AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-07-13, 10:40   Link #561
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Which means if Ronove's statement is true she had to go the same trouble regarding spent energy and materials while summoning the seven sins, because Asmoday had to be on the same difficulty, but that kinda contradicts with her statement how she summoned the 7 Sisters as an inexperienced Witch (IIRC), and also Ronove's statements about his own summoning are false in that case, because his own summoning had to be on the same level than Asmodeus' summoning, and thus not as extraordinary as Ronove led us to believe. (Obviously demons are never lying.

Or we can just take a firm antifantasy stance and say that all of that talk was just rubbish...
There is nothing that can prevent Ryukishi to seperate asmodeus, the demon of lust, and asmodeus, one of the 72 (or even give a different name to the demon one). Or better, if Asmodeus is just used for the "lust" attribute (or weakened version, as a stake), it wouldn't be the same as summoning the full-fledged demon itself.
Old 2009-07-13, 21:13   Link #562
Oekitarts
Oppai Sommelier

Send a message via Yahoo to Oekitarts
*fanfic writers scrambling to write it*
Anyway... did Ryukishi say there was only going to be ONE new character?
Oekitarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 21:33   Link #563
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oekitarts View Post
*fanfic writers scrambling to write it*
Anyway... did Ryukishi say there was only going to be ONE new character?
No, there should be more than one. There's always more than one. This is just the one that is the most publicized, so the new witch will probably be a major magical force, like Eva-Beatrice was in the 3rd game.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 00:16   Link #564
Oekitarts
Oppai Sommelier

Send a message via Yahoo to Oekitarts
Gah.. more demons...
...or dare I say, more family members? o3o
Oekitarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 00:24   Link #565
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Gah.. more demons...
Turns out Rudolf had a THIRD child with a THIRD wife |D

lol please no XD The family is so large already...
Old 2009-07-14, 00:28   Link #566
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Gah.. more demons...
Possible family members based on what we know...
*Kinzo's Wife
*Asumu
*Maria's Father

There are also theories going around like a different "Battler" and Beato being an Ushiromiya... but... then again, Beato already appears, so she wouldn't be new at all. ^^;

There are also the Kumasawa, Nanjo, and Sumadera families ... and possibly Natsuhi's original family, Genji's family (even though he seems to identify himself as "furniture" ... he has a last name though.). There's also the possibility of Kanon having a family (his name has been hidden all of this time, it might've been for a reason, even if he is an orphan he might have SOME sort of connection to somebody else.). Same might go for Shannon/Sayo ... being orphans without having ANY history other than being raised in an orphanage and brought up as servants seems a little odd to me, for Ryukishi07 that is... I expect him to kinda tell us about their backgrounds a bit more. I also don't really buy the whole "furniture" thing.

Aside from family members, there are the off duty servants, people who are connected (such as Okonogi and the Boat Captain), demons, witches, and all sorts of other people that Ryukishi07 can add to the story.

Not to mention different versions of already existing characters... like a young Ange, young Beato, or young Rosa... maybe even an older character of one of the kids (which might be odd, but I suppose it wouldn't be impossible for him to pull off ... especially if he decides to write a whole new scenario for one of the episodes while still answering questions about previous ones, which he's done before.). Though, this Episode seems to be a direct answer to Episode 1, so maybe older versions of the kids wouldn't be as likely, unless one of them somehow survived, changed their name, and lived the rest of their life in mystery or something ... but I'm not sure if that's possible, there might be red text to contradict that.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 00:36   Link #567
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Just more family members as demons/witches. Or is everyone covered already? I'm not counting the stakes, siestas, or Maria's plushy as family members or servents. That means we have Beatrice, Gaap, Ronove, Virgillia, Goldsmith, Eva-Beatrice, with Maria and Ange covered. That leaves as many as 12 left if Beatrice doesn't conform to any particular person and Ange isn't on the island or doesn't represent someone that is on the island. Assuming Battler as a demon-witch version that isn't his Meta self.

If the Stakes, Siestas, and Sakutaro count...then everyone "should" be covered already. But somehow I think they are meant to be something else (murder weapons and the like).
Old 2009-07-14, 00:39   Link #568
Marion
The Great Dine

Well, if Battler's childhood or Rudolf's past comes into play we might see a younger version of Battler and Ange. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing younger versions of the adults. It already happened with Eva and looking at EP 3 with her argument with Krauss I don't doubt that the four siblings pasts won't come into play with at least one answer arc.
Old 2009-07-14, 00:45   Link #569
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Well, if Battler's childhood or Rudolf's past comes into play we might see a younger version of Battler and Ange. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing younger versions of the adults. It already happened with Eva and looking at EP 3 with her argument with Krauss I don't doubt that the four siblings pasts won't come into play with at least one answer arc.
I hope that Rosa gets a younger version as an actual sprite. By now, the animators might've already selected a certain design for her if they actually are including EP3 in the first season, which I think is very very likely (seeing as animating the scene between her and Beatrice without actually showing her would be more difficult than just telling the story and using first person.). I wonder if Ryukishi either showed them designs for her younger version, just went with what they wanted and will copy that, or just won't show her as a kid with an official sprite and we'll just have to rely on the anime version for that.

It would bother me a little if she didn't get a sprite (tachi-e) seeing as Young Eva got one. (Young Kruass didn't get one either, and he was also in EP3 ... so I wonder the same thing for him.)

Old 2009-07-14, 00:47   Link #570
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
I hope that Rosa gets a younger version as an actual sprite. By now, the animators might've already selected a certain design for her if they actually are including EP3 in the first season, which I think is very very likely (seeing as animating the scene between her and Beatrice without actually showing her would be more difficult than just telling the story and using first person.). I wonder if Ryukishi either showed them designs for her younger version, just went with what they wanted and will copy that, or just won't show her as a kid with an official sprite and we'll just have to rely on the anime version for that.

It would bother me a little if she didn't get a sprite (tachi-e) seeing as Young Eva got one. (Young Kruass didn't get one either, and he was also in EP3 ... so I wonder the same thing for him.)
Well Younger Eva mostly got a sprite for her role as Eva-Beatrice and what not, so it's not like she only appeared for one scene like Younger Rosa and Krauss did.
Old 2009-07-14, 00:49   Link #571
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Well Younger Eva mostly got a sprite for her role as Eva-Beatrice and what not, so it's not like she only appeared for one scene like Younger Rosa and Krauss did.
Yeah I figured the same thing. I just really want to see an official sprite for Young Rosa and Young Krauss ... it'd be interesting to see what they looked like as kids. ^^;

Same goes for Rudolf and Ange ... and maybe even the older characters like Kinzo, Kumasawa, Nanjo, Genji ... and others like Beato too.

Old 2009-07-14, 01:47   Link #572
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

But we already know Young Kinzo looked like Battler, right?
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 02:25   Link #573
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Based on text, Kinzo and Rudolf in their youth looked like Battler.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 02:41   Link #574
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Based on text, Kinzo and Rudolf in their youth looked like Battler.
I don't think Rudolf looked too much like Battler myself otherwise his hair would be dyed, but probably facial structure and all would be similar. It was noted before I think that Kinzo, Krauss and Rudolf have similar face structures if you look at their game images. Same for Rosa and Eva.
Old 2009-07-14, 02:51   Link #575
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Eva did comment that Battler was the spitting image of his father. Of course the hair color might have not matched, but you might probably mistake a young Rudolf for a Battler with a different hair style.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 02:58   Link #576
Tomoya-kun
Live the life you love
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Eva did comment that Battler was the spitting image of his father. Of course the hair color might have not matched, but you might probably mistake a young Rudolf for a Battler with a different hair style.
I'm trying to picture that right now...wow that looks...weird. Then again it probably wouldn't look anything like the way I'm picturing it.

Little Busters!
Tomoya-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 07:57   Link #577
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

By the way am I correct to presume that Episode 5 won't contain any of the previous episodes? (Similarly to Higurashi I think, where the answer arks didn't have any of the previous question arks IIRC.)
Old 2009-07-14, 08:12   Link #578
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

Send a message via MSN to Bern-chan
Quote:
By the way am I correct to presume that Episode 5 won't contain any of the previous episodes? (Similarly to Higurashi I think, where the answer arks didn't have any of the previous question arks IIRC.)
That's most likely, I would say a 99% yes. They'll all come out together with the platform remake.

Also I don't think all of the supernatural chars represent just one person, I think they can be anyone... Just look at the Jessica/George vs Gaap/Ronove scene, its more likely to be Kanon than Genji since Genji is dead, and those two are listed on the test and can "see what's going on through a mirror". Am I making any sense? D:

EDIT: Just remembered Krauss, Nanjo and Kyrie could see too... Hm...
Bern-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 09:12   Link #579
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
According to http://d-stage.com/shop/detail.php?seq=9650:

※「第一話」~「第四話」は、「うみねこのなく頃に 第四話」に収録されています。このDVDには収録され ていません。

EP4 compiles episodes 1 to 4. EP5 will be in a different disc and won't include them.
Old 2009-07-15, 12:28   Link #580
leika
SerasVictoria287

Send a message via MSN to leika
Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
According to http://d-stage.com/shop/detail.php?seq=9650:

※「第一話」~「第四話」は、「うみねこのなく頃に 第四話」に収録されています。このDVDには収録され ていません。

EP4 compiles episodes 1 to 4. EP5 will be in a different disc and won't include them.
I preordered it and soon I will fret myself because I buy the next Ep and have the 5th two times..

I found a HD version of the Opening :3
(if it's not been posted yet, then: here it comes: )

Spoiler for EP 5 Opening HD:
leika is offline   Reply With Quote