AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-03-25, 22:30   Link #2741
Tendou Souji

Seems next month a handbook on mobile suits is coming out. The first lines refer to the sales of Frozen Teardrop. I can't accurately translate it but it seems like a second run is being printed or something. Google Translator says that is isn't selling like crazy but then contradicts itself by saying that they are printing more copies. I'll wait until Deacon arrives and gives a better translation.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 22:52   Link #2742
Kitsoru
:3c

SECOND RUN? 8O

*chorus of angels from on high*

Here's hoping I can find it at Otakon, then.

And allison, try emailing the photos you take to yourself (if you can do that) and then upload them on tinypic.com?

EDIT:

From the summary wzs posted.. "James Clerk Maxwell"?? Father Maxwell's full name, maybe? (the original one, I mean) Hmm..
Well, google translate, in all its wisdom, couldn't give me much that made sense but it seems Duo and Hilde somehow get saddled with a lot of debts, and that contributes to their breakup somehow?

In any case: Duo in a Santa Suit. Awesome.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 04:57   Link #2743
allison13

Okay, guys, I'm sorry I didn't get any pictures up yet. I (gasp!) don't have email capabilities on my phone. I was about to take pictures with my regular camera, but over the course of the past week I've been told so many times that I might have to fly out of here, I've misplaced the cord in all the frantic packing/unpacking. I'm still looking. Sowwy :/
allison13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 11:53   Link #2744
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
** It seems that due to the popularity of Frozen Teardrop, a second run will occur.

Front cover is Duo and Naina
Chapter.08 - Requiem of Connextion III

Aside from the beginning, the entire chapter is centered around Duo.

MC-0012 FIRST SPRING
Duo is dumped by Hilde

MC-0012 NEXT AUTUMN
Duo arrives at Mars

MC-0014 NEXT WINTER
Duo's motorbike accident
Left arm and both legs fractured. Trowa and Catherine (it seems) rescue/save/help him.
They took him to the hospital. Because of his aging bones, it'd take two months for a complete recovery.

MC-0015 FIRST SPRING
A reunion with Hilde who is a librarian at the Lanagreen Republic.
Hospitalization costs paid in advance.

*ILLUSTRATION OF HILDE IN A SUIT
Lives together with Hilde at her apartment house (not a mansion)
Mars-use off-road bike "Ares Hornet Beta III type"
Tries to buy an engine, takes up jobs to save money.
Hilde takes the money as an "annoyance fee"
Duo tries to buy an engine and proposes to Hilde (when married, assets are shared)
**Something about getting married in a church and his three braids are cut off in a fashion similar to when a sumo wrestler retires (lol japan culture here)
Afterwards, he saves up for the bike and then sets out for the wilderness

MC-0016 FIRST SPRING
For some reason Hilde returns to the Lanagreen Republic and looks after some children of the church as a sister.

The father of the church who married the two bequest the church to Duo for his debt. (unsure)
The church is full of debts anyways
Hilde retires as a librarian and uses her severance pay to completely pay off the debt.
That wasn't enough, as there was still debt
Angered, Hilde breaks Duo's right arm after he returns in about two years Earth time
Duo signs divorce papers at Hilde's request
Duo's family register name at the time is James Clerk Maxwell

Lunch is over... more later.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 13:01   Link #2745
Kitsoru

@allison Don't worry about it, then. I'm sure they'll pop up soon (and I'll scan them when my copy arrives anyway).

Jeez... what a messy on-again off-again couple... Somehow it seems completely perfect.
But ...3 braids? @_@ Or do they mean the 3 sections of hair that make up a braid?? Weird.

Thanks, Deacon!

EDIT: REI released a new art based on the chapter:
http://pixiv.cc/usabiba/archives/2469568.html

Awwwwww....

She also points out that Endless Waltz "Special/Limited Edition" is being released on Blu-Ray:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B004TJE3J..._Z4xJnb0861D59

Deacon, she also gives a bunch of character summary/information from this chapter, if you'd want to get on those. I'll leave them for you here:

Spoiler for Father Maxwell summary:

Spoiler for Hilde summary:

Spoiler for Duo Jr summary:

Spoiler for Naina summary:

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2011-03-26 at 13:15.
Old 2011-03-26, 13:44   Link #2746
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
@Elo Your picture isn't working
Here's the picture.

Spoiler for Gundam Slam Dunk:

I wonder how Hilde broke Duo's arm. Regardless, even as a grown man, Duo is still taking beatings. Poor guy....
Old 2011-03-26, 13:47   Link #2747
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Here's the picture.

Spoiler for Gundam Slam Dunk:

I wonder how Hilde broke Duo's arm. Regardless, even as a grown man, Duo is still taking beatings. Poor guy....
It's still broken. Zerochan doesn't allow hotlinks, so just link the normal URL XD

Man, all of Duo's friends want to hurt him. His friends suck. Though, it's not like he doesn't earn it....
Old 2011-03-26, 14:06   Link #2748
Elo the Blue

Quote:
It's still broken. Zerochan doesn't allow hotlinks, so just link the normal URL XD

Man, all of Duo's friends want to hurt him. His friends suck. Though, it's not like he doesn't earn it....
http://www.zerochan.net/50449

Indeed. On a related note, what in the world did he do in the wilderness for two years?
Old 2011-03-26, 14:11   Link #2749
Kitsoru

Awwww, that's adorable. And... badass training montage, maybe? XD
Old 2011-03-26, 14:31   Link #2750
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Awwww, that's adorable. And... badass training montage, maybe? XD
It's possible.
Old 2011-03-26, 20:04   Link #2751
allison13

Wow, so Hilde's quite the miserable woman, then. Did he really go through all that for a motorcycle? Jeeez.
Old 2011-03-26, 20:08   Link #2752
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by allison13 View Post
Wow, so Hilde's quite the miserable woman, then. Did he really go through all that for a motorcycle? Jeeez.
Technophile greasemonkey... I don't blame her for kicking his ass out.
Old 2011-03-26, 20:13   Link #2753
allison13

Quote:
Technophile greasemonkey... I don't blame her for kicking his ass out.
Okay, kick him out. But kick him out, marry him, break his arm, then kick him out again? Yikes.

...and I bet Jr. is his kid, too.

Edit: OH and cut off his braid apparently?

Edit again: Okay, now that I'm re-reading it, maybe he was just using her to get his motorcycle? THEN I understand her being crazy, if that's the case.
Old 2011-03-26, 21:29   Link #2754
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by allison13 View Post
Okay, kick him out. But kick him out, marry him, break his arm, then kick him out again? Yikes.

...and I bet Jr. is his kid, too.

Edit: OH and cut off his braid apparently?

Edit again: Okay, now that I'm re-reading it, maybe he was just using her to get his motorcycle? THEN I understand her being crazy, if that's the case.
He deserved it, apparently.

Yeah, at this point, I think Jr. is his kid >____>

See, that last part's what I'm unsure on... I'm trying to figure out if it's the blogger's reading of the chapter, or if it's definite. Hopefully once the actual chapter comes out things will get cleared up, but... Jeez Duo, what a deadbeat jerk you seem to become. XD

EDIT: Okay, just thought of something. If Duo Jr. IS their kid, he couldn't have possibly been born before MC0015 or 16...right? Because Father Maxwell first 'meets' him in 0017, and is surprised to find him there? And this second part where Father and Jr. meet is in 0018 so Father would have met him already by then... Is this crazy Mars math stuffs, or maybe Hilde had him stashed away somewhere for awhile? Or maybe he really isn't their kid... >.> But jeez, if he isn't, he sure is contrived to be.

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2011-03-26 at 22:10.
Old 2011-03-26, 22:13   Link #2755
allison13

Quote:
He deserved it, apparently.

Yeah, at this point, I think Jr. is his kid >____>

See, that last part's what I'm unsure on... I'm trying to figure out if it's the blogger's reading of the chapter, or if it's definite. Hopefully once the actual chapter comes out things will get cleared up, but... Jeez Duo, what a deadbeat jerk you seem to become. XD

EDIT: Okay, just thought of something. If Duo Jr. IS their kid, he couldn't have possibly been born before MC0015 or 16...right? Because Father Maxwell first 'meets' him in 0017, and is surprised to find him there? Is this crazy Mars math stuffs, or maybe Hilde had him stashed away somewhere for awhile? Or maybe he really isn't their kid... >.> But jeez, if he isn't, he sure is contrived to be.
Well, I haven't been following the math too much, because I hate math and everyone says it's not adding up anyway...but it says he left for two "Earth years." I thought I read something about there being a difference in Earth and Mars years? So, maybe Hilde had Jr. after Duo left, and somehow the years worked themselves out in a weird way and he was like 4 by the time Duo showed up again? Because he left again AFTER they got married, correct?

And, also, that link you posted to REI's art...she actually must have either copied that and just colored it in, or redrawn it, because that's actually in this month's issue. The whole picture has Duo sitting next to him, and a box of probably motorcycle parts in the background.
Old 2011-03-27, 00:29   Link #2756
Kitsoru

Yeah, that's what I figure. I'd estimated Jr. to be about 12 in MC0022, so with Mars time in effect, he would have been born in exactly MC0016 Yay things making sense (for once)!

It looks like her drawing style more than Asagi's (if you look around on her blog), so she prolly redrew it ^^;
Old 2011-03-27, 01:17   Link #2757
Nishiio
AHH IT'S A GUNDAM--*boom*

Thank you for the translations! I'm disappointed that Duo and Hilde didn't stay together. =( (Arm-breaking action lmao)

And damn...I wish I could understand Japanese. All these new BluRay sets look so tempting.
Nishiio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 12:38   Link #2758
Kitsoru

Ah... wait. So much for making sense. Jr. couldn't have been already out of toddler-age (he seemed to be already 8-10ish) when Duo met him in MC0017 if he was born in MC0016 :S So much for that. He looks to be between 12-15 in MC0022, so in MC0016-17 he'd have been about 8-10?

So, he had to have been born in at least MC0010 or so... Hmm. Unless some kind of wacky science is in play.. Yeesh, still really badly contrived. >.>
Old 2011-03-27, 12:51   Link #2759
Obsidiandagger
Preventer 2nd class

Damn I'm a bit dissapointed they couldn't stay together, totally want them to get back together now. BUT I am not surprised, when you look at Duos life as a orphan, vagrant and child soldier it makes sense that it would mess up ones relationships with others. Still I hope he puts them back together at the end, unless we get to see her break is arm again, that might be pretty funny.
Old 2011-03-27, 15:19   Link #2760
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidiandagger View Post
BUT I am not surprised, when you look at Duos life as a orphan, vagrant and child soldier it makes sense that it would mess up ones relationships with others.
This. Unfortunately, people seem to forget this a lot in the fandom, no matter what you happen to ship. Heero's just as bad, if not worse...

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing