AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-04, 01:14   Link #81
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
StarCreator: Desire to download Pita Ten.... fading...

I'll probably still watch it, I'll just delay a bit.
Why not watch it and decide for yourself? No one else's opinion matters, really.
Old 2006-07-24, 12:17   Link #82
Shia-san

Cool

Pita-Ten is my most favorite anime/manga. My favorite character is Shia-san, as you can see on my avatar. I'm only on episode 15, and on volume 5 in the manga. I don't know which one is better: the manga or the anime. They're both pretty good. Errr...I have to go to Borders again and read volume 5! The episode 15 of the anime hasn't shown on youtube.com yet. Well, at least that's what I think, because when I typed "Pita-Ten episode 15" it didn't have any. ((sorry if this is too long))
Old 2006-07-25, 06:13   Link #83
Iskandar Taib

Here's something I wrote on a mailing list back in February. Modified a little.

----

About a week ago, Hikari no Kiseki finally finished
subtitling the last few episodes of Pita Ten. I'd been
holding off on watching those until then. Apparently,
the chief translator lost interest in the series when
it became apparent it wasn't going to follow the
manga.

Well, I've finished both. Yup, the manga story is way
different. Its a great deal more intense, and a lot
more happens in it. It gets very dark towards the end,
but it had some very funny parts in it, too (like the
time Kotarou saw Misha's, um, wings).

The anime's theme, or focus, is altogether different
than the manga's - it's about friendship - how to make
friends, keep friends, what to do when you rub them '
the wrong way, the value of having a friend. And I still
like it. A lot. Even after reading the manga. As I've said
in the past, it's sweet without being sappy. The manga
is more about, well, how shall we say, about Koutaro,
about coping, moving on and growing up. About how
things are going to happen, no matter what you do,
and about acceptance. I also like it very much.

I encourage everyone to finish both. The manga,
especially, is a definite must-read. Just be prepared
to have a really good cry.

Iskandar
Old 2006-07-25, 16:23   Link #84
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

While the manga had a stronger story, the anime had much better art. Koge Donbo isn't god at drawing sprawling landscapes or detailed characters, but hey, the anime had pretty good animation and an A cast of seiyuus to boot.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2006-07-25, 16:49   Link #85
Itlandm
Porcupine

The anime and the manga truly are two different beasts. It is hard to imagine that they were both endorsed by the same creator. And indeed, while Koge-Donbo praised the anime team, you could read between the lines that the anime was largely theirs, only using the original characters and parts of the early manga. In fact, I am pretty sure the anime was completed well before the manga. It was certainly begun long before the manga was finished.

The two are best seen as completely different stories, the anime is suited for a younger audience (say, the same age as the characters perhaps) and for us who like sweetness and light. The manga is not well suited for young readers, I would say. Too much sadness and scary stuff, and a more complex plot. To be honest, I preferred the anime, although it lacked closure. It is a very "feel good" anime.
Old 2006-07-25, 19:12   Link #86
Shia-san

Cool

I thought that the manga drawings were better than the anime. But anyways, Volume 7 of Pita-Ten was sad, I don't think I should spoil it. I'm still on volume 5, but Borders doesn't have volume 5 and 6. lol
Old 2006-07-25, 20:18   Link #87
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Anyone been reading the "Official Fan Book" series? A few interesting stories in there.

I love Pita Ten - manga most of all, but the anime is superb, too, albeit a lot less serious than the manga. Koge Donbo is a wonderful artist, and the characters were vivid and interesting.
Old 2006-07-25, 22:39   Link #88
Iskandar Taib

That was something I was planning to buy, haven't got around to it as yet.
Old 2006-07-26, 07:55   Link #89
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
it's one of the worst shows i've ever seen....... @-@ (and i've seen it to the end, hate myself and the creators for that)

the opening message has a spoiler unwarned.. ^^"
Old 2006-07-26, 21:04   Link #90
Shia-san

Cool

You don't like the show?!?! I thought that it was pretty good. I can't wait till I finish all the episodes. I'm now on 19. I didn't exactly read the Official Fanbooks, I just looked at the pictures. I didn't really feel like reading it...
Old 2006-07-26, 21:31   Link #91
Iskandar Taib

Ah well, you can't please everyone, of course. Not everyone likes everything. I can't stand mecha shows, for instance. Or those harem anime based on gal games. Mebbe those are more to his liking.
Old 2006-07-27, 12:44   Link #92
Shia-san

Cool

Yeah, but maybe I should read the Official Fanbooks. Cause I heard that it was very good. Well, next time. But if they have volume 5 already, then I probably won't read it. I just realized something. ((You might not agree)) In the manga, Shia is more likeable than Misha. Except in the anime Misha is more, because they don't really show Shia that much...
Old 2006-07-27, 22:31   Link #93
Iskandar Taib

All eight volumes, plus the fanbook, are out in English already, so if you ask your local bookstore, they'll be able to get them for you. The fanbook is on my to-buy list (waiting for my birthday discount, tee hee hee...), together with Full Moon wo Sagashite.

Just get a big hanky out for when you get to volume 8... ^_^;;;

I think Shia's more likeable than Misha in both anime AND manga.. ^_^;;; At least, she isn't annoying, like Misha is most of the time.
Old 2006-07-27, 23:20   Link #94
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I find that Borders is pretty good about carrying the whole series, including the Fanbooks.
Old 2006-08-07, 07:52   Link #95
Iskandar Taib

Oh, interesting. There are at least THREE fanbook volumes out, perhaps more. I bought the first one, seems to be Pita Ten stories drawn by other mangaka. I haven't had time to take a really close look yet.
Old 2006-08-07, 16:07   Link #96
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskandar Taib
Oh, interesting. There are at least THREE fanbook volumes out, perhaps more. I bought the first one, seems to be Pita Ten stories drawn by other mangaka. I haven't had time to take a really close look yet.
There are a whole series of fanbooks being translated - I believe 7 or 8. They're all compilations of guest mangaka, with one KD story thrown in. As you'd expect, the quality varies wildly, but there are some truly good short manga mixed in.
Old 2006-08-07, 22:30   Link #97
lalala

ive read some of the mangas and i thought it would stay cute and stuff...bummer...i really dont like the sad storys and stuff...the dark themes sorta piss me off even if its not real....man..the first one was funny o well...
Old 2006-08-15, 15:04   Link #98
Oceanic
Luv 2 laugh

Send a message via MSN to Oceanic
Until now I only thought that there was a manga, I would love to see the anime.
Old 2006-08-15, 15:06   Link #99
Oceanic
Luv 2 laugh

Send a message via MSN to Oceanic
I just started the manga yesterday and i up to volume 3. I'd have to say Shia and Misha are my faves.
Old 2006-08-15, 23:33   Link #100
Iskandar Taib

You should still be able to get your hands on the anime. Someone's been posting episodes on youtube, but they're broken into thirds and are pretty low quality. Or you can get them from here:

http://www.hikarinokiseki.org/releases.php

This brings up another thought. What other shows out there are SIMILAR to Pita Ten? Mainly about friends, school life, relationships, sort of nostalgic, with melancholic moments, not a all-out comedy like Azumanga Daioh.

Something that qualifies, but is perhaps quite different, that I really enjoyed, was Petopetosan.

Iskandar
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, loli, magical girl, shounen