AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-23, 20:23   Link #1
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

How many times....

How many times do you think Sunrise can keep releasing follow up series for Mai Hime and Mai Otome? They've been pretty sucsessful so far, but at what point will people stop wanting to watch the follow ups?

Last edited by Yazakura; 2008-04-12 at 03:29.
Old 2006-03-23, 20:25   Link #2
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazakura
How many times do you think Sunrise can keep releasing follow up series for My Hime and My Otome? They've been pretty sucsessful so far, but at what point will people stop wanting to watch the follow ups?
Tenchi Muyo
3 oav series
2 Tv series
2 spin tv series (GXP and pretty sammy)
3 movies

Gundam - need i say more.

As long as they can make money. Why not?

And as long as it is entertaining i will continue to give them money.
Old 2006-03-23, 20:34   Link #3
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

not to mention,

slayer tv-26 esp
slayer next-26 esp
slayer excellent
slayer gorgeous
slayer special
slayer return
slayer try-26 esp
slayer premium

and somemore couple of ova

pretty cure , 2 tv series and 1 on going tv series..( not sure why but i don find it interest to watch...)

as long as we fan have the money to pay for their salary..no matter how many season or series they will done it for us
Old 2006-03-23, 20:43   Link #4
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Full Metal Panic! TV Twenty-four episodes.
Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu? TV FMP Auto-Parody. Twelve episodes.
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid. Second FMP season. Thirteen episodes.
A Full Metal Panic! OVA coming soon...

As long as the series itself has not yet jumped the shark, it will continue entertaining its fanbase and audience.
Old 2006-03-23, 21:05   Link #5
Sakuya
*Artist

I think I already want to stop watching Sunrise's follow-ups. My Otome is nowhere near as exciting as My HiME, although it is still above average compared to other anime. If they could release a movie (like that fake one because it really does have potential) then I'd watch it definitely! As for 26-episode series, I'd have to think twice. Maybe see how the plot and animation goes.
Old 2006-03-23, 21:13   Link #6
BigPrime

As long as it's profitable for them to do so. That could be one more series or ten more. A franchise can last a very long time if handled properly. Look at James Bond or Dr. Who, around 40 years. Star Trek too is around 40 (if in something of a hiatus right now) and Gundam is rapidly approaching 30 years. Am I saying Mai * series should or will last that long? No, it's entirely possible for it to fizzle out after this series is complete or the one after that. But as long as the money rolls in, in amounts that are worth Bandai's interest, they'll keep funding it. That's what businesses do, after all.
Old 2006-03-23, 21:22   Link #7
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

If they made small OAVs or spoofs in-between entire seaons/series, it would keep everyone entertained. I'll wait 2 years for a tighter, well-written follow-up series if I get one or two OAVs in between.

For instance, to cover time from now until their next 'Mai-' series, some OAVs/Drama CDs that follow the old 'glory' days of Miss Maria, or of the Coral years of some of the 'new' cast, or heck, the Shizuru/Haruka Coral days...that would be well invested money.
Old 2006-03-23, 21:49   Link #8
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
I still want them to do a prequel OVA to HiME. It would give us a chance to see what a successful carnival is supposed to be like. Which should put the motivations of a certain character in much better perspective.
Closed Thread