Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-04, 07:40   Link #1641
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
Well you have to understand there are certain conditions with Godou's abilities so its not all powerful. He has limitations on when he can use each ability and how long it takes before he can re-use each ability.

And on Baka-Tsuki there are full translations for the first 5 novels(the 3rd isn't there because its more of a prologue so not as interesting I believe) so I would say start with those 5 first

And also, a good amount of the mythology stuff is made up, but I still love it anyways
Having ten different abilities he can use depending on who he is fighting(given the right conditions), with his [Warrior] form being practically effective against any god or campione does make him overpowered compared to a campione with only one authority (and one use only). Both have killed one god and gained his ability. Though it is just my opinion.

On baka tsuki only the prologue of Vol. 4 is translated, or are you referring to a different site?
Old 2012-07-04, 07:47   Link #1642
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Having ten different abilities he can use depending on who he is fighting(given the right conditions), with his [Warrior] form being practically effective against any god or campione does make him overpowered compared to a campione with only one authority (and one use only). Both have killed one god and gained his ability. Though it is just my opinion.

On baka tsuki only the prologue of Vol. 4 is translated, or are you referring to a different site?
Oh my bad, I havent looked at the site in a while, been reading the Chinese translations for a week straight

There are summaries on JCafe24 under the Campione section, you need an account and 1 post to be able to view the summaries, once you locate the campione thread there are like 9 pages, i think like the 7th one or so contains the summaries.(Don't think I'm allowed to link it to you directly, well you can PM me if you can't find it)

Also, yes some of his individual abilities are strong but in the end it is just from one god. The other Campiones already have many under their control. I think of it as a way for Godou to stand somewhat of a chance vs other Campiones. Plus he hasn't mastered all the 10 abilities yet. Once you read further you will start to see more of his limitations and just how big of a gap his fighting abilities are compared to others.
TJP1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 07:57   Link #1643
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
BTW, D'Ya knew when V3-4 began posted..??
make me hope n0m's take over the job....
I think n0m@n is buried by translation requests already. I suppose I might get to Volumes 3 and 4 eventually, if no one continues. Volume 5 had a lot of hype (Youth scene perhaps? Or Ena's introduction). And I wanted to do justice to the Chinese mythology in 6 and 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin Listviel View Post
I got somekind of premonition "volume 6 will come early,but volume 7 and soo on will come slowly..yea..?...hihihi..>XD
Not really, more like 6 and 7 will come together, but only when I have the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I have a few questions after reading volume 2, the marquis is said to have lived for at least 3 centuries, does this mean campione are immortal or just have long live spans?
Presumably. Campiones don't die of disease or old age, that's for sure. Though Voban is introduced as the oldest Campione, a much older one is mentioned later.

Quote:
Shouldn't the marquis be able to get more out of his authority (Apollo)? Having control over wolves is nice, but what about the other aspects, rat swan and serpent?Compared to Godou, who gained 10 authorities by killing one god, marquis's single authority is a little underwhelming
Well, there was the whole swallowing the sun part, so there should have been more solar related powers.

Quote:
Are Osiris and Apollo ability sealed permanently or is it just temporary?
Apollo should be completely sealed, while Osiris is partial. For example, part of his Dead Servants were freed. How does "partial" work on his other Osiris powers, who knows? After all, Voban hasn't reappeared yet. Besides, he has tons of authorities from all the gods he killed for sport so he didn't seem too worried.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 07:59   Link #1644
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

When is aisha fully mentioned?
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 08:31   Link #1645
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Apollo should be completely sealed, while Osiris is partial. For example, part of his Dead Servants were freed. How does "partial" work on his other Osiris powers, who knows? After all, Voban hasn't reappeared yet. Besides, he has tons of authorities from all the gods he killed for sport so he didn't seem too worried.
From what I remember, the golden sword is temporary anyway. It should last for a few hours, a day at best. But don't ask me where I read that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
When is aisha fully mentioned?
I don't know. I know V8 mentions her, but some earlier volumes should do so, too... how about V1C1, when Erica meets the leaders of the knight orders? They wonder who they can rely on and go through the first six campione... There we should get "Aisha, Eternal Beauty, Queen of the Cave, seen by nobody for a long time". That's the most we ever learn about her.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 08:42   Link #1646
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I forgot where, but Aisha is the Oldest Campione alive. She hasn't been seen in 200 years. Right now, the active Oldest Campiones are Marquis Voban (Title: Balkans' Devil, guy must have good taste in countries. The Balkans is a very beautiful ancient looking country) and Luo Hao (Title: Jiangnan's Leader, she too must have good taste in countries. That place is probably the only place that could remind me of the Mythical city Atlantis, so much water there). Both are respectfully the same age, 200 years at least and are rivals. Aisha (Title: Alexandria's Lady. She is from Egypt, pretty much everyone knows Egypt so I will not go into much details) she is 1800 years old. Most likely she is the strongest out of all the Campiones due to the experience she has. First mentioned in vol 1, not too much is known about her. Best to ask Kadi or zzhk.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 16:21   Link #1647
gevara20

what ability awekned Yuri after received "youth protection?"
gevara20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 16:35   Link #1648
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I think the Youth gives all the girls the same power which is the battle awareness of the Campiones, body characteristics of Campiones (Like healing fast) and high increase of Magic. Godou becomes a real Lady Killer when he uses the Youth. Didn't he swore he had to block that ability and never use it again in vol 5?
Old 2012-07-04, 16:57   Link #1649
gevara20

someone in this forum said that youth awekned hidden ability. hence Yuri end up witch new ability. In vol 10 page 301 Yuri looks like she use new power
gevara20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 17:00   Link #1650
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Best to ask Kadi or zzhk concerning those matters, my guess is that the Youth increase Yuri's Spirit Vision.
Old 2012-07-04, 17:31   Link #1651
Miraluka
Banned

No way he will seal the only way to fight back the girls.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 17:57   Link #1652
Kadi
知識の探求者

*sighs*

Spoiler for Youth incarnation:
Old 2012-07-04, 17:59   Link #1653
cutieteen97

Since he's a Campione and doesn't have issues with disease or age, why the hell is Liliana so concerned about his nutritional intake (like the stuff in vol 5)?
cutieteen97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 18:00   Link #1654
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

He change quite a bit over the course of each volumes. He is still a bit green when it comes to intimate moments, but he is a lot better. Oh cutieteen97 he does not die of age or disease, but his body is still a bit normal. He still feel sleepy if he haven't gotten enough sleep, evidence in vol 5. He will probably feel weak if he hasn't eaten the right foods as well.
Old 2012-07-04, 18:04   Link #1655
Kadi
知識の探求者

She just likes doting on him, living out her secret fantasies... the beginning of V5 makes that rather obvious, I think...
Old 2012-07-04, 18:13   Link #1656
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Godou becomes a real Lady Killer when he uses the Youth. Didn't he swore he had to block that ability and never use it again in vol 5?
As we all know, what Godou decides is never what ends up happening in these kinds of matters, much to his chagrin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Best to ask Kadi or zzhk concerning those matters, my guess is that the Youth increase Yuri's Spirit Vision.
Essentially.
Spoilers
Spoiler for Volume 7
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 19:07   Link #1657
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
And also, a good amount of the mythology stuff is made up, but I still love it anyways
Agree here. Though it's enjoyable.

I think I tried to post my own theory before reading the latest volume. Ah, here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Just wanted to talk about my theory on gods in V12.

This will be religiously offensive. You have been warned.

Spoiler for Theory.:
Old 2012-07-04, 19:14   Link #1658
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
As we all know, what Godou decides is never what ends up happening in these kinds of matters, much to his chagrin.

Essentially.
Spoilers
Spoiler for Volume 7
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Hmm, thank you for the explanation zzhk. Guess the Youth increases what each girl is good at.
Old 2012-07-04, 20:45   Link #1659
Rin Listviel

Quote:
Not really, more like 6 and 7 will come together, but only when I have the time..
Oh..i see...i will expect them then...thank you...>XD
Rin Listviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 22:27   Link #1660
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
I think n0m@n is buried by translation requests already. I suppose I might get to Volumes 3 and 4 eventually, if no one continues. Volume 5 had a lot of hype (Youth scene perhaps? Or Ena's introduction). And I wanted to do justice to the Chinese mythology in 6 and 7.

Not really, more like 6 and 7 will come together, but only when I have the time...
Hey, just wanted to say I'm super grateful for your work and happy to see you from the DxD community! Vol 5 was SUPER fun! Those Yuri moments were
willx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem