AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-29, 15:42   Link #221
gim

I don't like this Shirou design as the dude was resemble too much of Yami-Marik, though his role in the story was kind of interesting.
gim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 15:58   Link #222
shadow1296

though this shirou is still the same shirou but different events happen to make him this because its a different timeline and i'm surpried nobody's mentioned how much he looks like archer now
Spoiler for shiro and archer:

and is it just me or does mordred look alot like arturia's saber lily form
Old 2012-12-29, 18:40   Link #223
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
Spoiler for Astolfo:
What? Who made Astolfo cry?
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 18:54   Link #224
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
According to initial translations, his wife is
Spoiler:
Wait, are we talking about:
Spoiler for Question:

And if he had a different origin, he won't have UBW, will he?
Old 2012-12-29, 18:55   Link #225
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
What? Who made Astolfo cry?
He forgot the name of his Noble Phantasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Wait, are we talking about:
Spoiler for Question:

Currently nothing is definitely confirmed. Anything is possible.
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 19:00   Link #226
Xacual

Quote:
Yeah without Avalon and the events that led to the 5th grail war where he participated he shouldn't have UBW.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 19:24   Link #227
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
though this shirou is still the same shirou but different events happen to make him this because its a different timeline and i'm surpried nobody's mentioned how much he looks like archer now
Spoiler for shiro and archer:
I noticed it too, but it can't be that timeline. One, he had Avalon and gave it up, which means two, he had summoned Arturia. Neither is the case here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yeah without Avalon and the events that led to the 5th grail war where he participated he shouldn't have UBW.
Assuming they actually stick to canon, yes. But there's nothing that says he couldn't have done this (the skin and hair color changes through overuse of mana) in some alternate way.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 19:26   Link #228
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Assuming they actually stick to canon, yes. But there's nothing that says he couldn't have done this (the skin and hair color changes through overuse of mana) in some alternate way.
Well if he has Executor training then he probably has some kind of magic he excels at. It would be interesting if he had a different kind of reality marble though.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-12-29, 19:56   Link #229
Twi

Quote:
Well if he has Executor training then he probably has some kind of magic he excels at. It would be interesting if he had a different kind of reality marble though.
We can't have Shirou Kotomine have the same personality as Shirou Emiya, so if he's distorted somehow he'd need to be in a way we hadn't seen coming. But for now, let's see what has has in store for us...

But seriously, SHIROU KOTOMINE?
How did this happen? If the fourth war never happened then Shirou should be living with his parents since an Uber-Fire didn't burn them to ashes.
Old 2012-12-29, 20:02   Link #230
Xacual

Quote:
We can't have Shirou Kotomine have the same personality as Shirou Emiya, so if he's distorted somehow he'd need to be in a way we hadn't seen coming. But for now, let's see what has has in store for us...

How did this happen? If the fourth war never happened then Shirou should be living with his parents since an Uber-Fire didn't burn them to ashes.
He probably joined the church at an early age and later on was adopted / married into Kotomine's family. I'm 80% sure his wife is going to turn out to be Caren.

Also you don't have to be distorted to have a reality marble.

Old 2012-12-29, 20:27   Link #231
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Unlimited Black Key Works?
Old 2012-12-29, 20:39   Link #232
florza
一日之计在于晨

Quote:

They're not even the same Shirou.
florza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 20:51   Link #233
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by florza View Post
They're not even the same Shirou.
we dont know that for sure it could the same shirou but a different timeline version of him, and it could not be but if it isn't than how would you explain his archer like appearence?
Old 2012-12-29, 21:05   Link #234
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
we dont know that for sure it could the same shirou but a different timeline version of him, and it could not be but if it isn't than how would you explain his archer like appearence?
Overuse of magic, that is easily explained. And we know it's a different timeline version of him. That's already confirmed. It's a different timeline where Shirou wasn't orphaned by the fire and didn't have Avalon shoved inside him which changed his origin to Swords. Also not raised by Kiritsugu who wouldn't have any reason to pick up some random kid since he wouldn't have even been in Fuyuki without the 4th grail war.

Old 2012-12-29, 21:31   Link #235
florza
一日之计在于晨

For one, they don't even have the same name.
florza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 22:19   Link #236
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by florza View Post
For one, they don't even have the same name.
Shirou took the last name of his adoptive parent. We know it's not Shirou Emiya in the sense as it is not the same timeline, but at the same time it's an parallel world and a parallel representation of the being that Shirou is.

It's like how Fate Stay Night, Fate Unlimited Bladeworks, and Fate Heaven's Feel are alternate worlds (scenarios) where the sequence of events are changed slightly, the question is this:

What led to the creation of this being known as Shirou Kotomine?
Old 2012-12-29, 22:20   Link #237
wellis

Quote:
Overuse of magic, that is easily explained. And we know it's a different timeline version of him. That's already confirmed. It's a different timeline where Shirou wasn't orphaned by the fire and didn't have Avalon shoved inside him which changed his origin to Swords. Also not raised by Kiritsugu who wouldn't have any reason to pick up some random kid since he wouldn't have even been in Fuyuki without the 4th grail war.
How do you know it's confirmed? No seriously just because someone has the same name as someone else doesn't mean they're the same person. I'm named after my grandfather, actually my entire name is exactly the same as my grandfather's entire name, but we certainly aren't the same person. So what real clues are there that this Shirou is an AU version of the person who would become Emiya Shirou in the Fuyuki Grail timelines? Has there been mentions of Shirou Kotomine being born in Fuyuki for instance?
wellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 22:25   Link #238
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellis View Post
How do you know it's confirmed? No seriously just because someone has the same name as someone else doesn't mean they're the same person. I'm named after my grandfather, actually my entire name is exactly the same as my grandfather's entire name, but we certainly aren't the same person. So what real clues are there that this Shirou is an AU version of the person who would become Emiya Shirou in the Fuyuki Grail timelines? Has there been mentions of Shirou Kotomine being born in Fuyuki for instance?
Yeah they're really going to throw in a Japanese master named Shirou who looks almost exactly like F/SN Shirou and have it be a different person entirely.

Old 2012-12-29, 22:54   Link #239
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well Red Saber was Emperor Nero rather than King Arthur, so it is possible he is someone else entirely.
Old 2012-12-30, 00:52   Link #240
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well Red Saber was Emperor Nero rather than King Arthur, so it is possible he is someone else entirely.
The circumstances are a bit different though.