AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-09-06, 13:34   Link #281
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I should point out that there's also the possibility of a person who doesn't fight or can't fight at all joining. I know that it would be boring to have such a person be a crewmember, but there is always a chance of that. Of course, there's what profession the person has and whether or not the crew wants that person.

Slightly off-topic speculation: Luffy got the first 4 crewmembers in the East Blue, then another 4 from the first half of the Grandline. Who's to say that he won't get another 4 in the New World?
Your speculation on Luffy getting another 4 members is interesting. However that's most likely to happen BEFORE they reach the New World.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 02:57   Link #282
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Slightly off-topic speculation: Luffy got the first 4 crewmembers in the East Blue, then another 4 from the first half of the Grandline. Who's to say that he won't get another 4 in the New World?
Oda who i believe floated around the idea that he probably wouldn't go beyond 10 members...

Besides, the new world is the final home stretch, the final leg of the journey... it will be one hell of a journey, but it still the last big leap. Having new members join the crew while traversing the new world would seem to last minute... it's kinda like trying to introduce a new main character near the end of a book... i think who ever they have once they enter the new world is who they will have going on till the end. Only way i would expect them to get a new members is if the the series wasn't gonna end when they reached the new world and that there was still one more big step to go

Spoiler for manga:

Though i still hold out hope for atleast one more new member...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 04:58   Link #283
FullMetalKid

What i want is a logia type but i know that isn't how luffy's crew is build upon. As well the way things are going, story has been always exciting. Especially when one is against the odds each crew member will utilize the best of their abilities and some brain even luffy has shown he has used his once in each fight. I've been wondering but since brook can't die why does he get weaken in a battle so easily? He lasts just about as long as nami.
FullMetalKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 12:34   Link #284
The_Three_Kings

I hope if a Logia joins that Luffy gets to fight him/her first, so that we know that Luffy is still the strongest and that not all logias are overpowered.....
The_Three_Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 11:18   Link #285
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Three_Kings View Post
I hope if a Logia joins that Luffy gets to fight him/her first, so that we know that Luffy is still the strongest and that not all logias are overpowered.....
Honestly, I was thinking that if a Logia user were to join the crew, he'd have to be practically a walking embarrassment to all other Logia types.

I actually figured on a water-type; the Strawhats do tend to get the oddballs of the bunch so why not a guy who's weakness is his own element? A water-man who can't swim... fits too well.

Even though he's a Logia type, he'd probably still have some physical weakness. Since water is actually something that resides within the human body, he'd run a great risk just by going into full elemental form. Imagine he's fighting in the desert and part of him just happens to evaporate! Or say he reforms with something lodged inside him...

There's a strength in that rule too, but I'd rather not say it and ruin the surprise...

Still, I think that would be great irony since anytime a person mentions a "water-fruit" everyone automatically assumes it's god-modded. Having it be rather counter-productive as well as a walking contradiction (water that doesn't float?) would be a nice twist.
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 11:56   Link #286
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Honestly, I was thinking that if a Logia user were to join the crew, he'd have to be practically a walking embarrassment to all other Logia types.

I actually figured on a water-type; the Strawhats do tend to get the oddballs of the bunch so why not a guy who's weakness is his own element? A water-man who can't swim... fits too well.

Even though he's a Logia type, he'd probably still have some physical weakness. Since water is actually something that resides within the human body, he'd run a great risk just by going into full elemental form. Imagine he's fighting in the desert and part of him just happens to evaporate! Or say he reforms with something lodged inside him...

There's a strength in that rule too, but I'd rather not say it and ruin the surprise...

Still, I think that would be great irony since anytime a person mentions a "water-fruit" everyone automatically assumes it's god-modded. Having it be rather counter-productive as well as a walking contradiction (water that doesn't float?) would be a nice twist.
Interesting concept. Here's some things I'd like to add: The water based Logia would have to be based on fresh water. So the user can swim in fresh water but not in sea water. The salt in the sea water would weigh down on the user even in his/her water form. And if a bag of salt were to be thrown at the Water Logia user with a direct hit, the salt would make the user feel heavy so much he/she could barely move.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 14:03   Link #287
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Interesting concept. Here's some things I'd like to add: The water based Logia would have to be based on fresh water. So the user can swim in fresh water but not in sea water. The salt in the sea water would weigh down on the user even in his/her water form. And if a bag of salt were to be thrown at the Water Logia user with a direct hit, the salt would make the user feel heavy so much he/she could barely move.
Even that seems a bit much, though thus far I'm fairly sure they've yet to specify whether or not fresh water effects the Akuma no Mi the same way sea water does. I once heard from somewhere that any body of water counts, but that was just an opinion if I remember correctly.

Still, the salt idea would be rather interesting. Imagine him getting salt trapped inside his body? Trapped in a state of haggard weakness until the substance... passes.

Oh god I just thought of kidney stones again!
Old 2008-09-08, 18:24   Link #288
The_Three_Kings

Quote:
Even that seems a bit much, though thus far I'm fairly sure they've yet to specify whether or not fresh water effects the Akuma no Mi the same way sea water does. I once heard from somewhere that any body of water counts, but that was just an opinion if I remember correctly.

Still, the salt idea would be rather interesting. Imagine him getting salt trapped inside his body? Trapped in a state of haggard weakness until the substance... passes.

Oh god I just thought of kidney stones again!
I was thinking maybe the user could conjure water out of the moisture in the air and he/she has no power over other water.
Old 2008-09-08, 18:26   Link #289
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
I was thinking maybe the user could conjure water out of the moisture in the air and he/she has no power over other water.
Well that would make him more of a Paramecia type then.
Old 2008-09-08, 18:40   Link #290
The_Three_Kings

Quote:
Well that would make him more of a Paramecia type then.
They could still turn into water.

Last edited by The_Three_Kings; 2008-09-08 at 18:40. Reason: grammar
Old 2008-09-08, 18:42   Link #291
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
They could still turn into water.
Sorry, just the way you phrased it lead me to think so.
Old 2008-09-09, 06:07   Link #292
Prestige

Spoiler for Warning! Manga chapter 514 spoilers.:
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 13:41   Link #293
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Spoiler for The Ninth to Join?:

Only Oda will tell...
Old 2008-10-27, 13:53   Link #294
Genius-kun
Away for a bit...
*Scanlator

Spoiler for One Piece Manga Spoiler:

Just my opinion...

Genius-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 14:12   Link #295
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Hmm, pehaps we'll have another "temporary" member, like Vivi was in the Baroque Works Saga?

After all, Luffy won't fair well by himself and has to find the rest of his crew. He's going to need some support.

Spoiler for More present material:
Old 2008-10-27, 15:31   Link #296
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
With recent events the way they are, I've come upon a conclusion: What if each of the now-seperated strawhats finds someone they wish to bring along? We haven't even seen the rest of the crew, and everyone is jumping to conclusions....
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 18:10   Link #297
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
With recent events the way they are, I've come upon a conclusion: What if each of the now-seperated strawhats finds someone they wish to bring along? We haven't even seen the rest of the crew, and everyone is jumping to conclusions....
That's pretty good, I have to hand it to you!
It even goes along a bit with some ideas I had bouncing around over in the Chopper Discussion Thread.
Old 2008-10-28, 05:30   Link #298
Sordes Pilosus
Claymore Addict

Does this thread need really spoiler tags ? Or only if its related to the manga ? Considering animesuki is a anime based forum for starter's. Once this is answered ill go at it and post some scenario's or theories i have (Quite alot.)
Sordes Pilosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 07:49   Link #299
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordes Pilosus View Post
Does this thread need really spoiler tags ? Or only if its related to the manga ? Considering animesuki is a anime based forum for starter's. Once this is answered ill go at it and post some scenario's or theories i have (Quite alot.)
So far, the only situation I've gotten away with not putting spoiler tags is when the thread has the phrase [manga] in it's title, this way people are aware that it's a manga discussion and won't complain about spoiling the plot. If you don't see that in the title, you're bettr off putting in spoiler tags therwise the site admins may mark you(happened to me just recently for a minor error on my part).

There you go, now let's see these theories of yours.
Old 2008-10-28, 10:06   Link #300
Vree

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Considering that these side-adventures are also preparing the crew for their involvement in the WG/Whitebeard conflict, getting some helpers together would seem quite logical, even if they will not become permanent crewmembers.

I'm still holding my breath for Usopp to find his 8,000 men.
Vree is offline   Reply With Quote