AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-25, 11:09   Link #18481
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol, I thought I was the only one to notice that
LOL I'm a frequent editor of new LN that's being translated even if I don't register on it. I'm doing that novel at first when the fan base is still calm but not. My help isn't needed. There are more to do for them and I prefer ones that needs more help or ones I read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
How often do you have a non-dense harem master who actually does something? Such a combination is rare.

Heck, even Touma isn't one of those rare heroes: He's "dense".
Issei is also dense Sumeragi or more in denial or just in full burst lust mode. He got trashed and betrayed bad by his first girlfriend.

The current trends of LN now is harem bonanza with cute and sexy and lovely girls that is totally in love with the MC. And the author doesn't hold back on fan service.

I still prefer regios or index over the new ones.

EDIT:

If it's not dense contest then

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Please, Kazuto too's got some balls and is not that dense ... and he's proven that ... both ... and literally
Tatsuya is not dense and has balls of nuke but he doesn't have strong emotion so his stuck to being stoic plus his loyal to Miyuki.
Old 2012-05-25, 11:11   Link #18482
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Issei is also dense Sumeragi or more in denial or just in full burst lust mode. He got trashed and betrayed bad by his first girlfriend.

The current trends of LN now is harem bonanza with cute and sexy and lovely girls that is totally in love with the MC. And the author doesn't hold back on fan service.

I still prefer regios or index over the new ones.
Trying to look at things from the fanboys' point of view, which frankly sickens me to some point. I too would rather take Index or Oreimo over those harem stories.
Old 2012-05-25, 11:19   Link #18483
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Which is pretty much the reason why I wash my hands off from any MF Bunko story and just stick to Dengeki Bunko to play it safe.

While I do realize not all Harem-Focused series are published solely by MF, I'm sure it's still a sizable number and most of the 'blatant' ones are from them anyway.
Old 2012-05-25, 11:27   Link #18484
Ashaman

Issei's your average perverted eventually badass main, except he wants a harem.

He's still dense in that he doesn't file all the attention he's getting from the girls as romantic.

Rias - Affection to her subordinates. Asia - Doesn't know what she's saying. etc.

Of course, I can only talk about the first 3 volumes or so. If he realizes later on "Holy Shit they want me!" , I'm clueless.

I mean, I enjoyed what I've seen, but for it to be a gateway series is... a bit of a shock. It wasn't that great.

Cliche setup, plots that range from good to decent, MC exceedingly average with one gimmik to set him apart, 2 Main Females nothing to write home about.

The most interesting character so far was Kiba, though that's not fair to the others in the Occult Research Club as they haven't been properly developed in the 3 Volumes I've read.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying these types of series, but really? It brought in that many people? These are the type of series I watch/read as a guilty pleasure, not as something I put genuine emotional energy into.

(I get the feeling that mods are going to eat this conversation)

Last edited by Ashaman; 2012-05-25 at 11:40.
Old 2012-05-25, 11:59   Link #18485
tsunade666

If you seen up to vol 3 then it just get better when the rival arrives but with all the development and new girl added to his harem. I just pity Draig for Issei's continues lust.

BUT let's stop talking about other works. Its getting edgy and to much off topic plus its the problem of other fan base and not ours. While I worship Kamachi and admire Gen and like the suave story telling of Akamatsu and I still had hope for Shūsuke works even if it gets lots of SS and not just continue the main story of regios . I still like the other works of other author.
Old 2012-05-25, 12:58   Link #18486
ellifeedn
Thinker

If a series has harem elements, does that make it a harem series?
Old 2012-05-25, 13:42   Link #18487
Ashaman

Not really. ToAru has harem elements, but its focus is mostly on Touma/Accelerator/Hamazura helping people and the greater politics that causes and result from their adventures.

Something like DxD or ToLoveRu, where the harem aspects recieves focus, is what makes them harem series.
Old 2012-05-25, 17:31   Link #18488
Knowledgeseeker01
Wishes to Understand

I am not really sure if I should be posting this here, but what do you guys think of this?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ovels-dojinshi
Old 2012-05-25, 18:45   Link #18489
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledgeseeker01 View Post
I am not really sure if I should be posting this here, but what do you guys think of this?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ovels-dojinshi
There should be some thread in the manga/light novel general subforums for this... Otherwise you got to create a new one...
Old 2012-05-25, 19:35   Link #18490
Knowledgeseeker01
Wishes to Understand

Quote:
There should be some thread in the manga/light novel general subforums for this... Otherwise you got to create a new one...
I was kind of thinking somewhere along the lines that this development could somehow affect all of the fan translated Index Light Novels.
Old 2012-05-25, 20:05   Link #18491
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledgeseeker01 View Post
I was kind of thinking somewhere along the lines that this development could somehow affect all of the fan translated Index Light Novels.
Mah~ I don't think it would affect it at all, even if they magically decide to start to translate the Light Novels, it would take them YEARS before they'll reach up to the latest.
Old 2012-05-26, 01:03   Link #18492
Flere821
Lurker

On the topic of DxD, well:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-05-26, 02:07   Link #18493
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Why are we talking about High School DxD on the To Aru Thread?

Back on topic:

The manga isn't really that close to where the light novels are currently at. This could take awhile -_-, a long while.
Old 2012-05-26, 02:50   Link #18494
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
Why are we talking about High School DxD on the To Aru Thread?
Beats me >.>

Quote:
The manga isn't really that close to where the light novels are currently at. This could take awhile -_-, a long while.
Exactly, we'll all be six feet under before it reaches the WWIII arc (if the project won't be put on a hiatus between that, that is) ... yet it's another proof that Kamachi isn't "human"
Old 2012-05-26, 08:06   Link #18495
tsunade666

Quote:
I will be having white hair by the time that happens. And the funny thing is the art of the manga is getting better and better as the story goes on but still it will take forever to even see Fiamma goes curb stomp the alliance.
Old 2012-05-26, 08:21   Link #18496
Acer
Death to the infidels!

As I said in another topic, I'd be happy to see the Battle Royale before having white hair, there will trace the manga is very nice, if we compare the first volume with the seventh, you feel a BIG difference. In addition, the lack of information on the volume 5 makes us talk about things that have nothing to do with the topic, I just need to know something of the next volume.

Is there any chance of mythological monsters appear as Fenrir and Jormungand? whereas angels have appeared................

Last edited by Acer; 2012-05-26 at 10:05.
Old 2012-05-26, 09:49   Link #18497
tsunade666

there is a high chance that the other norse gods that haven't appeared yet will appear. Gremlin's main fighting force hasn't been shown yet aside from their leader Othinus and Marian isn't a fighting force but a support one of the cabal.
Old 2012-05-26, 10:02   Link #18498
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

As long as people remember that they aren't technically the Norse Gods.
Old 2012-05-26, 10:15   Link #18499
Acer
Death to the infidels!

My question was for something similar to Fiamma invoking and controlling a true angel, so I thought if there is a possibility with a ritual to the Gremlin can do something similar but with monsters Norse
Old 2012-05-26, 10:21   Link #18500
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
As long as people remember that they aren't technically the Norse Gods.
Fiamma isn't Michael or the Son of God yet he summoned a freaking archangel and pulled a lot of world-ending prowesses.

Thats why one can expect mythical summonings or ragnarok-like situations .
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen