AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 49 28.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 26.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 12.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.59%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-12, 23:29   Link #461
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Which OS are you using on your computer? If it is Windows, just go Control Panel->Regional and Language Options->Language, tick the option "install files for East Asian languages", left-click "OK" or "Apply" buttom, then all done.

I tried that, but I require some sort of floppy disk... Which I can't find.
Old 2007-04-12, 23:32   Link #462
Ottocycle

What you need is your Windows disk(xp), not some floppy disk
Old 2007-04-12, 23:37   Link #463
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
What you need is your Windows disk(xp), not some floppy disk
Well either way, it's something I can't find
Old 2007-04-12, 23:46   Link #464
herbert

OK, that is a software called 南极星, it can help decoding Chinese\Japanese\Korean. It is free IIRC. Lots of asian students install it on my college's computers to read those languages. But I must warn you before you have your hand on it: the fonts it uses are extremely UGLY.
Old 2007-04-12, 23:50   Link #465
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Ouch, I do hate to be you....

As for the reason I go on those fourms its good to find novel translations on them. since I can only travel durning winter break, I normally read those novels online and buy everything during my trip in the Christmas break.

Anyways just finished Triad Ep1, Video was very nice indeed, but I'm a bit picky on some of the translations they did. since some parts of it is good, but at other parts it seems halfhearted and a bit off somehow... meh i'll watch all 3 grounp's Ep2 before deciding which to take i guess
Old 2007-04-12, 23:52   Link #466
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
How is the video quailty compares with the other two, espeaically nanoha-dgz's h264 one....
The Triad clearly wins in terms of video quality, but in terms of translation, it seems to me that both sides have their misses and hits. As Draco has mentioned, some parts are a bit off.

Overall the Triad's subs seems more fluid imho. Though for me, I rather they used Raising Heart and Tia (Raging Heart is okay, but Tea... just seems so wierd to me ). But that's just me, I guess.
Old 2007-04-12, 23:56   Link #467
herbert

Oops, my bad. Chinese sites are quite a good source if you wantta download anime\manga\novel, and much faster than English sub-groups. I will give them this much. I only mean they are not good places to do discussions.
Old 2007-04-13, 00:30   Link #468
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Yesy will be releasing a HQ version of Ep01 eventually.

The LQ/MQ are just so people can view the episodes quicker.
Old 2007-04-13, 02:32   Link #469
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm going to start just waiting for the HQ versions.... the other versions take my wonderous monitor and turn them into a fuzzy tv --- I can get that lack of clarity over youtube, blech

For a show like this where the quality of the art and effects are rather important (to me at least), watching the first ep in lowQ just really dampened the experience.

edit: The Triad fansub video was much nicer quality ... though the mp4 rudely reminded me it had been a while since I've updated my codecs

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-04-13 at 04:16.
Old 2007-04-13, 06:03   Link #470
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, the DGz version I had was good. But I wish the groups would get Tia's name straight.
Old 2007-04-13, 06:15   Link #471
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Well, the DGz version I had was good. But I wish the groups would get Tia's name straight.
? It's already been stated as Teana on the website; based on the Nissan Teana. Triangle Game characters aside, all the MSLN characters are more or less named after cars.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-13, 06:38   Link #472
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Seems like a cup of tea to me, somewhat of a deal breaker
Old 2007-04-13, 13:16   Link #473
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It only works if you look at in the 'japanese' way ... "Te-a" (てあ)". In english, it does look odd, though I do know a Hawaiian named Teana who goes by "Tea" (she pronounces it "tee").

I suppose this is coin flip since I prefer leaving things 'japanese' (names, things-hard-to-directly-translate, food items), but "Tia" is obviously easier on english-only eyes than "Tea" ..... so ymmv
Old 2007-04-13, 13:42   Link #474
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

If it's japanese, how come it's pronounced /tĭā/ but it's supposed romaji spelling is Tea? Doesn't make much sense. If it's "Te-a" (てあ)", it should be pronounced /těā/, since japanese is pretty straightforward when it comes to pronounciation.
Old 2007-04-13, 13:51   Link #475
Meophist

It's ティア, which would usually be romanized as Tia, but the creators didn't in this case.
Old 2007-04-13, 13:58   Link #476
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
It's ティア, which would usually be romanized as Tia, but the creators didn't in this case.
Technically shouldn't that read "Te-i-a"?
Old 2007-04-13, 14:19   Link #477
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Technically shouldn't that read "Te-i-a"?
The small "イ" makes it more of a modifier symbol than a separate character/sound.
Old 2007-04-13, 14:58   Link #478
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My bad, I wasn't really listening to how they were *saying* the name ... and it conflicts directly with the official written stuff .... the writers are playing fast and loose with "cool spelling" here since they're using katakana for a japanese car brand name as a person's name ... and yeah, it really *should* be pronounced with a 'long a' "te-a" rather than a 'long e' "ti-a" ...

I give up, its time to shoot the writers again for failing their school lessons I suppose we're also wrongly assuming Ti/ea is japanese at all and not some western strain. This *is* another dimension and world they're in after all....
Old 2007-04-13, 16:03   Link #479
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
My bad, I wasn't really listening to how they were *saying* the name ... and it conflicts directly with the official written stuff .... the writers are playing fast and loose with "cool spelling" here since they're using katakana for a japanese car brand name as a person's name ... and yeah, it really *should* be pronounced with a 'long a' "te-a" rather than a 'long e' "ti-a" ...

I give up, its time to shoot the writers again for failing their school lessons I suppose we're also wrongly assuming Ti/ea is japanese at all and not some western strain. This *is* another dimension and world they're in after all....
Sorry, I've been reading this over and over for quite some time, and I don't quite understand what you're saying.
Old 2007-04-14, 02:04   Link #480
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

blergh.... whatever I typed ... what I meant was they're *saying* her name differently than the way they seem to have written it in their official description.

None of it really matters since she may not be japanese to begin with (like the Wolkenritter) so her name could be any sort of mangle (anyone know how that brand of car is pronounced?).