AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

View Poll Results: What Grade will you give for Da Capo??
4-5 Star (Heart warming, Breath Taking) 63 51.22%
3-4 Star (Great!!) 29 23.58%
2-3 Star (Some flaws Detected) 22 17.89%
1-2 Star (Not interested...) 4 3.25%
This is one damn lousy series 5 4.07%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-23, 03:09   Link #401
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Now that I've finally seen the last episode, it's safe for me to post here again.
I really liked the ending. That's really rare for me to say, but they way they resolved the Nemu - Sakura issue was perfect. I think a second season would be a bad idea though. The series ended perfectly there. Why ruin it by adding an unneeded second season that would just be random filler? Maybe a single episode ova that tells more about what happened to the other characters like Kanon had, but nothing more than that.
I really need to start studying Japanese again. The game will probably never be released in english, and now this is another one I want to play...
Old 2004-01-23, 12:45   Link #402
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I think a second season would be a bad idea though. The series ended perfectly there. Why ruin it by adding an unneeded second season that would just be random filler? Maybe a single episode ova that tells more about what happened to the other characters like Kanon had, but nothing more than that.
Yeah, you're probably right. I guess it's just hard to let go. The answer, of course, is for me to learn enough Japanese to play the game, as you say!

And, also, I agree with Keitarou20...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-23, 20:19   Link #403
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Yeah it was a good ending. I laughed my ass off at the ending credits when they showed all the characters, and then they show a duck. I was like WHAT THE HECK?!?! It was hilarious!

Even though I never really liked Sakura, I felt bad for her in the last 3-4 episodes. I hope she becomes a true *boing boing* woman
Old 2004-01-26, 16:33   Link #404
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
The problem is in the original PC game, you have to have cleared Nemu, Sakura, Kotori, and Moe (all four characters that have a connection to the sakura tree) in order to get into Yoriko's scenario. In a sense, Misawa Yoriko is a "hidden character" in the original PC game.
Just out of curiosity, what was Moe's connection to the Sakura tree? She doesn't seem to have anything special (except for her ability to sleep and play instruments at the same time), so I'm a little confused about this...

Anyway, I just managed to watch the last few episodes of Da Capo today and I was very pleased with how it all ended. Though I would have liked to see a lot more closure with the side characters (and if the sakura tree didn't die, how come they still lost their powers?), I think it was done just well enough to appease me.

It was too bad the first half of the series was so bleh. They probably could have done this in 13 episodes like Kanon.
Old 2004-01-26, 18:04   Link #405
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Ahhh, but then you would have missed out on 7 (or so) of those wonderful side episodes!! (not to mention the 5 (6?) 'character music videos' )

An appropriate ending I think, well rounded and mostly tied up, good stuff, definitely.

I can see where you're coming from concerning the first 13 eps but personally I didn't mind these episodes myself, but then again it does take something extraordinarily bad to drive me away... usually Not that the first 13 were anything remotely approaching 'bad' of course (IMO).
Old 2004-01-26, 18:07   Link #406
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

My question would be if the sakura tree was dead, then why was old pink plushy bear girl still in the picture?? Wasn't she a side-effect of the sakura tree??
Old 2004-01-26, 19:02   Link #407
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Just out of curiosity, what was Moe's connection to the Sakura tree? She doesn't seem to have anything special (except for her ability to sleep and play instruments at the same time), so I'm a little confused about this...

Anyway, I just managed to watch the last few episodes of Da Capo today and I was very pleased with how it all ended. Though I would have liked to see a lot more closure with the side characters (and if the sakura tree didn't die, how come they still lost their powers?), I think it was done just well enough to appease me.

It was too bad the first half of the series was so bleh. They probably could have done this in 13 episodes like Kanon.
She had an unfortunate incident where her past "boyfriend," Kei-kun was killed in a car accident trying to save her from being run over. Her connection to the sakura tree was being able to "meet Kei-kun" in her dreams. In the game, as the sakura tree's power waned and waned, so did her ability to meet Kei-kun in the dream world...and she started taking sleeping pills excessively to force herself to go to sleep, shunning Junichi away.
Old 2004-01-26, 19:19   Link #408
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherNEZ
I can see where you're coming from concerning the first 13 eps but personally I didn't mind these episodes myself, but then again it does take something extraordinarily bad to drive me away... usually Not that the first 13 were anything remotely approaching 'bad' of course (IMO).
The first 13 episodes weren't bad by any means, but they were just enjoyable enough to keep me watching. Just barely.

Quote:
She had an unfortunate incident where her past "boyfriend," Kei-kun was killed in a car accident trying to save her from being run over. Her connection to the sakura tree was being able to "meet Kei-kun" in her dreams. In the game, as the sakura tree's power waned and waned, so did her ability to meet Kei-kun in the dream world...and she started taking sleeping pills excessively to force herself to go to sleep, shunning Junichi away.
Hmm... I don't think I caught any of that when I watched the series, but thanks for the clarification. Can you give me a rough estimate of which episode it's in so I can take a look?

Quote:
My question would be if the sakura tree was dead, then why was old pink plushy bear girl still in the picture?? Wasn't she a side-effect of the sakura tree??
I don't remember seeing the bear anywhere before that... which episode is it in?

Also, who are THESE two characters? I don't remember seeing them in the series either...

Old 2004-01-26, 19:27   Link #409
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Hmm... I don't think I caught any of that when I watched the series, but thanks for the clarification. Can you give me a rough estimate of which episode it's in so I can take a look?

I don't remember seeing the bear anywhere before that... which episode is it in?

Also, who are THESE two characters? I don't remember seeing them in the series either...
I was referring to the original D.C.~da capo~ PC game. The anime totally took out Moe's story on her relation to the sakura tree.

The pink bear's name is "Murasaki Izumiko." She appears randomly throughout the anime in the background. She was there for advertisement purposes for the PS2 version of the game, D.C.P.S.

The two characters here are:
Left: Mako's "stalker" (where Junichi went out with Mako)
Right: Nemu's "stalker" (the poem writer)

Last edited by kj1980; 2004-01-27 at 13:37.
Old 2004-01-26, 19:30   Link #410
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Oops double post sorry!
Old 2004-01-26, 19:34   Link #412
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Thanks for the answers, you two. I just don't notice the little tiny details like that I guess the two characters were my own forgetfulness, though...

Question: Is the Pink Bear's existance actually explained in the anime, or is it only explained in the game. Is it even explained at all or did you guys simply come to the conclusion that it was a product of the Sakura tree?
Old 2004-01-26, 23:48   Link #413
Jougen

This is my first post, and I couldn't find a set of rules around, so excuse me if I break any...

How would I go about acquiring the Da Capo PC Game? I've watched the anime already but I'd like to go deeper into the story...
Old 2004-01-27, 00:08   Link #414
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jougen
How would I go about acquiring the Da Capo PC Game? I've watched the anime already but I'd like to go deeper into the story...
If you want to know where to buy it, we can point you to some import stores. (shop.himeya.com has it, for example, but some people say they're expensive). If you want to know where you can acquire it through other means... I really don't know, anyways, even if it weren't against the forum rules.

Be forewarned though, of course the game is entirely Japanese with no subtitles, so if you don't know Japanese, you'd be out of luck, like me.But, I'm working on that; slowly but surely I'm going to learn Japanese! I've always wanted to learn a third language, anyways...
Old 2004-01-27, 00:45   Link #415
CelestiaLegends

I'm learning Japanese too, just so I can play DC, KGNE, Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito, and Kanon.

How good is your japanese? I read about a penpal method that works really well (well they wouldn't say it didn't work =P but I'll take their word for it), you write in english for the most part, but japanese in the parts you know. And when a japanese word has been intorduced, you can't use the english word for it. I'm just barely learning basic hirogana =P but it's good to know someone else is learning too.

About the imported games, what other websites are there? Honestly I download my games free, but the anime's are plain awsome so I wouldn't mind paying if I knew where to buy.

aaanndd lastly...test out spoiler tags =P

Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-27, 03:02   Link #416
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Spoiler:

Oh the pink bear is in every episode. I've found up to episode 16 (except episode 9)...and my eyes are shot.

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/...in_24_secs.jpg
http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/...in_12_secs.jpg
http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/...in_11_secs.jpg
http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/...in_26_secs.jpg
http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/...ns_52_secs.jpg
http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/...in_40_secs.jpg
http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/...in_17_secs.jpg
http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/...in_56_secs.jpg
http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/...in_54_secs.jpg
http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/...in_33_secs.jpg
http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/...in_52_secs.jpg
http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/...in_24_secs.jpg
http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/...in_44_secs.jpg
http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/...in_37_secs.jpg
http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/...in_50_secs.jpg

Oh, the timing's based on Soldat's subs.
THAT BEAR is CREEPY!!!
Old 2004-01-27, 06:51   Link #417
Mistwrath
Always confused . . .

Just finished playing the game the 2nd time and well, took me tons of time to look up my jap dictionary and then flipping back to my com and look at those words i had no idea of.

I guess I am going to take a big rest from Jap language related games for a while, need to refresh my poor knowledge of Jap language again.

Should have posted here and ask kj about some parts of the game earlier
Old 2004-01-27, 07:06   Link #418
WeeJie354
D.N.Angel FoReVeR

About the screenshot... what Media players can take the picture on the screen of the players...? pls tell me..
Old 2004-01-27, 10:17   Link #419
EternalBlue
☼~永遠なる青~☼

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJie354
About the screenshot... what Media players can take the picture on the screen of the players...? pls tell me..
SnatchIt! is a good program. Just set the thumbnail size to the size of the video and your all set. I think most other media players can screenshot though, it just doesn't work on my computer. Here's the link http://theedgeofforever.com/
Old 2004-01-27, 10:49   Link #420
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestiaLegends
I'm learning Japanese too, just so I can play DC, KGNE, Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito, and Kanon.
Add watching raw anime and just the desire to learn a new language, and that pretty much describes me too. I've always been fascinated by Japanese culture and, for some reason, I find that I can identify more with Japanese culture than our North American one in terms of attitudes, mannerisms, interests, and the like (this isn't just from or about anime and games, of course, but in broader terms).

Quote:
How good is your japanese? I read about a penpal method that works really well (well they wouldn't say it didn't work =P but I'll take their word for it), you write in english for the most part, but japanese in the parts you know. And when a japanese word has been intorduced, you can't use the english word for it. I'm just barely learning basic hirogana =P but it's good to know someone else is learning too.
Yeah, I'm just getting started in the hirogana also, and it's taking a while for my mind to make the leap from "letters" to "symbols", but I'm getting there. (I mean, letters really are only symbols anyways, but it still takes a bit to adjust!) As far as verbal word recognition and sentence structure goes, it's coming. In terms of pronunciation, I have to try to stop myself from putting either English or French accents on syllables, but it's also coming. Little by little... And, the method you suggest sounds likes a very good idea!

Quote:
About the imported games, what other websites are there? Honestly I download my games free, but the anime's are plain awsome so I wouldn't mind paying if I knew where to buy.
Actually, I haven't purchased many import games yet (since my language skills aren't good enough yet), but I'm sure other people on these boards can point you to the best places. I certainly agree, though, these animes and games are so good, that I think they're definitely worth buying.

Anyways, best of luck to you!

P.S. Yay! Fitting that my 100th post would be in the thread that made my join AnimeSuki forums in the first place. (I know that 100 posts may not seem like a lot to some of you, but it's a milestone for me! )
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, kemonomimi, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs