AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-07, 09:01   Link #201
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
She doesn't look like MJ to me. She looks like Yvonne Strahovski with pale skin and dark hair. Which is a shame because it's the tan skin and blonde hair that make Yvonne pretty. Without those qualities she's actually kinda average, borderline ugly.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 12:12   Link #202
Statonxyb
hrm

Kill it with fire.

Now.
Old 2010-01-07, 12:13   Link #203
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Oh yeah, she does look like MJ, especially in this vid during the in-game footage.

I don't like Miranda after watching this vid, not only is she uglier than Ashley Williams, but now Samara looks infinitely more attractive to me, especially in terms of motivations. Yup, I ma pumping her with so much block of metal if the game ever offers me that option.
"he'll have to fight to earn my Trust"

Really bitch? .. Really? I belive he already earned EVERYONES trust you douche.
Old 2010-01-07, 12:24   Link #204
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Did he? When? Being a hero and saving the galaxy doesn't immediately garner you the trust of said galaxy.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 13:04   Link #205
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Um, did I mention saving the world at all? No i didn't He did Fight to prove he's specter worthy and even greater than that. He did save the galaxy and it was because he knows how to fight. Why would he need to fight even more to earn some MJ clone's trust?

[joke] Girls these days have very high standards [/joke]

I'm so glad I kept ashly
Old 2010-01-07, 13:43   Link #206
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yes, but like I said, what did he do to earn Miranda's trust? She's not referring to fighting as in 'grab a gun and shoot things,' she means 'fighting' in that Shepard is going to have to work hard on gaining her trust if he wants it.

Remember, this is the same guy that -if you did the side missions- demolished several of Cerberus's stations and experiments. Would you trust someone who demolished several of your stations and experiments?
Old 2010-01-07, 14:13   Link #207
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Trust is a weakness.
Old 2010-01-07, 14:18   Link #208
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Finaly took the time to preorder it...

Now i'm curious if my little Rachni queen was as busy as the bug she is and produced a lot of offsprings. xD
Old 2010-01-07, 14:23   Link #209
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I would be inclined to agree.... if only her in-game model didn't look like Micheal Jackson.

And I never cared much for my human members, to be honest.
I kinda see what you mean now you mention it, still If I look at proper pictures can't help, but I do feel she's "hot" in a way.

The new Asari girl seens a lot better then Liara. Liara just felt like a 7y/o to me the new one got some spunk.

Wondering who's tastes matches with project zero.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 14:37   Link #210
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, Liara is still little more than a child by Asari standards, so you're not quite wrong there.

As for the Miranda/Micheal part, I can't really agree there. They have a few similarities, sure, but those really don't go further than hair color and a somewhat similar style.
Old 2010-01-07, 21:32   Link #211
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Finaly took the time to preorder it...

Now i'm curious if my little Rachni queen was as busy as the bug she is and produced a lot of offsprings. xD
If you're lucky, maybe she mated with Shepard in the meantime, control a nice body in the meantime.

Rachni Queen x Shepard-

*Has his twisted mind VAPORIZED*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 22:13   Link #212
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i do actaully hope the Rachni queen comes to the rescue in #2. she has to be, then what would be the point of seting her free?
Old 2010-01-07, 22:52   Link #213
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
i do actaully hope the Rachni queen comes to the rescue in #2. she has to be, then what would be the point of seting her free?
I totally gave her the acid bath.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 23:20   Link #214
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statonxyb View Post
Kill it with fire.

Now.
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
I totally gave her the acid bath.
You evil son of a gun all she wanted to do was sing to her children :P

After noticing the similarities between Miranda and MJ, Subject Zero doesnt look that bad

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 23:50   Link #215
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Maybe the MJ comparison is a little exaggerated, but Miranda's in-game model definitely doesn't do her CG model and model base any justice. Even more so since her in-game model seems to have taken a few pointers from the Illusive Man's, with her nose and jaw line.

Depending on how your ME1 play was, it's only natural to expect that Miranda of all people wouldn't like you much. Especially if you're a pro-alien kind of Shepard and destroyed some Cerberus bases. Not to mention you're not supposed to like Cerberus either, especially if you're with a Sole Survivor background.

Besides, while I'm not especially looking forward to 'earning' Miranda's trust, I think this whole 'trust' thing is a nice addition. I mean, Grunt's trailer have him giving you a bodyslam, presumably inside Normandy which goes to show how... 'touchy' relations can possibly be in-game, expected of your average angry dry humour krogan. A far cry from Wrex who was already experienced and... civil compared to the average krogan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
If you're lucky, maybe she mated with Shepard in the meantime, control a nice body in the meantime.

Rachni Queen x Shepard-

Twisty thoughts are for them Asaris, who can mate with anything.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 01:03   Link #216
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Besides, while I'm not especially looking forward to 'earning' Miranda's trust, I think this whole 'trust' thing is a nice addition. I mean, Grunt's trailer have him giving you a bodyslam, presumably inside Normandy which goes to show how... 'touchy' relations can possibly be in-game, expected of your average angry dry humour krogan. A far cry from Wrex who was already experienced and... civil compared to the average krogan.
I want Wrex back or at least be able to talk to him again, Wrex was too awesome and so was his voice acting, I took Wrex almost everywhere on my playthrough me and him were like best friends

Old 2010-01-08, 01:52   Link #217
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I want Wrex back or at least be able to talk to him again, Wrex was too awesome and so was his voice acting, I took Wrex almost everywhere on my playthrough me and him were like best friends
They can't have all the likeable characters in your squad. For the most part, the fact that many of the potential squadmates have polarising personalities is the entire point. The new "Loyalty system" they have (which is like the Approval system from Dragon Age, except you can't buy their love with gifts) pretty much demands you have all of your squad loyal to you in order to get the very best ending. Yes, what ending you get is heavily dependant on who's loyal, who isn't and how well upgraded the Normandy is. BioWare have stated that Mass Effect 2 is pretty much all about the squadmates.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 02:29   Link #218
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

The new loyalty system will be quite cool if in one of the potential playthroughs the characters betray you and you have to fight them, all the abilities, guns, armour and level upgrades you gave them are against you. It would be epic

Old 2010-01-08, 06:42   Link #219
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Rachni Queen x Shepard-

*implants a cybernetic brain and programs it in slave mode*

Get me Keroko's kemonomimi. Now. THIS IS AN ORDER.

Quote:
You evil son of a gun all she wanted to do was sing to her children :P
She could be a bad singer for all we know. We are saving her children you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
They can't have all the likeable characters in your squad. For the most part, the fact that many of the potential squadmates have polarising personalities is the entire point. The new "Loyalty system" they have (which is like the Approval system from Dragon Age, except you can't buy their love with gifts) pretty much demands you have all of your squad loyal to you in order to get the very best ending. Yes, what ending you get is heavily dependant on who's loyal, who isn't and how well upgraded the Normandy is. BioWare have stated that Mass Effect 2 is pretty much all about the squadmates.
So this means if you treat them all like crap you get a mutiny? COOL!

Personally I think one thing about Mass Effect is the "suck it up" of your teammates, you can treat them like trash yet they still fight for you. The loyalty system just sets it parallel and makes it no different from the other Bioware games.

Since Asaris can mate with anybody, I wish there is a femshep x Asari option. I would certainly like to see how many players will ACTUALLY go to lengths just to get that.

Oh yeah, and we can name the achievement "Platonic Lover". Brilliant idea eh?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 16:33   Link #220
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Shepard

Wrex
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, mass effect, mass effect 2