AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-26, 13:52   Link #981
kauldron26
Med Student

ive held out of nana since episode 33, and it has been torture. I cant wait to marathon thru 34-47. It will be absolutely phenomenal.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 22:15   Link #982
stacy3601

*sob*

whats taking so long for the subs??!! i am dying to find out what has happened... T_T

it stops at 36 here and i was lucky enough to find up to episode 43 on youtube subed..... I want to know what happens

T_T
stacy3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 17:07   Link #983
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_cheeze View Post
unfortunately i gotta wait and wait for the english subs! and worse thing is that the subs release dates are getting further and further apart! sobzzz

i really wanna know what happens between Takumi and Hachi... as in after their marriage do they still continue to b together all the way? or divorce? if anyone knows please please spoil it for me i really want to know! hehe i more or less know that Takumi isnt really the Loyal Husband type so hit me with what happens please!
The waiting is the hardest part of this series i go through withdraw like crazy when it takes a while for the next one to come out. Plus iv already read up to the most current manga chapter so im screwed twice over LOL.

As for your question no really knows yet i know what happens in the manga. but you might want to try asking some of the guys who watch the raws. Mrphrophet is very informative and i think hes watched the last episode which is 47
Old 2007-03-29, 19:24   Link #984
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Okay. I watched the final episode, 47, and it was beyond great.
Spoiler for ep47 summary:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 05:53   Link #985
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
The last episode was so sweet.

There are series that can evoke such powerful warm feelings in one's chest. NANA is one of them. Thanks to Kaoru Chujo for the recap and let me assure everyone that it is as good as (s)he claims it was.

I was very pleased with the ending and the whole series. Certainly, it was a melodrama. But it never became a soap opera, skillfully balancing itself out with the edginess and humor that have completely stole my heart.

BRAVO, Madhouse. It was one hell of an anime. Thank you very much for the experience!
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 07:38   Link #986
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Still a long way to go for the rest of us, getting more and more anxious to see what happens next after reading some of these praising comments.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 11:56   Link #987
jtrog

Now Now Now! Don't even start complaining about how long a sub job takes. This series in espically has many characters who speak many lines quickly. Also the fake sub the one group did for the umm.. sakura2ndseason.. should have already alerted you to pushing them.

For as many paragraphs there are per ep. in Nana i am suprised they are beyond 25 yet myself.

Once again don't even hint at telling a group to hurry up cause it hurts.
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 21:41   Link #988
mouhitori

Anyone knows which chapter/volume in the manga correponds to the last episode of the first season?
mouhitori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 01:15   Link #989
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
I think I've already mentioned it, but they ended it up exactly on Volume 12, Chapter 42 of the manga.

The latest chapter, if you are curious, is v17c65.

Last edited by MrProphet; 2007-03-31 at 01:38.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 05:26   Link #990
mouhitori

Thanks MrProphet, I missed the info when I quickly scan through the last few pages.
mouhitori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 14:22   Link #991
kauldron26
Med Student

i cannot fathom y more people arent watching this. Is it because the subs are slow?? or is it because the show is too realistic for folks?? could it be the magnifient writing?? could it be because it lacks "moe" and all that other otaku shit?? Maybe its one of those shows that will become more popular further down the line.

Waiting for the subs is torture. Its even worse when ur waiting for all the remaining episodes to be released so one can marathon. Episode 33, was a good place to break off like i did.

How i wish "your-mom" would pick up the rest of the show and speed sub it. I like their subs, and i've always liked speed subs over quality. As long as i have an idea whats going on, im good. I dont need fancy fonts, typesetting and all that shit. Even tho "your-mom" is ok, i dont understand y they get a bad rep. But i digress.... I just wish we could get Nana subs faster.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 15:48   Link #992
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
i cannot fathom y more people arent watching this. Is it because the subs are slow?? or is it because the show is too realistic for folks?? could it be the magnifient writing?? could it be because it lacks "moe" and all that other otaku [stuff]?? Maybe its one of those shows that will become more popular further down the line....
All of the above? I think mainly the subs and the fact that it is really like a TV dorama in anime, with emotional relationships that I think are realistic but that I think many anime-watchers would find too melodramatic, or just too emotional. Too "emo," lol. It is really by and mainly for a female sensibility, I have to add.

But it's only certain groups -- normal anime fans -- that aren't watching it. It has some of the highest late-night anime ratings ever on Japanese TV.

Your point about the writing was interesting. At first I thought you were going too far, then I thought how dense with emotion and implication some of the writing is and thought you might have a point.

And I have to add that I too am more for speedsubs, but maybe that's because I can understand enough Japanese to get the general gist for myself, and just need the subs to fill in the blanks. In any case, my real preference is for quick softsubs. One person did that for the second half of Simoun and it was great. She was able to get a rough but usable softsub file out within a day or so of the broadcast.

But I really appreciate all the work the subbers do -- totally for free. I've tried it, and it's a tough and time-consuming job.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-03-31 at 17:50.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 12:08   Link #993
Arkzein
Veritas Vincet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
i cannot fathom y more people arent watching this. Is it because the subs are slow?? or is it because the show is too realistic for folks?? could it be the magnifient writing?? could it be because it lacks "moe" and all that other otaku shit?? Maybe its one of those shows that will become more popular further down the line.
I have to agree, I stumbled onto Nana by accident (first thing I'd downloaded in months) and I knew it would be a rare favourite after just a few episodes. Chatting to folk more generally up to date on their current anime I was shocked to find none had been following it though, even those who shared a common interest in such shows. (ie the KGNE, Marimite, Koi Kaze, Saikano, Honey & Clover group, Nana soon to be a new one for us to natter to each other about thankfully)

KGNE followed a similar pattern didn't it? Becoming more popular later on (though it looks like Nana is suffering more). Seems the drama/romance/slice of life type shows don't get too much attention on the whole though. Perhaps because Nana is probably the most true to life of those and hasn't got any real "shock" value. (KGNE had it's stunning Ep2, Saikano the Sci-fi etc.) In any case I was just glad to find it as anime of this genre and quality doesn't come around too often. (Very much a fan off tradgic, ill fated or just plain realistic romance). Don't mind waiting for subs though since I only check in every few weeks.

At least it;s popular enough in japan for a second series, may not be many here that follow it but at least those that do have their diamond in the rough so to speak. Back to lurking in any case.
Arkzein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 04:57   Link #994
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Perhaps there are plenty more people watching Nana, but there's more of a quiet majority than usual. Even so, unless something groundbreaking happened in the most recent episode I'm not inclined to post, just like most others I guess. And ofcourse while waiting for the next episode there isn't much to discuss anyway. All we can do for now is be patient.
Old 2007-04-04, 00:58   Link #995
Dejitaru

I'm a big anime fan with my fingers dipped into all the various genres but I have to say that NANA just blew me away with how great and engrossing it is.

I've always been drawn by good character development and NANA gives that to you in spades. I also appreciate its more mature and subtle plotting. It's rewarding to come to realize something about a character and suddenly understand all the little signs and hints that had been laid out before and suddenly make more sense now. It's alot more enjoyable than having a character walking around professing their feelings in direct addresses.

Personally, I think alot of regular anime fans haven't jumped onto the NANA train because it lacks any of the sensationalism that most anime offers. No magic/robots/fighting/or fanservice. What it offers is great characters and realistic but engrossing stories. I think most anime fans might have the attitude "I can watch stuff like that on regular tv, I want my anime to offer something radical".

I have to admit, I've been really pacing my watching of the subbed episodes so far so I can stretch time out until they get it all the way to 47 done. But man, it is going to be so hard to wait for a second season since I think I read they are waiting til the manga finishes first, and who knows when that will be.
Dejitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 04:14   Link #996
Andu

Send a message via MSN to Andu
Maybe most people watching this series aren't registered to these here forums?
Maybe they don't feel like posting, because once they finish watching an episode, they see that all their thoughts have already been posted? Who knows.
I watch this series and i think this is my first post in this topic ...
Andu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 04:00   Link #997
Kiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
And I have to add that I too am more for speedsubs, but maybe that's because I can understand enough Japanese to get the general gist for myself, and just need the subs to fill in the blanks. In any case, my real preference is for quick softsubs. One person did that for the second half of Simoun and it was great. She was able to get a rough but usable softsub file out within a day or so of the broadcast.

But I really appreciate all the work the subbers do -- totally for free. I've tried it, and it's a tough and time-consuming job.
I definitely agree with you.
I know how much work the subbers have for each episode, but even so, I think I'm allowed to be sad for episode 36 -> 37 to be taking over a month.
Kiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 20:54   Link #998
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

well!!!! I just saw a release on the front page for this series. I've heard of this series before as I somehow have the Love for Nana Tribute music album.

It doesn't help that this thread is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the bottom. Took a lot of digging to find this thread. I almost dismissed downloading and watching this series because lack of popularity might indicate that the series' quality is lacking.

However, since I've now found this thread. I'll give it a shot and give this thread a much needed BUMP!
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 21:26   Link #999
miaka16
*stare*

I watch Nana and it gets depressing

xo xo
miaka16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 16:43   Link #1000
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Ah my cup runneth over! Just watched episode 37, only to find episode 38 being out aswell already!

Spoiler for ep37:

Gonna watch it again!
Spoiler for ep38:

Last edited by Trax; 2007-04-19 at 05:05. Reason: ep38 comment

Tags
drama, romance