Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-06, 20:32   Link #1
ShinjiMuaddib
Demon Seeker

Send a message via AIM to ShinjiMuaddib
The 4th Jutsu [Episode 72 and 73]

The 3rd uses the Sealing Technique the 4th used on the Nine Tails Fox demon to seal Oro and the 1st and 2nd Hokage. Did anyone notice the seals on the 3rd stomach is the same as on Naruto? So if you seal that persons soul inside your body doesnt that mean the 4th sealed the Nine Tails inside himself? Could a side effect of having the demon inside you mean that "death" could not devour your soul but devour your identity???
ShinjiMuaddib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 20:44   Link #2
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
This is a very simple question, actually

When using the Shiki Fuujin, other than sealing the soul of the enemy in your own body, you can manage to seal it in another body. The 4th Hokage decided to seal Kyuubi's soul within Naruto, instead of sealing Kyuubi within himself. Even though, since it was the 4th who performed the jutsu, it was him who paid the price with his own life.

Why the 4th decided to seal Kyuubi within Naruto instead of sealing it within himself? Nobody knows- maybe it's a proof that Kyuubi really escapes the body of his "prison" after this "prison" (now Naruto) dies. So Kyuubi would instantanelly escape after the 4th died, that's may be why he decided to seal it within Naruto. But of course, this paragraph is just speculation.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 20:49   Link #3
Coder8
CommanderBunBun

I lean more to the thought that the 4th saw a great tool possible being made from this.
He also must have a great deal of trust in Naruto and his inherint personality to grant someone that much power.
________
Video Reviews

Last edited by Coder8; 2011-05-14 at 03:29.
Coder8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 21:49   Link #4
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
This is a very simple question, actually

When using the Shiki Fuujin, other than sealing the soul of the enemy in your own body, you can manage to seal it in another body. The 4th Hokage decided to seal Kyuubi's soul within Naruto, instead of sealing Kyuubi within himself. Even though, since it was the 4th who performed the jutsu, it was him who paid the price with his own life.

Why the 4th decided to seal Kyuubi within Naruto instead of sealing it within himself? Nobody knows- maybe it's a proof that Kyuubi really escapes the body of his "prison" after this "prison" (now Naruto) dies. So Kyuubi would instantanelly escape after the 4th died, that's may be why he decided to seal it within Naruto. But of course, this paragraph is just speculation.
This isn't a very simple question at all actually ^^

Nobody knows for sure how this jutsu work, we absolutely don't know if the user can transmit the seal or if Naruto is some kind of reincarnation (ie W&C theory of Dranz) or a clone (ie W&C theory of Hunter) or whatever of the 4th.

The fact is that in a normal case the 2 souls, those of the user and his opponent, continue to fight and suffer for all eternity into the belly of the God of Death.

So the question is : What the fuck does the soul of the Kyubi does into Naruto?
And the wise man answers : The Hell if I know...
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 21:54   Link #5
raikage
日本語を食べません!

If the Kyuubi is immortal, the Death God may not be able to eat it.

I doubt the Yondaime would use the opportunity to create a weapon for the village. Just look at how Gaara turned out.

Add that to the fact that the Kyuubi can escape at any time to become a threat once again, and the theory kind of falls flat. Good thinking, though.

However, we don't know the Yondaime or the way he thinks. If he's a 'military power' kind of guy, then it's possible he intentionally decided to leave the Kyuubi alive.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 21:59   Link #6
Coder8
CommanderBunBun

Question remains tho....Why did he pick naruto?
We dont know enough behind his story to make a conclusion.
Maybe naruto is his son? the son of some great ninja or the son of a freind of the 4th.
He would be relying on the personality of naruto to be good.
Also Jiraiya says "Time to see if this power is really meant for this kid"
Meaning putting kyuubi in naruto wasnt just a random chance,there was a method behind it.
Sealing him up in naruto for his lifespan just to have him out doesnt sound like something a hokage would do. There is a reason behind it.
________
Bacardia

Last edited by Coder8; 2011-05-14 at 03:29.
Coder8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 22:12   Link #7
ShinjiMuaddib
Demon Seeker

The 3rd holds high respect for the 4th so i am guessing the 4th isnt a military kinda guy. Jiraiya does mention something aobut Naruto and Yondaime. Itachi later one also mentions soemthing.
Old 2004-03-06, 22:16   Link #8
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Itachi mentions 'the 4ths inheritence', the sealed kyubi, basically.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 23:40   Link #9
A Lamer
あほぉ&

this thread is semi spoilerific.

I now make a new theory: The fourth was able to change the 2 souls from going to the death god, to going to naruto. So somewhere deep down inside, naruto also has the soul of the 4th, he just doesnt know its there, and he hasnt shown himself. I dont really like the thought of reincarnation or cloning, so thats my theory. *Carves it onto hunter-san's skull*
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 23:52   Link #10
DarkNasuke

I aggree with coder I think naruto is the 4th's son and he probably believed that kyubi's power could protect the village, after all the jutsu is supposed to let naruto's and kyubi's chakra blend together. Thats why he sealed kyubi in Naruto
DarkNasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 00:21   Link #11
ShinjiMuaddib
Demon Seeker

I really do think that Naruto is the 4th and that using that Jutsu had a side effect and turned him abck into a child like state. Reincarnation is a Buddhist belief and so are a lot of the instory thigns like Chakra and so on...
Old 2004-03-07, 00:46   Link #12
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
i just posted this a second ago.. to many threads pertaining to the same thing..but here we go .... i believe that naruto is the son of the 4th but who knows, NOT ME. Where did u get that the technique of the 4ths can be changed to put the soul into sum1 else ??? i never ever read that in the manga .. and it never said that so far in the anime..that is maybe yur thinking ..and also my thinkin ..even though i agree with it, there is no basis on it to say it is fact. THis last episode where it shows the seal appear on the 4ths stomach i think gives more power possibley to dranz and hunters thinkings about naruto being a reincarnation or a speical type of replication. but if it was a replication ..how could the lil baby naruto be able to get close enuff to kyuubi for the god of death to take kyuubi... i would of emagined that the 4th and the god of death would have takin a lil while to get the soul of kyuubi ... it seemed like it was hard for the 3rd to even get half of oro's , but also the 3rd was close to dieing becuase of the sword and also i believe from the god of death. If i had to pick between those 2 theories of hunter or dranz.. i would pick reincarnation over the replication because maybe reincarnated becuase possibley the kyuubi couldnt die...but who knows... sure as hell isnt' me
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 02:18   Link #13
Yondaime
4th Hokage 四代目火影

I think Naruto is the 4th's son as well If Naruto was the reincarnation of the 4th (which he cant be cuz naruto was born already ) or the "ultimate kage bunshin" he would look like this http://dr.light.freeservers.com/One%...0Team%2001.jpg not like this http://dr.light.freeservers.com/Naru...umaki%2007.jpg Also if Naruto wasn't important or related to someone important then why would the 3rd/4th (dunno which is holding him) be holding him here http://dr.light.freeservers.com/Naru...by%29%2002.jpg I think people hating him stems from everyone's loss due to the Kyubi and thus they resent Naruto even if he was the son of a fallen Hokage (which they may not know about ) Plus if he was the reincarnation of Yondaime or Yondaime himself I'm sure the Kyubi would have chewed him out when Naruto talked to the Kyubi the first time asking for "power" Anyways my bet is on the Father/Son relationship but of course I'll be interested to see what happens

- Yondaime

- Umineko no naku koro ni

Last edited by Yondaime; 2004-03-07 at 04:25.
Yondaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 06:05   Link #14
m8-

It has been said by the 3rd that the 4th wanted the villagers to see Naruto as a hero. He could've been frightened about sealing Kyuubi inside him, because he will die already and Kyuubi might release, or, the 4th might have been thinking that sealing Kyuubi inside him will be a waste of great power, so he sealed it within Naruto in order to give him strength to protect Konoha
m8- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 07:08   Link #15
Jn183

Well, I don't know about Kyubi escaping if the 4th die. I mean wouldn't that be stupid jutsu then??? Oro would escape once 3rd die. So no point in doing that jutsu. I don't think Kyubi is more powerful than death also. If it's then it would have escape long time ago. What I mean is that, when Naruto still a baby that would be the perfect chance to take over since Naruto's body is still weak. I don't think the jutsu would make kyubi lose all his power. It just seal him and cause him to lose his body. Therefore, no excuse of him being temporary weak. Naruto prove that by using Kyubi's chakra. So, Kyubi is inferior to the sealing jutsu just like any creature which mean Kyubi could die. So, now to the part, WHERE is the 4th soul since both of them suppose to be together. Maybe, Kyubi erase the 4th soul. *GASP* So, maybe once you do that jutsu then you would just be like a zombie, a body with no mind since no soul. The 3rd comes in and do a forbidden jutsu to somewhat keep something of the 4th from disappearing. Well, typing all this bs is just to come to agreement with W&C theory of Dranz-san-Reincarnation.

Last edited by Jn183; 2004-03-07 at 07:25.
Jn183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 08:26   Link #16
Sethi
StormRider

Well Kyubi itself said that the seal "was a detestable seal", but just because the seal holds Kyubi that doesn't mean the Kyubi can be killed thus we don't know if Kyubi is mortal or immortal, i personally think it can die, Kyubi even said to Naruto "if you die i die as well is it" so i think Kyubi can die.
About the 4th theory, i don't think Naruto is some reincarnation of the 4th because if that was the case then the Villagers wouldn't hate him at all because they would see him as the hero who sacrificed himself to safe the village, i do think the 4th sealed Kyubi inside Naruto, offering is soul to the Death God and putting Kyubi Soul inside Naruto, meaning Kyubi soul is in Naruto and the 4th soul is in the belly of death, that is the reason why he is so admired he gave he's life just to seal Kyubi in a body while is soul is in an eternal torment. Now as for the reason why he putted the soul of Kyubi in Naruto is beyond me, i don't think he did because of something like "he could become a great ninja" because the 4th seemed to have same personality has the sandaime so he wouldn't sacrifice anyone like that and take such a heavy risk like Kyubi controlling Naruto or something like that, perhaps Death could not eat Kyubi or refused to eat it, i mean Kyubi probably is the most powerful demon.
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 08:54   Link #17
jazmon
Legendary Sannins.

Send a message via ICQ to jazmon Send a message via MSN to jazmon Send a message via Yahoo to jazmon
the reason why the 4th did not seal within him is not because when he dies kyuubi will be release. if that is so, kyuubi wouldnt have lend his power to naruto and just let him die.( quite a few times he would have die without kyuubi's power) then he would be able to be released. but the fact that kyuubi lends him that is cuz he didnt want his container to die which also end up ending his life.

i've read this somewhere and it sounds believable to me. the reason 4th seal within naruto and not let god of death devour him is becuase he is immortal and god of death doesnt have that kind of appetite.

Last edited by jazmon; 2004-03-07 at 09:19.
jazmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 09:38   Link #18
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

I think the reason is that the 4th couldn't seal the fourth.
Spoiler:
We know that Kyubi is the strongest being alive so he just couldn't take him with him and he also knew it so he sealed him in Naruto.
Old 2004-03-07, 11:52   Link #19
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
this thread is semi spoilerific.

I now make a new theory: The fourth was able to change the 2 souls from going to the death god, to going to naruto. So somewhere deep down inside, naruto also has the soul of the 4th, he just doesnt know its there, and he hasnt shown himself. I dont really like the thought of reincarnation or cloning, so thats my theory. *Carves it onto hunter-san's skull*
This is a very well known and possible theory too, once again nobody knows ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yondaime
If Naruto was [...] the "ultimate kage bunshin" he would look like this not like this
You do have a point for the anime ^^
But in the manga, there is only a very little difference between their faces, or between the face of the 4th and Jiraiya btw (erease the feature under his eyes and they're like twins) and it's the same with at least 3 others characters.

The fact is that the draw of Kishimoto makes the characters very similar.
That's why he adds so many features or tatoo on their faces, if not you would never know who is who.

And that's why the argument that 4th is Naruto's father just because they look like each other is a little weak

Quote:
Also if Naruto wasn't important or related to someone important then why would the 3rd/4th (dunno which is holding him) be holding him here
He's important, he has the Kyubi inside him (besides the 'all the members of the Leaf are my family blahblahblah').

Quote:
Plus if he was the reincarnation of Yondaime or Yondaime himself I'm sure the Kyubi would have chewed him out when Naruto talked to the Kyubi the first time asking for "power"
The Kyubi tried to chewed him, he just couldn't do it because of the seal.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 18:16   Link #20
Yondaime
4th Hokage 四代目火影

Hunter I meant not chewed out literally lmao I meant Kyubi would chew him out (as in yell at him) if he was the 4th by saying "how dare you seal me", "You actually think I'll lend power to YOU?!?", "blah blah blah", "Accursed human!!", "blah blah blah" hehe The scene with the Hokage and baby Naruto we dont know if its before or after the sealing but in this pic http://dr.light.freeservers.com/Naru...by%29%2002.jpg Naruto looks really "newborn" all wrapped up with short short hair, and rosey cheeks where as in the pic of him as a baby receiving the seal http://dr.light.freeservers.com/Naru...by%29%2001.jpg he seems a little older and a little bigger and he has a good chunk of hair on his head, which makes me think the first pic of the Hokage (be it 3rd of 4th) holding him was before the sealing showing that he was important even without being the container of the Kyubi Anyways I believe Naruto most likely has a relation to the 4th and I like the idea of Naruto being the 4th's son However I guess we'll have to just wait and see where they go with it

- Yondaime

- Umineko no naku koro ni
Yondaime is offline   Reply With Quote