AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-11, 10:35   Link #1181
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

But Morinas also appeared to know pretty much nothing about the Simouns at first (unless this ignorance was a trick to get Waporif's attention ).

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 10:56   Link #1182
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy
...if anyone's going to make her Sagitta sick, it's Aeru. Aeru's usually paired with fairly steady types (Neviril, Limone, Yun), so perhaps it doesn't normally show as much....
As far as I can tell, Aaeru is, with Neviril and Limone, the best auriga of all. That's more or less what Guraghief told the officials, isn't it? When Neviril took off with Morinas as sagitta (in ep 15, I think), you could see some wavering like when Morinas flew with Aaeru. But I don't think Morinas is inexperienced, so the colors might be right. Lol. Sorry, I just had to defend my favorite, Aaeru.

But Matrim makes a good point. I think I recall that Morinas had only flown simile before. I'm not sure.
Spoiler for speculation about simoun, based on ep19:
EDIT: I've upated the hashihime "Simoun Secret Cast" pages with episodes 16-18 (there were no bit parts in 15).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-08-11 at 13:33.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 11:54   Link #1183
Seska

Sure, if the Country only have 1 Corps now, they will be overruned for sure...

They must have more Ships like Arcus Prima, we now from a Arcus Black version. And they all can hold 3-4 Corps onboard. Perhaps more pilots, but limit Simouns on board.

they surely guard the boarders of the country, and even for the old Messia they must give a reason. They surely have more. But the Series focus only on "Seikou" Best Corps they have around from (the director only knows) 30 Corps they have in duty. And dont forget the ground forces of them...

Mfg,
Seska
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 14:57   Link #1184
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

New commercial for the game:
www2.ranobe.com/test/src/up11254.zip

The titles talk about beauty and sorrow and drawing beautiful battle scenes in the air, and say it is a new story, with a new character who holds the key. Aaeru's voice basically just gives the name of the game, which is Simoun, Ibara Sensou, Fuuin no Ri Maajon. This I think means "Simoun, Battle of the Other Roses (a homonym for 'thorns'), Ri Maajon of the Seal (not the animal, and a homonym for 'elegance')."

And I just discovered that Morinaga Rika's site (she plays Mamiina) has more on it than I thought. The links are in the loops of the butterfly's path. She has a strange beauty, can do classical ballet, is 26 years old, works for the preeminent agency I'm Enterprise (as do Saitou Chiwa, Nakahara Mai, Rie Kugimiya, Ueda Kana and Takahashi Mikako) and is tiny: 149cm, 37kg (just under 4'11", 82lb).

And this pic of posters gives us "Neviril" and "Aer" as semi-official transcriptions. Fine by me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-08-11 at 16:42.
Old 2006-08-11, 15:57   Link #1185
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I've upated the hashihime "Simoun Secret Cast" pages with episodes 16-18 (there were no bit parts in 15).
I really hope that "Temple Guardian" and "Chor Rubor Member A" at least get real names before the series is over; we've seen them frequently enough, and "Member A" looks like she might become one of Chor Tempest's new recruits....
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 16:32   Link #1186
jtrog

I have not looked ahead that far, I still love the originality of this series.

When they grow, in spurts like if in real life, their faces should change as should even hair styles and dress should change.

Kudos to Simoun writers for orginality of the series.
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 17:43   Link #1187
Guppy

Quote:
As far as I can tell, Aaeru is, with Neviril and Limone, the best auriga of all. That's more or less what Guraghief told the officials, isn't it? When Neviril took off with Morinas as sagitta (in ep 15, I think), you could see some wavering like when Morinas flew with Aaeru. But I don't think Morinas is inexperienced, so the colors might be right. Lol. Sorry, I just had to defend my favorite, Aaeru.
Hey, that wasn't a slam on Aeru - she clearly is the most naturally talented Auriga in the Chor, and as a combat aviator she's head and shoulders above any of the others. But she's also the wildest flier and, IMO, one of the least likely to naturally pay attention to the comfort of her backseater. (Maybe that's why I've come to think that Yun makes a better pair for her than the emotionally fragile Neviril.)

Quote:
But Matrim makes a good point. I think I recall that Morinas had only flown simile before. I'm not sure.
It does look like that's the case, since Wapourif had to explain things like needing a pair to fly a Simoun. That would also account for her being better as an Auriga than a Sagitta.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 17:51   Link #1188
Matrim

Spoiler for Rimone's natural talent:

Old 2006-08-11, 18:41   Link #1189
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Spoiler for Rimone's natural talent:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-11, 19:36   Link #1190
Matrim

Well, yes. If anything cannot be achieved in any other way except through sheer determination, Aaeru immediately comes to mind as the one to do it. I wouldn't bet on neither Nevirl nor Rimone if they have to fight against Aaeru in one on one duel (assuming Similes can be used for duels, of course), despite the former's experience and the latter's natural flying ability. Neviril can inpire the rest with wise words in the right moment very well but Aaeru can lead and inspire just with the force of her personality.
But I am not sure that Neviril outclasses Aaeru in terms of pure technicue, what makes you think so?

Old 2006-08-11, 19:46   Link #1191
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

We haven't seen that much of Neviril as an auriga, but she is the Sibylla Aurea and the chor's Regina, so I kind of assumed she was magic. Although maybe it's her father's position that got her there. Don't know.

Aaeru has demonstrated her magic with that amazing performance in the simile, and then in the Maaju Pool with Paraietta. After that, it's hard to judge except by what others say. But the pure shining force of Aaeru's personality (and Niino Michi's voice) are something special. I agree with the idea that Limone is/was something special. The child genius. And sorry I misinterpreted what you wrote, Guppy. I thought afterward that I might have. Aaeru might be the flamboyant race-driver in the crew.
Old 2006-08-11, 20:54   Link #1192
Matrim

Well, that's what I was trying to say (or rarther should have said) - we can't really make a comparison backed with that much proof except what other characters think of Neviril and Aaeru's abilities. And it's kind of difficult to distinguish between them when in both cases the techinque seems to border on perfection.

Anyway, it's possible that her father's influence had to do with Neviril initially being proclaimed Regina but since no one (as far as I remember) has complained she doesn't deserve this position because there are more skillful Sybillae than her in the Choir, I'd say that even if that had been the case , since then she has more than proved her merit.

Old 2006-08-11, 21:40   Link #1193
Guppy

You're right, there isn't an abundance of direct evidence, but it always seemed to me that - if you exclude the chaos and stress of combat situations - Neviril is the sort who you could depend on to show up and do a perfect Ri Maajon every time. Limone struck me as being fairly similar in that respect. Both have refined their skills to the brink of perfection and can execute any move in the book (which is what I think constitutes good technique).

On the other hand, Aeru's flying is superb, but I think she's the sort of person for whom "refinement" and "perfection" have no real meaning - she puts in practice time, sure, but what really makes her special is an ability to throw the book out the window and make amazing things happen with sheer talent and force of will.

And, yeah, in battle I don't think any of the others come close to Aeru's combination of flying ability and combat senses. I seriously doubt if Aeru would have gotten nailed by the Plumbum Simouns as easily as Neviril - I've read more than once that excellent technique can actually work against you in such situations, because it makes you too predictable to others skilled in the same profession.
Old 2006-08-11, 23:11   Link #1194
Yaya-chan
NHK desu.

As they say let's pray for the repose of Mamiina's soul.
Mamiina video
Yaya-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 08:48   Link #1195
Yui from Okinawa

Send a message via Yahoo to Yui from Okinawa
Simulacrum governer easy to hand over Sibylla Aurea's body

Spoiler:
Yui from Okinawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 09:12   Link #1196
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui from Okinawa
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-12, 10:03   Link #1197
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaya-chan
As they say, let's pray for the repose of Mamiina's soul.
Mamiina video
Thank you! That was wonderful.
Old 2006-08-12, 11:33   Link #1198
Matrim

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
On the other hand, Aeru's flying is superb, but I think she's the sort of person for whom "refinement" and "perfection" have no real meaning - she puts in practice time, sure, but what really makes her special is an ability to throw the book out the window and make amazing things happen with sheer talent and force of will.
I am curious which of them came up with the idea to use the troop containers to destroy a few tanks in episode 11, I think it wasn't shown. If it was Neviril maybe she can think outside the box, too but I think it must have been Aaeru. Neviril remonds me of a professional boxer who even in a street fight would use only her fists because the routine and experience, while Aaeru would use punches, kicks, teeth...basically every trick in the book and would rather end up in a hospital than admit defeat.

Old 2006-08-12, 12:15   Link #1199
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
oneplusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 12:57   Link #1200
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
If there is one thing that gets on my nerves in Simoun is the patchiness of the plot and the way certain storylines get abandoned for a time only to be picked up later seemingly out of the blue....
I actually disagree with this part of what you wrote. I think this pattern is intentional and effective. It keeps us moving forward. If they solved every problem as it came up, the feeling would be more static and simple, and not as wonderfully deep and dynamic as it is. I do agree that the tactics are often hard to make sense of, but there is enough sense in them to not break my willing suspension of disbelief.
Spoiler for ep19:

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri