AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-06-21, 12:14   Link #201
Z13LAZARUS

Question

Sorry for posting something so off-topic, but where are you guys getting the raw mangas? I checked out the "Where to buy manga" thread but it seemed to be mostly licensed stuff. I dont know a lick of written Japanese though...

Thanks

Last edited by Z13LAZARUS; 2004-06-22 at 08:16.
Z13LAZARUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 08:29   Link #202
Yxy
chaunen...

The ending :

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Spoiler:
Yxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 09:39   Link #203
Broccoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxy
The ending :

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Spoiler:
Good catch. I didn't make the connection until I was going through it a second time while preparing my script.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Did the two lovers know of this?
Obviously not.
Quote:
Spoiler:
Many consider this an 'open ending', and it's up to each individual viewer to decide what happens next.
Broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 10:07   Link #204
Broccoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z13LAZARUS
Sorry for posting something so off-topic, but where are you guys getting the raw mangas? I checked out the "Where to buy manga" thread but it seemed to be mostly licensed stuff. I dont know a lick of written Japanese though...
I have been trying to ignore this, fearing that replying to it might get myself plonked. I tried PM but you have that turned off. Anyway...

You are not telling us where you are. Assuming you are in the U S of A, most major cities have a Japanese bookstore or two. Kinokuniya Bookstores of America has stores all along the west coast from Seattle to Los Angeles, and NYC, and a few even have this title in stock, or it can be special ordered. Otherwise, you can try ordering from their website. You can also try amazon.co.jp, which has a half-assed, semifunctional English interface that assumes you are a gaijin in Japan shopping for English books.

Direct URLs:

Kinokuniya BookWeb
Volume 1 Volume 2 Volume 3 Volume 4
Looks like they are all in stock.

Amazon.co.jp
Volume 1 Volume 2 Volume 3 Volume 4

Good luck.
Old 2004-06-22, 20:50   Link #205
Devin

Is Koi Kaze's 13 episodes including the missing one?
Devin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 02:10   Link #206
fairx
I'mdafootfuckin'masta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broccoli
Good catch. I didn't make the connection until I was going through it a second time while preparing my script.
Spoiler:

Obviously not.
Many consider this an 'open ending', and it's up to each individual viewer to decide what happens next.
Watching ep 11 (10 from a-s title) and then 12 with chinese subs (which i cant understand at all), going to ep 13 which broccoli translated, left me in awe admiring their tough relationship... i felt sorry for them tho..
Spoiler:

BUT....!

when I got myself the a-s subs, it turns my point of view completely 180 degree! All I can see is, Its Koushiro's fault all the way from the beginning. He's weak. Heart and minds.
Spoiler:

Which come to my "second" opinions of the final episodes..

Spoiler:

Its the end of the forbidden love. Its just a case of "Genetic sexual attractions" http://www.geneticsexualattraction.com/

Nevertheless, Koi Kaze is a remarkable piece of anime. But I'm surprised there are no referral to GSA phenomenon in the entire series (did I missed something?).

13 episodes, 2 main char, plus 6 more as support, the show is brilliantly written and developed. Towards the end of the series, i began to understand the role of Koushiro and Nanoka friends. They are actually the missing part of themself. They show us comparatively the state of mind, desire and sometimes the dark side of Koushiro and Nanoka, in the most refined style.

Not to mentioned the music!! Awesome, it builds the right moods and feeling. And I respect the the opening sequence of Koi Kaze. Simple yet it gave the wierd sense of romance atmosphere. And the hints of the series are obvious toward the end of the OP. man.. I wish someday I can produce something as good as this one!

This show will always be remembered, (at least by me..) despite (and might be for) the much controversial storyline, I hope It will be the turning point for the society to realize the importance of further studying GSA and the countermeasure to prevent them. I have no objections regarding what kinda hell of relationships that happens in anime, but its saddens me if such things happens to people around me.

Thank God.. I have no sisters.. and my niece all live saperately wayyyyy... from me! LOL
fairx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 10:07   Link #207
kaitou_candy
*Obsessor*

this anime is not my cup of tea. coz i dun like incest -___-;;;

anyhow is pretty nice...but umm..is just wrong..i just watched ep 11.. and i can't believe what they did.. anyhow.. so yea

i hope the ending is sad and they break up, becoz of multiple reasons =)

sorry...
kaitou_candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 11:58   Link #208
Mr.Minou

hm just to be sure... I don't remember well but, they are 100% blood related right ? same mother and father right ?
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 13:42   Link #209
catcat
M.O.M.O ^_^

yup. same mother and father. 100% blood related.
catcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 14:05   Link #210
Zap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broccoli
Okamura Akemi 岡村明美 - VA of Chidori Kaname 千鳥要
Chidori was the co-worker, right? Hmmm, with a different haircut she'd actually look a bit like the character.
Zap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 14:08   Link #211
Zap

Whoops, hit the reply too quickly... more thoughts as I was reading this thread...

"anime, where no taboo is sacrosanct"

"all your repressed belong to me"
Zap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 14:11   Link #212
Sour-Do

Send a message via ICQ to Sour-Do Send a message via AIM to Sour-Do Send a message via MSN to Sour-Do Send a message via Yahoo to Sour-Do
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcat
yup. same mother and father. 100% blood related.
Hm, it's fairly probable from the hospital scene in the unaired episode 7.5 that Nanoka's birth parents are the mother and father. But has anyone else considered that Koushiro might have been adopted? As far as I can tell from the anime, there's nothing to overrule this possibility, is there? (There's nothing to support this either.)

-- Sour-Do
Anime Muyou!
Sour-Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 15:06   Link #213
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

-_- That's a pretty far out theory....

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 01:18   Link #214
Broccoli

Mini-bio of the Creator

Got bored, so decided to look up who the mangaka was. Found this on the web: 吉田基已さんのプロフィール, the translation of which I am posting here.

(All names follow the Japanese convention of family name first.)

Quote:
Profile of Yoshida Motoi

Sources:
Morning Online, Morning 1999 Issue 23 and self-declaration from the author, etc.

Yoshida Motoi
Female, born in 1976, currently residing in Kyōto.

Award history:
4th Manga Open
Received the "Watase Seizō Award" under the <Jury's Special Award Category>.
Award-winning work: Water and Silver

Comment from Watase Seizō
Each character has his/her own drama in itself, and the life-sized love of young people is expressed to the fullest. It can even reach a higher level if a bit more work/pep is put into the last scene.

Appeared in Morning 1998 Issue 43 published by Kōdansha
Created 2000.04.08; Last updated 2004.01.31 Copyright(C)Sanisani 2004 All rights Reserved
Note: Morning is one of Kōdansha's many comic magazines. Like Afternoon and Evening (in which Koikaze is being serialised), it's targeted at older readers.

(Many thanks to my sister Latte for helping with the translation.)
Old 2004-06-29, 01:21   Link #215
Leviathan926

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairx
Watching ep 11 (10 from a-s title) and then 12 with chinese subs (which i cant understand at all), going to ep 13 which broccoli translated, left me in awe admiring their tough relationship... i felt sorry for them tho..
Spoiler:

BUT....!

when I got myself the a-s subs, it turns my point of view completely 180 degree! All I can see is, Its Koushiro's fault all the way from the beginning. He's weak. Heart and minds.
Spoiler:

Which come to my "second" opinions of the final episodes..

Spoiler:

Its the end of the forbidden love. Its just a case of "Genetic sexual attractions" http://www.geneticsexualattraction.com/

Nevertheless, Koi Kaze is a remarkable piece of anime. But I'm surprised there are no referral to GSA phenomenon in the entire series (did I missed something?).

13 episodes, 2 main char, plus 6 more as support, the show is brilliantly written and developed. Towards the end of the series, i began to understand the role of Koushiro and Nanoka friends. They are actually the missing part of themself. They show us comparatively the state of mind, desire and sometimes the dark side of Koushiro and Nanoka, in the most refined style.

Not to mentioned the music!! Awesome, it builds the right moods and feeling. And I respect the the opening sequence of Koi Kaze. Simple yet it gave the wierd sense of romance atmosphere. And the hints of the series are obvious toward the end of the OP. man.. I wish someday I can produce something as good as this one!

This show will always be remembered, (at least by me..) despite (and might be for) the much controversial storyline, I hope It will be the turning point for the society to realize the importance of further studying GSA and the countermeasure to prevent them. I have no objections regarding what kinda hell of relationships that happens in anime, but its saddens me if such things happens to people around me.

Thank God.. I have no sisters.. and my niece all live saperately wayyyyy... from me! LOL
wow thats a really deep analysis. you took it from a scientific standpoint. about GSA and all... I looked at it from a literary point of view. like the metaphors and foreshadowing going on in the movie. haven't finished watching it like you have, so i won't comment on anything; but the most obvious motif seen in the series is the teddy bear. The exhange of that shows role reversal; and that's a predominate motif in the story.

Dynamic character development is what's intriuging as well as the transferance of roles/behaviors. great drama flick in the final episodes. but Kimi ga Nozomu Eien is still my favorite.
Leviathan926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 14:10   Link #216
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I haven't seen all the episodes but I did watch the ending in its entirety because I was just that curious. This is by far, the most shocking anime I've ever seen. It left me feeling uncomfortable the rest of the night. This is coming from a guy who loves the shoujo-ai genre.

Another fine example of how boundless anime is. They sure know how to push your buttons.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 16:01   Link #217
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
But I'm surprised there are no referral to GSA phenomenon in the entire series (did I missed something?).
Did you miss the whole series? The whole thing was an illustration of GSA. Just becaues it was never directly spoken about by the characters doesn't mean it wasn't there.

Quote:
I hope It will be the turning point for the society to realize the importance of further studying GSA and the countermeasure to prevent them.
Or accept it.

I have no problem with sibbling romance. I would just hope they'd be responsible enough to not conceive children since it would be rather unfair to them, given the chances of bad genes becoming dominant.

EDIT: Here's an interesting statement about the criminalization of incestuous conception and genetic risks:

"Genetic experts argue that the chances of having a genetically damaged child are less than those of a woman over 40 having a Downs child- and “you don’t prosecute women over 40 for getting pregnant”. "
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 19:28   Link #218
Devin

Now that I finished the series, I have several questions and afterthoughts, feel free to discuss about them!

#1. What do you guys think is the moral of this anime's story? Is it about handling self-control/willpower, is about "love should not be discriminated?", "you should not love your sibiling that way, or you will have no happy future"?

#2. Do you think Koshiro would have fell in love with Nanoka even if they didn't meet by chance in the first episode and developed that bond in the ferris wheel? Meaning, he never met Nanoka until she moved into their father's house, then would the Genetic Sexual Attraction theory still apply?

#3.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Devin; 2004-07-02 at 23:44.
Old 2004-07-01, 19:49   Link #219
TronDD
Team the box!

#1: I think the series focused more on what love is. Koshiro had never known real love "from the bottom of his heart" and had troubles dealing with those feelings once he did have them. The fact that it's his sister is just another wrench in the gears. It makes you weigh the good and bad between 'a man finding true love' and 'a man in love with his sister'. Was it a good thing or a bad thing for him?

The show wsan't so much about: "is incest right or wrong?"

The show also did a good job of not showing just what could happen to a couple in that situation. His co-worker spoke her mind but she still wished him the best. No one else knows about it. The show stayed pretty neutral and just left it up to the viewer (the park and trees slated to be removed, the scene with their mother, etc)

#2: No idea. That's interesting because he first enjoys her company without knowing their relation. If he know of it first, would his rational mind, already with the idea "incest is wrong", block his affection? Once you do have feelings for someone, will anything stop them?

#3:
Spoiler:
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-02, 23:53   Link #220
Devin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD

#3:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Tags