AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-31, 13:53   Link #41
Key Board
Carbon

4 has hard light, but uses it in a different way
4 uses hard light to do wall jumps in space (green plates she kicks on to)
they also can be used as anti-missile chaff (green trail in episode 5)

it seems 5/blue will use hardlight to make arrows

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-05-31, 17:21   Link #42
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Wonder why they gave a bow for a mecha though, when obviously guns RULE!!!!!? (Hope they prove me wrong)

I know in FPS, bows are used for stealth(kills). So unless it has a cloaking ability, I don't see an advantage if it shoots "light" that everyone in space can see.
Old 2013-05-31, 19:13   Link #43
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Wonder why they gave a bow for a mecha though, when obviously guns RULE!!!!!? (Hope they prove me wrong)

I know in FPS, bows are used for stealth(kills). So unless it has a cloaking ability, I don't see an advantage if it shoots "light" that everyone in space can see.
Bows are cooler than guys nowadays.

Sword > Bow > Guns.
Old 2013-06-01, 11:46   Link #44
widagtama

something like this maybe?
Old 2013-06-01, 13:59   Link #45
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Arrows do have more mass than bullets, a bow would be useful for armor penetration especially against slow enemies. Plus if said bow is weaponized (like having a blade at each end) it can prove useful in short range combat. Just saying.
Old 2013-06-02, 16:34   Link #46
Key Board
Carbon

This is pretty in slow motion

Is there anything hard light can not do?

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-06-02, 21:43   Link #47
gordol
Banned

Each episode, more details!

1)We're getting a new custom Ideal next ep, notice the new claws for capture equipped on the wings. Our options for the pilot are:
-Kriemild's
-Cain's
-L-Elf's abandoned unit, used by Dorrsia
-New ace/commander from new squad

http://imageshack.us/a/img542/639/vl...3019h34m59.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img203/1954/v...3019h34m41.png

2)We may have the first look on a possible new VVV unit. Could be II, VII, 0 or the future final boss.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3...9934735946.jpg

3)New Missile Container option for the Ideal, carries many pointy missiles

http://imageshack.us/a/img254/4679/v...3019h31m39.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img6/3260/vlc...3019h36m19.png

4)L-Elf custom(?) silver colored Splicer Z Type with a new small beam cannon that appears to be localized on the nose. Funny how the colors don't match in the different shots

http://imageshack.us/a/img153/9311/v...3019h31m56.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img254/5626/v...3019h31m44.png

5)VVV I finally used the Variable Vulcans which fire green energy shots, not solid as I said before. Blame jp wiki!

http://imageshack.us/a/img577/7341/v...3019h48m06.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img716/7074/v...3019h48m13.png

6)VVV I also has selectable Volc Arm power levels! S1, S2 and S3(most powerful).

http://imageshack.us/a/img822/1118/v...3019h30m35.png

7)Either a transport boat or a detachable part of a Walkit cruiser used to carry ground troops

http://imageshack.us/a/img692/5909/v...3023h17m52.png

**Get hyper for both VVV III and V debuts in the next ep. Also the 1/144 model of III is releasing on the 8th, expect manual info
Old 2013-06-03, 09:28   Link #48
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
3)New Missile Container option for the Ideal, carries many pointy missiles
Judging by the picture it seems that each launcher has 7 missiles and since their are 5 launchers total that means it can deliver a whooping 35 missiles at once.
Quote:
Blame jp wiki!
I won't blame you, Gorgdol, we're all human here.
Quote:
6)VVV I also has selectable Volc Arm power levels! S1, S2 and S3(most powerful).
Is that a safety switch/button I see? I wonder what MNP stands for.
Quote:
**Get hyper for both VVV III and V debuts in the next ep.
Like I need to be told!
Old 2013-06-03, 11:51   Link #49
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Judging by the picture it seems that each launcher has 7 missiles and since their are 5 launchers total that means it can deliver a whooping 35 missiles at once.

I won't blame you, Gorgdol, we're all human here.

Is that a safety switch/button I see? I wonder what MNP stands for.

Like I need to be told!
Hey bro why were you banned from mechatalk??
Old 2013-06-03, 12:15   Link #50
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Ask over PM. That and I almost forgot.
Quote:
Is there anything hard light can not do?
Cook bacon?

Come to think of it, is there an actual role a sixth Valvrave (in our case 2) could fill that the other five have not covered? Anyone else thinking of Star Wars: Battle Front when it comes to valvrave specialties?
Old 2013-06-03, 20:38   Link #51
galdr

I expect Valvrave II is going to be all-rounder like I but leaning to ranged. Thought that's because I expect L-Elf going to get it.

Other possibilities:
-Stealth
-Transforming unit
-Funnels
-Healer
Old 2013-06-03, 21:03   Link #52
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
-Funnels
Personally I doubt it, 4 seems to have the idea of remote weapons down pat.
Quote:
-Healer
I can see 6 doing this already, but until it premiers in action nobody can say for sure.

Stealth I could definitely see working, not sure about transforming though.

Also my theory on Battle Front similarities for those that might not have played or at least did research it:

VV1- Infantry class
VV3- Demolition class
VV4- Special class
VV5- Sniper class
VV6- Medic class
Old 2013-06-03, 22:30   Link #53
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
VV4- Special class
I think the Scout class fits better due to its speed.
Old 2013-06-06, 14:31   Link #54
Key Board
Carbon

man.. blue Valvrave is overpowered

Seemingly impregnable shield that can block a fully charged shot from a capital ship main canon

Wide range smaller energy bolts that go through waffe shields. Remember that even Haruto's VVV1 scythe has trouble piercing those shields

Can focus fire and launch a stronger energy beam, that can pierce through capital ships
Old 2013-06-06, 18:58   Link #55
Key Board
Carbon

I noticed that 3 and 5 still use green energy bolts and trails. I thought it would be color coded according to the mech.

we assume that

Original Rave = Red
Rave Mirror = Green

As someone mentioned, it seems to be the reverse of Gundam 00 in which the original engines produced a green blow and the copies produced red.
Old 2013-06-06, 19:18   Link #56
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
The katakana on the VVV3 model kit info says "Mirror Rave", not "Rave Mirror" as on VVV4's screen.

Also, VVV5 had blue trails from its leg thrusters; only the weapons had green-coloured energy bolts.
Old 2013-06-06, 19:20   Link #57
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
The katakana on the VVV3 model kit info says "Mirror Rave", not "Rave Mirror" as on VVV4's screen.

Also, VVV5 had blue trails from its leg thrusters; only the weapons had green-coloured energy bolts.
Yeah I was wrong.. both VVV3 and VVV5 had their respective color coded trails

I guess they only use hard light for propulsion.
Old 2013-06-06, 19:54   Link #58
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
man.. blue Valvrave is overpowered

Seemingly impregnable shield that can block a fully charged shot from a capital ship main canon

Wide range smaller energy bolts that go through waffe shields. Remember that even Haruto's VVV1 scythe has trouble piercing those shields

Can focus fire and launch a stronger energy beam, that can pierce through capital ships
It probably isn't as fast or maneuverable though.
Old 2013-06-06, 20:54   Link #59
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
It probably isn't as fast or maneuverable though.
Mobility was good enough to let it block the missiles for Thunder, though obviously not as fast as either Haruto or Saki's. Main issue with Blue is that it doesn't seem to have any melee ability, so there'd be problems if anybody can close in, like the guy who tried to flank him.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2013-06-06, 22:41   Link #60
Xion Valkyrie

I'm guessing Thunder's VVV's specialty is melee combat? Hard to fight against 10 arms lol.
Closed Thread