AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-21, 01:09   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 745 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Pos ting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Time to get down to business! Credit goes to AP's Redon for gathering the images, as well as Aohige for the summary:

-Chapter title is "Birdcage". Splash page this week is another color page.

-Underground, both Diamante and Trebol team up to protect the factory from the freed gladiators. It's also revealed that the entire factory is made of sea stone. Robin is reunited with Sabo's group, and introduces them to Usopp. Meanwhile, it seems Zoro is lost at the palace while searching for Pica.

-As the headless Doflamingo talks, an angry Kyros is ready to strike him again. However, as he attacks...... a second Doflamingo appears! He's then about to kick off Kyros' head, but the warrior is saved by Luffy. Dofla's kick is so powerful that it slices off the palace's roof! Luffy then fights against BOTH Doflamingos, who beat him back with a combination of strings and haki-infused strikes. It's then revealed that the second headless Doflamingo is actually a clone made of strings.

-The real Dofla tells king Riku that he's going to create a tragedy even greater than the one that took place a decade ago. He then orders Pica to throw all his enemies out of the palace, which he does. After everyone is outside (being saved by Luffy's balloon), Dofla's string clone starts to unravel itself..... which is a sign that the "birdcage" is activated. Law then explains that Doflamingo intends to kill everyone on the island using the Birdcage, in order to prevent anymore secrets from leaking out....!!!!

-The Birdcage covers the entire island. We see some various pirates and marines get cut by the razor-sharp strings, and Bastille's men report that communications to the HQ were cut off. Dofla then casts Parasite on the entire populace, forcing the citizens and marines to fight each other. Pica then uses his powers to raise not only the palace, but also the factory and flower garden higher in the air....

-Doflamingo himself then appears on TV, telling the citizens that he COULD have ruled the island with fear from the start, and is aware that all of them hate him. He then announces that he'll start a game, which will only end in two ways: Either kill him, or to bring him the heads of all the names he's about to call out, which he'll accordingly award bounties for. From now until the game ends, everyone on the island is now a bounty hunter...!!!!

Uh oh.... s*** just got even more real, now. Geez, this really does mirror Alabasta in so many ways! Anyway, it was cool seeing Luffy's brief clash with Dofla. As expected, our rubber dude had a rough time against the string man. It was also pretty cute seeing Robin's reunion with Koala, heh. I'll update the summary further when the rest of the chapter is out....

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-04-23 at 00:42.
Old 2014-04-21, 05:11   Link #2
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Doflamingo intends to kill everyone on the island using the Birdcage, in order to prevent anymore secrets from leaking out....!!!!
And a whole country suddenly vanishing isn't suspicious?

But how does he plan to kill all those powerful people on the island, if he had already problems with Kyros alone?
Old 2014-04-21, 05:29   Link #3
crimsinking

he never had any problems with kyros he was just unprepared and btw wtf is up with these hack powers first sugar than doffy i mean cover the entire island in strings, come on thats pretty much sayin ''bitch my df power is unlimited''
Old 2014-04-21, 05:49   Link #4
noktown

Wait,did he like beat the crap out of Luffy ?Or what do you mean by "beat him back " ?
Old 2014-04-21, 06:17   Link #5
crimsinking

think of luffys 1st meeting with lucci and kaku when they got blown in between buildings thats how i pictured it
Old 2014-04-21, 06:34   Link #6
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

'Twas a pretty sweet combo move from Doffy! Fake string Doffy attacks from behind with a swiping attack that cuts into Luffy's back; which then pushes Luffy forward into a Haki infused punch.

Last edited by PixelCreek; 2014-04-21 at 06:37. Reason: Didn't realize raw manga scans were forbidden :p
Old 2014-04-21, 06:37   Link #7
imza

Luffy got caught pretty badly by Mingo but he seems to be fine a few minutes later after he gets kicked out of the palace.

I'm curious as to where Fuji is and if he will be happy about Mingo's plan to kill everyone considering he is so adamant about protecting the civilians.
Old 2014-04-21, 07:07   Link #8
II Maestro

Take a look a Kinemon a.k.a Doflamingo(lol).
Old 2014-04-21, 07:58   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Doffy wants to kill everyone in the island, this includes the CP0, Fujitora, Sabo, Don Chinjao, Luffy, and tons of other strong fighters. Good luck with that, pal. Unless bird cage is the most hax move either, he is utterly fucked.
Old 2014-04-21, 08:32   Link #10
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

i think luffy was just caught by surprised by the dofla's attack
this is the first time him or anyone has seen of this string clone anyways... imo he will be better prepared the next time they clash
Old 2014-04-21, 09:03   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Bird Cage looks like Buu's human extinction attack, except with strings instead of lasers.
Old 2014-04-21, 09:29   Link #12
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
And a whole country suddenly vanishing isn't suspicious?

But how does he plan to kill all those powerful people on the island, if he had already problems with Kyros alone?
Don had no problems with Kyros at all his DF looks hax as hell .
Old 2014-04-21, 09:52   Link #13
patnam

Dofla is FREEZA...!!
Old 2014-04-21, 12:53   Link #14
JonSnow

Damn, Luffy made Doflamingo use hardening haki with his basic attacks, interesting...
He also succeeded in rescuing Law and Riku.

Trebol and Diamante might end up fighting Donchinjao and the rest of the coliseum fighters.
Will Donchijao be able to break the sea stone walls, protecting the factory?
Old 2014-04-21, 12:54   Link #15
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Enel ringing any bells? (no pun intended)
Old 2014-04-21, 13:12   Link #16
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Enel ringing any bells? (no pun intended)
Or Crocodile's bomb, or the sun over Thriller Bark, or the Noah, or Caesar's Shinokuni... nothing new here. Maybe once we see the rest of the chapter, we'll know what exactly the Bird Cage does.

Very pleased to see that Doflamingo doesn't mess around and knows to use Haki against the rubber man. Outside of battle, however... It was a dumb move to throw Law out of the hall together with the rest. Violet and Luffy have the key to unlock his chains, dammit!
Old 2014-04-22, 00:58   Link #17
marvelB

^Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm getting from this, too. Dofla just wants to erase any and all evidence pointing towards him being the one responsible for all those underground conspiracies. Personally, I don't really think a doomsday attack is the wisest way to go about it, but I guess it WOULD be quicker than having Sugar turning everyone into toys again, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinking View Post
think of luffys 1st meeting with lucci and kaku when they got blown in between buildings thats how i pictured it
Speaking of the CP9 comparison, Dofla slicing off the palace's roof with a kick reminds me of when Kaku did something like that during the EL arc. Though the difference here is that Dofla did that with a regular kick, not a special technique. Really goes to show just how much of a higher level opponent he is.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Doffy wants to kill everyone in the island, this includes the CP0, Fujitora, Sabo, Don Chinjao, Luffy, and tons of other strong fighters. Good luck with that, pal. Unless bird cage is the most hax move either, he is utterly fucked.
Heh, no kidding. Kaidou's gonna be the LEAST of his problems at this point. I mean, the dude's gonna have almost an entire country full of very pissed-off folks on his ass if the Birdcage fails to kill them all!
Old 2014-04-22, 11:01   Link #18
crimsinking

Speaking of the CP9 comparison, Dofla slicing off the palace's roof with a kick reminds me of when Kaku did something like that during the EL arc. Though the difference here is that Dofla did that with a regular kick, not a special technique. Really goes to show just how much of a higher level opponent he is....

Yea hes definitly on a higher level but then again we havnt seen luffy going all out, just hope it wont be a repeat of vs.crocodile or vs.enel but more like a vs.lucci would be outta this world
Old 2014-04-22, 13:57   Link #19
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinking View Post

Yea hes definitly on a higher level but then again we havnt seen luffy going all out, just hope it wont be a repeat of vs.crocodile or vs.enel but more like a vs.lucci would be outta this world
I'm also expecting it to be more Lucci like,because Oda will probably introduce a new power-up mode for Luffy in this arc.
Old 2014-04-22, 14:10   Link #20
imza

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I'm also expecting it to be more Lucci like,because Oda will probably introduce a new power-up mode for Luffy in this arc.
I hope not, that would lame considering we have yet to see new Luffy go all out. Him having another power up so quickly would trivialize his training over the last two years.
Closed Thread