Mordin gets his due.

And Zaeed gets a trailer.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 01:34   Link #443
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
A lot of copies are already out, retail and pirated. Pirate versions are self-explainable, they leaked some day/s ago. The retail, well, that's because some stores decided to release it earlier than EA told them. So the DLC does have impact already.
Yeah, I learned this the hard way. I was actually being charged last week by Gamestop for the collector's edition, but considering I didn't have enough credits then, and I only noticed that their e-mail now (I mean, seriously, I wasn't expecting it till today), it means I'm getting it a week and a day later than I should've had it. >_<

Now they better still give me my pre-order bonus...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 06:20   Link #444
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

*whistles*

Spoiler:

*FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 07:00   Link #445
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*whistles*

Spoiler:

*FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ*
The fact that you are not playing it but actually wasted several minutes of your gaming time making that picture, loading it up and posting it here, disqualifies you from ME2. Hand over that Disc, Sir.
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 10:05   Link #446
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Got mine as well, the stores over here really don't care much about the 29 date in Europe. Lucky me.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 10:07   Link #447
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Didn't go for the CE edition myself, but the retailers keeps tight on their schedule it'd seem.. at least mine...

2 days to go~~

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 10:50   Link #448
Random Wanderer

My copy is en-route. Currently tracking.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 10:53   Link #449
ZeroForever

ended up cancelling my CE edition after amazon's 10 dollar credit made a 25 dollar difference between the CE and SE. If it's anything like what happened with DA:O's CE addition everything extra if it isn't already torrented will be soon, so there isn't really a huge difference between SE and CE other then the tin box and comic book; which you can also torrent...

honestly though 15 dollars for the cerburus DLC... there seriously reallly going out of there way this time to make a used copy of this game worthless not to mention rentals, considering the cerburus is required just to shop in the game it's pretty important.
Old 2010-01-26, 11:00   Link #450
Westlo
Lets be reality

Hopefully I can pick this up after work tomorrow, release date for Aus is the 28th, hoping its release date is broken.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 11:06   Link #451
Nosauz

was it me or did any of you guys find the mass effect add campaign horrendously stupid? Well at least, the assassin, loyalist, actually who am I kidding the gamestop preorder add sucked major balls too. If I hadn't played mass effect and been pretty much a bioware nut hugger for the past decade I would not pick up this game due to that terrible add campaign.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 11:22   Link #452
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Apparently the Cerberus Network codes included with the CEs aren't working properly while the codes included with the regular editions are. BioWare and EA are looking into the issue.
Old 2010-01-26, 11:23   Link #453
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
The fact that you are not playing it but actually wasted several minutes of your gaming time making that picture, loading it up and posting it here, disqualifies you from ME2. Hand over that Disc, Sir.
The disc was installing in the DVDRom when I took the pic, sorry The picture was taken in my surprise that the shops here actually had the CE, and with it being cheaper than my MW2 (standard edition) purchase, I couldn't resist. My copy also came with the codes for the Gamestop exclusive items, the Blackstorm HW and the Terminus Armor, which was mindblowingly awesome despite the fact that I never ordered from them.

As for the game itself... I haven't even left one solar system and it's already more action packed and epic than ME, and that's only for the first 3 hours I've logged in

Also, love the way sniper rifles are actually useful this time around due to the headshot mechanic. Headshots with your sniper rifle is so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Apparently the Cerberus Network codes included with the CEs aren't working properly while the codes included with the regular editions are. BioWare and EA are looking into the issue.
Hmm strange, didn't have a problem with mine, even though I haven't downloaded the Collector Armor and Rifle set yet.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-01-26, 11:25   Link #454
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I didn't know they incorporated headshots! Hell, now my Infiltrator might actually be awesome instead of a point-shoot-see things die.

Old 2010-01-26, 11:28   Link #455
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
I didn't know they incorporated headshots! Hell, now my Infiltrator might actually be awesome instead of a point-shoot-see things die.
There's even an achievement for taking down 30 enemies with headshots, which is rather easy to complete. It's only the limited ammo capacity of the sniper rifle which keeps it balanced. It also helps that the sniper scope now wobbles much less than in ME1, allowing you to accomplish said headshots easily.

Krogans seem immune to headshots for some reason though...

Old 2010-01-26, 11:33   Link #456
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Krogans oughta have a strong skull, looking at the rest of their biology. Wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Either way, considering I got PC controls in addition to what you say... oh boy.

Old 2010-01-26, 11:37   Link #457
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Hmm strange, didn't have a problem with mine, even though I haven't downloaded the Collector Armor and Rifle set yet.
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...6/index/769145

Also, Cerberus Network code should NOT give you Collector Armor, that's a seperate code.
Old 2010-01-26, 11:37   Link #458
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Trust me, you would not want to miss out on enemies stupid enough to show a bit of scalp out of cover: it's all you need to take them out and see the shower of blood that follows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...6/index/769145

Also, Cerberus Network code should NOT give you Collector Armor, that's a seperate code.
Woops... I'm getting confused by all the codes, since the CE gives you 4 different codes for the game (CD Key, Collector Armor, Cerberus Network and Terminus/Blackstorm set).

Old 2010-01-26, 14:08   Link #459
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm amazed at how much more tactical the game has gotten with something as simple as the addition of headshots. In Mass Effect 1 I never switched weapons, sticking with my assault rifle throughout the game. In Mass Effect 2, I already switched weapons more times then I counted, and decided to re-roll because I suddenly didn't feel the same overwhelming need to use the assault rifle anymore.

Too bad the Zaeed download seems to be MIA though.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 14:35   Link #460
Statonxyb
hrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Too bad the Zaeed download seems to be MIA though.
Bioware stated (on page 30 of a sticky on the social forums) that the Zaeed DLC will be up by tomorrow or Thursday.

My CE should arrive in the next couple hours.

Good thing I have all of this Army paperwork to keep me busy.

Tags
bioware, mass effect, mass effect 2