AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-12-23, 23:25   Link #6801
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

What about Verossa? His jobs as a inspector could become real handy in investigating things.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 23:33   Link #6802
Kurohane

No mention of him either except that he and the current skipper are married.
Old 2012-12-23, 23:35   Link #6803
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... no, Lucino married Griffith, not Verossa.
Old 2012-12-23, 23:48   Link #6804
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Verossa could solve the case all by himself. Just grab Hardis and read his mind. He should be around
Old 2012-12-23, 23:49   Link #6805
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... no, Lucino married Griffith, not Verossa.
Right, Verossa was the brother of the head of the Church. Sorry, my mistake.
Old 2012-12-24, 02:11   Link #6806
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Right, Verossa was the brother of the head of the Church. Sorry, my mistake.
Not the head of the Church. Carim is just the commander of the Knights. It's not been shown who the "Pope" of the Saint Church is yet.
Old 2012-12-24, 04:56   Link #6807
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Not the head of the Church. Carim is just the commander of the Knights. It's not been shown who the "Pope" of the Saint Church is yet.
Technically we already know who the head of the Church is.

They worship the Saint Kaiser + Vivio is the closest relative of the Kaiser who is still alive/clone of the original Saint Kaiser.
Old 2012-12-24, 05:01   Link #6808
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

As far as the Church is concerned, Vivio is the Sankt Kaiser. That said, despite being a deity of worship I don't think Vivio has any control over the church whatsoever.
Old 2012-12-24, 05:35   Link #6809
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm disappointed that so little is done with that, really. A clone of the church's deity is walking around, but aside from and handful of people calling her 'your majesty' nothing is done with it.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 08:38   Link #6810
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
I'm curious though. Had Vice - Section Six original pilot - appears in the FORCE series? At all?
Cause his sniping skills can be really useful here.
Magic shots against anti-magic people? And Vice is just a sniper, not a skilled mage in hand-to-hand combat. The first time he fired, no only would his shot fail, but he'd give away his position and have Eclipse people on his ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Verossa could solve the case all by himself. Just grab Hardis and read his mind. He should be around
Again, magic mind reading against someone who is walking anti-magic?

I'd be willing to be RF6 already considered these, and tossed them for these reasons. They may have attempted to have Verossa read a mind off screen, but I'm willing to say it failed.

And Verossa is more of an internal investigator. Enforcers are the ones who investigate outside the Bureau.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 08:56   Link #6811
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

[QUOTE=Kaijo;4487792]Magic shots against anti-magic people? And Vice is just a sniper, not a skilled mage in hand-to-hand combat. The first time he fired, no only would his shot fail, but he'd give away his position and have Eclipse people on his ass.[/quote[

Who ever said magic shots? I mean, the company that produces AEC armament could just easily modifies the Strike Cannon into a sniper mode. And well, I sincerely doubt they can recover from a shot to the brain easily.

Quote:

I'd be willing to be RF6 already considered these, and tossed them for these reasons. They may have attempted to have Verossa read a mind off screen, but I'm willing to say it failed.

And Verossa is more of an internal investigator. Enforcers are the ones who investigate outside the Bureau.
Well, I'm not talking about his magic. I'm talking about his tracking and investigating skills.

Wait, if Verossa was an internal investigator, what was he doing investigating Jail? The man does have ties to TSAB, true, but he doesn't work for the Bureau, thus it can't be called an internal investigation now doesn't it?
Old 2012-12-24, 09:21   Link #6812
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Who ever said magic shots? I mean, the company that produces AEC armament could just easily modifies the Strike Cannon into a sniper mode. And well, I sincerely doubt they can recover from a shot to the brain easily.
Low magical point values, and lack of ability in close quarter combat. Sure, once they mass-produce the things and he can stand in a group of other mages firing, he might have a role.

And a shot to the brain? Are you advocating that our heroes kill? Granted, in a realistic universe, they'd employ that option. But Nanoha is an idealistic universe, and so they won't.

Quote:
Well, I'm not talking about his magic. I'm talking about his tracking and investigating skills.
Well, his actual job title is Inspector. And he's not attached to RF6, but the church, which isn't involved in the Huck incident. And as for investigations, he wouldn't bring anything else to the table, that Fate, Teana, and others in RF6 couldn't.

Quote:
Wait, if Verossa was an internal investigator, what was he doing investigating Jail? The man does have ties to TSAB, true, but he doesn't work for the Bureau, thus it can't be called an internal investigation now doesn't it?
Special case. Verossa only got involved due to government interference (Regius) in RF6, as a special favor to Chrono. Also, it was Carim's prophecy that led to the formation of RF6 and the Relics, and once RF6 was attacked and people kidnapped, he switched to helping Fate track down Jail. Note that he had Schach with him as a bodyguard. In other words, the Church was working closely with RF6.

Also remember, the Church is kinda a part of the Bureau, but independent. They also might have their own things to deal with, which means Verossa might be tied up. The Church isn't really a part of dealing with the Hucks or Eclipse infectees.
Old 2012-12-24, 09:24   Link #6813
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm disappointed that so little is done with that, really. A clone of the church's deity is walking around, but aside from and handful of people calling her 'your majesty' nothing is done with it.
Maybe the whole "Vivio is not Olivie" notion is enforced by two very specific young women with a very particular set of skills?
Old 2012-12-24, 09:28   Link #6814
Kaijo
Banned

Nanoha: What I have, is very particular set of skills. Skills that make me a nightmare to people like you. If you just treat Vivio like a mostly normal girl, that will be the end of it. But if I find out you're sticking her on a throne and worshiping her as a returning diety, I will hunt you down, I will find you, and I will shoot you with huge pink beams.

Sorry, had to be done!

Edit: On a more serious note, I'd say that, rule #1 of being in a religion, is you don't tick off your God. Vivio intially was a bit put off by the whole "Your Majesty" thing, but gradually came to allow it. I'd think she'd get really upset with more than that. And I figure the Church is more willing to play nice and wait until she grows up, counting on the fact that if they are really nice to her, she might consent to playing out the role of the Kaiser for religious events and such. They've already got her in one of their schools.
Old 2012-12-24, 11:09   Link #6815
Justin_Brett

I'm glad Verossa's not in, he was kinda pointless in StrikerS. Might as well have given someone else his powers.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 13:17   Link #6816
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Indeed, but again Verossa could read any mind. So far we aren’t sure how the anti-magic works and it will seem that the Eclipse Drivers aren’t able to break magic links without a Divider so just taking those away from them should make them vulnerable to Verossa’s magic.
Old 2012-12-24, 23:28   Link #6817
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Magic shots against anti-magic people? And Vice is just a sniper, not a skilled mage in hand-to-hand combat. The first time he fired, no only would his shot fail, but he'd give away his position and have Eclipse people on his ass.

If they have, it should be made clear rather than leaving it in doubt.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 00:52   Link #6818
Kaijo
Banned

I thought it would be rather obvious, that magic mind reading wouldn't work on anti-magic people. I think they've made that principle fairly clear. Ask Signum and the TSAB warships about that. It's pretty much the sole reason for the new weapons.

And given that Hardis gave himself up, and seems perfectly content to be in a cell, I'd wager he has good reason to feel pretty confident that there is nothing the TSAB can actually do to him.
Old 2012-12-25, 01:51   Link #6819
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Yes, but again that anti-magic comes from the Dividers and since we don't see them TSAB actually trying anything on Hardis we can't really say if they could or not get the information out. I just say, there is a chance that might work.
Old 2012-12-25, 09:39   Link #6820
Kaijo
Banned

Once, again, he's not part of of RF6. You may as well ask: "Where is Chrono? Where is Arf? Where is Arisa?"

And the anti-magic doesn't fully come from the dividers; if it did, anyone could use them. Only people with the Eclipse can. You might say, then, that the dividers allow them to project their anti-magic outside their bodies.

And lastly, once again, Hardis wouldn't have surrendered himself if he knew the TSAB could simply read his mind. And he appears also, to be much tougher than any Eclipse person.

Thus, the only logical conclusion to be drawn from the evidence, is that there is no reason for Verossa to be there, and that magical mind reading wouldn't work.

Tags
manga, nanoha force