AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 43 42.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 28.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 20.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.99%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-12-12, 03:27   Link #41
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Everything was going so well until that stupid monster at the end.

6/10
Wait...you deducted 4 points off purely because of the fetus?!
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 05:14   Link #42
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
oh. well, that makes more sense now.

anyways, I found the flashback hugely powerful, since she listed off how they were illogical, demanding, and all those other negative things, but because they were so irrational, Kiyama grew to like them. i basically knew what would happen, but i didn't expect the background and the portrayal of her connection with the students, so when i saw her standing there shaking, and the brain wave diagrams going crazy and eventually flatlining, i genuinely felt sad.

I can honestly say i support what she's doing and i hope she accomplishes what she's aiming to do.

and if Touma showed up and fought her, i probably would have punched my computer screen. not even kidding.
Somehow I think the only thing she's going to accomplish is getting herself thrown in jail. I mean taking a hostage, assault on AntiSkill/resisting arrest, massive property damage, distributing of level upper that's been connected to various crimes. I just don't think she's going to be able to sneak through this. Once you toss out lines like making the world your enemy it's pretty much over .

Her motivations are definitely sympathetic. Methods are a whole other story. Sadly she didn't feel there were many other options. Kind of a situation where someone loses no matter what.
Old 2009-12-12, 05:17   Link #43
Primary Consult

This episode had so many (good) WTF moments I lost count... 10/10.

There's a fetus in the opening, I figured one would play in eventually, so I didn't freak out about it...

+Flashback
+Mikoto's rude awakening regarding the government of Gakuentoshi, and I wonder if she'll be resorting to any drastic measures herself when she finds herself in a similar position with regards to a certain experiment...
Weird how she got Kuroko's teleporting, one of the 10,000 must be kindred...

I feel like Mikoto is going to try and help Kiyama, after dealing with this new development. She would have been caught anyway (she indicated Uiharu's disappearance wouldn't have caused that fast a reaction) but had she not been caught, there's a chance her plan would have worked with very little damage. It still was reckless plan, plus inducing comas and giving hotheaded dropouts enhanced abilities even for a little while to further her own goals puts her almost on the same level as Mad Scientist. She's not fighting the conspiracy, trying to get revenge, or make the world a better place, she just wants that handful of kids she grew fond of to be OK, at any cost.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 05:33   Link #44
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I wouldn't have minded Touma coming to the rescue to see him duke it out with a multi-skill, although I knew it wasn't going to happen.
If Touma manages to steal the spotlight and fought Kiyama it would be another boring fight. Neutralizing skills and punching has got to be the one of the most boring thing ever in an anime that has fights(I really wouldn't call the To Aru series a fighting anime).
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 06:24   Link #45
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

A thing that make me laugh
Kiddo said "Let's be my girlfriend"
Kiyama "Ok"
-> Shota Spotted <-
jk
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 07:05   Link #46
kim8268

First Time in a in this month that I was mad at an old person dang i want to kill that old guy what's his name
kim8268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 07:36   Link #47
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So, what happened here was the flame which intensified Misaka's rebellious streak against the system?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 08:19   Link #48
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Everything was going so well until that stupid monster at the end.

6/10
That made the episode! What do you mean! That was a great "wtf?" moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
If Touma manages to steal the spotlight and fought Kiyama it would be another boring fight. Neutralizing skills and punching has got to be the one of the most boring thing ever in an anime that has fights(I really wouldn't call the To Aru series a fighting anime).
I actually don't think it would be an easy fight for him. With all of those different attacks coming from all different directions and only one hand to use, he'd have a tricky time. Plus its always great to see everyone shock face when they see his power.
Old 2009-12-12, 09:33   Link #49
Avegaille

Lawlz, Episode 11... yeep, the fight scene and everything... I dunno why but I somewhat had this weird feeling that it was too short, the one between Kiyama and Mikoto I mean, but then again, it's just my imagination, so don't mind me...

The flashback as well as what Kiyama said to Mikoto afterwards, yes, it made me emotional... I tried to suppress it seeing as I don't want people staring at me (especially in a public area orz). XD

One inconsistency I found is how the hell is Uiharu able to get rid of those handcuffs... they weren't even shown... x__X;;; I know she's good with computers and stuff, but this needs an explanation... D: We can see has them when Kiyama was driving off with her... Unless they just want to focus on Mikoto's fight with the AIM burst that they just got rid of the handcuffs off-screen and confuse the audience more...

Oh, yeah, I rate this a 10. Yes, it's that good. *flees*

EDIT: Also for anyone who will mention of wanting Touma's existence for this part of the plot... please... just... don't. x__X;; Should I say it or not... maybe not to avoid them "spoilers". (yes I'm aware that part is grammatically incorrect xP)
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 09:34   Link #50
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

What the heck? So they are going to just stop at this arc?

Ah well, we still get Biribiri vs tentacles anyway.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 09:39   Link #51
Avegaille

^ We still have 12 episodes left though... so don't worry about it. Kamachi wrote those whatever 12 remaining episodes will be, so don't be thinking they're filler episodes when you see them. xP
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 09:40   Link #52
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
I haven't really need any creepy monster things in a while, that foetus made my day.
Old 2009-12-12, 09:49   Link #53
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

How did I not notice it before?!

The description about Level Upper.

Quote:
"...To create a network using multiple brains that can do advanced calculations."
Doesn't this sounds very familiar ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 10:00   Link #54
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
He uses tactics and allies who fight with him
Spoiler:
, he is not alone anymore .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Doesn't this sounds very familiar ?
Maybe Kiyama used to the info of "that network" to create her own LU Network.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 10:20   Link #55
Qilin
Romanticist

Oh cool. We get some nice action at last! Kiyama will always have a place in my heart as an awesome villain.

Also, I really liked where the episode ended. Right with the fetus appearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post
^ We still have 12 episodes left though... so don't worry about it. Kamachi wrote those whatever 12 remaining episodes will be, so don't be thinking they're filler episodes when you see them. xP
Both Wikipedia and ANN say that it's 13 episodes. While I'm aware that both these sources are of questionable reliability, could I just ask where this claim comes from?

I'd really love it if they animate the next arc as well...
Old 2009-12-12, 10:23   Link #56
tsunade666

I like fist fight so touma has style but its true that it will turn into one sided fight considering all of the attacks kiyama's doing is centered on an ability.

and " that network " doesn't exist yet. On this time phrase. Though I'm not sure but maybe its still in developing and its top secret. Like she could get her hands on it.

and finally about the episode

8/10

Spoiler:

Its good and all except for the baby. And too short battles.

EDIT:

it will be having 24 episodes. They are talking about ending its arc on episode 12 and on episode 13 will be the start of new arc.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 10:28   Link #57
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
ep 11

hey! its Ritsu!!... oh wait, wrong studio...

hello Mrs. stripper science lady, have you forgot about TOUMA!?
heck!, you even gave your clothes to him! OH THE IRONY!!

Saten => Saten
stripper scientist lady => Adam Archlight/Blade?

Uiharu!! quick!! send that music now!! it could be an Oricon top 10 hit!!

Shedinja appears!! go Pikachu!! & to NERV, prepare to launch the Evangelion units!!

next ep preview, hentai attack!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 10:32   Link #58
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Both Wikipedia and ANN say that it's 13 episodes. While I'm aware that both these sources are of questionable reliability, could I just ask where this claim comes from?
Check wikipedia one more time, it say Railgun will be 24 episodes also ANN doesn't list the entire episodes, it just list the airdates of the show based on their current info they have. Furthermore it was confirmed by the official Railgun website itself that it will be 24 episodes.
Old 2009-12-12, 10:41   Link #59
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Check wikipedia one more time, it say Railgun will be 24 episodes also ANN doesn't list the entire episodes, it just list the airdates of the show based on their current info they have. Furthermore it was confirmed by the official Railgun website itself that it will be 24 episodes.
Yeah... I'm an idiot.
That should teach me not to rely on the episode list pages in the wiki...

Oh well. I'm glad that I'm wrong since it means that the next arc will be animated, and it should connect quite nicely with Index as well for those who are concerned with that kind of stuff... depending on how it ends.
Old 2009-12-12, 10:59   Link #60
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I like fist fight so touma has style but its true that it will turn into one sided fight considering all of the attacks kiyama's doing is centered on an ability.
Mahh~ That won't stop her from teleporting a 2 ton slab of concrete and metal on top of him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
and " that network " doesn't exist yet. On this time phrase. Though I'm not sure but maybe its still in developing and its top secret. Like she could get her hands on it.

and finally about the episode

8/10

Spoiler:

Everything up here is major spoilers so I'll post my reply on the Light Novel thread...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote