AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-13, 09:02   Link #501
TrueKnight

Ep 11, decent episode once again. Origami Cyclone manage to be finally useful in the infiltration and spy department. They finally freed Jake, damn what a waste. I just knew he’ll never let the civillian hostages go eventhough the good guys already met their part of the bargain. Liking also how Maverick manages to persuade Barnaby for garnering public support. Nothing’s better than having all the populace supports you in an epic battle against evil terrorism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shariq
I am of the belief that Mr. Legend 'died' and he is Mr. Maverick, the old fat man who is with the mayor. I mean it's not like everyone knew who Mr.Legend is/was.
I’m with you man. The fat old guy Maverick reeks ‘Legend’ himself. I’d say he let his heroic character died so it would serve as a catalyst in order for the NEXT humans to side with normal humans.

About Sky High, I happen to like him the most over all heroes. He’s not arrogant or cocky for being the King of Heroes, but seems genuinely has a good heard. Aside also being funny on for his dorkiness, he’s just badass and worthy of the King of Heroes title imo. Did you see how he’s capable forming an air blade out of thin air then slicing 2 of the robots in ep 10? Now that my friend is just badass.. I’m anticipating him for more action in ep 12.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 09:16   Link #502
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I think it was said in the Drama CD that his wife thought of it, which would explain how Rock Bison knows (they all knew each other in high school) but I don't know how Sky High would know it.
In the Drama CD Wild Tiger and Rock Bison chat with Sky High about how they met. That story included the source of Wild Tiger's name.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 11:23   Link #503
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
In the Drama CD Wild Tiger and Rock Bison chat with Sky High about how they met. That story included the source of Wild Tiger's name.
I thought they were talking to Fire Emblem?
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 11:25   Link #504
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Ep 11, decent episode once again. Origami Cyclone manage to be finally useful in the infiltration and spy department. They finally freed Jake, damn what a waste. I just knew he’ll never let the civillian hostages go eventhough the good guys already met their part of the bargain. Liking also how Maverick manages to persuade Barnaby for garnering public support. Nothing’s better than having all the populace supports you in an epic battle against evil terrorism.

I’m with you man. The fat old guy Maverick reeks ‘Legend’ himself. I’d say he let his heroic character died so it would serve as a catalyst in order for the NEXT humans to side with normal humans.

About Sky High, I happen to like him the most over all heroes. He’s not arrogant or cocky for being the King of Heroes, but seems genuinely has a good heard. Aside also being funny on for his dorkiness, he’s just badass and worthy of the King of Heroes title imo. Did you see how he’s capable forming an air blade out of thin air then slicing 2 of the robots in ep 10? Now that my friend is just badass.. I’m anticipating him for more action in ep 12.
The airblades, and some pixiv art, really made me rethink him. All things told, he's been holding back: by the looks of it, he could have been a one-man army in some respects.

Probably a good thing he went hero and not, say, military.
Old 2011-06-13, 14:41   Link #505
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
The animation quality took a massive dump this episode. There have been some sub-standard episodes before, but this one was the worst. So much off model art and sketchy drawing. I understand episodes occasionally take a hit depending on schedules and who the work gets farmed out to, but this was very distracting.
Yeah this episode didn't look as good as the others, but the events that unfolded were every bit as interesting as usual. Kind of typical for an episode half way through the run. I expect it to get better again by next episode though what with it looking like a Heroes vs. Jake episode.

So Jake is basically the Magneto/Joker of this show and Ouroboros is like the Brotherhood of Mutants kind of. It seems like Jake and Mr. Legend had some Magneto/Professor X style rivalry way back in the day where Jake wanted the Next to be the superior race and Mr. Legend wanted to side with and help the humans. I also think Albert Maverick might actually be Mr. Legend too....something about how he took personal action in this episode kind of gives that impression.

What happened in the past seems to have a lot to do with what's happening in the show now and I assume more will be unveiled as they go along. Sure is continuing to get more and more interesting.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 00:54   Link #506
Wakan Tanka

Any speculations about the number "1212"?
Old 2011-06-14, 04:08   Link #507
KRegnard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakan Tanka View Post
Any speculations about the number "1212"?
What's that? I must've missed it when i watched the episode.
KRegnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 04:40   Link #508
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

It was tattooed on Jake's chest. I just assumed it was his prison bar-code or something.
Old 2011-06-14, 17:50   Link #509
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 11:
Old 2011-06-14, 19:40   Link #510
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for ep 11:
Did I miss something? I don't recall Jake figuring out it was actually Origami.

Thank you for the signature Pellissier!
TheGeekHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 19:49   Link #511
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

It was pretty damn clear he knew that it was Origami in disguise.
Old 2011-06-14, 19:50   Link #512
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeekHuntress View Post
Did I miss something? I don't recall Jake figuring out it was actually Origami.
There's a scene after the ED where it's pretty obvious that Jake knows Origami is impersonating one of his henchmen.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 09:47   Link #513
ZeroForever

my question is why didn't they just have origami impersonate jake... instead of you know actually freeing him.

The only thing he can't do is jakes ability, which they still haven't really revealed what it is yet.
Old 2011-06-15, 10:15   Link #514
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
my question is why didn't they just have origami impersonate jake... instead of you know actually freeing him.

The only thing he can't do is jakes ability, which they still haven't really revealed what it is yet.
OH SNAP EPIC PLOT HOLE. But knowing the big softies that they are lunatic would've had to intervene otherwise the whole city would have gone under.
Old 2011-06-15, 10:49   Link #515
peachfuzz

I like the series it getting good with the Terrorist group getting their leader Jake the man who brooks parents out of prison which is not good for Origami who is undercover being Hans I mean Jake is going to find out one way of the other and I REALLY want to see Lunatic AKA the president of the government fight again hopefully soon. soundtrack is very good OP/ED.
peachfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 11:40   Link #516
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post

He also probably couldn't answer a single question Jake should know the answer of. Like who's rescuing him. Or how he's supposed to act.

Trying to hide as the mook is better, if not great.
Old 2011-06-15, 13:28   Link #517
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
It was pretty damn clear he knew that it was Origami in disguise.
Obviously it wasn't seeing as I missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
There's a scene after the ED where it's pretty obvious that Jake knows Origami is impersonating one of his henchmen.
Thanks for actually explaining where it was. I wasn't able to watch the ED as the computer I was watching it on froze right when it started so I'll go back and look.

Thank you for the signature Pellissier!
TheGeekHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 14:32   Link #518
ZeroForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
He also probably couldn't answer a single question Jake should know the answer of. Like who's rescuing him. Or how he's supposed to act.

Trying to hide as the mook is better, if not great.
just like he can't impersonate the person he's faking as already? as noted it was kinda obvious given the end of the eps that jake knew that he was a fake.

the difference is being in jail for some time they should already have a physiological profile on Jakes behaviors, that and he's highly dangerous next with highly dangerous powers that is obviously important, i mean for them to go so far to free him...
Old 2011-06-15, 19:23   Link #519
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Not Obviously...but I suspect it's a fake out and Jake is looking for Origami.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.

Last edited by Forbin; 2011-06-15 at 19:23. Reason: can't spell
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 23:19   Link #520
ReddyRedWolf

Oh for those worried for Origami Cyclone he got more sponsors. Yeah he'll live.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere