AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-04-24, 04:00   Link #61
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by p997tt View Post
I was wondering how do you get the shield for Scrin's Tripod and their air units? When I play campaign mode, sometimes I see a shield around the CPU Scrin's units. But when I play, after I built all the structures I still couldn't find a way to use the shield?
You get those by upgrading the ForceField generators from the Technology Assembler.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 04:32   Link #62
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

I see, thanks. I will give it a try next time.
p997tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 10:26   Link #63
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike420 View Post
o well hopefully the 360 version is playable with a controller
360 version controls fine
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 19:28   Link #64
Spike420
AbaraiRenjis doppleganger

lol thats also what i heard about battle for middle earth and half the time i wanna throw the controller at the screen
Spike420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 19:30   Link #65
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
lol thats also what i heard about battle for middle earth and half the time i wanna throw the controller at the screen
I played both versions on PC and 360(for both BFMEII and C & C), and I had no problem with the 360 controls. To each his own I guess.

Friend of mine had the same problem as you with the controls. However, he ended up kicking his 360, and well, that was the end of that chapter :P

Hopefully that won't be the case for you, I hope

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-04-24 at 19:58.
Old 2007-04-25, 03:49   Link #66
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Change Preview..
  • Scrin
    Almost nothing.. most likely the harversters will loose their ion storm on death thing. One of the reasons being they're a little overpowar'd with all of they're other abilities, like healing-while-in-tiberium.

• Nod
    Flame tank getting uber damage buff, supposedly, then, sorps getting damage decrese, almost everything else getting 'small' damage buff, and the avatar is going to be cheaper.

• GDI
    FoxHoles are going to get cheaper, they are going to be faster to build and they are going to have 2 slots. (yay!) The Firehauk will, supposedly, now fire all it's rockets in one go.. and the mamoth will suffer some minor anti-air decrese and some minor time to build increse.

• Other/General
    The economy boom is going to be lowered a bit and there's going to be less emphessis on controlling just every patch of tiberium on the map.

This is nor final nor 100% accurate,
This is also, supposedly, the tip of the iceberg in changes.
On another note.
For all of you that hate tank spam.. know that, well, it was kind of intended to exist.
Or at least, lets say, they were fully aware it would happen.
Old 2007-04-25, 21:07   Link #67
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Change Preview..
  • Scrin
    Almost nothing.. most likely the harversters will loose their ion storm on death thing. One of the reasons being they're a little overpowar'd with all of they're other abilities, like healing-while-in-tiberium.

• Nod
    Flame tank getting uber damage buff, supposedly, then, sorps getting damage decrese, almost everything else getting 'small' damage buff, and the avatar is going to be cheaper.

• GDI
    FoxHoles are going to get cheaper, they are going to be faster to build and they are going to have 2 slots. (yay!) The Firehauk will, supposedly, now fire all it's rockets in one go.. and the mamoth will suffer some minor anti-air decrese and some minor time to build increse.

• Other/General
    The economy boom is going to be lowered a bit and there's going to be less emphessis on controlling just every patch of tiberium on the map.

This is nor final nor 100% accurate,
This is also, supposedly, the tip of the iceberg in changes.
On another note.
For all of you that hate tank spam.. know that, well, it was kind of intended to exist.
Or at least, lets say, they were fully aware it would happen.

good info.

Also, tank spam? Pshhh!! Who needs tanks when you got 20 squads of zone troopers?
Old 2007-04-26, 06:42   Link #68
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
good info.

Also, tank spam? Pshhh!! Who needs tanks when you got 20 squads of zone troopers?
Thing is - you can start building tanks way earlier than Zone Troopers.

Nice info there, Akira-sam... i mean Cats

Thats some very nice upgrade for the Firehawk. They are already very good as AA defense, with this they get a nice survivability buff - usually they get shot down while doing their circles to fire all the missiles

Harvester nerf for Scrin.... ... somehow, i don't think that harvesters are the biggest problem when i face Scrin Oh well...

Damage nerf for scorps... i don't think it was called for :S But we will see...
Flame tanks - rarely use them , so i don't care much. They handled infantry very well as it were, and they are still going to be useless against tanks. So...bleh.

Cost reduce on Avatar is very welcomed - no way was that thing worth 3000$+1000$ for the vehicle you "strip". I just hope it is a noticable decrease (I think 2000$ would be just right for it...considering that Mamoth costs 2200$, and is way better than Avatar).

At any rate - nothing will beat tank spam in the end either way (Though if the scorps get the nerf bat, it will mean a nerf for the tank-spam for NOD overall.)

Either way - looking towards the changes.
Old 2007-04-26, 10:52   Link #69
Grauth
Curtain Owner

Same old...

I must agree with what have been said earlier - that the game seems to be aimed for people who allready have played the previous Tiberian games. Nothing new really, just some minor changes. Gotta love the film-clips between the missions thought - extremly entertaining.
Grauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 11:57   Link #70
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Skyfall"Thing is - you can start building tanks way earlier than Zone Troopers."
You can - but I can also build 100ds of rocketeers.
Also by the time your to my base I have at least one sonic cannon.
Going infantry is practically a Tech Rush.
With a GDI tech rush I can take on the brunt of 2 brutal steam rollers.. for a decent amount of time.
Can you really pump out more tanks then them, even considering they also pump out a ton of rocketeers.
I won't lie you have to macro manage things a little,
They won't last long withought some attention.
But even so~ I like this stratagy more then a pred spam.

It's quite a neat stratagy. When I build the war factory - if I ever do in the game - I'm already Tier 3 so I can imidiatly start pumping mammoths. But I prefer massing Zone Trupers and Roketeers. I love to pwn Scrins super pathethic anti-infantry.
Old 2007-04-27, 14:19   Link #71
Spike420

Did the 360 version come out yet and if so has any one played it im tempted to download the demo but ....really don't have money to buy the game right now so i don't wanna tease myself ^_^
Old 2007-04-27, 14:57   Link #72
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Did the 360 version come out yet and if so has any one played it im tempted to download the demo but ....really don't have money to buy the game right now so i don't wanna tease myself ^_^
comes out May 10th I believe, well here in the States that is.
Old 2007-04-27, 21:30   Link #73
solo

come and play

i would like all of you to come and play with me and my friends

we use a vpn software called hamachi

we are havin fun

http://www.planethamachi.com

come and join my networks or their networks,

cnc3 online pass: fun

cnc3 online1

cnc3_1V1_1 pass: cnc

cnc3_1V1_2

come and lets play
solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 16:26   Link #74
Spike420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
comes out May 10th I believe, well here in the States that is.

Yep im here in the states u going to be getting the 360 version i need some one to help kill with...i rember back in the general days playing 3v3 with my bro and alwase haveing to kill are teamate couse they stole resources... 4v2's where fun speccially when where telling are enemies where killing are partner and they still couldent touch us ^_^
Old 2007-05-01, 14:26   Link #75
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Yep im here in the states u going to be getting the 360 version i need some one to help kill with...i rember back in the general days playing 3v3 with my bro and alwase haveing to kill are teamate couse they stole resources... 4v2's where fun speccially when where telling are enemies where killing are partner and they still couldent touch us ^_^
Yeah, I'll probably be renting the 360 version when it comes out. I don't mind playing some matches with you, not that good at it yet though :P

No idea how much i will be able to play online though, Halo 3 Beta starts around that time you know
Old 2007-05-02, 08:20   Link #76
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I may not be an RTS expert, but one thing that captivates me about the C&C series is their live-action FMVs. Just seeing Billy Dee Williams appear as another character besides Lando Calrissian is refreshing (not to mention the second Star Wars actor to appear in a C&C game after James Earl Jones), and it feels surreal having to be briefed by Josh "Sawyer" Holloway from Lost.

Anyway, it's been years since I last touched a C&C game, (the last being Red Alert 2) and I'm still not used to right-clicking to execute a command instead of the old-style of left-clicking to do so. It just feels "Blizzard-ized", if you ask me. Apart from that, it's a great game.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 19:04   Link #77
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

I always get the blue screen error after 3-5 seconds into on of those FMVs (driver_irql_not_less_or_equal). I did a search on google and it seems like there are different causes and in my case I think it's because of the lack of RAM in my computer.

That means all I could do was skip all movies right when they start playing so it won't crash my computer. I bought my copy from EB games so I'm quite sure it's not the problem of the DVD.

Anyway I agree with the right clicking thing. I was so used to left clicking in all previous C&C that I had quite a bit of trouble even just moving my units around at the start.

I wonder did anyone manage to beat a steamroller brutal AI in a one on one match? The game manual mentions that brutal AI has double income, but I think there must be more like shorter build time. I had a FFA game with 2 steamroller AI (I was Scrin, the other two were GDI and Nod). GDI beat Nod and then came rushing to my side with 30 tanks, whole bunch of infantries plus an army of Orcas from all different sides. I was like Even if I had my base well setup, there's still no way I could defend that.

But there was a time when I was playing against a brutal AI, I managed to kill about 20 Tripods with one blast from the Mothership ...I still lost that match though since the AI still had 40 units coming to my base.
p997tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 18:12   Link #78
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

I also love Command and Conquer 3. I hope I'm gonna play it!

I'm neither GDI nor Nod nor Scrin. I like them both.

p997tt: If ur OS is Windows XP, it should be 512 MB RAM. If ur OS is Windows Vista, the RAM is should be 1 GB.
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 11:50   Link #79
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The ol' CnC mouse behaviour is comming back in patch 1.05, so just wait a lil' p9.
----------------------------------------------------------
Concerning the AI.
1. Brutal GDI Steamroller are the thoughest by far.
2. You can not beat them on incy wincy maps, like most 1on1 maps out there.
Old 2007-05-04, 18:37   Link #80
problemedchild
ô_ô

You can beat a Brutal AI by exploiting the fact that they rarely build air units and you can blow up the bridge on a few maps. >_>;

Of course, that resulted in a 40 carrier vs 40 carrier match up that ended badly for me since I was at 1 FPS for quite a bit of that fight. That's with a 8800 GTX too ;_;
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote