feel something warm from him.

i would hope she doesnt go back to sasuke like a sick puppy.
Old 2012-02-15, 23:24   Link #40
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

There's no way she'd go back to Sasuke; I hope she tries to kill him!

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion