AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-05-24, 17:34   Link #261
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal
Why'z you finkin' I used da red one? :3
Da lettaz wus all red an' stuff... so it wus da red wun! :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Scary O.o;

Quote:
Too late.

Spoiler:

You should know better then to mess with a mage who has a spell called Orbital Bombardement in her spell list.
Even Skull Squadron fears the bombardment abilitys of Rogue Squadron!

EDIT:
Page claimed!!

Orks! Orks! Orks! Orks! Orks! Orks! Orks! Orks! Orks! :3
Old 2008-05-24, 17:39   Link #262
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Too late.

Spoiler:

You should know better then to mess with a mage who has a spell called Orbital Bombardement in her spell list.
As if! The first rule of any operation is to not let you're enemy know your true intentions I was already long gone even as I feigned preparing to withdraw! You can't stop me the crack will flow and I'm going to steal Tesla too! Muhahaha!!!

*Continues cackling as his ship makes the jump to light speed and disappears.*

Quote:
"the more things change, the more they stay the same."

I'm usually the rear-support guy in RTS games. You guys keep them of my back, I'll make sure we all survive.
I like to mix it up a it, but normally I’ll either mass long range arty type weapons or go massive armored forces. One role you’ll almost never find me playing is the fast and light raider guy or a spell/special ability heavy force…

Quote:
So instead of tiny little killer dolls we go to tiny little killer pixels. I think I'll go for the dolls.
Don’t be dissing the killer pixels…

Killer Pixels can be cool too plus you can have more killer pixels and different kinds of killer pixel sword fighting pixels, ray guns pixels, magic using pixels... Also you can easily have observers in game commenting (OMG a scout rush?! Can he make that work?!) and VOIP for smack talk! This show needs to be made!

Quote:
Anyway, I'm dubious to CLAMP titles. I never liked pretty much any of their titles. Card Captor Sakura was more of a gateway anime to me then anything else, and the rest bore me after an episode or 5, but Angelic Layer hooked me from start to finish. The battles are displayed up-close, hard and fast, making the idea that they're fighting with dolls irrelevant because it looks awesome. The characters vary from good to cute to cool to amusing, but I don't really have a character I hate, unlike the other CLAMP titles. Personally I recomend watching the anime first, because although the manga is funny in its own way, the action comes for more to its rights in the anime, and the anime is no less funny.
Noted.

Quote:
So it defies physics anyway?
Let’s just say you’re not ever going to find a loophole in a physics textbook that will allow you to transform a person into a motorbike…

Quote:
That's true.
Well it's kind of right there in the title that Goddess thing being sort of literal and all...

Quote:
*sees grunts staying just behind their comrades waiting to gain a level and get more skills and gold*
Genre Savy Grunt?

Quote:
Oh, I see. Looking forward to meeting her.
Her profile is mostly still in my head and her intro in the fic is sometime off so don't hold your breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba
DAIGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! !

This is the kind of thing that made me a 2D fighter fan forever.
They have a place in my heart too them and space sims why do all the fun genres have to die out?!

Quote:
PS: Parrying Starlight Breaker would be pretty badass.
I don't know the beam is kind of slow and if you only needed to parry it

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 20:51   Link #263
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Can't remember a core anywhere in the images I've seen.
Tausend Kreuz remains mysteriously buried somewhere in my com, once I find it I'll put it up, but I do recall drawing a core at the position in the spearhead where on Strada you'd find his revolver drum.

Quote:
Yes, but it proves that not all devices with a core are immediately Mid ones. Mach Caliber was built for Belkan magic, and had a core, making Belkan devices with a core valid.

Quote:
*shrug* Well, the Tausend Kruez is wielded by the third Primarch Toriah, but the rest of the stuff isn't.
Now I've absolutely no idea waat's it like back then... And all those flashbacks of Kha might even be retcons now...

Quote:
No, simply drama while fighting. Fights don't always have to be about boasting you know, Misaki could put down some pretty dramatic fights.

Quote:
Heh. No.
Darn. >.>

Quote:
And we shouldn't. These things are supposed to be rare.
Its understandably, and quite a good indicator of self-censorship we have here, as we see this is so for UDs as well. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
*Tempest sees the Keroko and Vivio Caramelldansen*

*Tempest imagines Noland doing the same thing*

*Tempest's brain melts and dribbles out of his ears*
Keikakudoori...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
They are slow and yeah a 2+ save isn't bad... but it ain't vehicle armor they require a different approach to be sure.
Hence the stress I was undergoing while debating whether to pick up those lovely BS on the shelves... Like the rest of WH, they cost an RL arm and leg a pop. Dun wanna buy something I can't use properly...

Quote:
Part of that is because at least in the Codex Tau we're regarded as very weak, be glad you're playing 4th Ed my friend. Tau in general are also very specialized if you only want one army there are others that will let you have some variation in play style. I see allot of Tau from guys that have several armies more CC focused again for the change of pace. Going Tau as you're first army is also a bit (not as bad as 3rd ed) like jumping into the deep end; Tau are not forgiving of tactical mistakes against many kinds of armies.
I love playing the way I want to play, so I usually heck that. :3

The only exception was WoW... Started a paladin, leveled it, got it geared, then sold it for 1000 SGD$, and when I rerolled I went Hunter... And has yet to find the same patience to level another pally.

Quote:
*sigh...*
I'll make a quick disclaimer: That was an onthespot joke. The final product involves only the Dark Portal.

Quote:
I never really got into most those sorts of "mon'ish" shows myself now make me an anime about competitive gaming... Maybe make it about a nobodies rise to fame in the Korean Starcraft Circuit. Acutally I think that in general has the potential to be hilarious I mean shit they made an anime about competitive baking for god sake!
I never watched Yakitake Japan... And sports anime don't usually >.>

Quote:
Wrong Angels Kha... I'm not going to debate this one way or another though I've read most of the Manga and it still only barely makes sense to me. Then again that could be becasue I think while the author would never dare print contradictory or incorrect information about a motor vehicle he's basiclly making the universes magic up as he goes along...
Yeah they were talking about Ah! My Goddess...

Quote:
Well I don't have plans to kill anyone (Cept the bad guys) or introduce sweeping epic history, but most of my main chars are snarky 30 something men, the other third are 15 to 20 something men, and then we have a few girls so not exactly Mahou Shoujo either... Then again as I've said in a rather bizarre twist I think my fic might be one of the most optimistic one's currently planned.

Quote:
A few quick written notes with the rough idea for later considerations are your friend Kha.
[Chaos2Frozen]

Duuuun waaaannaaa... >.>

Tooooo laaaaazy... <.<

[/Chaos2Frozen]

Quote:
Sure they do just gotta find the right dimension... Maybe have the TSAB send guys out looking for intel and come back with copies of Starcraft and Halo.

TSAB Grunt
: "No wait hear us out! Once we beat these games we'll totally be able to pwn these guys! Well once we invent power armor and siege tanks..."
Yeeeeeeeup. :3

Quote:

:3

Quote:
*labored sigh*

I'm sorry people this one is on me I was foolish enough to mention a minor aspect of the Macross verse I'd used as crack fuel myself in IRC in the presence of Kha and well...
I'm just glad that I could use more of SaintX's ideas for Rebuilt... After all he started me of Nanoverse, and that deserves tributes. :3

Quote:
“Good job, Kha. Now we’re screwed all over again.”
Kha:

Quote:
*whacks PF with rolled up textbook*
Pretty thin textbook you got there Tk, since it can be rolled up...

Quote:
Simply make Megiddo a Tomb World. Problem solved.
Quote:
Seeing as Necrons are supposed to be billions of years old, it would not be an issue to have Megiddo a Tomb World. Though in doing so, you'll make the Necrons capable of attacking from anywhere. A question would be is how to awaken these said Necrons, however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
Alternatively, make Megiddo and other sites their dimensional bridgeheads from other dimensions.

Necrons can affect Dimension integrity through use of Pylon arrays. In 40k, they are believed to be behind the Cadian Pylons in attempt to close off the Eye of Terror.

it's possible, therefore that using the Pylons in a different manner could then weaken dimensional integrity, and so allow a dimensional breakthough.

also, Monolith-to-Monolith portal Phasing doesn't seem to have any limit applied. There are fluff examples of Interstellar Monolith-to-monolith teleports going on. So it's possible that once a Monolith is in place, unlimited numbers of warriors, immortals, wraiths, lords etc (basically any sub-monolith sized Necron entity) could simply walk across the dimensional barrier. You'd still need actual dimensional portals formed by pylon arrays to bring anything bigger across, including ships if desired.

rough timeline for a cross-dimensional Necron Incursion along these kind of lines:

1Necrons or their C'Tan bosses become aware of other dimensions (possibly via natural phenomena, spotting a TSAB affiliated ship pulling a crossgate jump etc...)

2 decide to pursue this. Begin construction of pylon array on a planet (the other dimensional analogue of Megiddo or wherever)

3 large time skip, as creating a full scale pylon array takes a long time. This bothers the Necrons not at all, but is important.

4 once the array is complete, the dimensional integrity is weakened enough to create an unstable rift. Necrons send through monoliths.

5 After a lot of time and a lot of failures, Monoliths arrive. Humanoid level Necrons can now portal across without incident, but a full scale crossing is still unfeasible. Necrons consolidate their hold on the world and create relevent infrastructure for them to operate (eg, it becomes a partial tomb world)

6 Necrons begin to construct pylon array on Megiddo side of the rift to fully anchor the rift and turn it into a full stable crossgate. Again, this takes a long time.

7 with the pylon arrays on both sides, the rift is stabilized enough to begin mass movement of ships, monoliths and any other big stuff across the dimensional barrier. Necrons mass for incursion.

8 Necrons overrun any nearby worlds by first sending ships with Inertialess drives to deploy small forces and monoliths. Once monoliths are in place, unlimited humanoid reinforcements from Megiddo (and, via the Crossgate, from their home dimension) become available.

9 once all worthwhile nearby worlds in this dimension are overrun, rinse and repeat process for the next dimension.

That's the timeline for an uninterrupted Necron Dimensional advance.

Now, as for interruptions, I'd plan to have the STAB and co intervene between step 5 and 6, with the prevention of 6 being the primary objective, and the destruction of all monoliths the secondary. With this done, Necrons are trapped in their home dimension and limited to unstable, unreliable transfers via the rift, and even if they do manage to send something through the rift again, they then have to spend a long time rebuilding their pylon array before any sort of counter attack becomes even remotely viable. In the meantime, they can only manage to send scattered, displaced groups of Necrons through with the intent that they make their own way to the other Focal point on their own and try to stabilise it on that side.

This is not taking into acount any C'tan H4xx that may be involved.

Also, this assumes that the Pylon array on the Necron side is unassailable, since other wise you could gain even more time by crossgating to their side and destroying their Pylon Array on their own side. That would seal the rift until they could build another array.
The main problem here is the C'Tan h4xx is involved... Lowe and I created a completely new C'Tan, the Wanderer, and his abilities are geared towards transdimensional warping. He dabbles with warp travel so much that the other C'Tan want to have nothing to do with him, lest when he blows himself up, he'd take them down with him.

Not only that, we've gotta curb the spread of the Necrons given the track record of the TSAB in being as slow as a Bureacracy is. >.>

Hey I just recalled that Lowe placed Wanderer's awakening during the Alhazredian era, when before he slumbered under the guise of the Eye of God!

Taking your idea into account, that explains why it took him so long to breech TSAB Space, he had been building a Pylon array on his side. To ensure that he could send forces en masse the moment the array was complete, as the array neared completion, Wanderer slowly warped over small Warrior squads and agents to fuse with Pariahs to help him establish a future beachhead by digging up a Monolith sealed by the Ancient Belka. With the use of the Pariah, the operation remain under cloak...

...until Carym received visions of a coming danger, and Kha having felt a distinct "eerieness" while giving a sermon at the Church being infiltrated, which is the effect of Pariah have on Belka Psykers and Diviners.

And so, CrosyS begins.

Does this work?

Quote:
And that's not even counting the various Keroko's from other universes. There's the loyal but competitive Keroko from Mai Otome, the 'Tsun alerts going haywire' Keroko from New Dominion Tank Police, the quick thinking Dues Keroko from Angelic Layer, the 'black winged' Flame Haze Keroko from Shakugan no Shana, the brawling sorceress Keroko from Slayers, the amnesia-suffering Mid-style using mage Keroko from Negima and so on and so on.
...and the dragon-summoning Keroko in Unlimited Blade Works... and the Keroko that a spinster Kha marries after much egging on by his daughter...

...wait that's the Nanoverse and Angelic Layer merged arc.

Quote:
And that was a big ass summon done by a nameless grunt mage.

Which just so happens to resemble a ravager...

Must've been an Aspect mage. :3
How long did that Ravager sit on Razorthorn Shelf chowing on super roots to become worthy of Aspecting I wonder?

Must've been due to, until after the recent retaking of the Isle of Quel'Danas, Razorthorn being a place nobody hunted... <.< / >.>

Quote:
A lost Logia powersurge should do. And Necron are always capable of attacking anywhere. Phase Shift is a bitch. -_-
That is the reason why I'm trying to contain them without making it too contrived. And its not going very well...
Old 2008-05-24, 20:59   Link #264
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Then again as I've said in a rather bizarre twist I think my fic might be one of the most optimistic one's currently planned.
A sad day, isn't it?

Don't count on it staying like that. I like my stories to be generally upbeat and minimally angsty, so if I ever get around to writing anything, count on lots of happy endings for all the good guys.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 21:09   Link #265
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Even Skull Squadron fears the bombardment abilitys of Rogue Squadron!
Actually, that's Keroko's abillity. Her specialty is going Macross Beamspam on the enemy, so she's kinda like the trash-killer. Kinda made StrikerS the perfect season for her.

Quote:
As if! The first rule of any operation is to not let you're enemy know your true intentions I was already long gone even as I feigned preparing to withdraw! You can't stop me the crack will flow and I'm going to steal Tesla too! Muhahaha!!!

*Continues cackling as his ship makes the jump to light speed and disappears.*
Tesla: Did you install the disruptor?

Grunt: Yes ma'm.

Tesla: Good.

Tesla: One step ahead, you said?

Quote:
I like to mix it up a it, but normally I’ll either mass long range arty type weapons or go massive armored forces. One role you’ll almost never find me playing is the fast and light raider guy or a spell/special ability heavy force…
Me neither, I usually play Scrin in C&C because they're an excellent rear-support faction. NOD can be rear-support as well, but mostly by using the distraction your friends are providing to get behind lines with stealth units and cause masacres. I don't often play GDI, but when I do I generally find myself spamming artillery and snipers. Strangely enough I rarely touch Mammoth's. Maybe for abit of defense if one of my alies is in trouble and there are no snipers near.

Quote:
Don’t be dissing the killer pixels…
Spoiler:

Killer Pixels can be cool too plus you can have more killer pixels and different kinds of killer pixel sword fighting pixels, ray guns pixels, magic using pixels... Also you can easily have observers in game commenting (OMG a scout rush?! Can he make that work?!) and VOIP for smack talk! This show needs to be made!
Those are killer polygons. Big difference.

Quote:
Let’s just say you’re not ever going to find a loophole in a physics textbook that will allow you to transform a person into a motorbike…
Ah.

Quote:
Genre Savy Grunt?
Standart Dota procedure. At the first few levels, you stay behind the creeps, close enough to get experience and gold, but not enough to get killed. Only when you get a few levels/items you start killing.

Quote:
Her profile is mostly still in my head and her intro in the fic is sometime off so don't hold your breath.
Riight.

Quote:
They have a place in my heart too them and space sims why do all the fun genres have to die out?!
No kidding. I want more TIE-fighter games! T_T

Quote:
I don't know the beam is kind of slow and if you only needed to parry it
But what if it has a guard break? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Tausend Kreuz remains mysteriously buried somewhere in my com, once I find it I'll put it up, but I do recall drawing a core at the position in the spearhead where on Strada you'd find his revolver drum.
I'll trust you on that one.

Quote:
Now I've absolutely no idea waat's it like back then... And all those flashbacks of Kha might even be retcons now...
Probably.

Quote:
The only exception was WoW... Started a paladin, leveled it, got it geared, then sold it for 1000 SGD$, and when I rerolled I went Hunter... And has yet to find the same patience to level another pally.
It's a pain to find parties as a hunter, though. -_-

Quote:
The main problem here is the C'Tan h4xx is involved... Lowe and I created a completely new C'Tan, the Wanderer, and his abilities are geared towards transdimensional warping. He dabbles with warp travel so much that the other C'Tan want to have nothing to do with him, lest when he blows himself up, he'd take them down with him.
That's not that hard to imagine, concidering the C'tan generally don't want much to do with eachother.

Quote:
Not only that, we've gotta curb the spread of the Necrons given the track record of the TSAB in being as slow as a Bureacracy is. >.>
Simply don't awaken them all at once, small parties should do.

Quote:
Taking your idea into account, that explains why it took him so long to breech TSAB Space, he had been building a Pylon array on his side. To ensure that he could send forces en masse the moment the array was complete, as the array neared completion, Wanderer slowly warped over small Warrior squads and agents to fuse with Pariahs to help him establish a future beachhead by digging up a Monolith sealed by the Ancient Belka. With the use of the Pariah, the operation remain under cloak...

...until Carym received visions of a coming danger, and Kha having felt a distinct "eerieness" while giving a sermon at the Church being infiltrated, which is the effect of Pariah have on Belka Psykers and Diviners.

And so, CrosyS begins.
No problems so far.

Quote:
...and the dragon-summoning Keroko in Unlimited Blade Works... and the Keroko that a spinster Kha marries after much egging on by his daughter...

...wait that's the Nanoverse and Angelic Layer merged arc.
Lotsa worlds to keep track of.

Quote:
How long did that Ravager sit on Razorthorn Shelf chowing on super roots to become worthy of Aspecting I wonder?
When in doupt, brand it elite.

'Sides, ravagers aren't even dragons. First wuestion should be how it even became a dragon. I call bio-experiments!

Quote:
That is the reason why I'm trying to contain them without making it too contrived. And its not going very well...
The enemy goes where the plot goes. As simple as that.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 21:10   Link #266
Jimmy C

Quote:
Concidering its the only Relic that went haywire while the others all stayed calm in the middle of a battlefield, its an easy conclusion to draw though.
It was not. As Fate stated in the ep3 briefing, in 3 of 4 times Relics appeared in the past, they caused great destruction. The Airport fire was just one. The other two happened in illegal labs on undeveloped worlds.

Quote:
On page 14 you see more of the box, and its the same as we see later on on page 23.
You're right. Although that box doesn't have straps on it like it does on pg17.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 21:16   Link #267
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
It was not. As Fate stated in the ep3 briefing, in 3 of 4 times Relics appeared in the past, they caused great destruction. The Airport fire was just one. The other two happened in illegal labs on undeveloped worlds.
I meant during the show. The others were in labs, anything could have happened to trigger them, but the obvious conclusion is that they were experimented with. The one at tha airport wasn't, it was in a box and still went haywire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
You're right. Although that box doesn't have straps on it like it does on pg17.
Probably neglect of detail, same reason why the one on page 17 also looks thicker. I highly doubt they switched boxes.
Old 2008-05-24, 21:32   Link #268
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
It's a pain to find parties as a hunter, though. -_-
Depends on the server I guess. Mine's quite populated, most hunters are lazy fucks, and so I turn on the LFG system and ninja the tanks and healers from under their noses. :3

Advertising yourself as CC/DPS increases your chances of being recruited, and there are some instances where traps are the only ones that work on the mobs present. The Underbog comes to mind.

Having a good guild helps too. :3

Quote:
That's not that hard to imagine, concidering the C'tan generally don't want much to do with eachother.
Yeah after reading up, I see why...

Though with WH Khrack, the first C'Tan that struck Ordered Space during the Holy Belka Imperiallum's reign was Seneschal, the one that the Imperium thought they destroyed, and the Ancient Belka managed to mop the floor with. However, Seneschal's campaign did not awaken all existing Monoliths, and some remain scattered throughout Ordered Space waiting for Wanderer's picking.

*runs from TK for hinting that the Imperium missed a spot.*

Quote:
Simply don't awaken them all at once, small parties should do.
Roger that.

Quote:
Lotsa worlds to keep track of.
Though its kinda funny that the KhaxKeroko pairing is being populated so quickly...

Quote:
When in doupt, brand it elite.

'Sides, ravagers aren't even dragons. First wuestion should be how it even became a dragon. I call bio-experiments!
I see.

...I call ONYXIA and her doing whimsical side experiments! Killing her must've unleashed her warped creations...

Quote:
The enemy goes where the plot goes. As simple as that.
I do hope that's enough...
Old 2008-05-24, 22:42   Link #269
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Actually, that's Keroko's abillity. Her specialty is going Macross Beamspam on the enemy, so she's kinda like the trash-killer. Kinda made StrikerS the perfect season for her.
So Keroko's VF-19 has dual Strike FAST packs then plus the arm guns and the 4 on the head... Yeah 10 rapid fire beam cannons should be enough spam I reckon.

Quote:
Tesla: Did you install the disruptor?

Grunt: Yes ma'm.

Tesla: Good.

Tesla: One step ahead, you said?
“As ordered we detonated a spatial charge in our wake my lord the fools shall surely assume the hyperspace distortions that have resulted were a sign of our ‘destruction’.”

“Perhaps, but it matters not even if they see through our ruse it’s far too late to stop our plans too… far too late.”

Quote:
Me neither, I usually play Scrin in C&C because they're an excellent rear-support faction. NOD can be rear-support as well, but mostly by using the distraction your friends are providing to get behind lines with stealth units and cause masacres. I don't often play GDI, but when I do I generally find myself spamming artillery and snipers. Strangely enough I rarely touch Mammoth's. Maybe for abit of defense if one of my alies is in trouble and there are no snipers near.
GDI is like all I play and I tend to build Mammoths, Disruptor tanks, APC full of snipers and then attack move toward the enemy... Juggernaut's too, but they're always just behind the rolling wall of steel for doing direct fire on anything dumb enough not to run. I use slightly more varied methods in some other games though really C&C is a tad simple for my tastes always has been. C&C is okay if I don't want to think too but I much prefer Dawn of War or Company of Heroes if I acutally want to use my head a little. World in Conflict isn't bad either though sometimes I think the game would play allot better if you just got rid of 90% of the tactical aids and tripled the pop cap.

Quote:
Those are killer polygons. Big difference.
I don’t know about you but I’m pretty sure my monitor still displays pixels unless you’ve gotten your 3D holographic display already mines still on order. Render it however you want in the end it still ends up as a million little square dots on a monitor.

Quote:
Standart Dota procedure. At the first few levels, you stay behind the creeps, close enough to get experience and gold, but not enough to get killed. Only when you get a few levels/items you start killing.
Oh I’ve played the game before (shit I played it version 1 of it) I’m just surprised the grunt was smart enough to do it… Though I always used ranged heroes anyway so I’d be shooting creeps from the start Dwarven Sharpshooter for the win. “Oh you’re injured but you’re already running back to your base so you’re fine… SNIPED. 2000 range ultimate bitch!” Though later versions introduced too much cheese for my tastes getting random super item X first became more important then leveling, spells, or actual skill IMO and of coruse at higher levels pretty much any hero with life steal was basiclly broken.

Quote:
No kidding. I want more TIE-fighter games! T_T
Fuck that we don't need another Star Wars game I want Freespace 3! Never happen though thanks to fucking copyright laws and crap. Basically the original devs don't acutally own the story which is sadly an all too common thing this is why I always laugh when the suits spew crap about how they're protecting artists... protecting them from what you scumbags are the ones making sure they don't acutally own any of there work and leeching of there talent to make billions. You're entire damn industry is one big racket, but it just happens to be legal.

Quote:
But what if it has a guard break? :3
Would depend on what kind of game mechanics Nanoha is using so I guess we'll never know :3.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 23:14   Link #270
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
song ATM: Native Faith (because Suwako is <3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
[HAX SIGN] BURN EVERYTHING?

On a side note, it seems that the whole cast of Immaterial and Missing Power will be returning for Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. Sakuya, Youmu AND Patchouli has been confirmed in only two days. Now pray for the Lunarians, Keine and Flandre.
Yaay for more Suika Ibuki :3

===========

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodius Trueheart View Post
X
F
D

But the key question must always be asked...how flat????
Flat enough to get close to heart, but not too flat to be called non-existent. :3

*runs*

===============

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Heh, welcome back to the madness. Blink and you miss the whole restart, that's the kind of craziness that goes on here, ne? :3

And moar DFC do want. *runs*
Yeah, missed all the madness fun of the reincarnation, which sucks . Oh, well, I'll provide moar DFC if this thread needs. *runs again*

=================

Quote:
"Every legend that has a beginning has an end..."

"But some ends have another better beginning!"

"Cadia may be gone, but she lives on, in our hearts, in our pens!"

"On this day when Cadia Zwei was born, I asked, How much could I give?"

"About 150 pages saved in Word..."

"And so, I raise this pen up to the Light!"

"Because, you and I know, Cadia Zwei is worth every inch of it!
"

"Because..."

"THE PEN IS MY SOUL!"

I can never forget this day, this moment... But only to give my best!

CYCLO-PHOTONIC!

DER KLERIKER SPECIAL!

GIIIGAAA

BAAACKLOOOGO!

BREEEAAAKHAAAAAA!!!

Ore mo...

Oretachi mo...

DARE DA TO OMOETTE YAGARU?!

Happy Birthday, Cadia Zwei!
*explodes due to the amount of HOTBLOOD and MANLINESS*

==================

=================

Quote:
You sure you're in the right thread?

Although... OCs caramelldansen? That can get pretty scary real fast.

*Tempest tries imagines a giant mosh pit of OCs caramelldansen-ing along with the canon cast*

*brain asplodes*
Quote:
Oh, my, Suwako

==========

Hmm...

Beauty & Red-Haired Beast

So yeah, another addition of madness to be had. Read it if you must.

Last edited by USB500; 2008-05-25 at 00:51. Reason: a story to be shared...
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 01:49   Link #271
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
This just in.

THE POWER OF KRISS COMPELS YOU.

That is all.
Old 2008-05-25, 02:55   Link #272
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
So Keroko's VF-19 has dual Strike FAST packs then plus the arm guns and the 4 on the head... Yeah 10 rapid fire beam cannons should be enough spam I reckon.
Kai could sure use a wingman. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
This just in.

That is all.
...oO

I hate to know what's cooking in the IRC at the moment...
Old 2008-05-25, 04:21   Link #273
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

...oO

I hate to know what's cooking in the IRC at the moment...
Yakyuken and Mabinogi.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 04:28   Link #274
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

So Kriss Lancer, the Well Dressed Stripper, is gonna make a debut?!
Old 2008-05-25, 08:10   Link #275
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

you can look in the log if you want :P
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 11:42   Link #276
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Okay, back on my feet.

After having my plans for the plot significantly derailed, I went back to the drawing board and decided to start from scratch with a completely new setup for the first Arc, which will probably extend into a completely different story altogether... but we'll wait and see about that.

My new plot idea focuses on a trio of Enforcers fresh out of the academy being assigned to an instructor to get them used to the workload, like what I think Fate and Tia are doing as of the end of StrikerS. The three mages are Vivio, Iris, and either Syn (If Kero will let me borrow her) or another OC. Iris's backstory is going down one of two paths, both of which involve adoption at some point, one by Fate, and the other by none other than Kiritsugu "Magicide" Emiya, who also happens to be the new squad leader.

Kiritsugu is a textbook example of a Badass Normal. He has very little magical power, but he has more kills and arrests to his name than virtually any other Enforcer in the bureau. He uses old-fashioned firearms outfitted with orichalcum rounds, which have significant penetration power against standard shields and barrier jackets due to the natural AMF properties of orichalcum (The manufacturing of orichalcum is a closely-guarded family secret, so Kiritsugu's are the only guns that can do this).

Now, the question I have for Goose and anybody who's done similar work: what kind of tactics and spells should I give to Kiritsugu, who is somewhere between C and B+, to justify his reputation and enhance his effectiveness as a mage hunter?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-25, 11:48   Link #277
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by comartemis View Post
He uses old-fashioned firearms outfitted with orichalcum rounds,
Stop right there. How does a weapon like that not violate the Bureau's ban on mass weapons?
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 11:55   Link #278
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*pops in*

My OC's are always free to borrow, so go right ahead Cort.

*goes back to edit chapter 12*
Old 2008-05-25, 11:57   Link #279
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Stop right there. How does a weapon like that not violate the Bureau's ban on mass weapons?
I could ask the same question about every melee weapon in the series, as well as all physical-type spells like Swallow Flier.

In light of this, I'm going with the assumption that "mass-based weapons" refers to large-scale mass-based weapons like nuclear missiles and ICBMs and such, and that guns and anti-personnel weapons and so forth aren't outlawed, just outdated and seen as inferior to magic. Kiritsugu's choice of ammunition makes them decidedly less so.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-25, 12:03   Link #280
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
I could ask the same question about every melee weapon in the series, as well as all physical-type spells like Swallow Flier.

In light of this, I'm going with the assumption that "mass-based weapons" refers to large-scale mass-based weapons like nuclear missiles and ICBMs and such, and that guns and anti-personnel weapons and so forth aren't outlawed, just outdated and seen as inferior to magic. Kiritsugu's choice of ammunition makes them decidedly less so.
Jesus, didn't we go through this BEFORE with ATC?

Alright, listen. Mass-based weapons refer to conventional weapons. Guns and the like. Swallow Flier and belkan weapons get a pass because the mass shits and giggles and whatever the words are are used in conjuction with a magical attack and style of magic.

This is as opposed to Franz's beloved MA5C which is not used with any system of magic at all.

Secondly, as Fate has stated in her briefing, the reason guns are banned is because while mages can be regulated and get limitered, any dude can pick up a rifle and pull a trigger. And I doubt the Bureau would be considering guns outdated considering that just 20 years before StrikerS in OC Fanon, it was involved in the Erusian War.

Now, mage hunter tactics.

Ivanovich is known as the Mage Hunter of North Point due to his ambush and sniping and stalking, very much like how a hunter hunts his prey. Lots of long range killing and sniping with a hi-power rifle. His tactics primarily dealt with ranged combat, sniping, ambush and firing from sniper positions and hides.

To talk more on this stuff, go to IRC. WHen you post the tolerance level goes down.

Generally when you use guns you want to ambush and shoot from long range. Play to your strenghts, which are range and stealth; magical attacks can be detected as you charge up your spell, but not the squeezing of a trigger.

Also Ivanovich is the only Mage Hunter really. Mage Hunter of North Point is just the full title. Many TSAB mages are going to be having shitfits at him in Alpha. :P Especially since slung over his back is his Sniper Rifle.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content