AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-12-09, 04:04   Link #241
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by msuwildog80 View Post
You are probably right. Drama, good or bad, causes discussion and stimulates interests and sales.

If the two get together now, it would just be another Suzuka situation where silly things happen and the main couple takes 10 chapters to temperary break up, 10 chapters feeling sad, then 10 chapters trying out new things, and at the end back together. As far as I can see it, Yuki seems to be the only real ending here.

Oh point of interest/inquiry:

Some people had said that this was a massively popular oneshot before. And the success of the oneshot directly caused this manga to become a series.
Perhaps someone can share some information on that oneshot so we can make some logical conclusions on future activites? Thanks.
The one shot ends open. Meaning Utsu confesses to Yuki but Yuki turns him down and he gets friend-zoned with possibilities for something more in the future. Not very great ending and considering how much of crap Utsu is going through in the series they should really change it to a good ending because one shot ending is what I would consider a Bad Ending.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 04:07   Link #242
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuwildog80 View Post
You are probably right. Drama, good or bad, causes discussion and stimulates interests and sales.

If the two get together now, it would just be another Suzuka situation where silly things happen and the main couple takes 10 chapters to temperary break up, 10 chapters feeling sad, then 10 chapters trying out new things, and at the end back together. As far as I can see it, Yuki seems to be the only real ending here.

Oh point of interest/inquiry:

Some people had said that this was a massively popular oneshot before. And the success of the oneshot directly caused this manga to become a series.
Perhaps someone can share some information on that oneshot so we can make some logical conclusions on future activites?
Thanks.

Well, I havent read it myself, but I came across posts in another forum, where they were discussing about the one-shot, and apparently, the one-shot had both Shou and Yuki present but in the end Utsumi fell in love with Yuki and even confesses, however, Yuki apparently doesnt accept his confession but..... doesnt reject it either. Hence a good ending and in other words, it means, the one-shot had an openending where it left Yuki and Utsumi's relatioship status upto the readers' imagination and this means, the series is here to bring an conclusion to that opend-ended one-shot or...... it might not and go in an entirely different direction, and so, there's really no way to predict the ending of the actual series based on the one shot.
Old 2009-12-10, 19:19   Link #243
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Dunno if you've been following early discussions about this chapter's raw but it's not really clear if she was actually raped. Many people think it was consensual, recorded and shown to some dorks by her former boyfriend, her rather "calm" expression when thinking about it supports this i think. I write this post for I myself like to think that too. I hope it's revealed in the future.
We clearly see that she was raped

http://www.onemanga.com/GE_-_Good_Ending/11/23/

Anyway , yeah , need more developement about here .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 19:33   Link #244
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post

No way does that indicate rape any more than it does some of the other theories that have been floated around here already.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 19:40   Link #245
LusterFlare
Lost.

Quote:

How is that clear she was raped? Exactly what indicates that it was against her will?

Though it isn't clear, it seems more likely that it was consensual. The mangaka isn't a stranger having girls have sex early, as seen from:
http://www.onemanga.com/GE_-_Good_Ending/10/010/
(assuming they aren't lying).

Yuki also said, "I trusted that person."
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 19:44   Link #246
Wargumm1i
Hentai

From what I see, she was just in love and took it too the next step and he was too much of an ass and showed his friends that he was taping it or something and showed them etc etc.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 19:44   Link #247
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by LusterFlare View Post
Yuki also said, "I trusted that person."
It doesnt prove that it was consensual though. She could have trusted that person but still not be in physical closeness nor want it until some-day he raped her, so it could go both-way really.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 19:46   Link #248
LusterFlare
Lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
It doesnt prove that it was consensual though. She could have trusted that person but still not be in physical closeness nor want it until some-day he raped her, so it could go both-way really.
Yeah, that's true.

This kinda makes me wonder what percentage of girls actually contact the authorities after being raped.
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 04:43   Link #249
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LusterFlare View Post
Yeah, that's true.

This kinda makes me wonder what percentage of girls actually contact the authorities after being raped.
1:10 - it's average for Europe. In some other cultures even less than one of ten female victims contact the authorities. Males almost never admit that they were raped, although anonymous surveys says that 3 to 5% of males were raped (both heterosexual and homosexual rapes). Those numbers include "marriage rapes", sex forced by blackmail and seductions of minors ("legal rape"). In some countries rape is everyday occurrence, according to some sources almost each women in South Africa was raped before reaching 40 (there is a myth that sex with virgin cures HIV). Numbers from my criminology course.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 07:33   Link #250
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

And in Japan , many girls don't contact the authorities , i saw many news , like a teacher who raped many girls in the school , he was arrested some years ago ... so the girls shut their mouths . 1 more reason that girls don't contact police , they are recording , photographing , they feared thoses things will be on the net etc ... otherwise people will say that she's a slut . This is Japan's style life .(which it's the thing that i don't like there )
Old 2009-12-11, 08:51   Link #251
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
And in Japan , many girls don't contact the authorities , i saw many news , like a teacher who raped many girls in the school , he was arrested some years ago ... so the girls shut their mouths . 1 more reason that girls don't contact police , they are recording , photographing , they feared thoses things will be on the net etc ... otherwise people will say that she's a slut . This is Japan's style life .(which it's the thing that i don't like there )
to say it's part of Japan's lifestyle is somewhat wrong...
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 09:10   Link #252
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Another thing who bother me , when someone is gropping a girl , no one move his ass to beat this crap out (specially in the train)
Old 2009-12-11, 11:42   Link #253
typhonsentra

From the way the scene flows, I seriously doubt it was rape. Again, she concentrates heavily on the trust side of her betrayal and that one shot is definitely of people watching the act on a camera or phone or something similar. I doubt the betrayal would involve both rape and filming.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 22:47   Link #254
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
From the way the scene flows, I seriously doubt it was rape. Again, she concentrates heavily on the trust side of her betrayal and that one shot is definitely of people watching the act on a camera or phone or something similar. I doubt the betrayal would involve both rape and filming.
Yeah I too say it wasnt a rape. Yuki was traumatised because her boyfriend betrayed her trust when he showed the tape to his friends in order to show-off and made her look like some kinda slut. Nope, it wasnt a rape.
Old 2009-12-12, 06:15   Link #255
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah , having though about it again , it can be this option .
Old 2009-12-12, 21:43   Link #256
mammothb

i think it's not a rape too, since that panel was cut into 2 sections, one is the sex part and the other was the video part. instead of in just one single panel with the people video taping by the side
mammothb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 01:21   Link #257
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothb View Post
i think it's not a rape too, since that panel was cut into 2 sections, one is the sex part and the other was the video part. instead of in just one single panel with the people video taping by the side
yep and also, if you notice, all the guys are looking at the camera but if they were actually present in the room, during the incident, they were more likely to look at the action directly if it was happening right infront of them, instead of collectively looking at it through the small screen of a camera. So yes they saw it later.

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2009-12-13 at 10:56.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 08:01   Link #258
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
From what I gathered, it's probably rape. The sequence goes like this, she likes him, she dates him but she's not prepared for an intimate relationship like that. The guy tricked her and was only after her body, lured her to somewhere, raped her and had his friends there to record it.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 08:59   Link #259
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
From what I gathered, it's probably rape. The sequence goes like this, she likes him, she dates him but she's not prepared for an intimate relationship like that. The guy tricked her and was only after her body, lured her to somewhere, raped her and had his friends there to record it.
The point though according to other people is that all of the friends were looking at the camera in a "separate" screen.

I don't think she was raped; I think it was consensual and that she thought he liked her as much as she liked him.

However, he was just having sex with her as a sexual conquest kind of thing and videotaped it and showed it to his friends.

That's the betrayal most likely in my opinion. We may get clarification if the manga goes on long enough and he ends up coming back into the picture. Still rape is a really hard thing and would almost preclude the guy showing up again because of how painful a thing it would be for her. If it was betrayal in that he was having sex with her for the conquest of it, then I could see him showing up again in the manga to try to get her back as much as she hates him...
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 10:23   Link #260
ZODDGUTS

I think now is that the camera could have been hidden when she was doing the you know what with him. So she didn't know till later on when he's friends started to brag about what they saw in the camera screen, which they were shown after she had done it with her bf.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi