Bloom

I think it was just symbolic...
Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 18:31   Link #22
HikariYume

I think that's what he said...
Old 2008-04-01, 20:02   Link #23
CommS007

He was going for the eyes the whole time. His hand was in a "eye gauging" form/whatever. He just simply collapsed due to apparent damages incurred in a previous battle... (And all that he has given in this battle)

Gaining a new light shouldn't be "just" switching bodies with your sibling, I hope D=
CommS007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 20:05   Link #24
ShadowAssasin
Banned

The way I see it, Itachi has always poked him on the forehead as a way of saying "I'm still better than you",(in a sort of playful way) as we all know what getting a hit off on someone's forehead means in the naruto universe. I think he did this as a way of saying he's still better than Sasuke; and I'd have to agree with him (although I don't believe the gap is that wide). I love this scene.

Last edited by ShadowAssasin; 2008-04-01 at 20:26.
ShadowAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 20:57   Link #25
HikariYume

You make a very good point.
Old 2008-04-01, 22:27   Link #26
ace_TZ
Logical Insanity

I think it symbolize Itachi's LOVE. Either a small love for sasuke or a dangerously mad one at sasuke's eyes.
ace_TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 22:58   Link #27
morgus

I think it was an admittance of defeat.
morgus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 01:32   Link #28
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I mostly tend to think it was symbolic, but I agree with the last Uchiha on some points. It may easily have been a kind of blood ritual. How else to explain Sasuke crying blood the way Itachi was? I think that somehow, Itachi transferred some part of him, perhaps memories, part of his soul, some of his abilities, or the sword and sheild of Susanoo. Any of those are possible to me. I'll just wait to see what the chapters in future have to say.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 01:39   Link #29
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedan View Post
I mostly tend to think it was symbolic, but I agree with the last Uchiha on some points. It may easily have been a kind of blood ritual. How else to explain Sasuke crying blood the way Itachi was? I think that somehow, Itachi transferred some part of him, perhaps memories, part of his soul, some of his abilities, or the sword and sheild of Susanoo. Any of those are possible to me. I'll just wait to see what the chapters in future have to say.
"How else to explain Sasuke crying blood the way Itachi was?", well that is easy, Itachi deposited enough blood on Sasuke's forehead that it trickled down symbolically like tears. Sasuke's eyes were not once actually bleeding. No matter how much I hate the idea, I can grudgingly accept that Itachi may have bestowed upon Sasuke some memories/etc., but in no way were Sasuke's eyes actually bleeding.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 11:19   Link #30
Zek
Eyebrows...

First of all, I don't think there's any special explanation like a final jutsu he performed. The poke was clearly symbolic of the relationship they once had, the only question IMHO is whether or not he did it intentionally. Either he realized Sasuke had won and gave him the poke as a final gesture of brotherly love, or he really just passed out while going for the eyes and it was a coincidence. It's conceivable that Itachi really did care for his little brother despite and regretted the necessity of taking his eyes. I admit I was expecting his character to be redeemed a little more than that before dying but I certainly never thought he was actually a good guy all along.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 15:27   Link #31
demon espio
akuma kurogani sendo

Send a message via MSN to demon espio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAssasin View Post
The way I see it, Itachi has always poked him on the forehead as a way of saying "I'm still better than you",(in a sort of playful way) as we all know what getting a hit off on someone's forehead means in the naruto universe. I think he did this as a way of saying he's still better than Sasuke; and I'd have to agree with him (although I don't believe the gap is that wide). I love this scene.
i agree with you mostly from anything else ppl here said
demon espio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 12:07   Link #32
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

The way I see it, this scene is a symbolism of the sad nature of his revenge. Kishi loves symbolisms as much as he loves obvious secrets. It’s definitely one of the best scene after Kakashi Gaiden if not the best thus far.
ILikeSquiReLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 16:49   Link #33
malvado

I believe Itachi tapped Sasukes forehead and gave him all of his powers.

KONOHA Kuroi no Yarou
malvado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 17:35   Link #34
Last of the Uchihas

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvado View Post
you don't say?
Last of the Uchihas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 18:40   Link #35
malvado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchihas View Post
you don't say?
wat is that supposed to mean?

KONOHA Kuroi no Yarou

Last edited by malvado; 2008-04-10 at 18:50.
malvado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 08:59   Link #36
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvado View Post

I believed the chapter came out on the 10th...or that the spoilers were almost confirmed on the 10th.............so I think that Itachi poked Sasuke to try and protect him from Madara.....
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 09:07   Link #37
ForgedGlory
Fortitude

Itachi was marking his territory, to ward off any one else that would wanna sex him up. Kinda like a pimp branding his hoe, lol
ForgedGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 10:29   Link #38
NarutowithSharingan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedGlory View Post
Itachi was marking his territory, to ward off any one else that would wanna sex him up. Kinda like a pimp branding his hoe, lol
Yeah - no touching before payment. The right way Tobi should have went about it was by throwing Sasuke money before taking off his clothes. (he took his mask of - clothing).
NarutowithSharingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 08:11   Link #39
reloaded
skywalker

since Madara stated Itachi transfered all his eye techniques to Sasuke does that now mean...both MS techniques and probably enhanced genjutsu abilities....as well as deteriorating eye sight.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 21:56   Link #40
steam_cannon

If Itachi can transfer his skills with a forehead poke, maybe he did help his brother with
Shuriken practice and Sasuke didn't even know it?

A lot of interesting points so far:

* Touching a persons face has special significance in many cultures, like injuring someone honor.
And scratching out their forehead symbol might mean they lost their honor.

* Itachi used that same finger for genjutsu...
steam_cannon is offline   Reply With Quote