AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 109 Rating
Perfect 10 11 20.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 35.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 16.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.66%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-01, 14:55   Link #101
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
A lot of jumping around here. They brought the sealed monsters with them, that was crazy. I did like how we found out what happened to them though. I thought they were still fighting it out. But it's Rafaela & Clare vs. Priscilla. I think if no one interferes, they'll be locked up together forever.

And it's not Teresa. We will never see Teresa ever again.

Did anyone else catch Deneve's side-boob? Haha, Yagi putting some service in now.

My big concern is Raki. I think he has something implanted or grafted to his back. I wish I knew what those SFX were on that page though...
Need time to ponder this myself, so for the moment just reposting some old theories. I've had two theories with Raki a long time ago... one was Clare awakening affected him and the other was his time in the prison was the org starting to process of turning him into a yoma.

I've also heard Priscilla stuck just enough of her flesh inside of him to negate the effects of the rods but not make him an AF.
Old 2010-11-01, 14:56   Link #102
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

How could galatea miss the connection clare had to priscilla?
She simply had to remember why clare went suddenly nuts when riful was talking about the awakened being which teamed up with isley.
IMO yagi made a mistake here, galatea sama is not that stupid. She must know by now that this awakened being is the one horned monster and did something to clare which was such terrible that clare devoted her life to take revenge on that ab.
At least she recognised that miria wasn't fit for battle any more. I find deneve went to hard on miria.
Miria had her reasons.
Old 2010-11-01, 15:00   Link #103
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
How could galatea miss the connection clare had to priscilla?
She simply had to remember why clare went suddenly nuts when riful was talking about the awakened being which teamed up with isley.
IMO yagi made a mistake here, galatea sama is not that stupid. She must know by now that this awakened being is the one horned monster and did something to clare which was such terrible that clare devoted her life to take revenge on that ab.
Well Clare said she would destroy Isley's woman, she never said Priss's name!
Old 2010-11-01, 15:11   Link #104
Gooral
Banned

It looks like Claymores have super hearing. Judging by Galatea's comment they went quite a long distance and they still could hear and even pinpoint a location where Deneve and Taby were fighting. And Helen and Galatea could teleport to Rabona, lol. Why didn't they do the same earlier, when they went after the blob and why were they walking if it was so far? Obviously it wasn't and Galatea was only grumbling.

There are 2 things that I wish they would be answered ASAP. First - what's so obvious about Raki's condition? Why isn't he absorbed by the rods? Because he has abs? Second - how can Clare be brought back? Don't tell me it has anything to do with Raki because this wouldn't make any sense (for example Galatea shouldn't know about him).
Old 2010-11-01, 15:12   Link #105
konart

The chapter should be called "Ghost in the shell"
Old 2010-11-01, 15:14   Link #106
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
So how does one regain there individuality once they've been assimilated by the will of a 3rd party?
Old 2010-11-01, 15:14   Link #107
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Clever, very clever! But that would be bad if they pulled Priss out that blob too.
Old 2010-11-01, 15:15   Link #108
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Well Clare said she would destroy Isley's woman, she never said Priss's name!
Yeah but she knew that clare was after her and totally lost it when riful mentioned her and clare was able to identify her. She should know by now that this ab in the north and the monster clare had sealed are one and the same.
Old 2010-11-01, 15:20   Link #109
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
The most surprising thing about this chapter was that the Ghosts actually carried the gigantic husk back with them all the way to Rabona....my god, they are stronger then I thought, or that they is lighter then I thought .
Behold, the power of the plot device!

Quote:
Also answers the question of proof; their is no proof Miria is still alive, they are simply hoping.
Miria is dead. It would be really cheesy if she is still alive.

Quote:
The "seventh" they bring back with them, could, shockingly, actually end up being Raki if it goes that way. Claire, Raki and Priscilla would then actually all be in the same place :O *wonders at the implications
I can say with some certainty it won't be this fun:
Spoiler for (I wouldn't mind being him).:
Old 2010-11-01, 15:20   Link #110
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quite a few things worth nothing this chapter:

1 - Clare must have realized one of two things:

a) Priscilla was too strong for her to kill, so she simply used the Destroyer's strength to seal Priscilla away, so she won't threaten anyone ever again.

or

b) Clare realized that whether Priscilla or herself won, an Awakened Being of titanic power would still walk the lands completely unopposed, so decided to go the safest route, and neutralize the possibility of either by trapping Priscilla and herself together.

2 - Dietrich has finally learned the truth about the Organization, but is too shocked to fully accept the truth....yet.

So it is quite likely that once they reach the Organization, the full extent of their deeds will make Dietrich's defection complete.

3- Raki might be turning into a Hybrid

I notice the Rod wounds aren't bleeding, and there are no veins on Raki's shoulder were the rods are. So he might have a high compatibility with Yoma flesh, or maybe Priscilla did something to ensure Raki couldn't be completely taken over.

The first would certainly explain why Raki was instrumental in bringing back Clare from over her limit, and why Yoma seem to like his smell.

4 - and Most importantly (to us Miria fans at least):

The possibility of Miria being alive has been brought onto the table. While I am cautiously optimistic, it is still better then I have been since "that" chapter.

PLEASE BE ALIVE MIRIA TAICHOU!!!!!

I do hope to see Tabitha deliver that punch to Miria, because her actions that chapter definitely deserve it.
Old 2010-11-01, 15:23   Link #111
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO
Miria is dead. It would be really cheesy if she is still alive.
And why had Dee to stop somewhere and was late? The possibility exists after all.

About the plot device - there is no such thing at least not here.
A claymore is superhuman. They are strong enough to carry enormous weights.
The sculpture is simply unhandy to carry.
Old 2010-11-01, 15:23   Link #112
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Great chapter.

Raki appears (it's been months since last time) and, while it's still not clear what's going on with him, it looks like he's already something more than just a normal human. Now then, what the hell can be on his back? Yoma flesh? A tentacle? Isley's face, Voldemort style? A tail? A tattoed map of some dungeon containing treasures? Damm you Yagi, what a cliffhangerous cutscene.

The Tabitha vs. Deneve fight is basically the characterization "in-manga" of the previous months battle between whiny ranting Miria fans vs. normal readers Good point there, mr. mangaka.
Old 2010-11-01, 15:25   Link #113
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The characters might just be hoping, but even I'm thinking they might just find Miria alive. Which is odd considering that we saw what happened to her. Well I guess we'll see what happens.

Funny thing is they could actually return with a 7th person if they find the time to rescue Raki while down there.

Anyways time for the team to head to the organization and cause some chaos. If there is anything left of Miria to find they will find her.
Old 2010-11-01, 15:28   Link #114
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Age old manga/anime truth, unless we see the body dead and buried, they aren't dead yet.
Old 2010-11-01, 15:31   Link #115
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

@Fenrir
you have read what i had written about dee's little box stop?
There is still hope my friend.
Old 2010-11-01, 15:37   Link #116
Blaat

So if Raki meets Claire/Priscilla will Claymore be renamed to: a boy and his blob: Adventures in Toulouse?
Old 2010-11-01, 15:37   Link #117
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinov View Post
The Tabitha vs. Deneve fight is basically the characterization "in-manga" of the previous months battle between whiny ranting Miria fans vs. normal readers Good point there, mr. mangaka.
Except so called "normal readers" were praising Miria's death, and were convinced her dying was a good thing, while Deneve believes she is still alive, and wants to go rescue her.

@ irvinethearcher;

Can't say that I have, link?

Last edited by Fenrir_valindri; 2010-11-01 at 15:55.
Old 2010-11-01, 15:37   Link #118
MalakTawus

LOL-TIME!!!!

Quote:
Why isn't he absorbed by the rods? Because he has abs?
LOL!

.....and it seems that my idea that Claire trapped Prissy inside that thing wasn't so dumb afterall,LOL......

And LOL also 'cause this confirms something else that i told in the past and that someone said it didn't make sense (i don't remember who): Deneve is the leader!!!!

final LOL for Tab,that was TOTALLY owned by Deneve......

I liked this chap a lot,'cause it answered some questions (we can consider Diet's case as close)......but this also means that my suffering will continue for some months before Claire will be finally back in action.I hope to see soon what's happening inside the soul-world,but i have the feeling that the next chaps will be focused on the ghosts attack......

(Btw,it seems we were REALLY UNDERSTIMATING the ghosts physical strenght.Taking that huge thing near Rabona is quite a feat!)

The ghosts will soon be in big trouble and i suppose that this could cause Claire to awaken and go to save them.Another thing that could cause the awakening of that thing is Raki situation.....i admit that once again i'm really curious to see what will happen next,that's why i love this manga so much.
Old 2010-11-01, 15:55   Link #119
Joe_fh

Wohoo I went to have dinner and rest a little and the chapter is now out. Perfect timing

So wait a minute...that Destroyer vortex really just swallowed up Prissy and this was the only thing left? I was really joking when I said this might have happened because...well it just seems sort to weird. Probably there was something more before that but the Ghosts couldn't see it since they were on the other side.

For some reason I have an image of Helen holding that giant chuck of flesh using her stretching limbs and skipping about with something that could practically wipe the life on the whole island like it was nothing

A few interesting things beside that which we can't really answer:
1) What was Dae doing; He stopped somewhere and for quite some time. I doubt it had something to do with Miria since he was unaware of what had happened at HQ. Since it's not connected to neither Raki nor Miria one possibility is that he went near the destroyer maybe to retrieve flesh from Alcia, Beth, Riful or infected Dauf. It might have been something else like simply observing the Destroyer up close.

2)Dae mentioned there was a lot of devastation. I wonder what could have caused that. The only thing I can think of is the twins but they didn't really stay in their awakened forms for too long. Everyone else was fighting using a regular Claymore so it's hard to cause any real damage to the scenery with that. Next best thing would be the rods from the Destroyer but a) we're not really sure about the time-line or if it fits b) Dae wouldn't be surprised since he already saw them up close. This leaves us with the conclusion that either the shrimps caused all that damage or something else we didn't get to see happened.

3)What was happening to Raki. He was resisting those rods for some reason. Obviously the MiBs figured it out but they only showed Dae...and from an angle that didn't actually give us any information at all.

Other things to note:
-For some reason it seems to me the wing on top of that "blob" comes into focus when they talk about Prissy yet it looks nothing like her wing.

-The line at the end...."to save Miria' there are way too many suggestions that MIria is alive in this chapter. They're practically talking as if she is.

-Dee's character turned out to have the history we all thought would have. No big surprise there but this makes understanding her character easier since we actually get to hear her own reason straight from her and not just judge her by her actions and reach a similar conclusion.

I guess that's all I could think of now without going in detail.
Old 2010-11-01, 16:01   Link #120
MalakTawus

Quote:
-The line at the end...."to save Miria' there are way too many suggestions that MIria is alive in this chapter. They're practically talking as if she is.
True...but are we sure that being alive is really a good thing?
I don't know why but i fear that even if she is alive the org may have done something strange to her.......hope to be wrong.
Closed Thread