AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 12 21.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 30.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 30.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.57%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-27, 13:03   Link #81
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
So this is the adaptation from the novel and not from the game version?
Yes, the TE anime is an adaptation of the TE novels (there's also a manga, if I remember correctly). There's no game version of it as of yet (it's going to release on the PS3 later this year, I think), except for a short demo.
Old 2012-08-27, 14:10   Link #82
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

I have to say, this ep. would've gotten a 7 from me had it not been for that last bit at the end of the episode with Yui bearing a expression of relief, shedding a tear. That was the cherry on top in my opinion. I liked that someone on a previous post also mentioned before that in ep. 2 Yui swore to herself that she would never cry again, that really says something about what was going through her head then as opposed to now with Yuuya's success in testing the weapon. 8/10!

It seems like the new weapon can make a single TSF pilot a one man army against the hordes of BETA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
From what I've heard they didn't receive much budget for this.
Hopefully the Blu-rays will have redone scenes, there's a lot that could actually use some work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Really. That was something that really stood out

Except that, I really enjoyed the episode, nice balance of action, technical stuffs and Yui/Yuuya interactions. Nothing felt out of place. A bit lovey-dovey in the end with each other for that context, but it was really nice. Even if I didn't get what they intended to do with Yui's face while hearing Yuuya thanking her. She at first seemed to be depressed/offended instead of being proud of her work (despite whatever Yuuya could have said her just one second later).

Maybe Yui is just happy on the inside that Yuuya is finally acknowledging her, perhaps in more ways than one. I think that's one of the most important things in building a relationship between pilots/officers/superiors. Also, before, Yuuya had been adamant about the Japanese and especially Yui given her background. In this ep., he actually credited Yui and the Japanese for the reason why the mission was a success. That part probably surprised her too. Ultimately, in the end, I think Yui was just relieved that Yuuya was safe, and happy that mostly everything worked out with the test weapon, and that there wasn't a disastrous slaughter.

Last edited by greensoulreaper; 2012-08-27 at 14:28.
Old 2012-08-27, 16:34   Link #83
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Pretty enjoyable overall.

I was a bit worried when I saw the animation quality of the Russian fleet moving into position. Just lucky they have CGI for the tanks and TSFs I guess.

Well I'm quite the Yui X Yuuya shipper now, can't wait for the next episode.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2012-08-28, 11:28   Link #84
klare

this time i agree with Yuuya, something is going on with Cryska, something very wrong

also pity those that being killed due to politics and pride of a certain people, sadly which most likely do happen in real battlefield

this is the best eps since the first 2, so far
Old 2012-08-28, 19:39   Link #85
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Its track 6 of the MLA OST Vol.2 No idea what title.

And oh god, I can't help myself, when I saw that Jacob die, this was the first thing to come to mind.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
i enjoyed that ...... i think thiers something wrong with me
Old 2012-08-28, 21:11   Link #86
LeoXiao
思想工作

I think that the guy was supposed to be called Yakov, not Jacob. I think I heard a "v" in there. But yeah, they did sort of ditch him back there.
Old 2012-08-28, 21:29   Link #87
rafael1932
claymores pimp

The rape is very cliché like the episode before. I would rather see the twin kill the guy that she was holding off with a knife or a gun. Why they don’t have a gun this time after what happened before?

About the plot of sacrificing their people I am a little divided. Don’t real know what to think but changes are always good in the end. I like the hypothesis that someone said that the guys are thinking the situation after the beta invasion. Real positive thought after dealing with a superior intelligent specie.

The gun seems more like an energy gun than a rail gun. I personally don’t like since I love the concept behind rail gun technology. Still nice gun animation.

I hope a new type of alien to appear to counter this new weapon or the humans will have an easy task for now on – even if there are laser class among them, they will be easily killed.

And I agree with the people saying that this is the best episode after the second one. I think that we will have to wait more 3 or 4 episodes before having a nice one again just like before
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Its track 6 of the MLA OST Vol.2 No idea what title.

And oh god, I can't help myself, when I saw that Jacob die, this was the first thing to come to mind.
Images
You know I thought this as well. The guy is using a mecha so he is far more important than the tanks ones. Why they don’t even bother to save him? Is not like there are laser class among the aliens side
Old 2012-08-28, 21:30   Link #88
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

A little late here. As many people already said, so far, this is the best episode after the first two. I would’ve given it an 8 if not for the animation quality. I mean, do you see those badly animated battleships scene? Watching that, I kinda feel nostalgic coz the animation of that battleship scene is on par with Gundam SEED waaay back in the early 2000s. Also, the faces and movements of the characters are bad (Even worse than usual). I really hope the studio get more fund from whoever holding that bank account. A makeover in the upcoming Blu-ray version is cool to. Still, the Rail-Machinegun scene is totally EPIC! I was blown away (no pun intended ).

Also, from all those rapists and bullies, only one got chomped to death? Oh, come on BETA dudes, I know you’re better than that .
Old 2012-08-28, 21:55   Link #89
Destined_Fate

Well he was the one the ground and being swarmed. There was nothing they could do, if anything the rest would have been dragged down with him.
Old 2012-08-28, 22:07   Link #90
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
i enjoyed that ...... i think there's something wrong with me
You and me both then, but I was broken coming into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
The rape is very cliché like the episode before. I would rather see the twin kill the guy that she was holding off with a knife or a gun. Why they don’t have a gun this time after what happened before?

About the plot of sacrificing their people I am a little divided. Don’t real know what to think but changes are always good in the end. I like the hypothesis that someone said that the guys are thinking the situation after the beta invasion. Real positive thought after dealing with a superior intelligent specie.

And I agree with the people saying that this is the best episode after the second one. I think that we will have to wait more 3 or 4 episodes before having a nice one again just like before

You know I thought this as well. The guy is using a mecha so he is far more important than the tanks ones. Why they don’t even bother to save him? Is not like there are laser class among the aliens side
I was actually thinking of hinting that it was the Psychic twins that mind wipes the platoon to ignore him, but could not make it fit into the last picture, so I took it out. Otherwise, in that scenario they probably wrote him off when his comms cut off.

And some more screen gags.

Images

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-08-28, 22:22   Link #91
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
Why they don’t even bother to save him? Is not like there are laser class among the aliens side
It looked like he got isolated and the tank class surrounded him. Once a group of those things latches on to the TSF, the Eishi is pretty much done for. He got eaten pretty quickly too so chances are, there were additional tank class that joined in to feast on the guy. Heck, the F4s already have thicker armor and they can still be consumed in no time. If only the Destroyer was spotted and killed beforehand. It makes me wonder what's up with his Element.
Old 2012-08-28, 22:43   Link #92
DoomRavager

Images
Next episode Preview

Next episode preview images seem to have shown up a bit earlier this week?
Old 2012-08-28, 22:49   Link #93
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomRavager View Post
Images
Next episode Preview

Oh? They're still in Russia? The quotes in the preview made it sound like they've moved away from the frontlines and back into the testing sites...
Old 2012-08-28, 23:04   Link #94
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

That Jacob guy or whatever his name was had it coming to him. I honestly didn't give a flying fudge that he got nommed. I hate his type of character anyways.
Old 2012-08-28, 23:07   Link #95
Destined_Fate

He isn't the one that tried to rape Inia though, that monster is still alive and kicking. Though he may get nommed next.
Old 2012-08-28, 23:12   Link #96
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Its Russian roulette. The licker gets another chance the next episode, judging from the last preview pic.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-08-28, 23:15   Link #97
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomRavager View Post
Images

That is the guy who wanted to rape Inia, right? If he will get chomped by BETA next episode, I’ll enjoy every second of it .
Old 2012-08-29, 00:22   Link #98
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
He isn't the one that tried to rape Inia though, that monster is still alive and kicking. Though he may get nommed next.
He wasn't? Oh well. He was still a jerk, going along with the others in that whole "lets rape the twins to teach them a lesson" fiasco.
Old 2012-08-29, 02:11   Link #99
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It's not even about the physics, but the simpleness of a railgun being a projectile weapon, not a beam weapon.
My idea of a railgun is one that's armed with tactical nukes

But yeah by far the best ep. since 2. The info dump and blah, blah part got me the understand what was going on so it didn't bother me that much that the first half was slow.

About the animation quality...let's say during the pan of the navy support, the artist in me groaned I saw how bad those ships were drawn. I'm not expecting OVA quality by any means, but c'mon.
Old 2012-08-29, 02:42   Link #100
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Those people are just jealous of Inia and Cryska... God, even in war people gets jealous so easily..... anyway if he would be nommed that would the best part... haha...!

Lucky for these "eishis there were no Laser class in the past battles, if there were... there be no big head eishis but eishis hiding under bed.

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-08-29 at 03:32.
Closed Thread