Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-09-22, 22:33   Link #1101
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1
Nothing ever so ugly can be funny. Ever.
coughACGUYcough.
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 21:55   Link #1102
cloudedge

Thought I'd share some picture I took in Bandai Musuem... ^^

Spoiler:
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 23:44   Link #1103
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

It thought the Matsudo branch has already ended it's operations?
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 04:39   Link #1104
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 05:14   Link #1105
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Someone has to plonk Ouran Haruhi's head onto that body.

Last edited by dodgethis_sg; 2006-09-24 at 05:32.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 11:46   Link #1106
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
@ Demongod86

When I said I liked the cosplay Lacus cosplay as the best, I meant that in terms of the costume she wore: the swirly thingamajigs of the edges of Lacus' Moon Goddess gown was somehow captured on this one. And it had also somehow captured the essence of Lacus' gown. Take note that I am not in any her fan except for her fashion sense (sometimes). So it is saying a lot coming from me.

I don't have anything against cosplayers. If they look good, then all and well. If they don't...well, it's not for us to decide anyway. Lots of love and work had gone into each of their "artworks" and because they're proud of them, they have every right to show them off. It's just unfortunate that they don't look that hot. But that's just a mere technicality. I was under the impression that their looks aren't the basis of judgment here. It's how they faithfully represented the character they went dressed up as. But maybe it's just probably me.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 12:02   Link #1107
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper
@ Demongod86

When I said I liked the cosplay Lacus cosplay as the best, I meant that in terms of the costume she wore: the swirly thingamajigs of the edges of Lacus' Moon Goddess gown was somehow captured on this one. And it had also somehow captured the essence of Lacus' gown. Take note that I am not in any her fan except for her fashion sense (sometimes). So it is saying a lot coming from me.

I don't have anything against cosplayers. If they look good, then all and well. If they don't...well, it's not for us to decide anyway. Lots of love and work had gone into each of their "artworks" and because they're proud of them, they have every right to show them off. It's just unfortunate that they don't look that hot. But that's just a mere technicality. I was under the impression that their looks aren't the basis of judgment here. It's how they faithfully represented the character they went dressed up as. But maybe it's just probably me.
The point of cosplaying IMO is to LOOK LIKE THE CHARACTER YOU'RE COSPLAYING. It's not just a halloween costume. A fat Mia is NOT. Nor is an ugly lacus. If you wanna do Lacus justice, then you gotta look something like the only girl that CAN cosplay her correctly--Adella.
Old 2006-09-24, 12:57   Link #1108
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Hey, maybe the cosplayers just want to dress up in the same custom as lacus, not necessarily to become meer-like in the obsession of being lacus. At least respect their dignity.
Old 2006-09-24, 14:38   Link #1109
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper
@ Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
The point of cosplaying IMO is to LOOK LIKE THE CHARACTER YOU'RE COSPLAYING. It's not just a halloween costume. A fat Mia is NOT. Nor is an ugly lacus. If you wanna do Lacus justice, then you gotta look something like the only girl that CAN cosplay her correctly--Adella.
For this discussion, I have to agree with both of you. When I look at the cosplayers, two things affect my judgement of them: their resemblence of the character they are cosplaying and the technicality of their costume. That means, that when I look at a cosplayer, if he or she looks like the character (body, skin color and other stuff), its okay for me. If the costume is highly technical, I approve of that, even if the person doesn't look like the character at all.

So right now only Adella, IMO, applies the physical part and the technical part of a good cosplayer. But as some people should know, many of the cosplayers fits neither into the categories I've mentioned.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 16:03   Link #1110
cloudedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg
It thought the Matsudo branch has already ended it's operations?
Yes it had. It closed down on September 1st. These picture was taken on August 30 ^^; It's a shame it's closed down... but there is a rumor that they'll rebuild a Gundam Museum... I certain hope so
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 22:08   Link #1111
Akyra

Actually...there are some nice Lacus cosplays over in the gotwoot forums...

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread...hlight=cosplay

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread...hlight=cosplay
Akyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 22:13   Link #1112
anselfir
Style Über Alles

omg that cagalli cosplayer is hot.
Old 2006-09-25, 04:55   Link #1113
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
If you wanna do Lacus justice, then you gotta look something like the only girl that CAN cosplay her correctly--Adella.
Except that Adella doesn't have the nose of a dolphin, saucer eyes or monkey ears like Lacus and the other CE women do.

Just shut up and GTFO. I don't like cosplay particularly much, but I will not stand by idly while you spew your idiotic garbage. No one CAN look like like an anime character sans a mask, and what's supposed to be judged is the likeliness of the costume and the behaviour, NOT how pretty someone is. Grow the fuck up.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 06:07   Link #1114
ekirts

something random i found when i was looking for a PV on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGiLZ0Yiudc
ekirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 10:39   Link #1115
azizol_shahrir

Send a message via ICQ to azizol_shahrir Send a message via MSN to azizol_shahrir Send a message via Yahoo to azizol_shahrir
azizol_shahrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 11:33   Link #1116
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
How very amusing of you to claim that only Adella can cosplay her correctly. IMO, she looks hideous in the outfit. Although I do admit, she is not ungly enough to have me barf today's breakfast and yesterday's dinner out.

I've never been a fan of cosplay, because most of them stink. And the good ones are few and far in between. Moreover, nobody can ever look like an anime character, so get over it.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 12:18   Link #1117
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Except that Adella doesn't have the nose of a dolphin, saucer eyes or monkey ears like Lacus and the other CE women do.

Just shut up and GTFO. I don't like cosplay particularly much, but I will not stand by idly while you spew your idiotic garbage. No one CAN look like like an anime character sans a mask, and what's supposed to be judged is the likeliness of the costume and the behaviour, NOT how pretty someone is. Grow the fuck up.
WHat about Man-Faye? Actually there are some cosplayers that ALMOST PERFECTLY fit the character by appearance. Like the AC Tifa in the three-point-landing pose, and Adella's Aeris compared to the AC one.

So yes, you CAN look like an anime character--turned real.
Old 2006-09-25, 12:19   Link #1118
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by azizol_shahrir
If shrapnel can aim, why can't she?
Old 2006-09-25, 13:57   Link #1119
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 14:36   Link #1120
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:
If shrapnel can aim, why can't she?
she can aim, kira dosen't.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor, images