AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-11-17, 22:36   Link #55141
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Rosetta comet landing resulted in the entire probe ditched into a cave 1 kilometer off target, because stupid anchor just refuse to work. As the result, the mission was restricted to 64 battery hours without the help of solar system.

Also, I'm not accounting pilot factor here. That said a true exploration I.S. would dedicate most of it's system slot to propulsion and shield anyway.
Old 2014-11-17, 22:38   Link #55142
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It'd need the same nutrient providing function of the Sengoku drivers too. Can't travel deepspace in just a space suit when you can die of hunger.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 22:39   Link #55143
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You know had Tabane get the budget for it I'm pretty sure she will design the perfect space shuttle carrier too. Possibly FTL capable.

Akatsubaki and golems were pretty much made iron man style, in a cave with box of scraps.
Old 2014-11-17, 22:44   Link #55144
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Akatsubaki and golems were pretty much made iron man style, in a cave with box of scraps.
And built specifically for combat, sadly. If they convert those to space-exploration units, they'll be called warships. Not space shuttles.
Old 2014-11-17, 22:47   Link #55145
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Yeah... now I remember that fic concept I wrote on here a long time ago.

For me, IS aren't magic. It's still science. It can be science despite the original author just pulling shit out his ass. It can all be explained at some point. The PIC in particular either divides or inverts the values of forces being acted on an IS. It can't turn the whole thing into a perfect zero without those values having an exit point.

Even AIC is the same way. Because if it was an absolute stasis field then Ichika shouldn't have been aware while gripped by Laura. Neiter should Rin nor Cecilia have been. Actually they should've been dead or at least afflicted with some kind of breathing problem due to slowed muscle movement. Even with their PIC protecting them. The alternative would've been if the PIC were that strong then it should have overpowered the AIC.
Old 2014-11-17, 22:52   Link #55146
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
And built specifically for combat, sadly. If they convert those to space-exploration units, they'll be called warships. Not space shuttles.
One has to remember I.S. born as combat unit was Tabane throwing a hissy fit

I was speculating back when budget cut and project mothballing didn't happen, I.S. verse will be pretty much interstellar
Old 2014-11-18, 00:44   Link #55147
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Hmmm I was more thinking along the lines of shield rectifiers, maximized booster units. That kind of stuff.
That IS the ISPER concept.

Karon maximizes Sensors with a bonus to Accuracy and debuffs Evasion through threat prediction.

Gin maximizes Computer power with active buff to sensors and comms range.

Riz maximises power to the photonic emitters to the point that they can we used as weapons.

Erika maximizes the Structural Integrity Fields, giving her superstrength and active buff makes her temporarily invulnerable with immunity to CC.

Celeste unlocks interesting uses for the pinpoint barrier systems.
Old 2014-11-18, 01:00   Link #55148
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
One has to remember I.S. born as combat unit was Tabane throwing a hissy fit

I was speculating back when budget cut and project mothballing didn't happen, I.S. verse will be pretty much interstellar
That gave me an idea. Thing is, Athena's exploring all the different kinds of alternate universes. One of which is where the IS is actually used for deep-space explorations. In other words, canon IS never existed. (Byakushiki, Akatsubaki etc etc.)
Old 2014-11-18, 01:31   Link #55149
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
That gave me an idea. Thing is, Athena's exploring all the different kinds of alternate universes. One of which is where the IS is actually used for deep-space explorations. In other words, canon IS never existed. (Byakushiki, Akatsubaki etc etc.)
and a high school drama set on Mars, with Ichika finding himself thrust into the role of a Stratos Build Fighter when Dan shoves his new Build Byakushiki into his hands. To his surprise, Ichika finds success using Dan's unit, and the two halves of one whole set out on an epic quest through thw solar system.

I call this timeline Infinite Stratos INNOCENT.
Old 2014-11-18, 01:41   Link #55150
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So many direct rip-offs that I'm crying tears of amusement.

Studying the F-series jets has taught me exactly why we have no super prototype in the world.

With an IS though, what is the ceiling? How much money do you funnel into the project when you don't even know what you want out of it? Military development sets out required specs before shelling out the cash after seeing he proposed designs to meet said specs. But with a new type of warfare in IS with nobody having any idea what you need out of this thing. How much is too much? How much is too little?

If White Knight was their spec bar from the start, wouldn't that just be hosing down national budget?
Old 2014-11-18, 07:43   Link #55151
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Sunrise itself carries many meaning. To plants, it’s time for them to shed the dew and raise up the leaves. To herbivores, it’s another chance to roll on the grassfield. To carnivores, the hunt is over, and the curtain now raised. To human, it decides whether would it be a nice or bad day to live – and to die.
Sipping the tongue-scorching tea, Ryuuin Shinonono seemed deep in trance. Behind this thin, aromatic mist, he seemed more like a Xian, clear of picayune thoughts and worries. His breath harmonized with the air. It was only times like this that he might escape from the ever-brewing storm inside. However, just as darkness still gloom over red sun, something had been bothering him.
He could taste the bitter of green leaves and sweet of rain water, earthen of Raku ware and metal of tama. But something is different. It’s the same thing that his wife herself panted, her ash was scattered there, and their daughter cut these by her own hands. The charcoal, the flame, the water, the earthen wares, nothing changed. So what could go wrong?
Ryuuin’s line of thoughts was suddenly interrupted by the cold wind.
“It always puzzles me of what do you like that tea so much, father.”
Tabane, whom acted like this is her own house, sat down right across her father and poured one cup for herself. She seemed more than emphatically to make her taste it, though.
“I’ve already told you, child, but you could never understand it.” She hadn’t changed much, her father noted. Still these same eyes that questioned everything, and her dyed hair which once made his late wife threw a terrible tantrum.
“Yes I do! You could never get past her death!” The accusation glare might had been able to burn him if it was sunlight.
“Isn’t you the same, child? It’s our Shinonono’s nature to drink our grieves.”
“That same old same old rhetoric. I couldn’t fathom how could you sit here, pretend nothing has happened, and shed not even one thought for Houki and Ichika’s safety.” The Chabudai could almost collapsed under her fist.
“Don’t forget that you created this mess. If not for your ambition, everyone would had stayed the same.”
“Yes, I know! But at least I never make my loves ones pay for my sins...”
“That is enough!” For the first time since the start of the conversation that Ryuuin showed the first sign of rage. Even Tabane seemed to had taken back a bit with the prospect of a Chabudai gaeshi.
“You’re not a Shinonono anymore. Tell me what you want to do with us, if not then leave!”
“Fine! I’m here to handle Houki this!” The paper was pushed toward Ryuuin, it said: “Apllication of Infinite Stratos Academy”.
“Do you think I’ll ever let my child near these abominations?”
“’She’ is the least of our concern, and if anything happens, Chifuyu would be able to protect them. Something that you can’t.”
Her father seemed to went between accepting it and tearing the paper in half. Tabane lowered her voice into a more persuasive manner:
“I know that it’s hard to let her go, but that it’s what must be done.”
After a long time of reasoning, he finally put down his judgement.
“Prove to me what you’re capable of. Then I might consider it.”
“Great! Also, I need to take Ichika with me.”
“What do you want with him?”
“Our brother’ll be the one to end this, just as how we started it.”
“… Do as you want, as fast as possible. This house does not welcome you.”
“And I want nothing more than to leave this place.”
Maybe for all the time I'm here, demino has the most influence on my writing.

Question: If Byakushiki is fixed of all flaws by Tabane, how much would it change?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 07:44   Link #55152
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nah, Tabane just that hax, budget for space exploration project are TINY compared to what they want to shell on jet fighter.

Also, Congress. Never forget congress, especially when feature creep began to kick in, we ended up with Bradley and F-35 as result.

Like I said, things Tabane do with money and material in her disposal are beyond mortal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Maybe for all the time I'm here, demino has the most influence on my writing.

Question: If Byakushiki is fixed of all flaws by Tabane, how much would it change?
It hit faster and harder, that's about it.

The only problem with ByakuShiki so to speak is leaking battery.
Old 2014-11-18, 08:55   Link #55153
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I know Tabane is just that hax but I'm just saying the idea that congress would try to force a unit to match white knight... no budget in the world could replicate it. Not without Tabane anyway.

And how do I influence Fire's writing?
Old 2014-11-18, 12:02   Link #55154
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I know Tabane is just that hax but I'm just saying the idea that congress would try to force a unit to match white knight... no budget in the world could replicate it. Not without Tabane anyway.

And how do I influence Fire's writing?
Oh yeah, they even tried fitting IS with rifles that had underslung nuke launchers.

And you guys know how that went.
Old 2014-11-18, 20:52   Link #55155
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Still less crazy than building sized nuclear cannon
Old 2014-11-18, 21:31   Link #55156
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So french weapons design doctrine really is flexibility.

Hmm thinking of German frame design. I'd have it nicknamed KugelMauser by its pilots. Much to the chagrin of the frame development team. But seriously, It's like a giant ball of death as compared to other frames of its time. A G1 stepped up into G2 territory with improved equalizer technology, the KugelMauser was developed with much skepticism of the full capabilities of an IS core.

German engineers weren't confident in the core's shielding as well as its promised improvement pf general unit mobility. So what they did was make it a tank. The massive physical armor and counter measure ablative and reactive armor technologies underneath bloated the parts, resulting in the rptund shape. The KugelMauser's bus slots were especially optimized to quantize large scale artillery, bombardment and siege equipment. Not much was made in the way of close cpmbat except for anti-ship machine guns.

Also imagining anpther japanese frame in concept but not sure on it yet. The one frame with variable wings I posted before, I'd probably keep as American design.
Old 2014-11-19, 00:14   Link #55157
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I went with a relatively balanced IS design by the germans, providing a trinity of armour, mobility and firepower, with a really good gun in terms of recoil, firing speed and accuracy. However, the rivalry between Renault, Porche and BMW led to essentially 3 flavors of Hase-types, with the BMW being slower but more armored, and the Porche being faster but with a smaller shield rating.

Renault produced the Schwarzehase-type we are more familiar with.
Old 2014-11-19, 01:50   Link #55158
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Renault is a French company.
Old 2014-11-19, 02:13   Link #55159
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Renault is a French company.
- Nobody ever credited Izuru with being accurate.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 02:43   Link #55160
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But I credit Meister with great accuracy in his references as I do you. No matter how obscure those referencea might be.

What if someone used the PIC to make a direct force gun?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest