AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-03-27, 20:34   Link #1441
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

BTW, are there any color images of Curren? I have sudden freak theory I want to rule out.

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 20:42   Link #1442
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Not as of yet, no.
Old 2011-03-27, 20:53   Link #1443
Justin_Brett

I really hope Isis isn't connected to the Huckebein. I mean, not everything in this story has to revolve around them.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 21:01   Link #1444
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
I'd liek to make cypha blush >:3

/divided

Disturbing image is disturbing.
Old 2011-03-27, 21:08   Link #1445
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

We don't know Isis' last name, do we?

Edit: Ah, yes we do. It must have been given outside the manga.

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 21:11   Link #1446
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Is Force still supposed to have that "War Chronicle" subtitle, or was that a mistranslation?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 21:20   Link #1447
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I really hope Isis isn't connected to the Huckebein. I mean, not everything in this story has to revolve around them.
Well, it seems more like "everything in this story has to revolve around the Eclipse virus/Book of the Silver Cross/Dividers/Reactors/Plugs MacGuffin"--the Hucks are one of the things that do, Lily is another, the unnamed scientists are a third...I suspect Isis to have a connection, too, but I don't know if her connection will end up being off the Huckebein branch ("They killed my family!") or off one of the other threads, or if she'll be a branch in and of herself...but I'm sure that in one way or another she'll tie in.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 00:55   Link #1448
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Is Force still supposed to have that "War Chronicle" subtitle, or was that a mistranslation?
"Record" is the official word AFAIK.
Old 2011-03-28, 01:38   Link #1449
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
That seems a bit out of character for the leader of the safe haven for Eclipse infectees.
I am amazed that you can call the actions of a character who has only just now been introduced out of character.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 02:27   Link #1450
Justin_Brett

She's the leader of a group made up of entirely Eclipse infectees, whose direct purpose is to give them some place to live among other people with that condition. That mere fact is characterization.

But I'm not even really talking about character here: my point was that Tsuzuki wrote himself into a corner with this battle. Which he did, because of my points above.

Last edited by Justin_Brett; 2011-03-28 at 02:40.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 03:45   Link #1451
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
She's the leader of a group made up of entirely Eclipse infectees, whose direct purpose is to give them some place to live among other people with that condition. That mere fact is characterization.
And tells us little to nothing about Curren herself. What is her plan? What news did she bring? What is her opinion on fighting the TSAB head on? How much value does she place on people who've chosen a different path? How much effort is she willing to put into getting the people who chose a different path? All that factors into her being out of character, and we know nothing about these elements. Calling her out of character on the mere premise that she chose to retreat is a huge leap of logic.

Quote:
But I'm not even really talking about character here: my point was that Tsuzuki wrote himself into a corner with this battle. Which he did, because of my points above.
They still cannot reclaim Touma 'easily' considering that they still have to fight several standing TSAB officers and Touma himself.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 04:32   Link #1452
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

There's not much to say about Curren at the moment(save for the obvious fact that she's quite the badmouth), her personality, goals and opinions are still a mistery. I agree to Tsuzuki writing himself intoa corner tough. As valid as they reasons to retreat was, it still feels loke a Daus Ex Machina pulled to save the heroes asses from this hopeless fight. the odds are clearly in favour of the Hucks yet they still retreat, they probably have a very important reason to do so, but they still abandon a fight that they're clearly winning.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 04:56   Link #1453
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Errr wait, the odds weren't in favor of the Hucks 'till Curren (swear to god her name is weird) arrived. Also the battle was something they didn't pursue, they were reacting to the TSAB/Section Six attack IIRC.

Also, cocky bastards being cocky bastards (The kid is going to come with us so it doesn't matter~) is not being out of character.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 05:33   Link #1454
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
You folks are all so hateful and violent. You make Cypha blush.
Wha? I was just highlighting a possible explanation for this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Deville seems to be asexual, Cypha is apparently in love with her Divider, Stella is too young and Fortis will probably just utilize the woman in question for his own purposes and ditch/kill her when she outlives her usefullness. Arnage seems to be more sensible than the rest but real shipping is still yet to be showed(Arnage x Isis didn't count yet).

But, considering the kind of plot FORCE is following things like shipping and romance issues will more likely never be touched so the shipping will be only fan-exclusive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
depends on the news
Karen: I'm pregnant!
Veyron: *runs like hell*

Quote:
Unfortunately considering the writer's *ahem* impressive skill *ahem* she'll probably turn out to be their grandmother. Oh, and she was also sisters with Rein. And was actually Fate's real father (a mage did it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I agree to Tsuzuki writing himself into a corner tough. As valid as they reasons to retreat was, it still feels like a Daus Ex Machina pulled to save the heroes asses from this hopeless fight. the odds are clearly in favour of the Hucks yet they still retreat, they probably have a very important reason to do so, but they still abandon a fight that they're clearly winning.
Well depending on just how valuable the cure is to them, it's possible they just didn't want to waste even a second on an out of control not-quite-ally as well as dealing with distracting TSAB insects - it'd be like insisting on finding the mosquito that had bitten you when you desperately needs to go to the bathroom.

But I'd agree on one thing: having the heroes be spared from trouble only because they're not worth wasting time on is embarrassing. Very common in shounen fighting/adventure stories, but nevertheless embarrassing. It's like having Earth being saved because the aliens turned out to be allergic to water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Errr wait, the odds weren't in favor of the Hucks 'till Curren (swear to god her name is weird) arrived.
Oh yes they did. Some of them hadn't even gone One Winged Angel Reacted yet.
Old 2011-03-28, 06:41   Link #1455
Fluegel

Artist blog update

Fluegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 07:06   Link #1456
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post

But I'd agree on one thing: having the heroes be spared from trouble only because they're not worth wasting time on is embarrassing. Very common in shounen fighting/adventure stories, but nevertheless embarrassing. It's like having Earth being saved because the aliens turned out to be allergic to water.
As i see it Curren doesnt want to escalate the fight with the TSAB, if they wiped a full team it will force a reaction from the bureau.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 07:26   Link #1457
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluegel View Post
Artist blog update

Hm, I wonder if these are previews for what's in Nyantype, or if those are just some images she drew for her blog (should I save them or not =/)
Old 2011-03-28, 07:27   Link #1458
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
As i see it Curren doesnt want to escalate the fight with the TSAB, if they wiped a full team it will force a reaction from the bureau.
It's still embarrassing.

Oh no, our brave heroes are being pushed back by the vile enemy! What are they going to do? Will they pull out a secret counter-Eclipse spell - anti-matter/laser/sonic/etc spell or something? Or sprung a trap? Or be saved by reinforcements? Or at least make it a Pyrrhic victory for the Hucks with their wits, cunning and team work worthy of TSAB's elite?!

...or the enemy could just spare them, one reason or another. Can't think of a better way to save their (lovely) asses, Tsuzuki?
Old 2011-03-28, 07:32   Link #1459
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

It's the simplest and easiest way to do it. If Nanoha and co did pull out some new weapon or whatever to turn the tide, it would drag this particular arc out even more, and would warrent even more cries of deus ex machina.

Or maybe not, since it's okay if the good guys do things like that

As the ones with the upper hand, the Huckebein had the right to do whatever they pleased, and they decided to get while the getting was good.
Old 2011-03-28, 07:35   Link #1460
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Maid!Lily = NNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, nanoha force