AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2006-02-15, 11:16   Link #61
v1cious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop'
In the Japanese manga, she says something like "Sir yes sir, my masterrrrrr".
Simply ridiculous.
but it sounds so funny when she says it. reminds me of Excel for some reason
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 14:47   Link #62
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
You're entitled to you opinion but be careful, some of us like American comics.
Speaking of American comics, the movie Ultimate Avenger was great even though the age old question if anyone can truly beat Hulk is still remained unanswered.

Btw, I re-watched the first two episode of the Gonzo version, and I have to say, for all their faults because of their meddling nature with the story, they simply know music. OVA doesn't even come close in the music department when compared to the TV series.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 15:00   Link #63
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Speaking of American comics, the movie Ultimate Avenger was great even though the age old question if anyone can truly beat Hulk is still remained unanswered.
Say what? There are lots who could beat Hulk. Thread anyone?
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 15:13   Link #64
monir
cho~ kakkoii

All lies and propagandas designed by the Bush administration.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 16:17   Link #65
Snoop'

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Btw, I re-watched the first two episode of the Gonzo version, and I have to say, for all their faults because of their meddling nature with the story, they simply know music. OVA doesn't even come close in the music department when compared to the TV series.
I re-watched the TV episode when the little Integra meets Alucard for the first time. Even though OVA only presents this in the prologue, TV series beats it hands down. What I find very curious is that the OVA uses violin (like a good cliché horror film) when Alucard releases himself... Meh, those guy don't understand jack to music and style.

BTW have you noticed that little Integra's breasts are much bigger in the TV series ?
And why does her uncle say "Fräulein" ?? He's not German...
Snoop' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 16:59   Link #66
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
I re-watched the TV episode when the little Integra meets Alucard for the first time. Even though OVA only presents this in the prologue, TV series beats it hands down. What I find very curious is that the OVA uses violin (like a good cliché horror film) when Alucard releases himself... Meh, those guy don't understand jack to music and style.

BTW have you noticed that little Integra's breasts are much bigger in the TV series ?
Isn't Hellsing (The original Vampire Hunter) German? As in the movie Van Helsing

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 17:26   Link #67
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
Yes i did notice that Integra's breast being much biggeer then the tv, also that the tv series the vampire was not as much perverted as he was in the Ova.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 20:38   Link #68
Snoop'

The TV series censored the "Are you a virgin ?" of Alucard and replaced it by "Do you want to die know ?"
The OVA... well, they chose to show that explicitely ! (BTW do vampires have penises ?)
Old 2006-02-16, 00:51   Link #69
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
(BTW do vampires have penises ?)
Short answer: yes.

Long answer: yes.

They were all men once, so naturally they'd be fully equiped.

Anyway, I'm really hoping they elaborate in a later OVA on the meeting of Integral and Alucard. It's not like they couldn't work it in since they added the flashback of Seras' traumatic childhood into the first OVA.

@monir - I'd say Doomsday could do it, he did beat Superman pretty bad afterall.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 08:19   Link #70
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Anyway, I'm really hoping they elaborate in a later OVA on the meeting of Integral and Alucard. It's not like they couldn't work it in since they added the flashback of Seras' traumatic childhood into the first OVA.
Maybe the 2nd OVA will be full version of "master of monster" + "kill zone", maybe with a "cross fire" bonus. Then 3rd OVA would be "balance of power" + "elevator action".
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 08:33   Link #71
Snoop'

I'll kill myself if they put Cross Fire.
Gawd, this thing is so violently stupid...
Old 2006-02-16, 12:30   Link #72
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Is there an explanation somewhere about how Integra became a Knight? (Sir Integra).

Or do we just assume the Queen wavied the rules for her?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 15:05   Link #73
Kurapica

Just watched it and i have to say, my expectations were fulfilled. The first ep has got me hooked altough it covered most of the earlier series.

Alucard is still as badass as ever, same goes for Integra. Alex Anderson was cooler than in the tv-series, mostly due to better graphics, while I liked Seras Victorias earlier character design more. It's not so much her behaviour, she's still a great character, but her previous image (especially haircolour ) was nicer there. But that's just a minor flaw. The series' overall package is still badass. And I tend to like over-the-top humour.
Kurapica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 03:39   Link #74
Urban

I think it was mentioned in one of the manga's that it could be chalked up to Kohta Hirano misunderstood the British knighthood system since Integra would be a Dame (or was it the wiki...shrug). but eh, I still enjoyed the OVA and blah, I don't want to wait until April for the next one .
Urban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 03:41   Link #75
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Given that this one was delayed for three months, I'm expecting an equally lengthy delay for the second installment.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 00:20   Link #76
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Even if we have to wait, the OVA is still worth it.

*wait with tons of patience*

I think the next might be the Jan and Luke(gonna love the Harkonnen in action) raiding and the Millennium.
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 15:32   Link #77
Mega-Pimp
It's magic!

Hmm, Saw it.
It got great animations in some spots, while in others it feels abit...wrong...intentional maybe? Felt more low budget than artistic tough.
Mostly close up shots on Victoria and some other characters.

Otherwise it was very fast paced, nothing for those that haven't seen the old TV show(well, the parts that stick to the manga more or less...) or read the manga.
I felt stressed when watching, jumping from one big battle to the next while throwing in characters and story here and there(I know what's going on, but it's still way too fast).

Especially Victoria felt...poorly done, *bitten* here's your uniform, now go kill some zombies! "Yes sir!".

It was like watching the 0079 Gundam movies, but in 50 min instead

Still great stuff, can't wait for the next one
Mega-Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 13:33   Link #78
Yorae_paladin1

Alucard yes maybe savage monster but in the manga he has great respect and admiration for human beings but has his own version of what is a human being.

Spoiler:

simply put alucard is savage but not mindless he is very wise.
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 16:22   Link #79
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Given that this one was delayed for three months, I'm expecting an equally lengthy delay for the second installment.
Yup, in fact, the latest news now is "Early Summer". Looks like a pattern...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 20:54   Link #80
Ky-66
Nuclear Trance

Quote:
Yep. A vampire can only turn a virgin-human of the opposite sex into a vampire. Any other conditions creates ghouls instead.

That's the explanation for why Vampires aren't all over the world; adult virgins whom a vampire would consider attractive enough (Vampires are picky about making partners) to be invited into vampirism are few and far between, limiting their population growth.
Actually, not to be nitpicky or anything, Alucard and Seras are the only vampires(with the possible exception of the priest from cheddar) that werent created by millenium/ with millenium. Millenium created vampires using some as yet to be revealed method but a downside is that they cant make new vampires from people they bite. Furthermore to add to the possibilities the actual lines that refer to this in Chapter 1 supposedly say Draculs/Draculinas not vampires(though I havent read it myself). Duane Johnson from Dark Horse messes up the translations quite a bit. This would mean that vampires from draculas blood follow these rules though not necessarily others (such as "she" from Hellsing: The Dawn). Of course it could mean absolutely nothing and you could be absolutely right.

Quote:
I think it was mentioned in one of the manga's that it could be chalked up to Kohta Hirano misunderstood the British knighthood system since Integra would be a Dame (or was it the wiki...shrug). but eh, I still enjoyed the OVA and blah, I don't want to wait until April for the next one .
While its possible, there is much more speculation that he does it on purpose. I mean if you analyze all of his female characters, they dont really fit the general perception of females(always strong, sometimes psychotic women). Except for Rip... she was milleniums sacrifice to alucard.

Quote:
Yeah it confused me a bit too. Maybe he was under the influence of millenium?

BTW hellsing is dutch not german. Van not Von(hes not a junker).

Quote:
Alex Anderson was cooler than in the tv-series
I have a feeling your opinion will change by ova 8...

-
As for the My Masterrrr line I thought it to be alright, along with andersons Dust to Dust. For the rest of Andersons Engrish I cant vouch. Would have been better to leave it in Latin.

Hirano is very bad about keeping constant boob size. In fact there are two panels on two adjoined pages where Seras is shown but her boobs change size dramatically. Its been getting continuously better in terms of consistency since volume 2 though.

I think the humor was an integral part of the manga, and it lends itself pretty well in the OVA. Not necessary, but nice to know its there.

Quote:
I'll kill myself if they put Cross Fire.
Gawd, this thing is so violently stupid...
Hirano himself said that crossfire isnt cannon. Heinkel is transgender in the manga, female in crossfire...

Quote:
Especially Victoria felt...poorly done, *bitten* here's your uniform, now go kill some zombies! "Yes sir!".
I felt that rush. It was different when watching the anime because it was split up into episodes and focused a lot more on Seras... heck in the manga we dont know her name until the last chapter. Regardless manga/ova seras is a much more interesting character.

Hmm... just felt like posting, been spending too much time on a certain hellsing forum.
Ky-66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, seinen