AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 60 52.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 26.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 13.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.87%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.87%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.87%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-11, 17:02   Link #301
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
Macross 7 Dynamite Ep4 ~00:11:07. Zolan females also has two hair colors e.g. look at Liza, Elma.
Eh, I was referring to their inability to crossbreed with humans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycrop View Post
Not gonna lie...manly tears drop when i hear that battle version of aimo. ;_(
You wasted your tears on the wrong things! A tear is better spent lamenting over the Queen's temporary fall, for she shall rise again and make Frontier anew!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2008-08-11 at 17:20.
Old 2008-08-11, 20:48   Link #302
Goregeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Lunar puts out both h264 and Xvid subs... although for some reason their Xvid subs won't play on my DVD player or my PS3
Try Copying onto your HDD with a flash drive, might work then.
Old 2008-08-12, 02:35   Link #303
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Wait if Zolan's can't breed with humans, can they breed with Zentradies? Maybe that's how it works, they need to breed with a Zentradi first, and then they can make babies with humans.
Old 2008-08-12, 02:40   Link #304
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Wait if Zolan's can't breed with humans, can they breed with Zentradies? Maybe that's how it works, they need to breed with a Zentradi first, and then they can make babies with humans.
Except Zents are just humans... enlarged.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-12, 02:43   Link #305
.Mero

I don't care what herritage Michel is, he just need to get his shit together, get macronized and get it on with Klan, cause that's the only damn woman he'll ever need.

Klan's got it bad for Michel, poor girl, just watch the library scene again, and when she was looking in the window in ep17 before he came to see her to ask to introduce him to the student for pill research
Old 2008-08-12, 04:16   Link #306
Sunab0uzu

omg nooooooo sheryl!!
Old 2008-08-12, 05:24   Link #307
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Ok I have certainly decided that Lunar's Subbing skills are better than gg's. Each episode just makes so much more sense as the wording is better. Might be my personal opinion.
Old 2008-08-12, 05:33   Link #308
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Ok I have certainly decided that Lunar's Subbing skills are better than gg's. Each episode just makes so much more sense as the wording is better. Might be my personal opinion.
It certainly is. I like gg much better.
Old 2008-08-12, 10:20   Link #309
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
The only miss I see with Lunar is their use of "Reflex" weapons.
Old 2008-08-12, 14:33   Link #310
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Except Zents are just humans... enlarged.

- Tak
Not exactly. Not all Zents have 100% human characteristics. Some have enlarged weird looking brains. Different skin tones (purple, blue and green), and different hair colors.

I'm pretty sure Zents aren't JUST humans enlarged, they're definitely a lot more different than us.
Old 2008-08-12, 14:36   Link #311
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Not exactly. Not all Zents have 100% human characteristics. Some have enlarged weird looking brains. Different skin tones (purple, blue and green), and different hair colors.

I'm pretty sure Zents aren't JUST humans enlarged, they're definitely a lot more different than us.
You are reading into it too much, I was merely referring to their reproductive abilities, which I am sure most Zents remain more-than-functional

- Tak

Old 2008-08-13, 03:46   Link #312
wolfboy
:3

Alto seemed pretty annoyed at Ranka this ep.
Old 2008-08-13, 05:46   Link #313
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
Alto seemed pretty annoyed at Ranka this ep.
What do you mean? I don't think they even met.
Old 2008-08-13, 06:39   Link #314
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

I think wolfboy is projecting. Ranka is singing in the square on the big megatron projector thingy and the girls are talking about where Sheryl went off to and seeing the bin filled with 50% off Sheryl albums. Alto gets annoyed at something because he is one big ball of angst recently and hence he must be annoyed at Ranka. I don't think that is the case at all. It's just the situation of attempting to find troubled Sheryl is pissing him off.

On a plus note, Ranka looked closer to 14 *gasp* rather than 11 at the news conference. I'm sure next time they show her she will be back down to around age 10 to make up for it again.

I guess Ranka is suffering from Chinese Women's Gymnastics syndrome. If those girls on that team are 16 I'll eat my hat. (A dig at the 2008 Olympics)
Old 2008-08-13, 07:15   Link #315
Tak

Quote:
I guess Ranka is suffering from Chinese Women's Gymnastics syndrome. If those girls on that team are 16 I'll eat my hat. (A dig at the 2008 Olympics)
I guess you might have to do that (eat your hat, of course)

Because they are... well, 16 and below.

But don't worry, to make your experience an easier one, I've got... ketchup.

- Tak

Old 2008-08-13, 09:02   Link #316
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Alto wasn't looking for Sheryl at that point in the episode; the scene takes place before Michael and Klan had their discussion about the pill that Michael found.

Alto was simply irritated by the way in which those girls were talking about Sheryl. Not much more to it than that.
Old 2008-08-13, 12:12   Link #317
glyph

You know, I think Sheryl and Ranka have really mismatched monikers. They should swap.

Sheryl -> Galactic Cinderella, miserable childhood (not really for Ranka with her loving brother and friends for support, and merciful amnesia), twist on Cinderella rags to riches story that ends at the stroke of midnight, complete with evil cyborg Fairy godmother.

Ranka -> Super Dimensional Sylph (Chou Jikuu Yousei, geddit?), ?born? with strange unique powers that are not quite human, has mysterious past that she doesn't remember, is seen as Frontier's goddess of victory.
Old 2008-08-13, 12:15   Link #318
Lostdreams

Quote:
I think wolfboy is projecting. Ranka is singing in the square on the big megatron projector thingy and the girls are talking about where Sheryl went off to and seeing the bin filled with 50% off Sheryl albums. Alto gets annoyed at something because he is one big ball of angst recently and hence he must be annoyed at Ranka. I don't think that is the case at all. It's just the situation of attempting to find troubled Sheryl is pissing him off.

On a plus note, Ranka looked closer to 14 *gasp* rather than 11 at the news conference. I'm sure next time they show her she will be back down to around age 10 to make up for it again.

Didn't your mommy ever tell you passports never lie? I'd shave my legs if those girls were even 14.

Last edited by Lostdreams; 2008-08-13 at 12:40.
Old 2008-08-13, 12:29   Link #319
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
You know, I think Sheryl and Ranka have really mismatched monikers. They should swap.

Sheryl -> Galactic Cinderella, miserable childhood (not really for Ranka with her loving brother and friends for support, and merciful amnesia), twist on Cinderella rags to riches story that ends at the stroke of midnight, complete with evil cyborg Fairy godmother.

Ranka -> Super Dimensional Sylph (Chou Jikuu Yousei, geddit?), ?born? with strange unique powers that are not quite human, has mysterious past that she doesn't remember, is seen as Frontier's goddess of victory.
Hey, that's actually pretty good!
Old 2008-08-14, 07:57   Link #320
MooMooFarm

As someone who does not know jack about the macross series, this is one of the few episodes that made me happy and the first to make me interested in the story of frontier.

The other were the first few with the initial dogfights before they became recycled trash.

And of course, the fighting STILL SUCKS at this point. It's like watching online game fights. Doesn't matter if I see Matrix Kung Fu or what not if I can't appreciate HOW difficult or HOW coordinated or HOW skillful you pilots are. Oh and they still just plug in RANDOM CANNON FODDERS with their UGLY FACES in just to be killed off. It's like, with a track record like that, you might as well call SMS the Surviver Macross Squad and have the regular army called 1800-Free-Coffin-4-Me.

Might I add the previous episode or so where Ozma pulled a fake Mu and took the bullet for the Battle Frontier? Like wow, when you rip off stuff, please don't do it from SEED OKAY? You rip off over-dramatic bishie/dreamy girls stuff from CE, not fights events. Next you are gonna see Alto cry over Sheryl's death and go "I AM GUNDA...ERR I MEAN VF-25!!!" And of course Brera will come in some fat version of his already girly suit but this time in NEON PINK and have a giant GLOW STICK and they will RAM EACH OTHER and then a FIREWORK EXPLOSION OF EPIC PROPORTION will trigger in sync with Ranka's singing causing all Vajra to blow up and then Grace's sekret plot will then fail for some unknown reason.

And of course, Klan and Mikhail will be drifting in space, then they bung each other. I don't even know how.

But umm yeah, this was a awesome ep. Please hope this keeps up. And either LESS FIGHTING or more REAL FIGHTS THAT MATTER. At this point, I don't even KNOW what the lil kid with pikachu cheeks does anymore other than suck but have more 1-ups than youtube video marios.
Closed Thread